Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Search for Answers

Vaulkhar sat aboard the bridge of the current Frigate he cruised the galaxy upon. Since his apprenticeship to [member="Vengeance"] the Sith Knight, he found it much easier to travel about. No longer was the blind man forced to pay heavy fees for travel. Nor was he required to steal a ship to travel from point A to point B. At this point though, he was following a lead he dug up while sifting through the archives. A lead on a possibly family member, a man by the name of [member="Enoch Zambrano"]. Apparently he was his half-brother, courtesy of their rather destructive and not so great father. With that being said, he learned from another acolyte within the archives that his brother was currently leading a group of rebels within the city of Adasta'kun upon the planet of Ziost.

Once approaching the captain of the ship his master often frequented, he agreed to pilot the ship and take Vaulkhar to Ziost, as a favor to the young acolyte, refusing any form of payment to the acolyte. That was rather odd, as payment for this sorta thing was often asked for, but if he did not desire it, than Vaulkhar was not going to complain.

Upon entering the planets orbit, they were capable of simply avoiding any trouble from military or guard personnel by claiming to be a simple trade ship. Luckily enough at the time, the Captain was indeed an acting merchant for the One Sith, carting off stolen and captured goods, slaves as well, to the fences throughout the galaxy who were willing to pay credits for them. As the ship descended through the sky, they eventually landed upon a landing pad stationed within the city. Vaulkhar said his farewells.

"Many thanks Captain. I do not require you to remain here, as I'll surely be able to find a way off this planet if my brother truly remains."

"Understood Vaulkhar, farewell."

As the two went their separate ways, the Captain and his crew heading off towards the city and a market district, Vaulkhar found himself traveling throughout the city, simply looking about. His blind gaze seemed to peer about everywhere at once, searching for his so called brother, Enoch Zambrano.

Enoch stood in the massive citadel of Adasta'kun, speaking with his advisers. The young man was quickly working his way towards his final goal. A few of the citizens weren't so fond of Enoch's rule, as they didn't agree with the Primeval religion into their holy city. He had promised them a return to the ancient ways of the Sith, yet the religion he brought was not that of Naga Sadow that they thought, it was that of the Host Lord and the Black Prophet. Sargon was their new patron god, and he is the embodiment of the Force, and Enoch is one of his missionaries. A Riftwalker.

Of course, Enoch believed none of what his Great Uncle told him of the gods. Sargon and his aspects were but a tool Enoch wished to use to hold down his masses. For if he convinced them to believe Sargon, convincing them he was knew the will of the gods wasn't too far away. As he spoke with Rex Dragg, a messenger came to them, sweaty and out of breath.

"Sith'ari, a ship has entered city. It belongs to Knight Vengeance." The boy spoke, pushing air out of his lungs quickly, before catching his breath. Enoch walked down the steps of the chamber to where the boy stood leaning on his knees. His arms were folded behind his back, and his black robes flowed smoothly, giving him a wraith-like look. Twisted orange orbs stared down at the boy, piercing into his skull. Enoch's mind probed the boy's, an easy target, and found he was telling the truth.

"Well? Fetch Knight Vengeance, and bring him to me! A Sith Knight deserves an honorable entrance. Perhaps he will help us crush this Naga Ite'sak." With Enoch's last sentence, he turned to Rex Dragg, arching an eyebrow. A flourish of his cloak and Enoch was headed back up the stairs. At the top sat a large, stone throne, behind it a statue of Sargon that was still in the midst of being constructed. Enoch watched as the boy nodded, running back out to the city.

"This will be fun..."

[member="Vaulkhar"]

As Vaulkhar stepped down from the landing pad and into the street of the city, he was approached by one of the many servants of [member="Enoch Zambrano"]. The Sith Acolyte stared blindly at the servant, brow perked upon being approached. His hands come together behind his back, fingers interlocking. Vaulkhar would note the servant standing before him, but seeming to peer past him, towards his Master's ship.

"Can I help you, stranger?"

Vaulkhar's own confusion grew as he studied the little servant. Though he appeared not to have his own mastery of the Force, it was clear that it permeated from him. The power of the Sith leaked from the servant, or more so, seemed to surround the servant, as if he followed the path willingly, without any knowledge of the Sith on his own. Shaking his head from the sudden contemplation, Vaulkhar returned his attention to the servant just in time to hear the ending of his rather long and winded speech.

".... I come in search of Knight Vengeance upon order of Enoch Zambrano, Lord of this city."

Hearing mention of his master, the blind man nods slowly.

"I fear my master is not here to my knowledge, unless he stowed away upon his ship that is. I was granted the privilege to take his ship to this planet in search of my half brother. It is believed he lives here leading a group of rebels."

The servant visible straightened at the mention of rebels and their supposed leader. He turned away suddenly, motioning for Vaulkhar to follow. With nothing better to do, Vaulkhar set off after the servant, following him through the winding streets quickly and quietly. As the two strode, he began to notice forms of unknown people shadowing their movements, before eventually joining up. Soon, the two man party became a large group, striding through the city with purpose. Soon, Vaulkhar was led to the Citadel occupied by his half brother.

"We shall take you to Lord Enoch."

The servant and his part led Vaulkhar through the Citadel before eventually ending up in the throne room. The servants spread out, marking their arrival with simple introductions. With that, they moved to the sides of the room, allowing Vaulkhar to look upon Enoch as he arrived. The blind man perked a brow, clearly surprised by the leader of this group. Enoch was simply an Acolyte, similar in power to himself.

"Well this is an odd turn of events."

Vengeance was in his private quarters looking over some of the latest reports when there was a knock at the door.

"Enter."

One of the Navy Commanders entered the room saluting.

"Pardon the interruption Sir." "I was told to inform you that your Ship departed for Ziost with your apprentice."

Vengeance arched an eyebrow.

"Which apprentice?"

The Commander shook his head.

"The ghostly pale blind one or the other one?"

The Commander stifled a chuckle before responding.

"I believe it was the pale one Sir." "The description fits."

Vengeance sighed.

"Very well." "Please inform Navy Command to have the Captain reprimanded for the unauthorized departure and find me a replacement ship to get to Ziost." "Last thing I need is one of my Apprentices offending an ally." "I worked hard helping the Primeval invade Ziost to get into their good graces to have it ruined."

The Commander saluted before departing to make the arraignments Vengeance had requested. Vengeance made a few notes before standing and making his way towards the Star Port.

[member="Vaulkhar"]

"You...are not Knight Vengeance, are you." Enoch spoke to the man below him, tilting his head slightly. His words were less of a question and more of a statement. Slowly, Enoch rose from his chair. He looked back over his shoulder to Rex, and the grizzly man nearly shrugged. Enoch gave him a slight nod. Rex Dregg, the man who once led the group of rebels, had quickly become Enoch's right hand. Something about him made the people of Adasta'kun trust Enoch, mostly.

"Which one of you brought me the news of Vengeance's arrival?" A few seconds after Enoch spoke, a pale hand rose into the air from the small group of servants the young Sith had collected.

"Myself, Sith'ari." The boy who spoke was young, maybe sixteen. Enoch nodded slowly, walking down the steps towards the boy. Suddenly, a look flashed in his eyes. The wretch had dared bring him false information. Made him look a fool. In the blink of an eye, a pale hand shot into the air, fingers splayed. Bolts of pure blue energy shot out of Enoch's fingertips, encasing the boy in a flash of blue lightning and sheer agony. He fell to the ground almost instantly, and the air smelled of sulfur and burnt flesh. Enoch turned back to their honored guest, the look of madness still burning in his eyes.

"Who are you, and why do you fly a ship of the One Sith?" Enoch's hand had lowered as he spoke, yet it still jutted out as he faced the man at an angle, leading with his right hand. A deep frown was set in his face, and he was ready to kill the man before him if he spoke wrong. While Enoch was a Warlord of a Primeval planet, he also supported the One Sith. If this man was with the One Sith, for Enoch could feel the blessing of Sargon flowing through the man's veins, then perhaps Enoch would cool his temper.

[member="Vengeance"] | [member="Vaulkhar"]

Vaulkhar watched the actions of [member="Enoch Zambrano"], not entirely surprised by what he had seen. It was natural for those of the Dark Side of the Force to do some rather... brutal things, even to their servants. But seeing a young man only a few years younger than him violently attacked for quite literally a simple misunderstand, was rather painful to watch. Moving towards the servant, Vaulkhar lowed himself down to the young man, studying his burned and blistered flesh. Shaking his head from side to side with a heavy sigh, he turned to the other servants nearby.

"Unless he is properly dealt with now, he'll be horribly deformed for quite some time. Or die. He'd probably die to be honest."

Shrugging as he stood, the Sith turned to Enoch and cleared his throat.

"I am Vaulkhar, student of Vengeance. I've been seeking answers to several questions that involved your father, and from what I've gathered on my spare time, you are one of the children he does not completely hate. So I've sought you out for the specific purpose of asking you the questions I've already spoke of. As allies to the Primeval, I did not expect it to be such an issue."

Once more the Sith looked to the downed servant, shaking his head.

Vengeance made his way to the Start port boarding a temporary replacement ship to get to Ziost. He went immediately to the bridge and to the Captain.

"Open up a line to my Ship on Ziost." "I want to speak to it's Captain."

Once the connection had been made Vengeance demanded to know the location of his Apprentice [member="Vaulkhar"] and who had cleared them to depart without his approval. As the ship departed Vengeance got his answer and then turned to the Captain.

"Get me a Line to this Citadel."

This time Vengeance instead of just sending a message made a holocall. That way the person on the other end could see who they were talking to. He spoke.

"My Name is Knight Vengeance of the One Sith." "You may remember at the very least my name from the conquest to liberate Ziost from the Dreaded Jedi." "I am en route to Ziost now." "The One Sith Apprentice known as Vaulkhar is to be detained on site until I arrive." "What ever force is needed to detain my Apprentice is encouraged and authorized."

Vengeance killed the single not waiting for a reply as the ship made the jump into hyperspace.

[member="Enoch Zambrano"]

"If you simply mean to ask, I have no qualms. Many men know my father, but know this; I am not Kaine Zambrano. I do not speak for him, and he does not speak for me. My path is my own, and is one walked through the deepest pits of Hell." Enoch stood halfway up the steps as he spoke, and looked down at Vaulkhar. He carried himself with arrogance for such a young man, yet he clearly felt confident. The power he had gained thus far was shaky at best, but Enoch wielded it like the Dark Lord of the One Sith; with strange grace and menace.

"Now, what do you wish to know of my father? Come, walk with me." After a pause, Enoch spoke again, and this time his voice was rather welcoming. Enoch looked back to Rex, waving him to walk with them. The grizzly man nodded, and with a pair of guards, followed Enoch down the steps, keeping him at a fifty foot distance. Enough for privacy, yet enough to rush to Enoch's aid if need be. When Enoch reached Vaulkhar, he placed his hand quickly on the man's bicep, squeezing it before moving for the exit of the citadel.

When the pair reached the main entrance, Enoch stopped at the top of the long steps leading down into the city. Rex walked forward to him, whispering in his ear the message sent from Vengeance. Without pause, Enoch simply nodded, and clasped his hands behind his back. Looking out to the city, he spoke to Vaulkhar.

"Beautiful city, isn't it? Now, let's get to it; how can I help you, Vaulkhar, Acolyte of the One Sith and student of Vengeance?"

[member="Vaulkhar"] | [member="Vengeance"]

Vaulkhar listened to the man's words, nodding along as he spoke of their father. [member="Enoch Zambrano"] was a man that was not entirely sane, and the blind man could tell this by simply looking upon him and listening to him speak. He walked a difficult path, a path without the aid of his family, and Vaulkhar respected that greatly. He did not know much of his father and the rest of his family, but he did not doubt the likelihood of various members of his family going to his father for aid, either in growth or for other things, such as aid or an alliance for that matter. Shaking his head from his considerations, the young man looked up in time to see Enoch speak and then approach. He considered his words momentarily, unsure how he wished to go about this conversation.

When he stood beside him and squeezed his shoulder, Vaulkhar did not flinch away, he simply nodded and turned to follow after the man. Noting the brief words said to Enoch, Vaulkhar perked a brow, both curious and cautious of the sudden change. He went from furious to calm and friendly in seconds, and now what he could only see as a bodyguard or adviser whispered to him. Things were amiss, and the young Sith could tell by the situation, but it mattered not at this point. He was in a city he did not know, on a planet he's never been to, and in the Citadel of a man who likely had an army at his beckon and call. Not the time or place to cause problems.

He followed Enoch to the main entrance and stepped up beside him.

"Indeed, very beautiful." He paused, still unsure how to go about the conversation. "I suppose I wanted to know what the man was like. What drives him to do what he does? What are his views of his family? Normal, mundane questions."

[member="Vengeance"]

"HAH! You've come to the wrong place, my friend. If you think anyone knows what drives my father, you might be more insane than he is. I won't pretend to know how he thinks, but I'll tell you this; they don't call him the Butcher of Worlds because it's cute. That man is a terrorist, if you ever meet him, you'll understand. Now, I get to ask you a question." Enoch finally turned to face Vaulkhar, leaning in closer to him. In a hushed tone, he would whisper to the stranger.

"Why do you care?" Slowly, Enoch would lean back to his old position, looking out at the city. If the man had come here hoping for advice on bringing down the Sith Lord, he truly was mistaken and naive. Enoch looked out across the city, towards the direction of Ziost's false capital. Maybe he could leverage Vaulkhar's abilities to help him in his mini-war against the usurper Naga Ite'sak. Yes, Enoch could tell this one was a fighter, something he himself failed to excel at. One day soon, Enoch promised himself he would rise to the same infamy as his father of his own doing. He would ride the coat trails of no one, and he would show the galaxy that there was more than one formidable Zambrano about.

And no doubt, Vaulkhar would be a mighty ally.

[member="Vaulkhar"]

As his ship exited Hyperspace above Ziost Vengeance took a deep breath. The last time he was here he had come as a conquering force of destruction. This time however he was an uninvited guess trying not to create and incident between friendly empires if friendly was even the right word to use.

"Captain please request permission to land if you would." "Let's try not to upset the natives anymore than we have to."

He chuckled.

"And pray my wayward Apprentice has not caused trouble." "Let me know when we have clearance." "I will be in the docking bay prepping my shuttle."

He turned not waiting on an answer making his way. Even after so long he still preferred the smaller shuttles piloted by somebody who had seen some action up close and personally.

[member="Enoch Zambrano"] [member="Vaulkhar"]

Vaulkhar stood in silence momentarily, unsure how to respond to Enoch. He considered telling him the truth of why he sought out answers, as it only made sense to share the truth with his elder brother. But simultaneously, something felt off about the entire situation. As he thought of the situation and the events leading up to the very moment, his gaze was drawn to the same city that Enoch looked upon. Everything about Ziost was beautiful, he had to admit that. The best thing about traveling so much was all the places you'd get to see and the events one would get to experience.

"He is my father."

Without thinking Vaulkhar revealed that to Enoch.

"Same as you, I suppose." He paused once more, turning his attention to his fellow Zambrano. "He knows nothing of my existence, and I'd rather it stay that way. I just wanted to get a good idea of what it is he so desired, and why it is he acts."

[member="Enoch Zambrano"] | [member="Vengeance"]

Enoch took the news in rather stoically. He himself was a bastard, however legitimized. Enoch knew that eventually he would meet other bastards, and he had no doubt that Vaulkhar was one. Enoch nodded his head slightly.

Figures as much. Everyone knows what type of man Kaine is, though. This one must be a really dumbo, or just lived under a rock.

For the first time in their short conversation, Enoch turned to face Vaulkhar.

"Well then, welcome to the family, brother. Whether you decide to tell Cornskr or not, you're still his child. If I've learned anything, it's that we have great power. In our blood, and in our name. If I have any advice for you, it's this; don't let the power in. Build your own, because if you don't, you'll only ever be the Son of the Butcher, never the butcher himself."

[member="Vengeance"] | [member="Vaulkhar"]

Vaulkhar considered the words spoken by his brother. He was not really a man who cared for having any sort of reputation for himself. That was likely due to the fact he lacked any sort of ambition and simply sought training to strengthen himself as both a warrior and a person. To some, that goal would be pointless. To others, it would be way too easy. But for a young man with no background and nothing to build off of, it was near-impossible at this point in his life. So here he stood, learning that his father was a man who had so much weight in just his name alone, was rather troubling. He already knew who Vornskr was to him, but he did not know how much weight that pulled, or that it was also something that could easily drag one down. Beautiful.

"His name and power do not matter to me. It's why I am simply Vaulkhar." Vaulkhar would then pause and turn slightly, looking at Enoch with his peripherals. "What is it you are doing on Ziost, brother?"

[member="Enoch Zambrano"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom