Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Saddle of Royality

Mara Roberts

M
Thread Closed

___
The Planet of Naboo
Theed Proper
The Vineyard of Le Mont Tess

It was as splendid as a painting. The green grass by the side of white stone road. The yellow fields beyond the robust red trees. The black iron lights that spired amongst the golden sunny day. It was warm weather in paradise. And Post couldn't have been happier.

"...You look lost, Master Post. Penny for your thoughts."

Her words sang like golden honey. Her voice were as gentle as a floating feather. She was the Lady of the Manor. Duchess Sarah Count LeFey. And in her side-saddle posture, royal gown and all, she was elegantly poised indeed.

"Oh. ...Mmm. Just thinking to myself, my lady."
"Oh? And what about? I'm curious to the mind of a Jedi Scholar. Can't you tell. Hehe."

The Duchess was a mild lady. Late twenties with an honest smile. She was a fair woman with freckled cheeks and a love of horses. Though she never rode in the clothes of a man. Preferring her parasol and an elegant hat, instead of pants and black boots.

"This place. Heh. I've never discovered it before. Theed. Naboo. ...It is a welcome sight indeed."
"Oh. To be sure. ...I'm surprised you never came sooner. To be honest. Hehe. But I'm glad you finally made the time to visit."

It was a pleasant afternoon ride. Just the two of them. Riding slowly down the white cobblestone roads of Western Monroe Province. Riding through a painting and a treasure. When the breeze began again she continued,

"You know? You ride well for a man who's never sat upon a horse? How do you do it?"
"Hmm. Oh. ...It's all in the wrist."

John was a quiet man. He smirked and smiled behind his gray beard. Never one for long conversation.

"Nonsense. I know better. ...That horse you ride. He was a wild hair until this morning. Never would have even offered him had you not asked. He's too old. Too angry. And has never let a soul ride him before. ...The fact you sit upon him now, is our finest miracle of the day. Surely you jest?"
"Heh. ...No ma'am. This horse and I. We get along just fine."

John smiled and brushed his horses side. The Force was a marvelous ally indeed. He had talked to the horse. Listened to it's voice. Knew it's troubles and it's heart. That was why he could ride him. Because they understood each other. Because John was similar to this 'wild hair'. They got along just fine indeed.

"You are a strange one Master Post. Never in all my dealings have a met a man so quiet and so sincere. It is a welcome breath from my usual guests who play at fancy and at politics."
"Mmm. ...Well. I suppose it would be."
"But come now? What of me? A lady desires your opinion Master Post? What am I, to you? Hmm?"

Post just trotted along in thought. Letting the wind ***** through his long coat tails. He took a moment to respond.

"You are a fine lady. And for that? I am very thankful man."

He smiled and bowed his head. Short and sweet.

"Goodness John. So brief in your conclusion. I'll have to train you better before you leave us. Oh no. No lady of Naboo can be so wildly entertained by so short a sentence."
"Heh. My apologies ma'am. I am, what I am."
"Oh? And exactly what is that Master Post?"
"Heh. Well. ...To start. I'm a man grateful for the company of a beautiful woman. And for every good morning in her wonderful smile."

The Duchess smiled and trotted her horse forward,

"Now. Thats better. ...We'll make a gentleman out of you yet Master Post."
"Yes ma'am. I reckon you'll try. Haha."

With a brisk jump to their pace they galloped down the lakeside and towards the rising Manor and it's stables beyond.

___

The Manor of Le Mont Tess

Dismounting her horse to a parade of servants, Sarah motioned for John to follow her inside.

"Your welcome to the house while you stay Master Post. Thank you for such a welcome ride. I expect you'll be wanting a car for your further adventures yes?"
"If it isn't too much trouble ma'am. That would be mighty fine."
"Oh. So humble now Master Post. A lady would overstep her bounds if she knew better. Hehe. ...But I'll have Riker show you the way. To the car and towards town. No doubt you'll be wanting to see the city soon."

John smiled and scratched his head. Let her talk and entertain the servants with commands. He could wait while she continued,

"Well. Thats it then. I've business to attend to back at the bakery. Your welcome to look after youself. Just mind the servants. The ladies can be quite the gossips. Do avoid the rugs dears."
"Of course ma'am. I'll do my best to behave myself."
... "See that you do Master Jedi. ...Now. Let me grab my coat and I'll be on my way. Riker! Riker dear!"
... "Yes my lady?"
... "Fetch a car for Master Post here. He wishes to explore the city. And I'd be happy to oblige him."
... "Yes my lady."
... "There you are. All set I begin, I see. Well. Do enjoy yourself while your here. Oh! ...And dinner is served at promptly five o'clock. I hope you'll be joining us?"
"Wouldn't miss it for the world ma'am."
... "Good. ...Riker! Riker?"
... "Yes my lady?"
... "Do remember to bring Master Post back to us before five. I would so hate him to miss our Miss Windipegs finest."
... "Yes my lady."
... "Oh. He's so polite. I love him. ...Well. Time for me go. Ta ta Master Post. Don't be stranger now."
"I won't ma'am. Drive safety. And the Force guide you."
... "Good heavens John. Always the priest. Hmph. Well. Goodbye. I'll see you at dinner then."
"Yes. Good travels to you too."

The party separated and Sarah disappeared into her long black car. She had business in the city and wouldn't return for some time. John planned to do the same. However, when servant Riker returned with a car? He was surprised to find that Master Post had taken his horse instead.

... "Good heavens Miss Jane!? Where is the Jedi?"
... "Oh. Well. He just left. And he took the horse with him. I think he liked riding it this afternoon."
... "What!? The Jedi is riding a horse into Theed? I say now. ...Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

___

*ooc: open

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom