Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Republic Advertisement

770-banner-1473485286.jpg

The New Republic:
Prologue
"I'd Rather Die a Lion on my feet, than a sheep on my knees, begging for mercy."
Commander Talon, 1st New Republic Legion
In the times of war the Republic has all but fallen. Nearly destroyed by the Sith and the Raging Mandalorian Crusades many fled to safe havens, fearing the Republic could no longer protect them. Under the leadership of defecting Senators, Soldiers, Sailors and Jedi; they reorganized themselves. The survivors of the long trip realized they faced a choice. Remain with the old ways of the Republic, Bow to the might of the Alliance, or strike out to cast new foundations.
From the Ashes of the long journey they rose. Royal families pledged their funds as Statesmen reorganized and revamped a new much more free system of Government. Commanders rallied their troops and Jedi reorganized into Clans, each with their own variation of the code. The new system promises freedom and protection for all.
A sovereign state, protected by the New Republic Legions, and Jedi Clans.
A sovereign Government, where worlds are independent under a loose confederacy but all working for the greater good of the Sate as a whole.
A Robust Economy, driven not by conquest but by diplomacy, trade and humanitarian works.
A New Republic.
A new light in the Galaxy....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Military Makeup:
The Military is as of now wide open. Folks can come in and claim whatever they like right now. Here is a run down of the structure and ranks.​

Grand Arbiter: Basically the Joint commander of Naval and Ground Forces

Arbiter: Commander of the Legion typically or shares command with another. A high powered rank, the top right below the Grand Arbiter

Praetor: A Blooded Commander. Reliable and trustworthy, normally commands a larger force or unit

Optio: A fresh boot or commander Senior Commander. Typically commands a smaller unit. It's up to you, I'll leave it at that.

In the interest of keeping things tidy, I'll just keep these as joint Navy and Ground Forces Ranks.

TheCommand breakdown goes like this: (Story Fluff)

The President: Top dawg, authorizes wars and actions of the military.

-
-
-

Battlegroup Alpha:

1 Legion.
1 Fleet.

Battlegroup Bravo

1 Legion.
1 Fleet.

Battlegroup Charlie

1 Legion.
1 Fleet.

Special Forces/Intel
Wanna RP a specops or intelligence minded character? We got that too!​
A280_blaster_rifle_-_SWGTCG.jpg

Spectres: Your basic cross-breed of all things black ops and shady. Intel, Guerilla Warfare, Slicing, all the goodies. They play as warriors but double down as secret agent men. Most often they operate in three to four man teams.

(You can submit a team via the Submission thread in the Info Section)

starcraft_terran_ghost_by_vonschlippe-d3cbma9.jpg

Ghosts: When you think of Ghosts think of straight up run and gun killers. These folks have no other job than to be elite shock troopers and a direct action force. Some are Force users that train in stealth to augment their skills. Ghost's rely much more on brutality than Spectres. Get in, kill the bad guys, get out.

Politics:
Want more political intrigue? Are you a House of Cards fan? Wan't to establish a potical party?​
Here's our current system. Elections are still in the works with Nominees getting in place now!​
The New Republic Government is a simpler set up than the archaic Senates of the past. Governors serve as the ruling powers on their respective planets, doing what they will.

The Federal powers are not as tight at this point in time.

It breaks down like this.

The President of the New Republic

Elected by the Faction Members on a Three Months Cycle.​
A figurehead position with power and authority to make deals and agreements with outsiders. Can also declare war and negate deals if necessary.​

The Republic Cabinet
Four positions make up the Cabinet. The Cabinet is appointed by the Pres.​
The Minister of Finance: Runs the Coin and treasury of the NR . Makes advisories to the Pres.​
Minister of War: Runs the overall military affairs and strategy of the NR, Advises the Pres​
Minister of Diplomacy: The diplomat, brokering deals and helping to advise the Pres on matters outside of our borders.​
Minister of Science: Deals with technological advances as well as procurement and building of fleets and other assets. Advises the Pres​

Planetary Governors
Much like Senators in the Republic, the Planetary Governors run their respective worlds and maintain order. Their forces answer to them and they may make whatever laws the please.​
Planetary Governors are the back bone of the Gov.​
Appointed by Request.​
Mechanics of Politics
Governors can vote on a bill. 2/3rd majority passes.​
Pres can veto or pass it.​
Governors can overturn Veto on a second 2/3rds Majority & 2/3rds Majority from the Advisors.​
Ministers are for story mostly, but can do things in their respective areas. This is meant for creative options, not to choke-hold ideas. Keep it simple and fun.​
Two Major Political Platforms:
The Centrists: Who believe the NR should have a more centralized government. Basically your Federalist type folks.

The Populists: Who believe the government should be limited, and stay out of the affairs of planets, unless to provide for defence or aid. Basically your Confederates.
Jedi and FU's?
The New Republic offers a different take on Jedi. With FU's coming from every class the only thing we are against is a straight Sith. With the Jedi they have reorganized into a Clan based system, each focusing on specific areas and helping where they deem fit.​
Here's another Excerpt:
The Jedi in the New Republic have rallied into a Clan system. You could think of this like the Houses of Hogwarts or the Clans of Mandalore. Each Registered Clan has a Clan Master, basically the Grandmaster of that sect.

Clans can be infinite, and typically share last names or some kind of affiliation.

I'm ok With everything up to Dark Jedi. After that I draw the line. Perhaps the only line.

So for example Master Nerf wants to make a Dark Jedi focused clan. Fight fire with fire, that's well and good, but still abide by the theme. Our theme is light side oriented.

Master Nerf can submit his clan to the Registry, and begin recruiting. Clans may train together they may not. Who knows what they will do. Are you a combat focused Clan? Crafters? Sages? You decide.

Just keep the golden rule, stay in keeping with the IC goals of the Faction and don't be a dick.
Finally What we offer:
* Creativity is IC as well as OOC member driven. Staff is here only to facilitate.

*We have Jedi Clans rather than enclaves and orders with lofty high councils and crap. More variety of FU players. Example we allow witches, Dark Jedi, Jedi, Rogue Jedi and Nuetrals

*High political RP: We have a unique and balanced IC system of government that makes us stand out from just the endless Senate meeting or simple Triumvirate Structures of TGR or the GA.

*Sandbox style faction: Just about everything is up for submission. We have folks making new stuff everyday. With such a wealth of information and fluff being created we have a lot to draw on for our RP's. Folks have made but are not limited to, Jedi Clans, Political Parties, Military Units, Special Security units: RepSec, whose aim to root out corruption and criminals from within. The storyline of the faction is driven by the members rather than just the staff.

*Minimum Drama faction: Despite a rocky start and much salt we are committed to eliminating the mistakes of our predecessors. Drama, flaming and ill will will be rooted out and dealt with. Respect between RP'ers here and outside the faction is paramount.

There's an infinite number of possibilities at play here

*Do we plan to go major?

That depends on whether folks are on board or not.

If you like what you see come check us out!

nr1_zpstkhuxuql.jpg
------------------------------------​
-------------------------​
----------------​

You may ask questions or give feedback below. Anything goes. I can take it, constructive or destructive.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

Dang, you're always making new interesting things I can't look away from... :D

I like the "Ghost" division. I feel I could do a lot with Akabane as a wind shaper with that type of work maybe commanding a squad. Would you allow a squad of 6-7 to be made by a new member? Not sure even though you say its up for grabs.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
[member="Jack Raxis"] - could you also give us a list of a few laws and rights your citizens have then? like perhaps the laws for homosexual marriage, inter-species marriage (inter-sentient), and polygamy?

[member="Akabane Jarvik"]

It's wide open. Member driven. If you want it you get it.

[member="Aerin Kath"]

There's still elections to get the President into office. After that the laws are up to the people. Feel a certain way? Make a character and propose a law. The system is there. Make what you want to see, let the majority rule.

This what I have so far until we actually get more mil players.

Grand Arbiter: Basically the Joint commander of Naval and Ground Forces

Arbiter: Commander of the Legion typically or shares command with another. A high powered rank, the top right below the Grand Arbiter

Praetor: A Blooded Commander. Reliable and trustworthy, normally commands a larger force or unit

Optio: A fresh boot or Senior Commander. Typically commands a smaller unit. It's up to you, I'll leave it at that.

Taneas Haring

T

Since I'm a fan of the space stuff I will probably collaborate with those who also enjoy it and get some ideas down. As of right now this character is running the republic navy officer division (oocly) that will consists of the fleeters and pilots.

Taneas Haring

T

Because I don't feel taneas has had the development to icly run something like that. So oocly is good for me.

Leos Palle

L
There will undoubtedly be other parties involved. Neither the Populists or Centrists fully fit with Raeya so I'll probably make a sort of hybrid Party to suit her aims once I get around to writing it up. [member="Aerin Kath"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom