Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Ravager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
XuSSxwi.jpg
The Ravager

OOC Info
Image Source: Epic games, gears of war
Intent: To create a phrik shotgun line for the closed market
Development Thread: X

Ravager General Info
Manufacturer: Reclaimer Arms & Industrial
Model: NA
Affiliation: closed market
Modularity: None
Production: Limited
Material: Phrik, Durasteel, wood grips
Classification: sawed off shotgun
Size: handheld
Length: 488 mm
Weight: 3.7 kg
Ammunition type: 12 gauge shells
Ammunition capacity: 2 shells
Effective Range: 30 meters
Rate of fire: as fast as you can pull the hammer back and pull the trigger.
Special Features:
•Lightsaber resistant
•Bayonet

Ravager Description
Description: With a need to flush out the phrik product line there was a need to create a weapon that would be efficient in both battling force users and traditional personnel. So hitting the R&D department the choice was made to go with a shortened shotgun with blades running beneath it to aid when facing a foe wielding a saber.

How it's built. It all starts with Durasteel, one of the few metals capable of holding the kick that this weapon gives. The barrels are crafted from Durasteel then coated in phrik, this allows them to be lightsaber resistant and help the weapon maintain its structural integrity when being fired. The second component are the six inch blades running beneath the barrels, these are standard phrik blades and are bolted to the barrel to make them nice and sturdy. The rest of the shotgun is simple, two hammers that you pull back and pull the triggers to send forward and strike the shells. Overall the design is meant to be super simple and easy.

Power. As far as twelve gauge shotguns go at close range this weapon is going to pierce most light to medium armors, however heavy armors you might find trouble with using your average buck shot. if you are looking to pierce heavier personal armor systems it's recommend to use solid slug ammunition. This will either tear through most armors and devastate enemies. Even if a shot fails to pierce a direct hit with either a buckshot and more effectively a solid slug can still cause injury or death via internal bleeding, broken/crushed necks, brain trauma from head shots, or collapsed/pierced lungs from a rib cage breaking. Death or injury is not guaranteed nor will it be due to the various circumstances this weapon can be used in.

But another great feature on this gem is its duel bayonets system. This is meant to run through and stab most light to medium armors, but heavy armors will hold up against the blades and that's not what makes them great. You can trap a saber between the two blades and wrench the saber or blade to potentially disarm your opponent then shoot/stab them. But also being so simple to use its going to hold up and fire in any environment and situation, it's tough and will perform great.

Drawbacks. You got two shots, that's it. One trigger for each round, pull the hammers back and fire, this process isn't as easy as just loading and shooting so it's going to take a few seconds to fire depending on how fast you are. Reload times are slow as well, opening the weapon the shells will eject themselves but you then have to load the shells individually close the breach then pull the hammers back to fire again. But its biggest flaw is its kick, since it's a twelve gauge with a pistol grip you're going to feel the kick. So if you're not an experienced gun user it's possible if you don't control the weapon correctly the recoil can cause the blades to kick up and cut yourself. So please don't sue if that happens, you knew the risks dang it.

Summary. A shotgun meant to do battle and destroy those in front of you, it's lightsaber resistant, effective, and all around will make you feel like a man.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Miss Blonde said:

Power. As far as twelve gauge shotguns go at close range this weapon is going to pierce most light to medium armors, however heavy armors that are non restricted materials might be harder. Your standard buck shot might not be enough, if you are looking to pierce Durasteel it's recommend to use solid slug ammunition. This will tear through most armors and devastate enemies. However more ballistic resistant metals such as beskar and ultrachrome will hold up to the shotgun, but a direct hit with a buckshot or a slug can still cause death via internal bleeding, broken/crushed necks, brain trauma from head shots, or collapsed/pierced lungs from a rib cage breaking. However death is not guaranteed nor will it be as instant as one would like.

But another great feature on this gem is its duel bayonets system. This is meant to run through and stab most light to medium armors, heavy armors will hold up against the blades but that's not what makes them great.
A 12 gauge shotgun is understandably a powerful close-quarters weapon, and bayonets can certainly be nasty weapons.

However, I'd like to see the specific references to damage to specific armor materials removed. There's a lot of factors in this that can make these determined performance outcomes problematic, especially when it comes to user submitted armor.

From a hypothetical physics example, what if it's light phrik armor backed by ballistics shielding material or something like tekonite? From a roleplaying example, what if the shot hits it an odd angle?

From an OOC perspective, I don't want to see a description in this submission or any other to be used to badger people into pre-determined outcomes.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Gir Quee"]

I've had judges tell me to be specific about what the weapon can and can't do to keep people from abusing the vagueness of it. That's why I wrote it that way, I can link past submissions if you like but if that's what you want I can certainly accommodate

Miss Blonde said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

I've had judges tell me to be specific about what the weapon can and can't do to keep people from abusing the vagueness of it. That's why I wrote it that way, I can link past submissions if you like but if that's what you want I can certainly accommodate
I think that there is a certain balance of detail that's needed in a description.

Make it too vague, and people will either say it's not powerful enough or its too powerful. Make something too specific, and it starts to have gameplay mechanic or situational issues.

Would I'd suggest is referencing its power against generic armors (example "durasteel slugs are effective at penetrating many personal heavy armors"). I'd use broad generalization about its effectiveness against general classes of armor and armor types rather than mentioning specific materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom