Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The One in Red

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

9bfef844c7c34e9284fa919f2055f62aa0c48545_hq.jpg

They said the Force was infinite. His ability to use it, however, was not. As he came closer to Kyra, he could feel their bond through the Force renewed. How else would he have found her? The colour red?

It was a strange place. Noisy, lively, yet small groups of Sith troopers still prowled the streets. They seemed more like a reminder of who was in power than any real law enforcement.

Acaadi wasn't dressed in jedi robes. He'd been in trouble for that before, learned the lesson the embarrassing way. It wouldn't have been embarrassing to be dressed that way here. It would have been fatal.

There was an open square between the buildings. A bustle around open street market stalls. Acaadi resettled the bag on his shoulders, carrying more than he would have liked on this insane jaunt. She needed him. He could sense that plainly now. She was close.

"In red..." he muttered, looking around.

0okmLUR.png

She shouldn't be doing this. She shouldn't have led him here.

The whole point of going dark was to keep the sith off her trail so she could find Nida. Chatting with friends? Inviting them for a visit? It was crossing lines she had sworn she wouldn't. It was just...

After the news of Amani...

And the lack of progress with Nida...

She didn't feel right anymore. Her guilt fell to wayside as Acaadi's presence grew stronger. She had neglected the connection she had shared with her peers-- their force bonds the glue that had kept them together throughout all their tribulations. Those were all shattered now. Well. All except one. His energy reignited amongst the noise in the back of her mind... turning her head in an instant. A smile hit her lips, the tug of him sending her running headlong in, red coat flapping in her wake.

She collided into his front. Or maybe that was his side, it was hard to tell with the massive fuzzie blanket held in his arms. She hugged them both, breathing deep in the scents of her old room, and him.

"You made it."

Last edited:
"Of course I did," he sighed. He wished he had arms long enough to wrap all the way around her and the big blanket.

A myriad of feelings bubbled up. Acaadi had always been good at keeping them in check, but this was not a tide that could be stemmed.

Elation danced its colourful dance. Her sense of relief brought a spike of worry. Then came the nostalgic hit, the ache for simpler times. Everything had changed. Kyra had been there almost from the start, from that stupid leap of faith that had been right at the beginning of his world being turned upside down.

"Force, I missed you," he sighed heavily. Acaadi realised he might have been hiding just how much from himself.

"Yeah..." was all she said, her tone dipping.

The brisk air of the street and the draw of eyes pulled her from her reverie, a deep breath taken in as she scooped up the blanket and removed the load from his hands.

"Here, come on. Let's get off the streets." She glanced at him over the blankets, double taking as the bits of growth that had appeared over his features their time apart.

He looked older now.

Less boy, more... knight. Her lips twitched in a tentative smile. She looked purposely away, waddling with the blankets as she started to weave through the crowd and lead him towards a side street.

"...You followed at all?"

He almost protested that he had got the blankets here from the port just fine. Kyra had already set off. A force of nature wherever she was. But the tone of her messages had not sounded upbeat.

Acaadi knew that after what had happened to Nida, to Amani, that Kyra would be affected. They all had been. He just got a sense that her quest wasn't going as well as she would have hoped.

"Not unless they're really keeping their distance," he muttered back. He had taken an unmarked shuttle with civilian codes rather than a starfighter.

"Where you staying?" he asked, knowing they were going there. It was something to say as he regathered his thoughts. He was happy to see her. This strange wave of relief crashed over him, but still those feelings were churning.

"My ship," she chirped, a pep entering her step as she took another sharp turn and guided him deeper into the belly of the city. It had been weeks since she had 'skipped', each turn of their trip leaving her more dishearten and heart breaking than the last.

She hadn't even mentioned Myrkr to him yet, the incidents of that planet practically blacked out from her mind. The human psyche dealt with trauma in its own way. For Kyra, his presence was a welcome distraction. And then some.

She skipped again, shooting him a grin as she glanced back over her shoulder. Her chest felt light, full of excitement as she quickly moved them through the disintegrating streets. The lively colors and sounds from the main square were left well behind them, the dark street opening up to a crummy ship port. She jerked her chin, silently bringing him in.

She paused at the gate, watching over her shoulder for any sign of a tale... before locking the metal wall behind her and scurrying his way.

"Right here," she gestured, bring him to Sting Ray. "You gotta be quiet, okay? I didn't tell Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield you were coming." She whispered, despite being outside the ship. It was only after he agreed that she hip-checked the door open, the two left to slowly creep inside.

Acaadi Acaadi

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield

Acaasi grimaced at that. He hadn't planned on being particular quiet around ship. Why wouldn't she tell Thirdas? He thought to himself sharply.

Oh, the whole secret mission thing, he immediately remembered.

"This is..." he whispered before falling silent. He bit his lip in embarrassment, but he was also grinning.

This felt like turning the clock back. Going back to when getting caught sneaking around was the worst thing that could happen to them. It made it easier to put his worries aside and enjoy the moment.

"This is a nice ship," he conveyed directly through the Force. Acaadi wasn't looking at where he was walking all too carefully.

No sooner had the pair entered than did the trained soldier notice that there were two people entering, judging by their admittedly quiet footsteps. Not quiet enough though. He knew Kyra had gone out and would return, but she hadn't mentioned bringing another back with her.

He was in his quarters, pressed up to the wall next to his bedroom door trying to listen in on their conversation. It went quiet shortly after. At least one of the voices belonged to Kyra, but the male was an unknown.

Deciding he had to find out more, the door to his quarters slid open and he peeked out the opening to see a young mirialan man at her side. Judging by the familiar way the two interacted, he came to the conclusion that this person was a close friend of hers. Even so, she should know better than to bring another aboard.

A part of him wanted to confront Kyra, berate her for being careless. Another, prevailing part had him reconsider. He knew nothing about this young man, other than apparently having a positive effect on her. The same way Nida had had on him.

Looking around his room, he pulled out his black duffle bag from under his bed and emptied the frightening collection of weapons and ammunition it contained onto his bed. Tossing it over his shoulder, he revealed himself by calmly stepping out of his room with hands in his pockets.

"Hey, Kyra," he walked towards the pair, trying to look like he'd planned to head out anyway. "I'm gonna go grab some supplies while we're here, I'll be back by nightfall."

Stopping, he took stock of the guy she was with. He glanced over at Kyra and nodded, letting her know he trusted her on this.

"You kids enjoy yourselves," his metal hand ominously patted Acaadi on the shoulder before taking his leave, as a warning in the case he returned to find a broken heart.

She deserved to be happy too.

Kyra's peachy coloring flushed red, her lips frozen in a wash of tension as Thirdas walked out casually, giving her a nod of trust.

"Oh. My. Force." She whispered, turning back to Acaadi once they were alone. She had worn that expression once before. In her room, sitting besides him, once Caedyn had...

"You think he's going to tell my mother?" She wheezed, craning back to check that the hall was indeed cleared. Oh he knew. Acaadi was more than familiar with her particular need for privacy, her embarrassment over her personal drives the polar opposite of a normal Zeltron. She grabbed at his wrist, her grip tight as she gave him a hurried yank towards her room.

"In, in, get in." She ushered, dropping the bedding on her cot and hurriedly locking the door behind them. She huffed and puffed, leaning against the metal as their greeting was derailed by her typical stressors.

"Do you think he knows?" She asked tightly.

Last edited:
"I mean..." went Acaadi, grimacing. "...it kind of felt like he knows..."

He had gone a much darker shade of green. Her 'room mate' was probably enjoying himself a great deal right now.

"But why would he even go to your...Oh."

It dawned on him slowly. Thirdas had been with her sister. Which meant he probably knew their mother.

"He wouldn't do that. Would he?"

She's expression was distant, clearly trying to puzzle out the risks of what just went down. Her relationship with Thirdas had matured over the last weeks, their tenuous partner sometimes feeling a bit like... well. Friendship. They had each other's back out in a world where everything felt like it was out to see them fail.

Her first instinct was no. Of course he wouldn't tell.

But then came the paranoia. It was a flaw that ran deep.

"Oh he would so be toast... I'd space him. Hand him back to Nida. Feed him to sith," she muttered, pushing off the door and going to collect the things he brought from home for her. "Here." She tucked them one by one into corners, the private room spacious enough. For a freighter.

"Mr. Bumpkins, alert me to any new ship entries," she called out, talking to the ship's ai.

Last edited:
It had been a mild ribbing. One that had provoked exactly the kind of reaction Thirdas had probably been hoping for.

It was a reminder of why Kyra had to be here. Nida had stabbed Thirdas and completely fallen. For him and Kyra it had always been a worry for themselves. It was so easy to touch on your emotions when calling on the Force.

Acaadi had never thought such a drastic fall would happen so close to them.

All lines of thinking collapsed under the weight of a single phrase.

"Mr...Bump-kins?"

"My AI system," Kyra answered, as if it was obvious. "Dad set it up to handle everything for me. I'm... not the best flier yet. Haven't honestly... had the time into trying." Kyra was notoriously slack with her training, a fact which lately had started to bite her in the ass.

She snatched the take out bag from his arms, the smell of fried food already filling the small space. "Foooorce, I missed this." She plopped cross-legged on the bed, digging into a cartoon of fried noodles without further ado. "Youwantsome," she offered, holding chopsticks out for him to take.

She totally just wanted him for the food.

Last edited:
"But you named him Mr Bumkins," he confirmed.

He was actually glad there was a computer to fly. Kyra was enthusiastic with flying, she just didn't do the practise to avoid enthusiastically flying into asteroids.

Acaadi closed the door behind him it managed to sound awfully loud as the latch clicked shut. He parked himself on the bed next to Kyra.

"I've missed this too...you, not the food," he said. The black markings on his face always accentuated any expression. Now the concern was smoothed out as he grinned at her.

"I won't eat too much," he said. If they only had one night...he still wouldn't feel too bad if they spent it bloated and snoozing and reminiscing.

"What does everyone have against Mr.Bumpkins," she complained through a mouthful. She kicked off her shoes and scooted closer to him, jamming another cartoon between their legs.

"I don't care, you eat too. Better than the freeze dried rations we've been gnawing on lately. Trust me you won't like freeze dried eggs." She shoveled another mouthful in just as something furry stirred from the dark corner of the bed. Two ear tufs perked, a chirp hitting the air. Popsicles uncurled, stretching as she sniffed hungrily at the air. Ah yes. The humans brought her dinner.

She padded over blankets and limbs alike, confident and hungry.

"Carefulhe'llnabya-" Kyra warned, covering a a container.

Acaadi Acaadi

"If you're happy to shout Mr Bumpkins every time you need something then I have nothing against him whatsoever!" he replied.

Acaadi's nose crinkled up at the thought of freeze dried eggs. He loved almost everything about ships. Living off vacuum packed rations was one of those things you didn't think about when making a model of your favourite ship.

Acaadi let out a sigh of contentment as he lifted some food to his mouth. He knew how the rest of this time played out. Some good food, some reminiscing and hoping Thirdas stayed out long enough that they didn't need to be deathly quiet later. It felt good to have that simplicity.

With jedi reflexes he covered another tub with his hand. Popsicles eyed him up and decided to stick with going for Kyra. He placed a paw on top of her forearm, just to make sure she understood exactly what he wanted.

"If you're happy to shout Mr Bumpkins every time you need something then I have nothing against him whatsoever!" he replied.

"Well I am!" She laughed, the foreign sound falling easily from her lips. She was happy to eat in silence, watching Popsicles totter over and get denied Acaadi's food. How rood. Another slow grin hit her lips as Popsicles came to ply on her next, the paw on her arm undoing her defenses.

"Aw, fine. But off the bed." She tossed a chicken chunk onto the ground, a snort of amusement catching in her nose as Popsicles jumped after it. "Dad gave me her," she informed, happy to keep the topic on the lighter stuff. "He raises them, did you know? Ever since his home got blown up. He keeps the species going."

She had never spoken about her father before, always half sour over the man and the wife that had crash back into her life and pouring salt on a wound she hadn't even known existed. Something had changed in those last months before she had left for Nida. Her time with Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel in the healing ward had built a relationship all its own.

And frankly she was too short on friends now to reject it. Losing everything really put life into perspective.

"Boy it would suck if she died here with me," she mused grimly.

Acaadi frowned. The beginnings of a laugh had started to bubble up, but it had stuck in the back of his throat at her comment.

It would suck more if Kyra had died before messaging him. He could have gone for months, maybe even years without finding out.

At least if they all died out here I would start to suspect something without any replies, Acaadi thought to himself. It was a distinctly grim thought. He tried to shake it away. Couldn't keep the mood too suppressed when he knew he was getting some before the end of the evening.

Her pet was absolutely devouring the offering. Acaadi wondered how much of their food Popsicles would eat if it was left open.

"What's he like? Your father?" Acaadi asked. He had a particularly simple family life compared to Kyra.

Kyra let out a heavy breath, too busy chewing to breathe well. "He's um, he's great," she admitted, a slight blush hitting her cheeks. "You read about him in those holocrons, right? All those wars he did. You'd think he'd be all stuffy stiff, but he's actually really down to Kashyyyk. Chill, yanno? Knows a lot."

She reached over, plucking a bite from his box.

"He taught me something, wanna see?" Whether or not Acaadi did, he would be shown-- the gravity cut off on the air around them, the weight leaving their bodies. Her hair drifted up, her butt began to float away.

A grin spread across her lips, her use of the force far more fluid than anything he had seen her do before.

Acaadi grinned as he looked down at her hand as if it had betrayed him. It was all her food after all, but he was feeling playful. That was not where the grin came from. To hear her speak so warmly of her father made him feel warm inside.

Kyra hadn't been given a fair lot in life. All those trials had just given him this expectation that everything would go wrong with her father too. If she hadn't met him when she was young then it stood - in his often limited world view - that he must have done something wrong.

He yelped in surprise as he felt gravity go. It was like an unexpected peak on a roller-coaster. He flailed rather comically to go with it. He reached for Kyra, managing to grab a shin.

"Wow," he said, once he had a sense of direction again.

"Wait...how long can you do this for?" he asked, a wicked idea clearly crossing his mind. Probably not that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom