Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Resurgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evard L'Rik

Got Lightning Running Through my Veins
[SIZE=14pt]The Resurgent[/SIZE]

300px-Strahl.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Image Credit: Square Enix's Final Fantasy series (through Wikia)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
To give Evard a personal ship with a link to his home planet, as well as a possible setting for an RP thread or two.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Development Thread: If needed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] KDY (Permission granted by [member='Lorelei Darke'])[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
Evard L’Rik (One Sith)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
Weapons, Engines, and Power System[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Production:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
Unique[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Material:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
Durasteel, Turadium, Transparisteel, and Electrum[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Description:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
The Resurgent was hidden by an insane Dark Lord of the One Sith before the Gulag plague erupted.[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] It was rediscovered by Evard when the Dark holocron that made him destroy his home town summoned it from the depths of the planet, wreaking even more havoc and destruction. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] It excels in staying stationary during battles and picking off smaller ships with its fast-targeting guns, while turning its quads on larger battleships to deter them from coming into closer range, while sometimes turning to keep a concentrated broadside fire. When pressed, it can open fire with its shorter-range point defense system, allowing it to cause even more damage to groups of small craft. However, it’s not very fast in realspace, relying on armor and guns to do the job of keeping the ship intact. It also excels in hit and fade battles where it can quickly drop out of hyperdrive, do whatever damage it can, and get the hell out before it gets overtaken by faster capital ships. This reliance on fast, long range jumps made it more convenient, if not actually necessary, to have an advanced navigational system.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] Unique among other ships of its size is the use of electrum on the hull for dramatic effect, and the vast modularity of most of its systems. The electrum is still there…. Because Evard likes dramatic effect and shiny things, and the modularity makes it relatively easy to repair most of the systems. This made the Resurgent[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] Evard’s most valued vessel, and he spends endless hours trying to figure out how to make his ship more efficient.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Unfortunately, Evard and his crew have not explored most of the ship, owing to the existence of some Dark presence in the bowels of the ship that causes madness in those who come too close to it. This presence ‘haunts’ much of the lower levels, including the majority of the crew quarters and larger banquet halls. It stays pretty much dormant when nobody comes within a few meters of the lower decks, but seriously damages the minds of people who come to close to it, on rare occasions even permanently incapacitating somebody. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]All in all, the ship serves several functions for Evard and his crew: palace, home, weapon, and sanctuary. It is unknown what exactly the dark presence in the ship is, but Evard sure as hell plans to find out…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Classification:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
Assault[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Role:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
Heavy Frigate[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Height:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
60 meters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Width:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
120 meters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Length:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
360 meters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=14pt]Hyperdrive Rating:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Minimum Crew:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
20[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Optimal Crew:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
250[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Armaments:[/SIZE]
Quad Turbolaser (x16)
Point Defense Guns (x10)
[SIZE=14pt]Hangar:[/SIZE]
8 Gunships, 3 heavy dropships, 1 shuttle
[SIZE=14pt]Non-Combative Attachments:[/SIZE]
Redundant Shield arrays
Standard Escape Pods
Standard Tractor beams (x3)
Heavy armor plating
Advanced Life Support
Advanced Navigational array
Standard Sensor array
Advanced Targeting system
Encryption network
Holonet Transceiver
[SIZE=14pt]Passenger Capacity:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 50
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Cargo Capacity:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 3000 kg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Consumables:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 
A year[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Sublight Speed and Maneuverability:[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] 6, but turning speed is 5, because of large number of maneuvering jets[/SIZE]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Evard L'Rik"]

Mkay, here's the deal. Before I get into the meat and potatoes of this submission, the biggest issue here I need to address is this:

Evard L'Rik said:
Manufacturer: 
Revan (Through the Foundry)

Unless it is canon to the SW Universe, meaning unless this exact ship is listed in wookieepedia with links, references, etc. available to confirm it exists, you're gonna have to find another manufacturer. We had a similar issue with someone subbing Darth Malach's armor or whatnot and told him the same thing. Besides, if this was made by Revan in SW Canon, you wouldn't need a submission.

So, before we go any further on this submission, I'm requiring you to not only find a different manufacturer for your frigate, and there are plenty companies out there, but also to remove the references to Revan and the like from the submission.

When you're done and ready to continue, @ me and we'll move along.

Evard L'Rik

[member='Popo']

I switched it to Republic Sienar systems. That was the only reference to Revan. What else did I do wrong?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Evard L'Rik"]

Seinar Systems is owned by a writer on this board, as is the parent company Santhe. Santhe is owned by [member="Sasha Santhe"] and Seinar is owned by [member="Jared Ovmar"], so you'll want to ask them first. Without their approval, you can't use that company.

As for the rest of the ship, there's a lot.

Your description states that this is a ship dating back to the Cold War, meaning this ship is technically dating back into SW Canon, which it really... can't. Furthermore, when you say he destroyed his home, do you mean he blew up his house or destroyed a planet? That'll need clarification 'cause I know that most Sith Lords can't even do that without some serious help. Also, if there's a ghost causing madness to those who come close to it, how is it that your crew is even cognitive enough to know they're on a ship, much less operate anything on board the ship? Especially since it likes to hide in the majority of the crew compartments and such.

Next, your hyperdrive is... a bit much. With a dev thread, sure. I can see a .75 hyperdrive with a substantial development thread. The class 2 backup is a bit much, though, regardless of the dev thread. Most ships only carry a backup around capital ship levels, roughly just below star destroyer sizes. At least, as far as I've seen. You can either drop the hyperdrive to 1.0 and drop the backup to a slower speed (they're not supposed to be the main and therefore are much slower) OR you can writer a development thread of substantial length and content (At least ten good quality posts) to keep the .75, but you'll still need to slow down the backup hyperdrive.

This:

Evard L'Rik said:
Quad Turbolaser (x18)
Fast-Mounted Cannons (x10)
Point Defense Guns (x14)

Is really confusing. I'm assuming you mean there are 18 quad turbolasers, etc. With that gun math you're looking at 82 guns total. Quads carry a x4 modifier, which means your 18 quad guns are equivalent to 72 regular guns. Add the ten cannons, which I'm assuming are mass drivers/railguns, and you're at 82. You also have 14 defensive guns.

Breaking it down, Assault Frigates have 45 guns, 20 warhead launchers, and 7 point defense. You can swap the launchers to guns at a 2:1 ratio of guns per launcher (meaning two guns equals one launcher) and get two guns for every launcher you swap. However, because you take a 50% penalty for swapping 50%+ of one type of gun to another, you only get the 20 guns. So, you now have 65 guns total you can field. You have 82 guns, which means you're 17 guns over the limit. You're also 6 guns over the Point Defense total. You'll need to bring that down to the Starship Guide.

Your non-combat systems have some issues that I can see. Advanced/Heavy/Assault shielding arrays I can see as this is an assault frigate. Redundant shielding I've also seen. Redundant, Advanced shielding I haven't seen that I know of, and if I have, it was on a dev threaded event ship. This will need to be either a redundant, standard shield or an Advanced/Heavy/Assault shield instead. If you want to do a dev thread for the redundant, advanced shield, feel free. With a thread of substantial length and quality, you can keep it there.

Moving on to other systems:

Evard L'Rik said:
Advanced Life Support Advanced Navigational array Slightly above-par Sensor array Advanced Targeting system
Why would you need advanced life support? Not saying it has to go, but if the standard works well, why worry about making it the deluxe model? Advanced navigational array I can understand, but what's your reasoning on it being on an assault frigate? Slightly-above-par Sensor array is like saying your blue Prius has slightly-above-par gas mileage compared to other blue Priuses. Just keep that one standard as most assault frigates don't normally have advanced sensors. Those are usually found on support ships. Lastly, the Advanced Targeting system... yeah, no issues there. Those are pretty normal on assault ships.

Lastly, your speed is... off. Assault frigates have a speed of 6, not 7. I can understand you wanting to trade off speed for guns, but even with heavy shields and armor, with a speed of 7 Light Star Destroyers are going to keep pace with you and heavy cruisers will outrun you and hurt you and kill you. If you really want a speed 7 frigate, be my guest, but I guarantee you that you're gonna be about as slow as a ship around 4x your size or larger which carries far, far more guns and armor than you will.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Evard L'Rik"]
I'll be on to judge this submission late tonight. I work 12-15 hour shifts and haven't had downtime to review it yet. I should be home around 23:00-01:00.

Evard L'Rik

[member="Popo"]

Yeah, sorry... Just realized that I had to re-tag in a new post, cos editing the old one wouldn't show up for ya.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Evard L'Rik"]
You're fine, it happens. Just try not to bump threads is all. Anyways, just two things:

Your gun count is still a wee bit over. You've got those ten fast-mounted laser cannons and your capital guns are almost maxed out (by swapping your warhead launchers over) at 64 out of 65. Also, your point defense guns are still over by... I think four. I apologize if I messed up my math before. I can't honestly remember the original number. Assault Frigates only get 8 defensive guns as they're supposed to target starfighter sized craft. Also, just caught this:

Evard L'Rik said:
It excels in staying stationary during battles and picking off fighters with its fast-targeting guns,
Fast mounted guns only target ships up to Speed 4. To clarify, this means they can more easily target ships of that speed category or around that speed category, but nothing at speeds 1, 2, and/or 3. This is to allow more accurate defense against boarding ships and such while preventing folks from using capital weapons as anti-starfighter weapons, which is what point defense is for. You could drop a quad turbolaser or two and swap those guns over to the point defense and cut the ten fast mounted lasers which would get the effect you want.

Anyways, @ me when done and we'll continue.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Evard L'Rik"]
Almost there. Just gotta tweak a bit.

You're at 17 quad turbolasers, 11 fast mount laser cannons, and 8 Point Defense guns.

Your quad turbolasers are over by 3 points. 17 quad turbolasers equals 68 gun points out of 65. If you drop it down to 16 Quad Turbolasers, you're at 64 guns total. You can swing that one unused gun point over to Defensive guns to get 10 Point Defense (1 capital gun = 2 defensive guns)

I double checked the laser cannons and they're actually not capital ship weapons. They're sub capital/starfighter weapons, so they're not supposed to be on the ship anyways. Go ahead and remove them, please.

Your point defense is fine at 8 at this time. If you shift the one capital gun over, it'll be at 10.

In essence, with this layout, you'll be at this armament:

16x Quad Turbolasers
10x Point Defense Turrets/Guns

This will cause you to need to rewrite a section or two of the description, but overall, you should be good.

Evard L'Rik

[member="Popo"]

Wait, but what about the 11 guns I used to make fast-mounts?

Edited.. Moved my fast-target ones over to quads. Please tell me if I have guns still left.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Evard L'Rik"]

Popo said:
I double checked the laser cannons and they're actually not capital ship weapons. They're sub capital/starfighter weapons, so they're not supposed to be on the ship anyways. Go ahead and remove them, please.
You they were sending you over the maximum gun count and laser cannons are starfighter weapons. With those gone, dropping one quad turbolaser, and swapping the single, empty capital gun point to defensive guns, you get 16 quad turbolasers and 10 Point Defense guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom