Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Path Diverges (Republic Dominion of Onderon/Dxun)

"...And so in response to the request from Queen Adara I have instructed @[member="Flint Pherson"] to meet with her Majesty and see what terms they have in regards to joining the Republic. Furthermore, they have allowed the Jedi Council, especially @[member="Darron Wraith"] to examine the old Sith sites on the moon of Dxun. I will not be able to go myself, but these two experienced and loyal members of the Republic and their contingents will assess the situation for me. That is all."
The Chancellor finished and dismissed her ministers.

The plan was, as she outlined, to send Supreme Commander Pherson to Onderon, while the Jedi went to Dxun. They would meet with those there and based on that Onderon would join the Republic peacefully. Since Aurelia was a good deal more prudent in this case, she would be remaining on Coruscant and coordinating matters from there.

"Contact Major @[member="Davin Jusik"] and Captain @Delilah Castillon and request their battalion be attached to the mission. Tell them to be prepared for trouble," she ordered her aides. After Hapes Aurelia wanted never again to be caught in such a position again, nor have her people unprepared for danger.

Dxun

Darron couldn't help but feel a wave of dread wash over him on the drop ship as it went across the surface of the jungle moon of Dxun, he had been here once before many, many years ago. Malice, you always where the sneakiest Sith, he mused to himself. The side door on the transport was open, and the Jedi Master merely held on to the handle above as his only measure of safety to falling below to the trees below. The wind whipped his long blonde locks every direction, his blue eyes pierced the scenery before him. His mind was deep in the Force as he extended his field of responsibility as far as his senses would allow, which over the past few months had grown exponentially. He knew not why for the increase in his awareness of the Force, maybe finally being awake from being frozen for a few months has allowed my senses to expand to where they are supposed to be at this point? It was an interesting thought, and he had considered it a few times since only his mind had been awake over the two decades he had been trapped in carbonite. Maybe my body stayed young while my mind aged as it should have?

It was an interesting thought, but of little concern to the armored Jedi Master as he soon turned his focus to why he was back on this moon after many years away. He had been specifically sent as an emissary for the Jedi Order, and it was a high honor. He had been deemed fit enough to serve again, and all the differences between him and the governing body of the Jedi had been resolved. So much to the point where he had even taken the lead on a few assignments he had never imagined getting, guess I'm finally being what they always imagined I could be. His face remained as stone, yet on the inside his heart was filled with joy as he considered what it all meant. He was still there to protect his men, and engage hostiles if he had to, but he was the voice of the Order and leader of the mission to Dxun. My, my, my...things seem to definitely be looking up.

"Master Wraith, Supreme Commander Pherson will be contacting you within the next five minutes to go over mission details." Rang the pilots voice over the ships overhead comm-system. "Good, patch him through when he is first available, there isn't much time until we land at the ruins on this world. I need to make sure we are of the same mind on this particular assignment. It will be tricky, and I don't want any details to be missed." Though nothing was said in response, through the Force he could feel the pilot's agreement to his words. Guess I'm not the only one a little uneasy about this whole situation, wouldn't be a first...

Blue eyes peeked over the wing of the transport to see nearly twenty more of it's kind behind him as the rather large contingent made their way to temples, everyone one of them brimming with life. You're responsible for all of this Wraith, don't let them down. His thoughts steeled him for every variable they could encounter, he had brought quite a few of the most trusted Jedi in the order on this assignment. His own former Padawan Rosa Mazhar was on the same ship as him, as was Jaxton Ravos a newly made Knight as well. That wasn't by accident, they were two up and comers in the Order, and they were also being evaluated on this mission by Darron to see if they could handle a heavier workload in the future. Truth be told, I may have Master Teferti's eyes on me on this one as well. Mind on the mission Darron, not on the politics of the situation.

Turning to his crew on the ship, he spoke, his voice augmented by the Force. "Is everyone ready? Any questions or concerns before I make contact with Supreme Commander Pherson or before we land? Tomorrow is too late for any concerns so voice them now."

Padak was watching the world od Dxun fly past from the side of the gunship. He was glad his Master, @[member="Darron Wraith"] , was bringing him along to see the Sith ruins on the planet. Hopefully they were just that. Ruins. Padak took a small candy out of his robe and quickly ate it, hoping no one saw it. It was a little thing. He usually ate a sweet before a task, just as a little way of taking his mind off of the possible danger. Hearing his Master start speaking, both in the gunship and through the Force's help, he turned to face the interior of the gunship. After Darron finished speaking, he raised his hand.

"Master, if the ruins are Sith in origin, are we to destroy them?"

Flint Pherson

F

Temple of the Ninth Goddess
Onderon

Flint and his procession stood out on the balcony terrace of the Temple's entryway. He could overlook the entire bread basket of Onderon from here. His heavy boots standing upon the flawless polished stone of the Temple's gateway. His eyes tracing over the endless fields and arid plains of the Royal Territories. He watched the white birds flock about the hanging gardens and he smiled as the children played down by the winding rivers near the sailing boats. Yes. Being here was like going back in time. There where no neon lights; no towering skyscrapers. Just endless fields of yellow and gold.

He turned around to smile at the Angelic guardians who stood at their posts. Dark skinned men and women clad in white armor and holding golden spears. He smiled at the nobles and the missionaries who moved back and forth between the Nile's waters and the Temples emerald halls. How red and fine their crimson gowns looked to him. Pack animals feed on grass down near the land-speeders and Republic soldiers felt the heat down by the Gunships rural resting place. They didn't even have a landing pad for guests. So funny.

"Commander." A fully armed Republic Lieutenant approached, "The Fleet in orbit is requesting your channel. They say Master Wraith and the Jedi are approaching the mission rally point."

"Ah. Very good." He accepted the small phone into his armored hand. "...Put them through to me when they are ready. It's been almost a day on this planet. I'm sure they are anxious to sight-see like the rest of us."

Flint smiled and returned his attention to his men. They had been instructed to wait outside while the Queen offered her prayers to the Goddesses within. The Queen had recently lost her husband and her only son. Leaving only her and her young daughter as the last remaining line of Royalty amongst the Capital citizens. Needless to say, the Queen was still in mourning and dressed only in black. ...Strangely. So did her advisors. A group of twelve priests called 'The Shining Cloak'. When they traveled together with the Queen, Flint got the most eerie feeling he had ever had. Her masked advisors. They were like twelve etheral ghosts who just floated down the steps and across the emerald halls of the Palaces and Temples. As if their black feet never even touched the ground at all. A dark and chilling contrast to the white guardians and crimson nobles of the Court.

"Hmph." Flint shook his head and clutched his helmet closer to his ribs. He was just imagining things. Now was the time be patiently awaiting the queen. Not worrying about whether or not she surrounded herself with 12 dark sorcerers all day long. Those thoughts could wait.

"Commander?" The Lieutenant approached again, "...Admiral Daniels is requesting a report."

"Heh. Tell Admiral Daniels that she is worrying too much. Maelion is here with me, so there is nothing to worry about this time. We have the flagship in orbit with over forty frigates and twenty cruisers at her side. ...Oh no. Trust me Lieutenant. Things will go smoothly this time."

Flint brushed offer the chestplate of his Mark V armor and smiled. Waiting outside the Temple doorways with all his troopers at his side. Gunships down by the water's edge and surrounded by nothing but primitives with spears. Oh no. Nothing was going to go wrong this time. They had all the advantages.

He was almost sure of it.

Kaia L'cwa

K
The Transports Above Dxun

Kaia had chosen to come on this mission because her Master was going on the mission. That and she understood the importance of ensuring, safely so, that these people would come under the protection of the Republic. A part of her rebelled against the very notion. People should be free to be who they want, not be ruled by a galactic spanning government. At the same time she realized that as long as galactic spanning governments existed, people on worlds like Onderon would always be in danger of being conquered by the worst sorts of governments. That being the case, she understood that going on this mission was of utmost importance to ensuring the safety of the people on the world.

What she also knew, was that these temples on Dxun were of importance. She just didn't know why. The other padawan brought up an interesting point, as far as she was concerned, but at the moment she didn't have anything further to add. Instead, she focused on keeping her hand on the grip above her so that she would not end up flying out of the transport and getting separated from everyone else. That wouldn't be much fun as far as she was concerned. Her eyes watched the forest flying by below them, but she kept her ears focused on listening to the others as best she could above the whipping winds and the noise of the ship.

Onderon

Jusik felt a wave of dread as he landed with a sizable portion of the 73rd near the Supreme Commander's location. Something seemed off about this mission, like something terrible was going to happen. He marched himself and his armored soldiers to the Temple of the Ninth Goddess and approached Flint.

"Where do you need them sir?" He said as he gestured back to his contingent of infantrymen.
@[member="Flint Pherson"]

Flint Pherson

F
Temple of the Nine
@[member="Davin Jusik"]

Flint replied with a smirk as he cradled his helm,

"Form them up Major. Two lines. Your on parade duty today."

Truth was. Flint didn't need any soldiers. There wasn't going to be any fighting today. But the Joint Chief's felt that showmanship was just as important to any Dominion as firepower. So he smirked and waved them away to put on a good show for the queen. This wasn't the Imperial Remnant, so there would be no goose-stepping. But Flint couldn't let these ivory spearmen show him up. This was a power play in ever sense of the action.

And may the sexiest army win.

Rosa Gunn

R
A few feet from Darron, Rosa held on to the strap above her head, her eyes closed as she reached out in the force gauging everyone's feelings on what was coming. There a distinct unease through everyone and truth be told she couldn't blame them, but nor could she allow their own misgivings affect her calm centre. No dread washed over her, not because she was not worried in what lie ahead, but because she had faith in the man leading them.

She opened her eyes as Darron addressed them and she gave him a small smile and shake of the head before closing her eyes once more. If they could not find their own calm she would let hers wash over them. It rippled through the force around her and extended across the transport and to the others behind them. Unease made people twitchy and eager to pull the trigger, whatever she could do to prevent that she would.

Elara Hulis

E
On board a Jedi transport, Padawa Elara Hulis sat near the back. She was not on the same one as Darron, having been placed in another group on another ship. Her focus drifted toward the planet below. She wondered why the Jedi were to go to Dxun. To her knowledge, she did not know of anything the Demon Moon could offer other than feral beasts and Sith ruins.

Sensing all the chaos below, Elara tried to fathom how any civilized being could, or even would want to, live on Dxun. She did not wish to be lost in the deep jungles below - especially when she still only had a practice lightsaber.

During the ship's transit to the ultimate destination for the Jedi, Elara turned her head toward one end of the transport. She noticed a strange presence just outside moving at the same speed as the vessel. While she did not recognize it due to never being on Dxun before, others more informed about the moon's fauna would have recognized a large, full-grown drexl flying beside the ship.

Blue eyes found brown for just a moment, and Darron could feel Rosa's calm washing over everyone as she allowed her empathy to broadcast itself. If she only knew that this planet was nicknamed the Demon Moon, she might not be so calm herself. The Jedi Master glanced back to his two Padawans, and he appreciated how both of them, Kaia and Padak, had volunteered to come on this mission. He wouldn't have allowed it had they not proven themselves quite capable of handling anything, his only order had been for them to stay close and not question anything he asked of them. Seems you have surrounded yourself with quite a few people close to you on this mission Wraith, better do a good job. The voice inside his head seemed to allow his doubt to hold the floor for only a moment, the Force soon washed it all away and he was once more the man of flesh and armor holding on to the transport.

The wind whipped his hair more as he allowed himself to reach out and touch the darkness permeating from the jungles below. Whatever the Republic's interest in the planet had been, he had no idea. He knew his general orders were to survey the ruins on this world and asses their worth to the Order and the Republic, yet that sneaking suspicion of something bad waiting on the horizon wouldn't shake itself. The very histories of the Jedi Order and the Sith had been written many times here, hell even the Mandalorians called this world home. He had made sure to refresh on the history of the planet before agreeing to lead the mission, and the mountains of tomes he had had to pour over had all led to the same conclusion. The darkside was on this planet and they needed to be ready for anything.

Darron barely heard Padak's well worded question, but he answered without hesitation to his Padawan. "No, we will not actively destroy anything unless it poses a threat to our exploration or to the safety of any living beings? Am I clear? There is great power in many of the relics we should encounter, and I will not unleash some ancient Sith Lord on accident." The last bit had been intended as a joke, but there was some truth to that concern. Although, the Jedi Master wouldn't dare say that out loud.

I hope Rosa isn't reading my mind..

"Ok, patch me through to Supreme Command Pherson. Should anyone have questions, you need to just save them until we land." He heard the line of communication become active, and Darron made sure to press the communicator further to his ear so that the wind wouldn't mess with any communications. "Supreme Commander, Master Wraith here. Any other orders I need to be aware of before we make landing? Has the situation on Onderon changed or are we still cleared to land on the ruins of Dxun?"

Wrale looked down at the forest moving below them. He stood like that in his transport, for most of the trip. Perhaps they'd find something interesting in these Sith ruins. Who knew, it could be anything.

Flint Pherson

F
Temple of the Nine
@[member="Darron Wraith"]

"Sir..."
"I heard him Lieutenant." Flint took the com, "...Nothing's changed Jedi Wraith. You boys enjoy your sight-seeing. Heh. And bring us all home a souvenir or two eh? Heh. Supreme Commander out."

Flint gave a strong nod and handed the com back to the Lieutenant. No doubt the Jedi would have most of the fun this time. After all, a guided tour of ancient historical ruins sounded like a nice way to spend the afternoon on a foreign planet. Not standing out here in the savanna's heat. Ugh. Well... Unless of course there were more of the those creepy, 'Shining Cloak' priests around. Ugh. Bleh. Then it would just be a guided tour for the dark and the macabre.

Maelion materialised behind Flint. She had an unnatural ability to appear suddenly and without noise. Useful traits in an assassin....

"This is not a safe location, Commander. Enemy forces will attempt to kill you," she warned. If she had any appreciation for such things she'd realise that she was fated to be this universe's Cassandra, always prophesying, but never believed.

"You should cease this presentation and retire to a safer location," she advised. Her hand was on her blaster; she had no doubt it would turn to fighting very soon....

Flint Pherson

F
Temple of the Nine
@[member="Maelion Liates"]

Flint raised an eyebrow at Maelion's commentary,

"I got a better idea. ...How about we kill them first."

He clenched his jaw and strapped his helm into place,

"Now. You got targets for me. Or, are you a Jedi Seer now."

His HUD flashed a negative. All he saw were friendly IFFs.

Parade Route @[member="Davin Jusik"]

Delila was trying to not let her bad mood show. Her duties were that of a soldier, designed to guard and protect the proceedings going on today. In her opinion, parades were fine-so long as it was peacetime and all of the deals had been hammered out. This was utterly ridiculous.Yes, Delila understood tactics. Republic soldiers were on parade to show strength and might. A force not to be challenged. However, it was her personal opinion the show could also backfire, especially with the locals.

"Major Jusik, I hope the Commander has a better plan than showing us off today" Delila said her words low enough not to carry, only meant for her half-brother and higher-up.

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
Tall grass bent in the violent wash of a starfighter's engines as it settled on to the surface of Dxun. Recognizable as a modified, but brand new, Shrike-class Interceptor, it was one of the first off the production line. The U-shaped vessel extended landing struts and powered down the whining engines. The cockpit sprung open and a dark-eyed young man in a combat flight suit exited the U-wing. Fresh faced save for a frown, the young man's dark hair was combed neatly off to the side. He glanced around warily before jumping down from his fighter's cockpit. A blaster pistol hung from the holster on his thigh, but he carried no other visible weapon.

Seth Shorn's brown eyes fell upon the expeditionary force landing in transport shuttles nearby. It was a rather large group, considering the nature of the mission. A number of individuals exited the shuttles, Jedi among them, all part of the expeditionary force. Shorn was a.... separate entity. A sort of oversight, as it were, provided by Republic Intelligence to make sure everything was above board. Too often Jedi did things off the books without telling anybody. Somebody needed to make sure that a padawan didn't wander off somewhere, go Dark and kill a few people, then apologize and everything be alright. Jedi needed oversight. At least, that was what RIA heavy hitters said. Seth... well, Seth had always been a bit more understanding when it came to people's personal problems.

I have a pretty big one right now, after all. Hearing someone out is the least I can do. But... Jedi don't get a free pass. Nobody does. And neither do I. Seth was an empathetic individual. He truly cared about other's plights and woes, but he had developed a certain hardening toward those who could wreak wanton destruction and get a way with it. It unsettled him. If there must be violence let it have meaning.

Yes, yes.... all violence has its meaning. As will yours when you kill them all. Do not forget that, you will kill them all. Do not meddle in these Jedi affairs over much. It will divert you from your Directive. The Voice was in his head again. As it always was. Save for his dreams. In them, he was someone different. A kind, gentle man. Not like he was now. He felt... rough inside. As if someone had ripped out his soul and run sandpaper over it. Calloused. His frown deepened at the Voice's comment.

Be quiet. If I go insane from your babbling, how will that help the Directive? True, true. However my babbling has caused you to admit that you do have a Directive. A landmark, eh? Do not deny it. Soon, you will have to kill them all.

Wind ruffled Seth's dark locks, which he smooth back into place with one hand, the other near his holster. Since his... return, Seth had become a much more cautious man. Some might call it paranoid. However, one could never really put a price on safety. Save freedom. And freedom itself could often be a caged illusion. How difficult the galaxy can be. His thoughts ran sad and serious, as they often did. Unlike his brother, Mikhail, Seth was ever the sincere one. When he said something, he meant it. Whether it was a condolence... or a threat. He'd been naive once. At least, he thought. He could never really recall the man of just a few years ago. So gentle and kind and caring. Was he still the same? Or had he changed so much as to become an entirely different person? No, it was not events of war that changed him. Geneticists did more work on him than a thousand could. Shorn pulled himself out of his reverie as he came upon the expeditionary force. He glanced at the blond haired human who towered over the others. The dossier on Darron Wraith provided Seth with enough intel and photographs to recognize the man by sight.

"Jedi Master Wraith? I am Lieutenant Shorn. I'll be accompanying the expedition as an auxiliary member."

Davin reluctantly obeyed the Supreme Commander's orders and put his men into respective companies to march in full combat gear.

"Me too Captain. This parading about is unnecessary."

He spoke equally low as he marched. He was legitimatly annoyed at having his men perform such a rear guard action and he knew they would be too.

@[member="Delila Castillon"]

Flint Pherson

F
Temple of the Nine
All @[member="Maelion Liates"]

Flint watched the 73rd mount up and prep for their parade duty. And the Supreme Commander reminded himself not to bring that many troopers next time for a diplomatic away-mission. Especially since there was nothing to shoot at and no FOB to construct. He rubbed his shoulder plate and shook his helm,

"Agent Liates. From now on, how about you keep the speculation to a minimum. We are here to talk with the locals. Not explode them. They, invited us. Remember?"

He wasn't sure reason worked on the replica. But to maintain her cover as a real woman, he had to try. Not allowed to say: Bad robot. Bad.

"Hmm. Lieutenant? You seem..."
"Sorry sir. Admiral Daniels says that they have been getting conflicting reports from the Listening Posts. So thinks something is wrong with the Ondi Military."

"I don't blame her. Where been waiting out here in this rural savanna for far too long. I'm getting restless myself. I mean? How long does prayer usually take around here? The Queen invites us all the way here and then makes us wait while she communes with the Gods. ...Sheesh."

Flint folded his arms over his armored chest.

"Who else are we waiting on Lieutenant?"
"...The Senatorial congregation is running a bit late sir. We may actually receive an audience with the Queen before they arrive. With you on point."

"Great. ...Mm. And the Jedi?"
"I believe we are not waiting on any representatives from the Order at this time."

"Mm. Well until the Queen arrives we are mostly... Wait? What's happening? ...Why is he closing the gate?"

Flint spun to noticed that a Shining Cloak priest was at the entrance to the Temple. Along with a group of Jade Guardian soldiers that Flint had never noticed before. And the priest was motioning for the Temple's massive entrance-way to be closed. No. ...Not just closed. Sealed.

"Good heavens! Commander! That is a massive block of shear limestone they are dropping down over the entrance!"
"I see it! Why in Yevon would they..? ...Wait here. Liates! With me."

Flint began stomping his way over to the entrance. Extremely aware that a massive block of limestone was slowly edging it's way down over the entrance. It was like a Blast Door on a Cruiser Vessel. Nothing was going to be getting in. ...Or out. The door looked almost three meters thick.

"HEY! HEY! What is going on! HEY! Yes you damn it! ...Why is this door closing!"

Flint screamed while waving his hands. The White Guardians of Onderon seemed baffled. Clutching their golden spears to the ready and watching in terror as the great door began to close. The White Guard Sergeants seemed just as baffled by this strange turn of events. The Jade Guardians however, seemed downright hostile.

"...HEY! Someone answer me damn it!?"

The black priest removed his cloak and revealed a silver etched mask that covered his entire face. Upon it's ceremonial designs lay carved six large eyes. A symbol to a dark God. Though Flint knew no better. The Supreme Commander stopped just short of the closing door and ceased his shouting. Four White Guard Sergeants came to stand at his side and seemed completely lost as to their duties. What were they supposed to do? The Temple was sacred ground. So the Republic Commander could not enter. But even the White Guardians did not recognize the Jade Soldiers within. Who did they move to arrest? The Republic Commander or the Secret Army of the Shining Cloaks? Nobody seemed to know what was going on.

The black priest did not move and nor did he speak. He only smiled underneath his mask and allowed the massive entrance to close further still.

It was a stand off.

*ooc: in my next post the temple location gets hostile. last chance to spawn to me without violence everywhere.

"Yes sir, see you on the other side." The Jedi Master said as the communication with the Supreme Commander cut out, well that went well. He could feel the transport begin it's descent to the massive temples below. "Master Wraith, we are beginning our landing procedures, they have a landing party waiting for us." "Good, glad to see that they are keeping good decorum on this expedition. It should be a pleasant change for us compared to the hot landing zones we have been in lately." The Jedi Master let a bit of sarcasm and laughter roll with his words as he felt his balance shift as the transport began it's slow descent to the ancient structures below. Darron made sure to extend his senses a bit more, and focus heavily on the people before him. Yet there was oddly nothing there to feel as the darkness from the structures and the planet itself was blotting out everything he could feel.

It's almost as if I'm trying to find shadows in the dark..

That dark thought hung in his mind as the transport was only about twenty feet from touching the ground. "See you guys in a second," the words barely left his mouth as he managed a look back to Rosa before leaping from the transport and landing on the surface of the world. His boots barely made a sound against the ancient stone underneath him, he adjusted his robes over the light breastplate he was wearing as he made his way towards the party waiting to greet him and his forces. His robes billowed slightly as the landing thrusters made quite the breeze behind him as he approached the party by himself. It was then that he noticed a Republic soldier, intelligence if the Jedi Master had to guess by the way he carried himself and his dress. That and the brand new starfighter that appeared to be heavily modified, the more the merrier, he thought to himself.

"Jedi Master Wraith? I am Lieutenant Shorn. I'll be accompanying the expedition as an auxiliary member."

"Just call me Darron, but nice to have you accompanying us Lieutenant Shorn. I trust your trip went well, and do me a favor and keep an eye on the rooftops will you? My senses are buzzing on this planet and an extra pair of eyes unencumbered by the Force would be most appreciated."

Darron wasn't one to usually be so brief, but he made sure to keep his voice low as he spoke to the Lieutenant as the pair made their way to the delegation before them. Stopping about three meters away, the Jedi managed a bow before again extending his senses as he was being addressed by the leader of the delegation. "Greetings Jedi Master Wraith, welcome to Dxun. We are of the Shining Cloak Order, and this site you are on is of historical significance to our religion. It is where we were formed nearly 500 years ago, and it plays a part in our practices and where our beliefs stem from." The heavily robed man gestured to all the surrounding structures as if trying to impress the delegation of Jedi that was forming up behind the Master. Darron was beginning to start count life forms, and he could feel the structures were flooded with life forms.

If this goes south, we are heavily outnumbered. Good thing each of my men should be worth twenty of his, he thought to himself.

"Jedi Master, my name is Ranos Drake, and I am the leader of the Shining Cloaks on Dxun. Per our new treaty with the Republic you will be allowed to examine these sights under our supervision. So if you will, please follow us and the tour will get started." Darron nodded and began to follow the assembled group without hesitation, his face calm and emotionless as he was deep in thought. Masking his signature, he sent a telepathic message to every Jedi in his group for only them to hear as they traveled towards the massive temples. If this goes bad, follow my Orders and don't deviate. For right now though, lightsabers clipped to your belts and everyone on their best behavior.

OOC: Next post this gets dicey so make your intros now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom