Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Secret of Hoth (Open)

star_wars__the_old_republic_12744705063908.jpg
For a planet with nothing but snow, ice, wompas and tauntauns it was a surprise Hoth had such a grand history. In the past it had been something of a training ground for some of the Jedi under the teachings of the great Master Luke Skywalker. Before it had been an Imperial occupied planet after the Rebel Alliance suffered a defeat at the hands of the Empire. And even before then it had been an infamous battleground during the time of the Old Republic when the Sith had won a great victory over the Jedi and the Republic itself. But there was something else about this planet that barley any knew of.
Where the old Rebel Base sat was also an old bunker used during the Old Republic. It too had been abandoned long ago before being rediscovered by the Rebels, but only one area was locked. A single door near the hanger bay, or what was now converted into a hanger bay, had remained locked and sealed for over a millennium. A data-key was needed but no matter how hard anyone had tried the door could not be hacked or pried open. But not seeing any real need for it no one bothered any further than that. The secret behind the door remained a mystery and the key lost.
Until now...
A small band of pirates arrived on the planet. One of their members, a ruthless dug, had managed to find the previous owner of the data-key. After "persuading him" to reveal what it belonged to he figured it meant a great treasure or something of value was locked inside. Especially if it dated back to before the Old Republic, that meant it was worth millions by now. Gathering his band of cutthroats and criminals, equaling to at least twenty, he set off to find out whatever treasure was hidden inside the old Hoth base.

"God damn! It is cold, man...it's fethin' freezin'!" He muttered to himself. Rather than his usual attire, he wore a large coat and had a backpack thrown over his shoulders. Clutched in his jaws was a lit cigarillo, the smoke spiraling up towards the sky. As he walked ahead, the only sound was the frigid wind blowing through his beard and the sound of snow crunching under his boots. He had traveled with the Jackals intending to retrieve the possible wealth hidden in this aging bunker. Continuing to march through the snow, he suddenly came to a halt and spun around. "MCNASH! CAN YA HEAR MY VOICE!?" He barked. He slowly examined his surroundings, realizing he had wondered away from the group of criminals.

"....Damn."

[member="VIKI"]

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

"Question: Claudius, why is this Cavern important?"
"Statement: You must be expecting some money from these pirates...Maybe we could get me a new A.I."
"Persuasion: Perhaps, Claudius, we can fool these Pirates, and run off with any treasure in there home free"

HK 42 had accompanied Claudius in this quest on Hoth to find some treasure. Maybe the two could find him a new A.I. which truthfully, HK 42 would enjoy having this A.I. be a part of his Mainframe. [member="Pavor Clauditis"] [member="VIKI"]

The Cowboy was doing this off his own back, not because some slime ball of a Hutt had told him too. Actually, he doubted the Hutts even knew what was going on. Xander chuckled at that thought, slowly adjusting his coat. He had ditched his long coat in favor of something more suited to the weather, but he'd kept the cowboy hat. He also kept his guns on display, just in case.

He knew the reason he was here. It was for whatever riches lay behind that damn bolt door, not to help some wannabe adventurers on a quest he hoped would get them all killed. All but him, anyway. He chuckled again, wrapping his scarf around him. The only problem with Hoth was this damn cold, otherwise it wouldn't be half bad.

[member="Pavor Clauditis"]
[member="VIKI"]

He slowly turned to his Droid companion and was completely silent for a moment. Suddenly, a large wicked grin spreading across his face. "HK...I like you. I gotta think 'bout it. One wrong goddamned move and I ain't gettin' paid no credits for smugglin' for the Jackals. Only if we get the chance, aight?" He whispered to the Droid, slowly glancing up towards the sky. "HK...you got your rifle, right?" He asked, slowly continuing to walk through the snow towards the location of the bunker that he had not even had the opportunity to see in person. "Look 'round for anybody followin' us. You see a Wampa...blast it straight to Hell." He continued to examine anything nearby, before stopping to shout again. "FLANNIGAN! CAN YA HEAR ME!?"

[member="VIKI"]

[member="HK-42"]

[member="Xander Black"]

"Reassurance: Of course I've got my Rifle, and I'd be happy to kill something."

HK 42 would constantly look around, keeping an eye for Wampas, Pirates, or anything to shoot and kill

[member="Pavor Clauditis"] [member="Xander Black"] [member="VIKI"]

"Out of all the places a bunker could be located...Goddamn Hoth. Hoth is what happens when Hell freezes over, know what I'm sayin'?" He continued to speak to HK, before reaching up and gripping onto the cigarillo. Quickly removing it, he tossed the cigarillo onto the snow then quickly brought his boot smashing it deeper into the snow. His hand then slowly slipped into his coat pocket and he removed a small, stainless steel flask containing low-qaulity liquor. Taking a quick swig, he chuckled slightly and then turned towards the Droid. "Now...if this bunker was hidden on Endor and belonged to the goddamn Empire we wouldn't have to endure this excruciating weather! DAMMIT!" He shouted at the Droid, before taking another swig from the flask, continuing to walk with the Droid. "Ya know...I should've brought a damn blaster."

[member="HK-42"]

[member="Xander Black"]

HK 42 just so happened to bring a blaster, in case the Rifle stopped working. he'd reach for the blaster, handing it to Claudius

​"Coincidence: Claudius, it just so happens that I had brought an extra blaster."

"Statement: you may use it for this trip, but next time bring your blaster."

He slowly reaches over, gripping onto the grip of the blaster. He then stopped suddenly, the wind continuing to howl. Reaching over, he removes his backpack, dropping on the snow causing thick chunks of white snow to fly up a few inches before falling back down. He crouched down in the freezing snow, unzipping the backpack. He then quickly dropped the blaster into the backpack before lifting it once more and throwing it around his shoulders. "HK...we may or may not be lost in the middle of Hoth with a very little chance of being found by the others." He'd say, his enthusiasm slowly fading away.

[member="HK-42"]

​"Statement: There is a cavern over there by 30 yards. perhaps that is what we are looking for."

HK 42 would be referring to a cave nearby, with the Republic logo on a piece of metal that is at the entrance of the Cave. HK 42 had started pointing at the cave once he mentioned the cave.

"Reassurance: no worry about the wear and tear on what is left on the door."

"Statement: It is most likely from the harsh conditions of the Planet, so that means we are first to this vault."

[member="Pavor Clauditis"] [member="VIKI"]

"Alright...this way." The two approached the cave, the smuggler continuing to take swigs from his flask. As the reached the cave, however, it was nothing that contained any wealth. Bones were scattered around and crouched in the corner was a large, white creature with their back turned towards the two. The creature was tearing into something that appeared to be a Human arm. Pavor's eyes went wide with surprise and fear. As he took a step back, he stepped upon something that created a loud snap. The beast spun around, snarling at the two. "HK..." The smuggler barked, before spinning around to retreat from the Wampa.

[member="HK-42"]

[member="Xander Black"]

HK immediately opens fire at the Wampa, hitting it a few times before landing a hit on the forehead, killing the Wampa instantly

"Neutralization: Target Neutralized Claudius."

"Statement: that is most likely the only Wampa in here, since the continuing cave is too small for Wampas to fit through."

HK 42 starts walking forward into the continuing cavern, expecting Claudius to follow behind him.

Just to note, it'd take more than a few bullets to kill a Wampa. A headshot would stun it, I doubt kill it.

Xander shot first. The droid didn't didn't shoot first, The Cowboy did. The Wampa let out a large howl and fell back in surprise. He looked at the Bounty Hunter and the Droid, chuckling. He was perched on a small but high mound of snow, looking over the others. "Someone had to come and save you" he shouted down to them, throwing each of them a thermal detonator.

"On three we throw these things and go home" he shouted, arming himself with a detonator. The Wampa was getting close now, and Xander slowly started to count down. On three, all three men threw their detonators into the cave, watching as it fell in, collapsing on the Wampa.

"Now can we go home?"

[member="Pavor Clauditis"]
[member="HK-42"]

"HK...HELL...NO! I AIN'T-" The smuggler stopped instantly, quickly scooping up the detonator. Then, chucked the explosive at the Wampa. The sound of a roaring Wampa was quickly silenced by the deafening blast of three thermal detonators going off simultaneously. With that, he spun around, stumbled out of the cave, and then fell to his knees in the snow. He sighed loudly as the freezing wings flew into his face, sending his dreadlocks flying back for a moment. He then headed out into the snow once more, recognizing the familiar sound of his snow crunching underneath his boots. He'd slowly turn to Xander. "Thank ya. What are you doin' down 'ere, boy? I assume you were with McNash?"

[member="HK-42"]

[member="Xander Black"]

"Insult: Claudius, you have seriously become a coward in a short instant"

"Statement: I shall search this cave and see if it's what we're looking for."

"Invitation: Cowboy, you are welcome to follow me...but no more explosions."

"Statement: the explosions might have this cave system fully collapse, and we'd lose everything."

"Insult: so Meatbag, do not ruin my hard work and do not waste my time, because I hate wasting my time."

HK 42 continued walking into the cave, keeping an eye out for any interesting treasure or goodies to take back home.

The long slender length of metal burst from the sky, its wings cutting through the surrounding clouds like a hot knife through butter taking large gauges out of the now swirling vapour. It was rounded with panels of light, its head was built off geometric shapes with squares boxes as heads, and with that the long slender craft landed. The doors opened with a metallic groan opake clouds rose from open exhaust pipes, leaving a noxious cloud in the area.

Meandering out and towards [member="Pavor Clauditis"]. "Greetings." he'd state the voice a machine, a soft, rhythmic clattering. "How far is the bunker from here." The expansion and dexpatiation of the chest cavity would groan with a light 'squeak'. The pistons moving forward sending intricate components moving and tightening until reaching the hand unhinging the clamped fist. He'd gesture behind him and the rest of the jackals would fold out and into a line behind me.

[member="Xander Black"] [member="HK-42"] [member="Alatar Istari"] [member="Pavor Clauditis"] [member="Bass Terrik"] [member="Quinn"] [member="Avery Akanbar"] [member="A.D.A.M."] [member="Zane Hara"] [member="Break"] [member="Orn'komad "][member="Paislee Armandé"] [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Haaza Kutter"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

Tiali Exits the vehicle tagging behind Flannigan not really caring for the line of Jackals his boots crunching in the snow every step. Letting out a deep breath with a shudder to the breath "Kark it's cold why did I agree to do this." He rub's his hands together trying to any warmth he can get from the gloves. Letting out a sigh "I better get paid for this."

Cadan exited the ship, following Flannigan. Hewore Red Raven Shot Caller Armor, the armor looked like it was kept in the best condition, with only a few cuts and scrapes on it. The armour bore The Jackals insignia. Wrapping itself around his armor was a brown trench coat, the coat itself was once a fine piece of fabric, but now it was almost as run down as an old slave. The coat was severely burnt and carried multiple bullet holes and stains. Strapped to his right thigh was a DL-18, the words "Sunshine" could be seen sketched into the handle. He wore two wrist mounted weapons, on his left wrist a M99 Rocket system and on his right a CZ Wrist-Mounted Flame Projector. Sitting on the seat beside him was a Red Raven Gauss Rifle equipped with an Augmented Shooting Tool, the strap of the weapon was held around Cadan shoulders and under his arm.

As he approached the small group that had dispatched the wompa's, smoke still rising from the one that had been blown up, he looked around at them. "Done playing with the animals?" He said as he looked to the group.

[member="Xander Black"] [member="HK-42"] [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Pavor Clauditis"]

He looked at Flannigan Mcnash, before slowly nodding his head multiple times. But before he could answer, he turned to Cadan. "Oh...yeah. You know, but let's see how badass you'd behave when you got a ten foot motherkarker runnin' at you, ready to kark you the hell up." He said, obviouly irritated. Finally, he glanced back to Flannigan Mcnash. "How far is the bunker? Well...I got no idea, man. HK over here thought it'd be a decent idea to climb up into this cave and look how that ended up." He gripped onto the flask again, taking a quick swig before slowly sliding the flask back into his coat.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

[member="HK-42"]

"Alright, you've done well. You'll be seeing a cut of the profit in double digits." he obviously meant percentages, at one stage he would've meant that in credit rather than percent, he was a Tat womp rat to the marrow of his bone's, but he barely had bones to speak of so there was bound to be change. "Last raid we did under Sempra, we encountered an old time droid. Outdated but can still kill, with places like this it proves useful to be careful." He pulled his coat around him, snow settling on his shoulders in small piles before scattering off and down his form, he had to be careful without a core temperature he could freeze. "Hunter you'll take the head, scope this place out."

| [member="Pavor Clauditis"] | [member="HK-42"] | [member="Tiali Orazio"] |​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom