Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mad Strill - Grand Opening

Well, here goes nothing...

Setting aside the oily rag, Ijaat limped over to the bar and gazed out over the place he had lovingly worked and invested into over the last few months. Though you could never tell, the place had been restored lovingly by almost solely just himself. Looking over the bar, perhaps the most expensive thing in the place, he got a pensive look in his eyes... It was true veshok wood he had managed to carve himself, and though his inexperience would show to a trained carpenter, he thought it rather fetching, as he had manage to snag quite a pretty piece of it. It said something of a man when you saw he thought of the little things, and touches like veshok wood bar showed he was a bit of a traditionalist, if only subtly so.

The place was decked out, the steel walls painted a soft sand-gold with bold black lettering in mando'a script tracing out the glyphs to Ijaat's favorite sayings and proverbs from his life, the content indicating that perhaps though he appeared a slightly overweight business man, perhaps he was not always so. Space erratically were thick red cloth banners bearing old Mandalorian clan crests, all done in red and gold, with the one behind the bar being a simple banner bearing a strill howling at the moon, the logo of the bar he had decided to open.

Along one wall was an inset case with various pieces of chewed up and damaged armor, bearing a mythosaur crest above the case, etched under the tusks the simple words 'Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la'. To all intents, given the variance in style, type, size, and the remaining paint on the pieces, this was a wall of remembrance for fallen mando'ade, perhaps personal friends of Ijaat, or others. In the center hung a nearly pristine helmet of a rather exotic design, painted white, copper and black, that bore the words under it 'Buir'.

Shaking from his revere, Ijaat began to place napkins and empty glasses on the bar, humming a slight tune as he whistled, high pitched and keen. From the back came trotting, and a massive brendel furred strill, so old its' teeth had yellowed and its' muzzle and even paws had gone mostly grey, came trotting from the back to look at Ijaat, cock it's head, and promptly lay down next to a table meant for someone to play dice or card games at, given the green felt topping and layout of the topping of it. Nodding as if as expected, Ijaat placed the last glass on the bar and prepared himself mentally, and then reached out under the bar.

Pressing a button under the bar, the door lock cycled, the thick plasteel plates retracting in an iris portal like pattern, opening almost like a flower in reverse, small bands of precious beskar for bracing and reinforcing retracting into the frame. Whoever or whatever had built this certainly was cautious. As the door opened, he began absentmindedly checking things like the caf press and the other drinks, netra'gal, and the like, and the precious few bottles of matured tihaar he had. There was also some kri'gree, for anyone who could stomach it,

On the air were also various smells that would begin to drift out from the kitchen... Uj cake, gi dumpling soup, and a few non traditional meals the cook he had hired, a quiet rodian chap, knew how to make, though the wafting aroma of Tiingilar was a receipe all of Ijaat's make, and like to burn your lips off it not careful. It wasn't much, but the aromas reminded him of his youth, of good times before the hard times, and of his parents. This was going to be his life now, working here at this bar, he had given up war..

He was glad... This place wouldn't earn him much but a place to sleep and eat, but it was better than being a solider, even if the irony of the DE-10 on his hip didn't escape him.. What mando'ade didn't have some sort of weapon on them? Even retired ones too busted up to fight anymore? Even if it did clash slightly with the well-worn but cared for forest green tunic, dark yellow almost gold like trim and piping making it resemble an officers uniform of some military, even if it was covered with a crisp white apron and had the rag from earlier hanging out of the belt at the small of his back. His boots, perhaps, gave a true hint of what he once was, good spacers leather with sturdy soles and a slight bulge on one that spoke of once hiding a large boot knife or small holdout blaster.

Well, time to wait for the first customer I suppose.

Riggs

R
The man in gold and black armor walked down the cobbled street with a heavy foot. His giant frame cast a dark shadow that stretched before him in the morning light. He was heading for a local pub where he was known to hang his helmet when he wasn't working, even having a bunk in a loft over the pub. But that morning on his way to the pub he paused as a scent hit his nostrils, one not filtered out and scrubbed by the rebreather in his helm.

Hands covered in crushgaunts raised up and lifted the buy'ce free and clipped it to some webbing at his belt. Closing his eyes and tilting his head back he drew in another breath and caught the smell. Tiingilar. It brought back memories and a watering to his palate that had to be sated.

Following the tantalizing scent he traveled down the path and came to an open door that he stepped through. As his old eyes adjusted to the lighting he turned slowly looking at ancient clan marking hanging by the flags. Walking slowly to the bar he found himself sitting on a stool as he looked over to see an aged strill laying on the floor in a relaxed manner. The old mando smiled slightly imagining the strill was the equivalent of himself. Old, gnarled, but still capable of deadly things.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

Ijaat watched the man come in, ostensibly polishing glasses behind the counter. In reality his hands were just moving so the motion of shifting to draw a blaster wouldn't be so suspicious. Despite his self imposed retirement, some habits were just carved in he supposed. Like an old weathered stone monument not many people would pay much mind to anymore.

But you're not really that old, mir'osik... Certainly not as old as this gent... Quit being so melancholy.

Watching the man come in, Ijaat studied his face, and for some reason forced his hands to relax as he saw the man take a seat. He wasn't sure why, but he had made a decision. Maybe not a wise one. Maybe a fool's vow that would wind him dead. Stars knew he had more than enough enemies even among the mando'ade if he weren't lucky. Not after that last job. Not many would like him once it was known who did it, so he only had to hope most back home didn't recognize his face and wouldn't place him without his trademark armor.

"Ahhh, hello there.. Welcome to the Mad Strill friend.... Sit back and relax a bit, what can I get ya?"

[member="Theoden Stronghammer"]

Riggs

R
As he turned to look at the bartender he noticed the hands that were out of sight and obviously cleaning a mug or plate. But years of training instilled a distrust of what he could not see. He began to tense as he frowned at himself and forced himself to relax .If a vod couldn't relax on Mandalore among his own people then t was perhaps time to lay down the life of a hunter and mercenary. And besides, as his green eyes nearly greyed with age took in the man, he had never laid eyes on this mando before so why should he expect a cold welcome or a blaster to the face?

His lined face eased into an open smile as he nodded a greeting to the younger man. "Su'cuy. Vor'e and I will." Placing heavy arms on the bar he made sure to not scratch the finish with his gauntlets. Tilting his head sideways he breathed in the aroma drifting from the kitchen. Opening his eyes he smiled. "I'll take some of that Tiingilar that I smell. An ale and a shot of tihaar if you have it. Name's Theoden Stronghammer."

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

Ijaat smiled, eyeing the mans armor. Years of making the stuff saw the use, the scrapes and inefficiencies and he nearly twitched to point a few out. But instead, he merely spun the rag from the small of his back, buffed the wood in front of Theoden and sat down a shot glass, turning on his heel in a crisp 180 belonging to a parade ground and filling a tall pilsner glass with a good dose of netra'gaal, turning back around and setting it down and spinning a bottle in his hand almost like some would a blaster.

The action was smooth, practiced, and as it spun in his hand the other flicked out, popping off the cork, the liquid inside clear with a faintest of amber tints, the immediate, strong scent of a well aged spirit, cloves, and a citrus waft flowing from the bottle as the spinning stopped at a precise angle, the liquid rolling out without a single air bubble to gurgle it's flow, pouring into the heavy shot glass with a smooth action and abruptly stopping, the bottle clinking down to the counter and being corked again.

Nodding politely, unaware perhaps of how he moved when he relaxed, or not caring, he turned and yelled back in Basic for the cook to bring out the tingiilar Theoden had requested. Shortly a piping stew in a thick wood bowl slid through a slit in the back of the bar, along with some sort of gruff reply just out of earshot. As he turned, Ijaat plopped the bowl down gently and easily, careful not to spill the brew, and grinned.

"Careful with the 'ting there, stranger.. Old family recipe, apt to make you not need incendiary rounds if you take my meaning...."

Riggs

R
Theoden noticed the Ijaat eyeing his armor. Watching closely he saw it wasn't merely a cursory glance but instead an analytical one. H knew the look for what it was for once he wore it in his own gaze and now saw it in his nephew's close looks. It was the look of a man who knew his armor, one who saw past the pretty dressing it may wear and saw instead the functionality and flaws of said armor. The gaze of a tinkerer or smith. Suppressing a smile he knew what flaws the man saw for he knew them intimately, plus his nephew had pleaded with him to make him a custom beskar'gam. But this was his father's. and his father before him. And he wore it in their honor.

Watching the man handle the bottle again put him in mind of his nephews, for both were pistol men who were quite adept at handling their guns. Theoden didn't suppress the next smile as he squinted his eyes at Ijaat's face. He should have heard of a vod with his apparent skill set, but neither name nor face rang any bells of familiarity.

As the man went to collect the bowl of food Theoden raised the heavy shot glass to his nose and sniffed cautiously. Then raising it in a short salute he spoke. "K'oyacyi!" Then he drained the glass. Immediately he felt the burn as it traveled down his throat and he nodded as he took a drink of his ale. "Good, very good ner vod."

Leaning over the bowl he inhaled and felt his sinuses begin to unclog. "You weren't kidding were you?" He smiled as he tasted it and let out a soft sigh. "Shab that's good." Continuing to eat he glanced up at his benefactor of good food and drink. "So what's your story vod? If you don't mind me asking. You obviously have a sharp eye and fast hands. But if this is your recipe you have found your calling in life!"

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

Ijaat stiffened. Every muscle went tense and the man fairly seemed to /hum/ with attention before he shook his head and just sighed. He knew better. He had spent too many years on the forefront, if not in the limelight, to believe he could fully hide who he was... But maybe he could get away with a slight untruth. A white lie, so to speak. No need for the man to possibly realize who he was. If he did, it wouldn't end well most likely. And if he didn't, maybe he could earn a little redemption before fate called him in.

"Guess I spent a few too many years working.... I used to design and make 'gam.... My buir taught me the ways to work beskar, shape it, strengthen it, make it bend to my will... I worked most of my youth with him, making the armor for others to fight... Then one day a man paid my buir in trade for a patch job... And I picked up an old out-dated pistol... The way it fit in my hand... I had found something I was better at than shaping beskar... So I went on a bloody trail through the galaxy until my white armor was black with the dried blood. I never cleaned it, I thought it made me look fierce, idiot kid I was... And, one day.... Not so long ago... I messed up... I pulled the wrong target and missed... And a whole lot of people were killed, just for a bounty.... I used the money I had to open this place and hung up the armor... My buir told me to never stop fighting until I couldn't find a reason... And I can't now. So I cook old receipes, I collect old bits of the armor I made, and I make liquor that can clean fighter engines...."

Ijaat would turn and check on something, the motion smooth, but with a slight hitch to the left foot. And this time he'd turn around with a glass full of, oddly enough for a bartender, water by the smell of it. HE drank and nodded, smiling.

"Im sure I dont need to tell you there are several weak pressure seals on your left pectoral plate and your gauntlets could use some new cabling.... I'm guessing by the styling it's not your suit, so fathers? Maybe grandfathers? But it's not more than three generations, they didn't have that flair to the ab plate 80 years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom