Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

voss___the_shrine_of_healing_by_jocik-d85erk1.jpg

Valae Kitra drew in a breath of fresh morning air. The view from her current position along the rocky cliffs of Voss-Ka was simply stunning. Above, the clouds were beginning to part to reveal the blue of the sky, and the sun was just starting to beam down. It was shaping up to be a great day -- and as she glanced to the side, she was glad that she had someone to share it with. Today she was accompanied by [member="Samara Raine"], it was their first official outing as master and apprentice. Though Valae had spent a great deal of time as a padawan, this was her first try as a master. Of course, there were jitters, she did not want to fail her new student.

And so, she was feeling fortunate that she had found a friend in the young blonde woman as well.

The two had met on Monastery, and their paths had crossed once more on Voss. It was nice to have someone that shared her interest in healing. So, Valae had decided to mark this occasion by bringing her new padawan to visit the Shrine of Healing. While the Voss did not count themselves among the Jedi, they did use the force to aid their ability to heal -- they were quite good at it, too. The mystics maintained an air of secrecy, there were halls within the shrine that were known only to them. And while it was rare for outsiders to gain their trust, it was not unheard of. Valae hoped that she was well on her way to being regarded well by the mystics.

“There it is,” she pointed up towards the Shrine that stood proudly in the distance, “It’s quite somethin’, I think you’ll like it.” Valae offered Samara a warm smile.

Valae had been there just once herself, but she had been fortunate enough to take part in the Voss Healing Ritual while she was there. She had been told that she was a friend of the mystics, and hoped that this would pave the way for the Silver Jedi to have more interactions with the mysterious healers. Turning her gaze back to the path at her feet, Valae kept moving, and motioned for Samara to follow. The two healers still had a bit of a walk, which presented the perfect opportunity to get to know eachother a bit better.

“So, Sam…” Valae tilted her head to the side, “What was life like before Monastery?”

When it raines, it pours.
The view from the rocky cliffs they were walking along was beautiful especially now that the morning sun rays were finally making their way through the cloud cover that was burning off leaving the valley and hills painted in a warm array of illumination after the cool blanket of night.

The honey blonde teen followed behind her new master, [member="Valae Kitra"], with careful steps as they trekked closer to the Shrine of Healing where the Jedi Healer was taking the padawan. Samara was excited to be apprenticing under the young woman, and given a chance to learn the healing art of the Force.

Ever since her time spent on Monastery where the Order of the Sacred Locus have a temple, the Force had been nudging Samara along the path of a Jedi Healer. Upon meeting Knight Kitra there, the two had easily become friends and bonded over their shared like of medicine. She had followed Valae back to Voss to join the Silver Circle, and here the Vorzyd-born was now.

Sea green eyes squinted into the sun as they took in the Shrine ahead, though still a ways away.

"The Shrine of Healing really is something grand... I'm very thankful that you brought me to see it, Master," Sam nodded with appreciation etched in her youthful voice. "I look forward to learning the Voss Healing Ritual," she added, then came the question of her past life. Hmm what to say...

"Well I actually was a youngling here at the Silver Temple, though my midichlorian count was deemed too low to continue on to so I was about to be sent to the Agri Corps when Master Taunte saw the strength of my heart as she called it instead of a given number and took me as her padawan learner. Our time together was very instructive though was cut short when she was killed while on a mission.... "

A sadness washed over the teenage girl, then as quick as it came it was gone. Samara had learned early on to release her raw emotions into the Force especially the grief that still lingered to some degree. The Tholothian Jedi Master had been like a mother to her; kind, loving though firm. She was beginning to see Valae as an older sister as they were closer in age.

"After that I did not have an assigned master per se, kinda just went with whom was available or where they wanted me to go. I was sent to aid the New Jedi Order of the Galactic Alliance and that is where I met Master Porte. He began mentoring me afterwards, but there were certain missions I could not go on with him so I was left to study in the library on Monastery. I was thinking of becoming a Jedi Librarian, but the longer I was at the medical facility there the more the Force nudged me in that direction," the padawan finished with a smile, then asked the same of the brunette.

"And you... Why did you become a healer, Master?"

Valae's arms swung casually at her sides, clearly at ease. Her steps were light and brisk, but still a pace that allowed for conversation. She listened intently as Samara spoke about her past, and glanced to the side every so often. Her brows rose slightly, it was interesting to learn that her padawan had come to the Silver Temple as a youngling. Compared to her own story, it was a great contrast. Valae was one that had come to the Jedi much later than most. During her start at the Temple, she'd envied those that had learned about the force from young ages -- they learned so much faster.

And as Samara's story unfolded, she listened for those bits of conversation that were unspoken -- such as the lingering sense of grief. It was certainly understandable. However, this feeling, no matter how fleeting it had been, revealed a great deal. It was clear to Valae that Samara was a sensitive young woman, but she had the good sense to experience her emotions and release them.

It seemed that Samara's quest for learning had taken her to many places, but Valae was certainly glad that she had returned to Voss to continue on her path.

"I am sorry to hear about Master Taunte, that must have been very difficult." Her gaze grew soft for a moment, but a smile broke through. "But I'm sure she saw much potential in you -- I see it, too."

She grew quiet and contemplative for a moment as she considered her padawan's question.

"Well, it took me quite a good long while to get to this point." Valae started to explain, "Master Thurion Heavenshield found me on Tatooine," She paused, the memories flooded back. "My father had just passed away that day, and I was a bit lost. After I came to Voss, I had a completely new life -- the ways of the Jedi were unknown to me."

It had not been easy to learn these new skills at first, she had even struggled with basic meditation.

"I'm not much of a fighter, never have been. If I'm being honest, I can barely handle a saber -- save for defending myself." She chuckled, "But I've always been a caretaker, and I finally realized that there is a place for me here."

The Shrine was growing closer now, the Voss Sentinels were now visible standing guard outside the gates. Already, their eyes were set upon the two women approaching.

[member="Samara Raine"]

When it raines, it pours.
A blush tinged the teenage padawan's cheeks as [member="Valae Kitra"] said that she saw potential in her too as Master Taunte had. That made Samara's day and it showed as she flashed a bright smile her new master's way.

The Jedi Knight's story of how she came to be one was intriguing. They had two very different upbringings yet both had come to this point of convergence. The Force worked in mysterious ways, and perhaps their master/student collaboration was meant to be.

"I'm sorry for your loss as well... I guess without each of us losing someone meaningful, we would have not met, and I for one am glad we did," Sam nodded.

"If I may toot my horn just a little, I'm not too bad with my lightsaber. Master Taunte saw to it that I became proficient in Shii Cho, and Master Lesan taught me Soresu. I can bat away single blaster bolts pretty well with some precision, though not sure I could handle a barrage of them at once. Master Porte was going to work with me on other forms, but we never got the chance really. He did teach me about hope though, which I carry with me each and every day right here," she smiled, pointing to the area over her heart.

As the Shrine appeared closer and closer, there were beings that watched them. Supposedly they were the Voss Sentinels that guarded the planet's holy place. Reaching out with the Force tentatively, the padawan did not feel ill-will towards them, but neither did she feel an overly abundance of warmth either. Hopefully it was mindful respect until otherwise challenged, and that would not come from her. Samara was psyched to see this healing ritual.

"I do hope those guard fellas know you at the entrance Master, otherwise this might be a quick trip back to the temple. And I for one, need to get a rock out of my boot before doing so."

Valae listened as Samara spoke about her experience with lightsaber training. While it had never been one of her own strong suits, she recognized the importance of learning the ways of the saber. She had only gotten as far as Soresu, and had never really advanced beyond deflecting blaster bolts -- but it was something she could do with a fair amount of ease, if called for. Valae smiled as Samara mentioned that Master Porte had taught her about hope. Indeed it was a very important lesson.

"Good -- you're well on your way, Padawan." She said with a nod. "And if you want to continue to learn the different forms, I would encourage you to do so. Don't feel limited to just learning from me, we have many Knights and Masters that could help you, too."

The work of a Jedi was never done, there were endless opportunities to grow.

As they approached the guards, their stern expressions were a bit intimidating. Their posture tensed as Valae and Samara grew closer. However, Valae stepped forward to speak.

"Good afternoon," She cleared her throat, "We are here from the Silver Temple, the Elder Mystic is expecting us, I believe."

Fortunately, the two guards did not press for further explanations, and allowed the two women to pass. Just beyond the gates was a lovely courtyard, fragrant flowers scented the air, and there was a undeniable aura of serenity. Many of these plants served medicinal purposes, and some were even used to make brews of tea that were quite health-some. Each and every plant was meticulously cared for here.

"Hello, Jedi." The Elder Mystic came outside to greet them. "It is nice to see you again."

"And you, my friend." Valae smiled warmly, "This is Samara Raine, my apprentice. She is learning the healing arts, and would like to tour the Shrine with me today."

"Good, good." The Elder spoke, and motioned for the Jedi to sit at a small table in the courtyard. "I have business to attend to, it shouldn't be long, please sit and enjoy some tea."

[member="Samara Raine"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom