Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Paths Ahead

370d9lz.png

"All my life I wasn't able to use the Force in any capacity. Until recently. So I might." She shrugged a bit, but let the matter settle. Water sounded nice, actually. And it served a double purpose. What did Devlin Dara Devlin Dara look like under his helmet? It was important for her to know the face of potential allies or rivals. And, was he truly as weak as he was making himself out as? In the back of her mind the thought passed that he might be playing her for the fool so she would underestimate him.

That was a worry. She nodded to a close by bar. "They got good sliders there. C'mon."

"All my life I wasn't able to use the Force in any capacity. Until recently. So I might."

“It doesn’t really have much to do with the force but me as a person. There are conflicting interests when it comes to the force and having a high intelligence. Have you ever though about why most tacticians are not trained in the force? When you reach a certain IQ level and training in tactics you begin to realize that emotion is a crutch that should be purged in order to make effective decisions regardless of the lives it may cost enemy and ally alike. I could easily send someone on a suicide mission for a 5% chance at improving our odds in a conflict. When it comes to effectively using the dark side you must be able to have emotions like rage and passion to be able to effectively use it. I have not really ever felt rage…or passion. So yes I could use those dark side forces but they are not as effective and if you cannot use it effectively you are better off not using it at all,” he explained as he walked with her and saw her mention the bar.

"They got good sliders there. C'mon."

“If that’s what you want,” he said following her into the bar. A place he never had visited and once again he was not entirely sure if he should even be in here. He often avoided places with food and drink so he never had to remove his helmet. Which is coincidentally why he only ever ate in the morning or when he got home at night.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

"So even though you've been treated like shit, you don't feel rage or anything? The most powerful Sith are those who know how to use their emotions without feeling their emotions. Just work on learning how you use em, right?" Easier said than done. Honestly, it was probably easier to do it the other way around. Learn how to control them after learning how to use them. But she learned the way she was suggesting. Well, sort of. She knew of every way to use the Force she could find anywhere in her desperate attempts to be able to use anything.

Seemed like such a long time ago now. She went right into the club and slipped up to the bar, getting the sliders she mentioned and some water before glancing to Devlin Dara Devlin Dara expectantly. "You should try the food they got here. C'mon."

"So even though you've been treated like poodoo, you don't feel rage or anything? The most powerful Sith are those who know how to use their emotions without feeling their emotions. Just work on learning how you use em, right?"

“I’ve tried its hard to express and emotion if you have never felt an emotion. That is like trying to describe the color red to a blind man,” he said following her and sitting down at the bar feeling noticeably out of place here and barely able to hear her over the music and chatter of the various other people. He looked at the food she had ordered as they brought it out and his stomach growling could be heard even over the music with them sitting so close. He knew he shouldn’t if the people here at the bar saw him for who he was they would probably kick him out.

"You should try the food they got here. C'mon."

“It’s probably not a good idea. I might get thrown out…or I don’t know…disappoint the people who associate what I look like with The Sith Empire. It’s not a good thing that is hidden under hear,” he said about to order a water and realizing that was also an impossibility with his helmet. This was the reason he hated going to public places like this. He lowered his head feeling out of place and rested his head on his hand that was propped up on the counter.

“Feel free to order whatever you want though…” he said looking around at all the people and the various types of technology he had never interacted with before. His stomach growled again this time enough that he had to bring his hand up to his stomach to keep it from cramping.

370d9lz.png

"By the Sithari themselves could you stop being such a damn downer?" Alina groaned as she turned to the glass she was given. Honestly she wished it was actual booze, but ever since the change, well. She wasn't able to get drunk. Pretty bad for the party girl she was, but a force in change wasn't the worst thing that's ever happened to her. She took a long drink before reaching over to snatch Devlin Dara Devlin Dara 's wrist and forcibly drag him closer.

"Take off the damn helmet and eat something before I break it off."

"By the Sithari themselves could you stop being such a damn downer?"

“Sorry,” He said looking down at the food again as he considered whether or not he wanted to remove the helmet. On one hand he looked up at those running the place being much older than he and likely to kick him out. Then looked at the angry vampire lady that would probably kill him if he did not. He supposed if he at least did one there was an upside even if he did get thrown own. What if she thought less of him? Was that even possible? Frozen by indecision

"Take off the damn helmet and eat something before I break it off."

“Yes ma’m,” he said almost instinctually like a son being scolded by his mother in public. It was something he had never actually experienced until this moment. He took his writ back from her although with some difficulty as he sighed. He reached back and undid the latches that held the helmet in place and pulled it off and set it on the bar. He looked away from her shyly feeling embarrassed to be seen like this in public and expecting everyone to just start laughing at him like they used to. It was clear he was a lot smaller than the armor portrayed and his soft facial features could easily get him mistaken for a seventeen-year-old even though he was twenty. His face was red with embarrassment and his blood pumped quickly through his body out of nervousness. He was finding it hard to make direct eye contact with anyone as his stomach rumbled again.

“Sorry,” he apologized as he looked at the food in front of him

104929a92a79b620ccdf0d82b5663b4c.jpg

370d9lz.png

"Stop apologizing, jeeze. I said to at least pretend to be a Sith." This time she actually laughed as she turned her gaze to Devlin Dara Devlin Dara . That's the face he was worried about? She rolled her eyes a little before sliding the plate his way so he could have a burger or two. Alina watched him for a moment, humming softly to herself. Then flashed another toothy grin.

"Eat up. Stop pretending you're not hungry."

"Stop apologizing, jeeze. I said to at least pretend to be a Sith."

“Right sorry...or uh not sorry uh...understood,” He said stammering to try and act the best way he could now. His defense against a vampire was gone now as his head and neck were cleanly exposed and the rate his heart beat only made the vein on his neck stand out even more. He looked down at one of the burgers that was slid his way and quickly ate it like it had never existed in the first place and quickly the second as well. He then realized she was watching and his fac became red yet again with embarrassment this time more personal embarrassment. He cleared his throat and looked over towards the bartender who was further down the line.

“Could I get some water please,” he asked politely not sure how to turn off basic manners like he suspected she might ask of him. He grabbed the water in front of him and chugged it quickly.

“I hadn’t eaten since last night. I uh…forget sometimes,” he lied.

370d9lz.png

"Riiight. Forget. I'm sure ya do." Yeah, she wasn't buying it, but she also wasn't going to press too hard on Devlin Dara Devlin Dara . In a way, he reminded her of herself. Before the abilities manifested. Before she was strong. Her smile softened a moment before she nodded to the bartender and waved over a very different kind of drink than the water he wanted. Booze, simple and sweet.

Very sweet. Fruity kind of drink so he might at least be able to drink it.

"Alright, we're having fun tonight. Drink up! You need to relax and let loose before being a Sith consumes ya."

"Alright, we're having fun tonight. Drink up! You need to relax and let loose before being a Sith consumes ya."

Devlin looked at her as she ordered fully expecting it to be just for herself after all he had mentioned he would pay for whatever she wanted to do. He also mentioned he would tag along because he thought she could be a good ally, well that part was told to himself anyways.

“Me? Drink that?” He asked curiously looking around as he leaned in towards her.

“Am I even allowed? What if I get in trouble? I’ve also never drank before, doesn’t it make you…more stupid? It kills brain cells right?” he said barraging her with questions as he ordered more food this time in a quantity that would surprise anyone that had ever met him.

“A steak, that burger, some of those breaded cheese curds, whatever the house soup is and….Oh did you want anything else Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru ?” he asked his nose buried in the menu.

370d9lz.png

An amused smile formed as Alina watched Devlin Dara Devlin Dara order all manner of food and ask his questions. Goody two shoes indeed. He certainly needed to loosen up. Which is why she pushed the drink more towards him. "You're an adult, right? And a Sith? Seems fine to me. Drink up. It doesn't make you stupid, either." Well, so long as he didn't drink too much. She wasn't trying to make him drink a whole bunch anyway.

"So you were a shut in, right? If you haven't really drank, I imagine you haven't really done anything else. You have a girl in your life? A boy?" She leaned her elbow on the counter, resting her chin in her hand. She was all too curious about his life. More than she should be, but this was entertaining.

"You're an adult, right? And a Sith? Seems fine to me. Drink up. It doesn't make you stupid, either."

“Oh then what’s the point? Sometimes I wish I was more stupid. Knowledge is a curse,” he said anxiously waiting for his food. He couldn’t believe he was still small with how much he drank and had to exercise but his metabolism was also insane which probably wasn’t helping him at all. He wasn’t sure how to go about even drinking something like this. He popped the top of the bottle open and smelled it.

“That can’t be good for your health,” he said wondering if he was expected to drink it out of the bottle or use glasses. He didn’t see any glasses yet and looked confused as he leaned back.

"So you were a shut in, right? If you haven't really drank, I imagine you haven't really done anything else. You have a girl in your life? A boy?"

“I do other things. I repair technology, slice technology, I do side jobs that involve me repairing and/or slicing technology, I also practice battle tactics within the simulations at the academy to which I have gotten a perfect score every time. Oh you mean...no, no girl in my life. Not many women out there interested in someone like me. Plus I haven’t really seen the need for anything like that being a tactician remember, less emotions are a good thing,” he said looking at the horde of food as it arrived and he started to dig in.

“Want some?”

370d9lz.png

She watched with a smile as Devlin Dara Devlin Dara started to actually drink. Good. He really needed to loosen up. Being a Sith was going to be plenty difficult for anyone. And not trying to enjoy his time was how he'd end up a cold, bitter, horrible Sith. The kind she despised for their needless cruelty. "Really? You've got that boyish charm and a cute face. You really should try to open up a bit. You're never going to learn how to use your emotions if you keep denying them. You're a young Sith. You needn't be perfect yet."

Alina waved a hand to pass on the food. She actually wasn't hungry. Just wanted to get him to open up and live. "You should finish up, but don't eat too much. We're gonna go get you laid."

"Really? You've got that boyish charm and a cute face. You really should try to open up a bit. You're never going to learn how to use your emotions if you keep denying them. You're a young Sith. You needn't be perfect yet."

His face turned a deep red again this time actually pouring himself a drink and nearly coughing up a lung as he drank his first test of alcohol. He in no way imagined anyone would refer to him as cute let alone so boldly. He looked at his helmet as he went to put it back on.

"You should finish up, but don't eat too much. We're gonna go get you laid."

“Going to what? I am not sure what that means is that like when you drink so much you pass out?” he asked not sure if that was something he wanted to do even as he felt his face becoming hotter from the alcohol and he already had downed more than a couple shots not entirely what the effect might have.

“What am I supposed to do with all the food if I am going to pass out? How will I pay for it?” he asked now wondering how he was actually going to pay for it.

“Do you have a credit chip on you? Let me see it,” He asked never taking his with him.

370d9lz.png

Once more she found herself rolling her eyes. Just where was Devlin Dara Devlin Dara hiding in the academy to be that naïve on the subject? "Sex, you idiot. We're going to find a nice boy or girl to have sex with you." Now he was worried about money? She snickered a bit as she took out a credit chip. She had no issue paying for this meal. He'd offered to pay only because she might kill him. Fear was an excellent motivator for many things, as he'd learn soon enough.

"Don't drink too much. Can't have ya passing out drunk." She raised a hand to subtly point at the end of the counter. "Lady there's drinkin alone. Go buy her a drink and make nice."

"Sex, you idiot. We're going to find a nice boy or girl to have sex with you."

He nearly spit out the drink he was starting to get used to as he could feel his mind becoming number and could feel his body becoming warmer as the alcohol entered his bloodstream. It was an experience he wasn’t at all familiar with. The nearly spitting had caused him to choke on it instead as his throat burned from the liquid.

“What? Why? I don’t know any of these people. They would see me and think me small and unattractive. I mean you on the other hand could get anyone, I mean look at those abs,” He said almost wanting to poke them to see how firm they were. As she raised the credit chip he quickly snatched it from her grip and checked the amount as he closed his eyes.

“The Sith Empire pays you well,” he commented mentally reading the data stored on the device. He focused out with the force enough that any force user in the area could easily pick up on the extent of the aura he made that extended throughout the city connecting to individual devices, registers, computer terminals, datapads, and other credit chips and leaving a dot matrix of every device throughout the city almost readable to even her in her close proximity. Carefully he found the devices he wanted, sifting through them and the billions of lines of binary codes till he handed her the chip back to her about a minute later. Afterwards he felt a bit dizzy as he centered himself and ‘disconnected’ from these devices leaving him temporarily lethargic and almost more drunk.

“Congratulations you won a contest for a hundred thousand credits. Now I can say I paid for everything,” he said yawning a bit as a small bit of blood leaked from his nose. He quickly grabbed a napkin to wipe it away as he rubbed his temples like he was nursing a headache.

“Hmm who is drinking alone?” he asked missing most of what she had said while he was focusing on the device.

370d9lz.png

"Flattery will get you everywhere, but alas I am spoken for. Best you try that on someone else." There was a light chuckle from the woman as she paid. Though, something odd happened. She felt it, strings in many places being plucked. Strings she wasn't use to feeling be plucked. Her gaze shifted to Devlin Dara Devlin Dara , studying him. The minor bit of blood made it obvious.

He was beind the Force for something. And what was obvious when he spoke. "You sly thief. I could turn you in for that." They were Sith, but they were also in the Empire. They still had to follow some of the laws in public. Her eyes showed just how much she was joking, at least.

She raised a finger, pointing to the girl in question. "Go compliment her hair and make small talk."

"Flattery will get you everywhere, but alas I am spoken for. Best you try that on someone else."

“Oh sorry. I wasn’t meaning to come across as flirting,” He said taking another swig of alcohol as he looked towards the woman in question. Perhaps a couple years older than him with long bright red hair and green eyes. He was even more nervous now at the thought of going over there to talk with her.

"You sly thief. I could turn you in for that."

“I don’t know what you mean. I created something from nothing and simply donated it to you on perhaps of my personal business that…I just made. I’ve never really tried doing that before…imagine what I could do if I was in our enemies capitol,” I teased as you realized what I had done and forgetting about the task you had given me.

"Go compliment her hair and make small talk."

“I uh…sure. How? Uh,” I said obviously a bit tipsy and lethargic from whatever I had just done. I made my way over and complimented her hair and tried to make small talk. I offered to buy her a drink and a few moments later I walked back over and say back down next to you.

“What do you do when they are taken? I assume just walk away,” I said drinking a bit more.

370d9lz.png

She nearly burst out into laughter as Devlin Dara Devlin Dara stepped back over. He failed, or, perhaps, he was just unlucky. Probably just unlucky. Either way though, the fanged woman grinned wide as he reached out to take his arm. A not so gentle tug was to lead him outside, and he certainly wasn't about to be able to say no. She hummed lightly, dragging the drunken figure through the streets at a quick pace. Deeper into the town.

Deeper into the lower district.

The streets themselves became shadier. Dirtier. Wherever they were heading it wasn't into a good neighborhood. Still, she was all grins, glancing back to him now and then. "We'll forget that idea. How'r you feeling? Pretty good after all those drinks, right?"

Devlin tried to resist at first, caught completely off guard as he started to run with her in order to not get dragged across the ground like a hound hitched to a speeder. He wasn’t completely drunk and the sudden shift into moving faster than he never did naturally only helped to sober him up a bit as he started to sweat the poison from his blood stream. He started to realize she was dragging him through the shitty part of town. He wondered if she knew where he lived and was giving the wildest walk home ha had ever imagined possible. They were only about a block away from his garage that he called home having refused to use his powers to give himself money to afford anything better.

“We'll forget that idea. How'r you feeling? Pretty good after all those drinks, right?"

“Depends. I’m a bit nauseous from being dragged through the city but my inhibitions are definitely lowered. Why?” He asked curiously as he looked around trying to gather any clues from her sudden expedited travel across the city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom