Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The Scar - Force Nexus | Virgilia 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resurgent Dispatch

R
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a Force Nexus location tied to historical First Order faction lore.
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Stenax
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Nexus Name: The Scar
  • Nexus Alignment: Dark
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Size: Small
  • Strength: Moderate
  • Accessibility: The Bastion of Ren is extremely difficult to locate on account of its natural concealability as well as concealment systems. The Scar even more so, buried deep beneath the surface of the mountain complex. In addition to the physical barriers to this location, spirits of the Knights of Ren of old, stripped from their human bodies have been forcibly indentured by way of Ssi-Ruuvi tech into mechanical servitors that defend the Force Nexus. These tortured souls cling to existence within the droid bodies of IG-100 Magnaguards. Originally designed as a meditation and seat of power for Sieger, any unauthorized entry will be met with resistance.
  • Description: A hollow vertical chamber cut deep below the surface of Virgilia. A single ornamental spire stands at the center of a narrow walkway, a precipice above an enormous drop to a pool of molten lava.
NEXUS EFFECTS

The Scar is a nexus of great influence, though concentrated. Outside the chamber in which it resides its effects are minimal but those who enter are immediately aware of its presence. Like moths to flame, this Force Nexus draws in the user, showing them images of themselves in positions of power, instilling them with the very feeling of power should they give in to its pressure. A dominating presence, this Force Nexus has a violent nature, almost as if it is trying to consume the very minds of those within its proximity. Those with strength may find a way to harness this but those who find themselves weaker may find it hard to control the violent and malevolent nature of the Nexus. If able to come out on top, those who commune with this nexus often find their blades to carry a sharper edge, their wits a finer point, their abilities enhanced in strength.

Those who succumb to the Nexus are overcome with a desire for violence, a desire for blood. To spill, to smell, to taste, to consume. Instilling its victims with hatred not only for others but hatred of self. Often times these victims are also granted supernatural resistance to pain however they are far more likely to perish as all regard for personal safety is discarded for a time. As distance from the Nexus is increased, these effects diminish.

To summarize, those within the proximity of the Bastion are affected by this hunger for violence, creating a dangerous environment both outside and inside the structure itself. These effects are temporary, however the longer a being is affected by the influence of this Nexus, the longer those effects last even when not in proximity of the Nexus itself. A being will also find itself desiring to be near the nexus and relapse is a distinct threat as those beings will want to return for the sense of power it gives them.

POINTS OF INTEREST

The Precipice
  • The first position. Upon entering this sealed chamber a large area roughly the side of a small hangar greets you. By appearances this space is almost designed as a sparring surface, racks of various weaponry adorn the walls. Beyond this area, a long narrow pathway can be seen leading to a central ornamental spire which hangs out over a vast pit.
The Path
  • The second position. At the edge of the sparring surface a long narrow walkway leads out over a vast expanse. Less than a meter in width, no handrails adorn this walkway, a violent gust of heat from the massive lava pool below could easily send someone over the edge and falling to their doom. This path is only wide enough for one person at a time.
The Spire
  • At the center of the vast chamber and at the end of the walkway is a large circular platform. At it's center rests an ornamental spire, almost organic in appearance. Obsidian swirls arc across what appears to be a scarlet crystal, almost as a cage. Around this central spire the platform extends in a radius of three to four meters. Like the platform, this surface is slick and hangs over the pit.
The Pit
  • Deep below the spire platform is merely cavernous space, jagged walls and naturally formed spikes adorn the walls all the way to its base hundreds of feet below. There, they are met with molten rock and lava, constantly bubbling and releasing heat into the chamber. It is unknown how many have fallen to their doom - or been pushed, but one this is certain. A fall from the spire platform would result in death barring some unseen circumstance.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The Scar. What was once a place of binding, a place of malevolent domination at the hands of Sieger Ren now exists as a scar upon the world of Virgilia 7. Even so its potency remains hidden, secreted only from the Bastion of Ren. Warped and changed by not only Sieger's own efforts but the apocalyptic levels of death endured upon the Bastion's steps this Force Nexus feeds on the living and seeks to enslave their souls should they find themselves victims to it.

The Bastion of Ren has laid dormant for years, since the First Order's sundering at the hands of the Ssi-Ruuvi but the Nexus has been alive and well, feeding off those Ssi-Ruuk who stumbled into the Bastion's depths, feeding on the residual dark energy on the surface of Virgila, aided by the various Stenax colonies established by the Knights of Ren. A polluting force, creatures near the Bastion grow more aggressive, more dangerous, and seem to have some supernatural ability at hunting the unwary. Even the best trained hunters aren't free from threat. The Stennax as well grow more aggressive here than even their homeworld. Bigger, stronger, meaner. It is a malevolent force affecting the surrounding mountain ranges though unable to assert its true power except within the chamber it resides in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Resurgent Dispatch, morning! I apologize for the long wait on this one, did a lot of running around. However, I just have a few things that need to be fixed/clarified before I approve this one.

Links | The fourth link isn't updated. I've found the thread you were looking for and llinked it here.
Nexus Effects | Is the effect on those who manage to overcome the Nexus' influence temporary like the negative effects are? Do they fade after so much time away from the scar? Is it a small boost to the character?
History | By "Stennax", do you mean the Stenax species or does this refer to something else?

Feel free to give me a tag once edits are complete or if you have any questions/concerns!

Resurgent Dispatch

R
Resurgent Dispatch, morning! I apologize for the long wait on this one, did a lot of running around. However, I just have a few things that need to be fixed/clarified before I approve this one.

Links | The fourth link isn't updated. I've found the thread you were looking for and llinked it here.
Nexus Effects | Is the effect on those who manage to overcome the Nexus' influence temporary like the negative effects are? Do they fade after so much time away from the scar? Is it a small boost to the character?
History | By "Stennax", do you mean the Stenax species or does this refer to something else?

Feel free to give me a tag once edits are complete or if you have any questions/concerns!

1. Thank you! I'm not sure what happened to the link I intended. I appreciate that!

2. I have expounded on that point, hopefully clarifying!

3. Yes, that is my spelling error. Should be the Stenax species as you've linked, I have linked in text and links to that now.

Let me know if there's other things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom