Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Pilgrimage

Space travel always made Quill uneasy - it’s not that he was inept or didn’t enjoy the quietness of space, but for some reason and maybe, heck - it was the lack of oxygen outside, it made his hairs stand on end... he was ready for solid ground, trees and blue skies.

He stepped out of his compartment room, having had just changed into his clothing. He wore his usual boots, his black hakama pants and black long sleeved shirt, heck - over half his wardrobe consisted of these items in the event he had to phase on the fly and ruined his clothes. As he walked through the last door, Quill grabbed his lightsaber, gifted to him from his mother - attached it to his hip and then grabbed his sword, this a family possession, the katana known as Daku Kurou. As Quill reached for it though, he paused. He was meeting someone; someone whom through countless questioning and correspondence to people led him to this man... Cotan Sar’andor. He released the grip on the hilt of katana and reminded himself this was not some battle exercise that he had become accustomed too while living under Kaine’s roof... and being such a meeting, Quill did not want to seem armed to the teeth.

‘Ping ———- Ping ———— ‘

The computer rang though ship, he was here - he had arrived at Ceto, home to an abandoned Je’daii temple that Cotan had suggested they could meet and discuss Quills request of learning the ways and what it means to be Je’daii... something his mother had never fully gotten to do, but did her best to instruct Quill as a youngling and bring him up in the way of Balance. He approached the controls as the Shuttle hovered in orbit. He sat down, immediately reaching for a switch as he began to speak.

:: “ This is Quill Kaohal - I am requesting permission to land outside of the city, at the abandoned temple. “ ::

Having sent request to orbital control from the city on the ground he proceeded his descent into orbit - his mind racing. What was this Cotan like? He came highly recommended by those in the order he had sought out, and with so many Jedi and Force Users that could have been selected, his heart and mind raced knowing Ashla had led him here for this moment, this meeting.

The ship landed, engines powering down and the ramp lowering as Quill walked towards the ramp door. His hand came out as he grabbed his White Petticoat and adorned it, only now adorned with his newly forged Mandalorian flair - which had been a token from Kaine. Adorned with Beskar shoulder mounts, elbow protection, and forearm plates Quill only smiled as he spoke these words outloud.
“ Vor entye Kaine. “ Quill had spent some time with Kaine, and truly came to revere the man as a father - one whom he would bring honor too.

Walking off the ship and inhaling deeply - Quill pressed a button on a small device, a homing beacon for Caton to locate Quill. He leaned against the ship and looked off in the distance... the wind blowing his hair just slightly... how much time would he have till this man arrived - the answer he did not have.

Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor

Last edited:
Cut one, meet parry one. Cut two, meet parry two, quick moulinet into a riposte at four, gain the initiative...

Cotan paused for a moment in the empty courtyard of the temple, wiping sweat off his brow. Blitzing through sequences and forms was all well and good for practice, but wouldn't do him too well if he was a dripping mess when the person he was supposed to meet showed up. He sheathed his sword, leaning it up against a wall. Given that the place was entirely empty, he wasn't worried about it disappearing on him.

What he needed to do was head over to the refresher and quickly wash —

That's probably his ship, isn't it?

The vessel that broke his train of thought quickly landed nearby, confirming his suspicions. Not long afterwards, after he started walking in the direction that the ship had landed, his datapad started blinking, telling him that the visitor had activated a homing beacon. Cotan stepped out into view, leaning against a wall while Quill looked off in the distance somewhere else.

"Just going to stand there beeping all day, or are you going to come inside?" he asked after a moment, gesturing back at the temple. "Place is empty. I might be the closest thing it has to a steward, but you don't need my permission to enter."

Quill Kaohal Quill Kaohal

Twitch, twitch ~

Lost in the tranquility and beauty of Ceto Quill was brought to an imediate abrupt halt as he picked up an a... rather pungent odor, someone was approaching. As the man came out from the brush, the features of the man, along with his general age markers, Quill assumed that this must be Cotan, his contact. He adjusted his lax posture, stood upright and began to bow out of respect as he spoke to greet the man. “Hello, my name is Quill, thank yo-....” Cut off as the man spoke with tact, and a general to the point way, which caught Quill slightly off guard.

"Just going to stand there beeping all day, or are you going to come inside?" he asked after a moment, gesturing back at the temple. "Place is empty. I might be the closest thing it has to a steward, but you don't need my permission to enter."

Quill, rather blank as far as his facial expression at this point stood up and let out a small chuckle, walking toward the temple and along besides the man. He spoke. “ My name is Quill Kaohal, obviously I’m going to safely assume you must be Cotan... I must admit, I’m rather thankful for your response to my correspondence, and for this meeting to discuss my case... “ He spoke in a sincere tone. It’s true that Quill had never been apart of an official order, but his mother had been strict in teaching him basics; about the force, combat preparedness, and other necessary things for a fledgling to be taken on one day by another. His gaze became soft as he thought on these things, the loss of his mother still fresh in his eyes, looming in the back of his emotions, pushing, but he would not allow it to cause unbalance or unrest; not again. It was apart of life to loose, but also to gain. He was hopeful, confidently expectant in how a relationship might form with Cotan. “ So, If you don’t mind my asking, sir.... what did you think of my request?” To the point, but referring to his request of being trained as one knowledgeable of the Je’daii ways.

Not for the first time lately, Cotan had to wonder what was up with his constantly running into seeming-kids who spoke like grown adults. It didn't surprise him too terribly much, as there were multiple species throughout the galaxy that aged more slowly than the average; still, it was always a bit weird every time he had to consider it. Chances were high that this kid in front of him could be more than twice his age.

"Truth be told, it depends on how much you already know," he said with a shrug. "If you already know the basics in and out, there's not much more that I'll really be doing but handing some resources off to you and letting you find your own way around. Je'daii training wasn't nearly as dependent on the Master-Apprentice relationship as anything that came later, I've noticed." He pushed open the door to the temple's main building, ushering Quill inside.

Thankfully, the lighting in the place still worked, despite having gone unused for the past year or two. "So, my first question then would be just what do you know, regarding the Force and all its various aspects?" he asked, glancing over Quill again. "I'm assuming you already know how to fight, judging by the bit of armour, and..."

He stopped mid-sentence, peering more closely at the plates that Quill had. Some of them were Beskar, but not entirely unadorned Beskar.

"Are those Clan Australis markings?"

Quill Kaohal Quill Kaohal

Quill listened to Cotan, thanking him as he opened the doors to the temple and young Gurlanin quickly moved in as he once again allowed Cotan to take the lead.

What Quill knew of the force? What had he been taught? These where questions that even Quill himself had wondered. But as he began to dwell on lessons past, his mother’s face came to the forefront of his memory - a soft smile creeping on his face. As they came to a stop, he removed his jacket, putting it gently down to the side as he heard Cotans last remark about the few bits of beskar on his jacket - with none the less, Kaines marking. His grin grew to now a more teenager like softness as he chuckled softly, his face slightly blushed as he answered.

“Yeah, it’s Kaines marking alright. I’ve been adopted as one of his sons, done so by the the Gai bal manda - he did so after the death of my mother. I - I had no one else to turn to, except him because of the honor debt that had been owed, Kaine chose to honor it, for her.” His jawline clinched slightly, his eyes narrowing slightly and his body becoming slightly rigid as he spoke of his mother’s death - darkness threatening once again to over take his emotions. He took a deep breath as he sat down, and released it, and again - and as the moment passed he looked to Cotan apologetically. “ I feel I must apologize, it’s been several years since my mother’s death - but for me it feels as if only days have passed and at times it’s still fresh.” He paused, and then looked up, with now slightly more relaxed features. “You asked what I know of the force?”

Quill at that point began to regurgitate what he had been taught by his mother. He spoke of Ashla, the light. He spoke of Bogan, the dark. Then he spoke of Bendu - the balance that was necessary. He spoke of how his mother told him that light and darkness where both necessary to life and both had to be embraced, which was why balance was so necessary. He told Cotan of his combat capabilities, informing him of what few force abilities he knew, but tried to practice whenever able, improving in what he knew, but also seeking to learn new ones - which proved to be extremely difficult without someone to lead him. He then spoke of his time with Kaine and more practical means of fighting which involved a more physical hand to hand side, which he spoke he enjoyed immensely. He then referred back to times under tutelage of his mother, Valera who showed him basic forms sword fighting and lightsaber combat. After a in depth conversation to show Cotan what he knew, he paused and then spoke, a curious tone in his voice.

“ Cotan, I’m curios about one thing - my mother spoke of something she had hoped one day for me to learn, something in all her years of life she never got to do or learn. What is the Tho Yor?”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom