Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lost Girl

On a street by a spaceport on Nar Shaddaa stood a girl. This wasn't unusual; many waifs and strays came to linger around the ports for one reason or another. Sometimes they simply begged for credits, sometimes they stole from unsuspecting passengers - sometimes their purpose was even more sinister than that. This girl, however, was not the usual urchin. She was a slim, pale young girl, with large, innocent eyes that had clearly not seen the depths of depravity so easily and readily available on Nar Shaddaa. More than one passerby, whilst not trusting enough to stop, had wondered what such a fragile thing was doing on a world as rough as this one.

Anya had, upon release from her captors, followed the soldier's advice and found the nearest spaceport. The sight of so many metal birds - ships, she now knew - landing and taking off had been overwhelming. She had stood, mouth agape, for over an hour in the spaceport, just watching. Her mind was opening to possibilities she had never previously considered. Despite her burning desire to get home and pretend the past - day? few days? weeks? - had never happened, a new desire was kindling in her soul: the desire to learn as much as possible about the galaxy she never knew existed.

Too conflicted to make a decision straight away, Anya had opted with leaving it in the hands of fate. She had parted with some credits - far too many, had she been aware of basic things such as trading - for some raw materials, and now she stood by the spaceport peering over the large sign she held.

HELP​
ME GET​
HOME​
So far no one had stopped, although more than one passenger - human and alien alike - had tossed some credits her way. These she had scooped up, learning quickly that with enough of these, anything was possible in this universe. On a world where even human lives had a price, she didn't doubt her ability to barter a passage to anywhere else. Varonat was far away, yes, but basic greed was limitless.

Again, the voice in her mind asked, Do you truly want to go back?

"I don't know," Anya said aloud, startling a passing alien into tossing a credchip her way and walking briskly on. I don't know. Home had always been the mountains, safe and serene - but the safety had gone the moment the tribe had been separated by the slavers, and serenity could only be a dream now that she knew. Knowledge was a heavy burden; Anya didn't know if she was strong enough to carry it back home to the others. The trip had already changed her. She was no longer the Arbiter: she was just another lost, lonely child looking for a place to simply be.

Zion Krayt

Z
He remembered as a Padawan when he constantly travelled to the planet of Nar Shaddaa to do what he could to solve the crime upon the planet. Obviously, his attempts failed constantly, but he always did at least a bit of good when he was there. That was when he was a Padawan, now he was a Jedi Knight, imagine the good he could do now.

When he was walking down the street in his black robes, phrik armour completely concealed besides his arms and everything below the knees, he saw the alien toss a few credits at the child, due to her sudden outburst. It seemed as if the outburst was random and spontaneous, the alien didn't even realize the girl was there until she spoke, stunning them out of whatever reverie they were in.

By the time the alien was gone, he was stood in front of the girl, and crouched down in front of her so they were upon the same height, him just a little lower.

"What is your name, child?"

[member="Anya Kalos"]

Anya's musings were disturbed by a shadow looming over her. She peered over the edge of her sign to see a tall man in black robes approaching her. Instinctively she shrank back, hiding behind the sign until only her forehead and wide blue eyes were visible; even her hands retreated until only her fingertips kept the sign aloft. She let out a small squeak of fright when the man stopped in front of her - what if he was one of the slavers, escaped and come to catch her again? No, she didn't recognise him, which was a relief.

Even more of a relief was when he crouched down, so that she was able to look him in the eyes. Although the man exuded an aura of power and confidence there was something gentle about the way he studied her. Anya lowered her sign enough to reveal the rest of her face, reaching up to brush her ribbon out of the way so she could better see him.

Despite his intimidating form, his voice, when he addressed her, seemed designed to soothe. He was unlike anyone she had ever met, back at home or since her abduction.

"Anya," she whispered, barely audible over the noise of the spaceport. Anya's eyes darted around to make sure she had an escape route, if she needed one, then she cleared her throat and tried again.

"My name is Anya," she said, louder this time. "Anya Kalos, sir." She took a deep breath before speaking again. "Might I ask your name?"

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]

Zion Krayt

Z
He felt the presence coming from somebody close by, and when he realized it was coming from the girl, he was almost shocked. Maybe not almost, but he was surprised to say the least. "I am Zaren Bouqi. I'm here to take you to safety." Not once in his life did he ever think he was going to be a Jedi Watchman and bring those sensitive to the Force back to the Jedi Temple.

Maybe that's why he wasn't a seer, huh?

"I am a Jedi Knight of the Jedi Order, I can bring you home, or take you with me." He said looking down to her with a smile. "You have the potential to use the Force, Anya."

[member="Anya Kalos"]

There was that word again: Force. Twice now had someone used it in respect of her, and both times she had been utterly clueless. The first time, it had been used to fetch a higher price for her as a slave. Now it was being used when she was free - and this man, Zaren Bouqi, was offering her a choice because of it. Anya finally set her sign down, revealing herself to be a slight, delicate thing, a wilting flower on a toxic world.

There were other words she didn't understand. Jedi Knight. Jedi Order. Strange, fascinating phrases to describe a most mysterious man. And yet he was offering her safety - he offered to take her home - no one who wished her ill would be so convincing in giving her a choice. She had experienced strangers who meant harm, and knew by some instinct that she couldn't voice that Zaren was not one of them.

Home, or go with him.

"My home is a long way away, I have been told," she said, growing in confidence as each minute brought no new danger. "I've also been told it's... backwards. There are many things we don't know, there." She hated to repeat this, but it was proving to be truer and truer. Time to come clean with this kind stranger. "I don't know what the Force is... what a Jedi is. How can I use something, when I don't know what it is I can use?"

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]

Zion Krayt

Z
He lifted up a single hand and extended it out towards the girl, extremely slow of course. He placed it upon her shoulder gently, if she decided she didn't want it there he would have moved it of course.

"A Jedi is someone who protects the people of the Galaxy, of any world that requires help. Helps anyone that needs it, and they fight evil. The Force is something that is in everyone, but only few in the Galaxy are capable of actually utilizing the Force as an ally...Or a tool." It was his first time explaining to somebody what the Force was, it was kind of interesting, and odd. He couldn't just explain everything that he knew about the Force right away, nor would it be right to explain what a Sith was.

"I can teach you to use it as my Apprentice, or Padawan as the Order calls it. You'll be safe there, and with people around your own age."

[member="Anya Kalos"]

When Zaren placed his hand on her shoulder, an odd sense of relief flowed through Anya. She could tell, without using her gift, that what he said was truth. He spoke but a few words about the Jedi, yet gave enough information to help her understand his role in the galaxy. The idea that she could follow him and learn to become a protector, to help others the way he was helping her now, was very appealing. More appealing was the knowledge of the Force. Could it explain her dreams, her truth sight? She had always thought of herself as a freak of nature - a witch, as the slavers had said. Now, she had the chance to find out. It was either this, to follow this kind Jedi, or to go back home, find out if the others had survived; run the risk of being lost and alone on her own world, instead of this one. It didn't seem like much of a choice in that sense.

"Maybe the, the Force is what led you to me," she said, offering up a shy smile. Should she tell him of her past abilities yet? To touch his robes, to glean what memories she could, seemed insurmountably rude given how kind he was being. If he had the same abilities as she, would it even work? No, better to remain gloved, to keep that to herself in case she was wrong; in case it wasn't the Force that granted her the gifts that had separated and isolated her from the rest of the tribe.

"My home is in the mountains of a world called Varonat," she said, studying Zaren carefully for any signs he was familiar with it, "but I... I'm not ready to go back there. There is so much to learn. I know what my sign said," she cast a sideways glance at it, "but I don't really know if I'll ever be ready to go home." She met his calm gaze and made her decision. It was at once the scariest and most exciting decision she had ever had to make. "Will you teach me, truly? Will you help show me the way?"

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]

Zion Krayt

Z
"It is possible. There are some within the Jedi Order who believe that the Force brings people together for a reason." He said with an awkward shrug of his shoulders since he was crouched in front of the little girl on the corner of a pedestrian walkway. Yes, it was definitely better to reveal to her later what it means to become a Jedi, what her duties would be.

"Yes, I can teach you how to utilize the Force and your untouched abilities. You can quite possibly become a Jedi Knight as I am now, and then, return home when you're good and ready." He stood up and extended his hand to the girl. He believed it was time to go now.

[member="Anya Kalos"]

When Zaren stood up, Anya caught her breath again; he was much taller than her. Still, he extended his hand outwards, waiting for her final decision with patience.

It was easy, and yet insanely hard, to dive into the unknown. All her life, Anya had been confined by the white sheets of her tent, by the limits of the tribes. Reaching out for something different was the scariest thing she had ever done, but she had no hesitations in accepting Zaren's offer. She placed her gloved hand in his and nodded.

"I think I would like that, Zaren," she said, her conviction growing by the second. "I'm ready."

It wasn't as if her home was going anywhere, anyway.

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]

Zion Krayt

Z
He nodded his head and when he took her hand he started to lead her away and back towards the spaceport. It looked like upon that day he wouldn't be looking for trouble, instead he would be bringing this girl back to the Jedi Temple upon Ossus. It was the safer temple if he were to choose between the aforementioned temple and Tython.

Besides, he was unsure as to the reception he'd get for bringing this girl to Tython. The location of the planet was a well-guarded secret, and he respected that. Even if he couldn't see his home planet as much as he wanted.

"Why are you here, on this planet? What brought you here?"

[member="Anya Kalos"]

Najac Samedi

N
[member="Zaren Bouqi"] [member="Anya Kalos"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=KCGB9xJ1P4w

Oh they were not alone, from a distance someone had been watching them and the Jedi pick up the small girl to be trained. And that person, well that person was Najac Samedi. A rather strange man with no reason what so ever to him besides have a bit of fun and use what he can in the galaxy to his entertainment. And right now he saw that the pair in front of him looked very entertaining. Stepping out of the shadows dressed in a full pin striped black and purple suit with matching top hat, his face painted with a skull on it the white and black paint covering his dark skin. But a soft musical tone came from the ally in which he emerged. Stepping out with him a few aliens stood there playing a few instruments in a big band collection. Their eyes glossed over and a zombish look was about them. Any Jedi could realize that they were under the influence of the force most likely against their will.

But that's when things got weirder, lighting up a cigar Najac began to sing. No not softly whisper a tune to himself, not mutter a few lines. No the weirdo upright began to sing. "What do we have here?! A little Jedi and some little girl gripped in fear? Ooooh I'm so exited!" He sang loudly before doing a very cartoonish walk over to them. The band still playing their song. "So you are her master? I might just call the cops if I don't die of laughter. But let's get down to business shall we? I'm here for the girl so hand her over to me!" Swinging around a pole with his arm extended Najac was looked the Jedi knight up and down before continuing his little song.

"It'd be a waste to see another Jedi take up space so lets leave it up to what's her face! Cause I'm the big bad voodoo man! And I'm here to give her more of a plan." After jumping off from the pole Najac lowered herself down to meet with eye level with the little girl. "So what's it gonna be? Stuck as a lame Jedi wannabe or someone who can be free!" Laughing Najac stood back up and moved backwards snapping his fingers to the beat. "So follow the man with hex, I promise I'm better than funk master flex!" He said trying to sway the girl to his side. Although the writer sincerely hoped that the little girl would go off to be a Jedi rather than hang out with Najac. Little creepy when you thought about it.

Anya trotted alongside Zaren, trying to keep up with his longer strides. She was a little anxious about entering the spaceport, given her last experience with a ship, but she trusted that Zaren wasn't about to stick her on a ship to nowhere, so she said nothing, not until he asked about what she was doing here. Anya ran through the past few days mentally, trying to summarise the worst period of her life in one easy sentence.

"Slavers," she said at last. "They found our tribe... Most escaped but some of us were captured. The soldiers freed us." She laughed softly. "I don't even know what planet I'm on."

The rest of her story would have to wait: a most interesting, colourful person stepped out in front of them. Anya was curious, up until the band emerged and he began to sing, at which point she started to fear for her life. He was utterly rude in addressing Zaren, little better in speaking to her. She glanced up at Zaren, then back to the man, then down at the floor. Another choice, it seemed. The universe must be playing games with her, or else it was this Force thing again. If she didn't take control of the situation, of her life, then she'd never get anywhere.

"I want to learn about the Jedi," she said, trying to keep her voice steady. "Besides..." She looked up, a glimpse of her long repressed sense of humour revealing itself despite the situation, "I don't think I can sing well enough to go with you."

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]
[member="Najac Samedi"]

Zion Krayt

Z
The Jedi Knighrt's face contorted when he saw the likes of the Rhyming Magician or what he'd like to be call. He could only wonder what could have gone wrong in a being's life such as that one. Obviously they were educated, but when [member="Anya Kalos"], said no, e was proud that she understood the situation enough in her current situation and declined the man. Politely too.

"Move aside, civilian." He warned the man, and he started to guide the little girl around them or in between them, whatever he had to do to get past them without harming them, though he wasn't against pushing them a few feet out of his way so that he could move unhindered. This was some sort of sick, twisted, gang, and he didn't know if he was meant to deal with them now, or wait for the inevitable attack.

[member="Najac Samedi"]

Najac Samedi

N
[member="Zaren Bouqi"] [member="Anya Kalos"]

Torrents of laughter left the mouth of Najac still keeping with the music being played by the band. Popping his collar Najac began to dance a bit very cartoonishly as he followed the Jedi knight, Najac was used to getting what he wanted with a small clearing of his throat Najac continued to sing to the people around him. "oh you're funny! I'm laughin! move aside civilian! I don't think he realizes I kill by the million! So let's go girl and head to my private pavilion." He sand as puffed on his cigar afterwards sending smoke rings at the Jedi knight so he could cough in the thick grey smoke

"So brace yourself girl because the plots about to unfurl, Chico my dear would you give that grenade a hurl?" Following his lyrics the sound of a thermal detonator could be heard priming. In the shaky palm of one of his zombies the man desperately tried to fight off himself holding the weapon of death but it was without luck. Holding the primed explosive the zombie of a man stood there waiting to die. "The big bad Jedi thinks he's got a chance! Take your blade out boy and come on let's dance!" Najac was quite ready to fight over the little one, he needed someone to do duets with and tgr galaxy wasn't really chalk full of people like him

"You are quite a rude one. Back in Mandalore, you would have been beaten to the floor for saying things like that. . ." Having heard the outburst from further off, Konahrik had simply been searching for a way off the planet, his skills as a pilot being far too inferior for this sector. He had decided to approach, curious as to what was happening.
Naturally distrusting, he chose to keep his distance most of the time, but decided to step in as the slaver began threatening the knight and girl. He was carrying a pair of Vibro-guard Shotos sheathed at his sides, his robes covered his face as well as most of his body.
"He said 'move along', slaver. I wouldn't think it too wise to cause a fuss here of all places, especially with a detonator in the hands of a poor beast that probably shouldn't even be alive right now, do you?"

[member="Najac Samedi"]
[member="Zaren Bouqi"]
[member="Anya Kalos"]

Zion Krayt

Z
The being that was [member="Najac Samedi"] wasn't going to move, and sometimes when you didn't move when someone else told you to, bad things happened. For everyone involved, and by the time the man had finished his rhyme about a grenade, he was already summoning the Force to him more as instinct than anything, and when he saw the thermal detonator being primed, he shook his head.

Most people would have ran and let everyone else in the vicinity be destroyed, but he had faced many situations like these upon Bespin for one, against so many Sith. Even Coruscant when Sith had tried to blown up several people at once by throwing grenades at them, the problem was dealt with simply.

Today would be no different.

The man wanted to die, he was already dead. But he couldn't kill him like that, he was an innocent man, a man that he would try to fix if he could. So with one arm, he wrapped [member="Anya Kalos"] in his embrace protectively, and he rose his other arm up and stripped the thermal detonator out of the hand of the zombie-like being. It was still beeping and preparing to blow, but Zaren had more than enough time to start forming a force shield around it, more of a semi-sphere, or half a bubble around it, only cover his side of the alleyway and leaving the rest of the force bubble open to explode outwards towards the Dark Magician and unfortunately the second person who had decided to join them who hadn't noticed.

Zaren could only wonder what happened when the thermal detonator exploded and his semi-sphere force bubble held it back while he leapt backwards with the aid of the Force.

[member="Konahrik the Forgotten"]

"Thermal Detonators;" A voice came from a few meters to the left of the explosion, a bit farther from where Konahrik had been standing.

"Quite unstable, however with a standard blast radius of only six meters, and the explosion having been redirected to only one half of the alley, dodging it becomes that much simpler. . . Still, you can definitely feel the heat. . ." He had jumped back, using only what highly limited use of the force he had been taught as a child to aid him, and even that was barely enough. Smoke from a few meters ahead trails specifically towards him, suggesting his jump was made at a higher speed, and longer distance than a normal person would be capable of.

"If you survived that, slaver, I will be very impressed. . ." he spoke to himself. Staring back at [member="Zaren Bouqi"] and [member="Anya Kalos"] , he simply said, "Wrong place at the wrong time for me, it seems. Always has been that way. . ." His tone seems slightly condescending, unsure of whether he can trust these two, or if they are just as bad as [member="Najac Samedi"] .

((Well [member="Zaren Bouqi"] [member="Najac Samedi"] [member="Konahrik the Forgotten"] that was an interesting couple of posts to wake up to!))

Anya watched in terror as the situation escalated rapidly. Already she was learning important lessons about the universe - don't trust people in masks being the most vital at the moment. She clapped her gloved hand to her mouth as one of the madman's associates held out some sort of device. It evoked a rapid response from both Zaren and the newcomer, and when it exploded she bit down on her fingers to keep from shrieking. It wouldn't do to seem like a foolish girl in front of so many people.

The newcomer himself was another man in armour and she eyed him warily, having had bad experiences with metal clad men. He seemed different from the men who had brought her here; for one thing he seemed to be defending her, or at least preparing to attack the musical man which was good enough for her. She offered the newcomer a small, shy smile of thanks.

When the explosion didn't touch them, Anya noticed the look of concentration on Zaren's face and wondered if that was her first glimpse of the Force. It would certainly be a useful ally to have on a world this chaotic. She peered anxiously around the smoke to see if the singer had survived. Whilst he was certainly creepy, she didn't necessarily want anyone's death on her conscience.

(Well, I suppose it's my way of thanking you for setting up a perfect thread to start off in, Anya X3)
Konahrik sidesteps towards the two, still ever cautious about both them, and [member="Najac Samedi"] whom he was still unsure whether or not he had survived the explosion as well.

"We should get away from here, for now. . ." He said. "Authorities are going to be all over the place in a few minutes, and this is not the best place to be. . ."
As he gets closer to [member="Anya Kalos"] and [member="Zaren Bouqi"] , it becomes notable that his hood has a second section, which drapes closely over his eyes, with no visible place for him to see through. "I had rented an apartment, not far from here. Optionally, there's a Cantina to the west. . ."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom