Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Puzzle Chronicles

Falleen

"I am a long way from where I was." She looked around any moment now she expected to be consumed by something. She looked out at the plains and beyond to the mountains. All of her research about an obscure reference to a treasure lost by visiting dignitaries on Falleen had driven her here. Her mind at times still like scrambled eggs she was able to retain more and more as the days passed.

Even growing more sure of herself and what she was, even now she could feel her strength returning feel her connection to the living force.

As she looked around she wondered why would anyone come here, its isolated. That's why they come, it's isolated. There's a small tap on her shoulder she looks back to see Garon Mar, "I got you here you did you part I've done mine. I'm leaving." Serena nodded, "yes thank you." That was the problem of not having a ship of her own relying on someone else for a ride. Now she was stranded until she made a friend and a deal to get back, or to the next stop. Whatever filled her needs.

She stopped however to send a brief note to Seydon, she was sending them to the Hive hoping they were being sent on.

[member="Seydon"] - Made it to Falleen today on the trail of something that's tickling my brain. Serena didn't say a whole lot right now it just felt good to send a message to someone who was a friend. Hope things are serene there. If I find something good maybe some ancient graffiti I'll let you know." She smiled she was probably the only interested in things like that.

Anyhow. Serena looked around she needed some supplies and someone to go with her. It was best not to go alone just in case something went wrong. So where do you go to find help in a place you don't know anyone...the cantina.

Cantina's all looked the same to her dark, not well lit, a bit smelly but she had to admit there was always someone there who would help. Serena didn't look like much lately her clothes were a bit worn but comfortable she looked more like vagabond than researcher. So when she stepped into the cantina no one really paid attention.

[member="Kyra Sol"]

She'd had quite the time of it lately.

Saying farewell to Connor had been nothing short of agony, though she hadn't allowed it to properly hit her until long after he was gone from Bakura. From there she had crashlanded on some backwater world with fearsome storms that kept her ground for... She forgot how long. The company had been pleasant, at least, enough to take her mind off her wayward friend. From there came the Pirate incident, locked in a cell for days on end with little water or contact. Not her proudest moments. Then to Shaddaa, where Kyne unearthed a stowaway... Then to Tatooine, to sell a speeder and save a life.

And now she was... Wherever this was. Another stop off on her way to nowhere. She still hadn't decided where her path lay, time in the stars helped her clear her mind usually, but with all the recent distractions it had been difficult to find time. While her ship was refueling, and the droids were off collecting supplies, Kyra had found the first cantina her eyes drew her to and spent the morning drinking away her woes. Usually she was not a girl who drank, she preferred to have a clear mind, but times were tough, and they didn't appear to be getting any better.

When the cantina door opened she turned her head slowly, noticing a woman enter. Not much to say about her, though she did seem... Somewhat disgusted by the sights and smells which greeted her. Not someone who frequented establishments like this? She could not help but wonder why it was she had chosen today of all days to start.

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Serena looked around everyone looked and turned away she nodded to any that kept their gaze upon her. It was an awkward feeling. She willed her feet to move as she approached the bar. An older man his face looked like leather from years under the sun, his hands were like giant paws resting on the bar but he had the bluest of blue eyes Serena smiled.

"Hello, glass of whiskey" She took a chit out. Who wouldn't like a bit of whiskey now and then. Well she looked around when she turned a young man a bit younger than herself, "You lost?"

"No, I'm looking for some help. I need a couple of speeders, and someone good with weapon, who can help on an a small, very small expedition into the mountains." Serena reached for her glass which he just been loudly set on the bar, "know anyone?" She looked around, "anyone else know anyone?" She swallowed quickly liquid courage, she felt better.

She'd be ecstatic once she was on her way.

[member="Kyra Sol"]

The bar silenced for a moment at the woman's outburst, eyes darting her way shrewdly. Most didn't care for helping others, but expeditions meant credits, because those running them usually had more money than sense. She was such a small woman too, how easy it would be to wait for her to leave the establishment then jump her, take what she had on her.

Most looked away after their initial pondering. Some ogled.

Kyra, for her part, simply sighed. She leaned back in her seat once again and finished off what last dregs remained in her cup. The right thing to do would be snatch up this woman before any of the low lives could, and help her on her way. She turned her gaze over those still staring at the helpless woman, and frowned. No way she could take them all if they tried anything. She figured they wouldn't try anything, though.

Finally, after at least a solid minute, she rose from her seat and stepped over the small table before it.

"I'll help you, I guess" she said, pulling her jacket back on. "Don't want this rabble protecting you, most are drunk as a shrill."

Okay, so maybe Kyra wanted a little bit of meaningless adventure too. Something a little less high stakes than her recent ventures. A trip to the mountains? That was easy.

"Don't got any speeders" she confessed, with a small shrug, "Do have a ship, though."

[member="Serena Bouie"]

Serena knew that she should not just go in announcing what she was here for lately though as she was adjusting her life it didn't seem to be as important. There was risk yes but she had never been one to look away when risk was involved.

She looked at the woman before her she seemed uncertain, Serena's empathy skills were getting better again not over whelming but better. She smiled, "considering shrill are already dangerous and predatory does being drunk make them more so. or does it take away their edge since their skills are diminished by the alcohol?" She nodded not really expecting the answer yet but perhaps.

"A ship is ok but some of the areas we need to go into will require something more agile, and small. I have to purchase some rappling gear before hand too. Can you rapple?" Serena really needed to give the woman a chance to answer,

"OH I forgot...how much do you require for your services." She looked around some of the other patrons were leaning towards them trying to pick up on their words, "perhaps something more private would be in order."

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom