Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Perks of Owning an RM Planet!

With the arrival of Missions and the opening of most materials to be created at unique as Technology, there's been a loss in value for planets featuring Restricted Materials. There's not much to motivate a faction to choose an RM world over another, aside from whatever stories they can concoct. Frankly, part of me misses the old days where a restricted planet had intrinsic value. They were contested and raced over; and it's an aspect that has been missing on Chaos as of late.

That's not to say that I'm ungrateful for the changes. Lord knows I love being able to submit beskar'gam no questions asked.

What I'm chasing is that feeling of "heck yes we're sitting on gold" whenever the map update hits and the sweet spot planet is added to the cloud. So, I've a wrench to suggest that'll revive the chase:

When a faction possesses a planet containing a Restricted Material within its cloud, that faction can create items using said material at Semi-Unique (Technology only) or Unique (Vehicles & Starships).

This will reward factions for having restricted materials within their cloud, but not to the point where it's game-breaking. Ideally it rewards factions like the Mandalorians with unique, beskar-plated Basilisk War Droids and the like. And, it's not something that can be abused as any submission would still need to go through the tried and true approval process. Someone trying to slide in an impregnable beskar-plated supertank would get the same side eyes as if they did the 5 to 10 posts to get submit it under the current ruleset.

So, what do you guys think?

Edit: Forgot to tag the Queen and the Factory Admin
[member="Nadja Keto"], [member="Jamie Pyne"]

When a faction possesses a planet containing a Restricted Material within its cloud, that faction can create items using said material at Semi-Unique (Technology only) or Unique (Vehicles & Starships).

Not Far from the T6 Benefits.

Companies and/or Workshops at Tier 6 may utilize materials from the list below in Technology, Vehicle Creation, and Starships as long as the item that is being submitted is labeled as Unique. One material from the list below, chosen by a company or workshop ( upon reaching Tier 6 may submit Technology, Starships, and Vehicles using that material at Semi-Unique.
Since there is already a frame work that could be used as a basis, (granted toned down some). What's worst case scenario, Staff tries it and removes it if the system gets heavily abused.

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Nadja Keto"]

What if the Major Faction could create a starship of certain size with the RM? Or a special device that could be installed on a few ships? If I recall correctly there were a few ships in canon that used such rare materials in some special starships, some Galactic Empire ones if my memory serves me right.

[member="Ferron Troste"]

As of now, any player or faction can do that.

Any player can write a thread and obtain a restricted material and then use said material to make a ship of varying size. Alternatively they can submit a device using that material for later use. In both cases, these items are subject to the scrutiny of the factory and any potential abuses are met with a denial.

In the case of this idea, the only real change is removing the necessity of a thread before submitting a unique vessel or semi-unique piece of technology. The same judging process will occur, the same emphasis on balance will occur.

Hope that helps

[member="Darth Metus"], I know this rarely happens, but for those who want to join a faction and then never really keep up with said faction, Will there be rules in place where only specific people will be able to use this within the faction at "Semi Unique" as it states, Semi-unique can be used by ANY PC.

Just food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom