Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Lassie :: YV-929 Freighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambry Owens

A Pseudo-Mandolorian. Sort of.
uTc7345.png

Image Source
Affiliation: Fotos Sprey (Formerly), Cambry Owens
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation
Model: YV-929
Modularity: Due to constant jailbreaking and modification, I feel like Yes would be the right answer.
Production: While YV-929s are mass produced, the Lassie is Unique.
Material: Durasteel, primarily
Classification: Light Freighter

Length: 22 Metres

Width: 6 Metres

Height: 6 Metres

Armament:
  • 3 Triple Blaster Cannons (With Stun Functionality)
  • 2 Ion Cannons
  • 1 Concussion Missile Launcher
  • 2 Turbolaser Cannons

Hangar: Unable to carry Fighters

Special Features:
  • Target Marking and Identification program
    A system accessible by it's Droid Pilot. It's viewscreen utilizes a HUD that links to the one in Cambry's helmet. Simple, modern face and item recognition technology is used. No different from the tech used by most security services. In fact, it was...kind of stolen from one. Corellian Sec found one of their cruisers a bit busted up, and their camera footage of the incident missing.
  • Communications Relay
    A typical, slightly advanced Ship Comm Relay. Built into the Lassie ​after it's acquisition by Sprey.
  • Communications Scrambler
    Stolen from a repair shop he worked at, and fitted into the Lassie. It's a bit testy, and when activated, usually gives his own communications a heck of a fizz.
  • Jury-Rigged Communications Interceptor
    This thing only started working recently. He had received it for work when the Snivvian he was running parts for didn't want to pay him in Credits. Sold him the idea that this was more valuable. Either way, the cobbled-together technology is capable of doing simple breakthroughs onto comm channels, and grabbing nearby text-based messages. Capable, but not reliable.
  • Short-Range Audio Amplifier
    When directed at a source of sound, this device records it and funnels it back to the cock-pit. It's like any other Audio recorder, only directed.
  • Access to the Holonet and Cryptnet.
    Typical computer systems for any ship operating in a less than legal way. This was on it when Cambry got the ship.
  • Sensor Package
    Factory standard for any ship, this includes flight sensors, atmospheric data, and general technical readouts, including radar.
  • Advanced Engines + Supplemental Maneuvering Jets
    One of the first things Sprey fitted onto his ship was better engines; the things a heck of a clunker. Over the years, he eventually bought supplemental jets and had them installed on Corellia, just to further increase the ship's mobility. It wasn't cheap, but it makes getting through traffic easier.
  • Advanced Shields
    Factory standard for the YV-929, these things can take a beating, but sap power something fierce.
  • ECM Systems
    These can jam the targeting systems of missiles, making the ship less likely to get blown up. These were installed by Sprey during his time as a Mandalorian operative.
  • Sensor Scrambler
    A last ditch tool when facing trouble, this thing more or less shuts down the Lassie's sensors
    as well as any attempts to get a bead on it. Since it's so hit and miss, it wasn't hard for Cambry to get a hold of and install during his time working at the repair shop on Corellia.
  • Drop Pod
    Acquired by Cambry while working for the Nexus Corportation, this was one of the first things he requested as part of his contract.

Maneuverability Rating: 6
Speed Rating: 4
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:
Supplemental sensor equipment, for surveillance and monitoring of targets, objectives, and the like.
Modified to be ideal for flexible use in a smuggler, bounty hunter, spy, or operative capacity.
Weaknesses:
Not designed for ship combat, more for avoiding it.
Fairly old, requires consistent repairs.
Clunky shape, lowering in-atmosphere speed compared to sleeker vessels.
Has a lot of power-balancing issues. That has to be done manually.

Description:
The Lassie was Foto Sprey's ship, acquired near the end of his tenor as a Mandalorian Protector. As such, when Cambry inherited the vessel, it came equipped with far higher durability and shielding than most of it's model, and it's engines were formatted for better performance in general. As something of a gearhead, Cambry's made his own modifications since the ship came into his possession, primarily in the way of surveillance technology and remote control compatibility.

The Lassie was won by Fotos Sprey during a gambling match. Actually, he was supposed to win a far newer combat freighter, but this ship is what he found waiting for him at the impound lot. So of course, he went back, beat the guy who cheated him senseless, and used his cash to purchase a whole slew of upgrades for the ship, just to prove he could. It worked; the Lassie is a pretty great ship, these days. Sure, it's shell is out of date, and a little clunky, but on the inside the ship's younger than her current pilot. Since Sprey died a horrible death, his mentee Cambry Owens has taken ownership of the freigher, and it's become his primary transport and home.

The Lassie can carry 150 metric tons of cargo, just as it's model is meant to support.

Development Thread: None
Intent: Really just to give more credibility to using my character's ship in RP, as it's a huge staple of my posting. I want to make sure I'm going through the legit channels.
Who Can Use This: Cambry Owens, R4-V3 "Verne"
Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

[member="Cambry Owens"]

After review I'm sorry but this won't be approved without some dev threads. Usually with that much firepower on a freighter it isn't ok, but that is scaled down slightly from the canon version so I understand that and think its ok.

However, what isn't is the fact all your systems (sensors, comms, engines, etc) are advanced when most ships barely scrape 1, and the fact you have a lot of added tech like a drop pod launcher, reinforced hull, ECM suites, sensor scramblers, and remote flight capabilities.

Normally people would add these one by one over time for example as they rped. I'm going to ask if you want this many systems and added tech i'm going to ask you do around 35-40 posts. I ask this because other people do 20 posts on average for a single stealth system, and while you don't have anything that special, you do have a larger quantity of enhanced technology.

These could be done in a series if you like rather than just one thread too.

Lastly rather than approx 5-10 you can just put 10 or 11 (whichever you prefer) for length and width and that should be fine. And if you could state how the communication scrambler would also effect yourself.

Cambry Owens

Thanks for replying.

I sort of went all out, to sort of see what was acceptable on my first try. But the majority of this stuff isn't stuff I actually need. If I could shave those bits off and get another review, would that be alright with you?

[member="Camellia Swift"]

Cambry Owens

There you are then, heavily edited. I included some explanations for the stuff inside this thing, hopefully that helps with things, but let me know if there's still a problem.
Thanks again.

[member="Cambry Owens"]

Ok now I'd only ask for 5-10 depending on quality. Just to cover the drop pod, ecm, and the remaining minor ifs. But if you did do a thread for the drop pod I can look at it and let you know if it works. (You mentioned doing something for Nexus so if its relevant it could cover the dev thread requirement then or make everything else easier)

Cambry Owens

Righto.
How do I handle a development thread for stuff that was supposedly gotten in the past? Especially the stuff gotten near the beginning of the ship's usage? And what sort of things would I put in a development thread in general?

[member="Cambry Owens"]

Past threads are acceptable, doing a thread where the agreement or purchase was made, or the installation. Or the application/use of the tech after gaining it in a manner to showcase/display it.

You could do a thread where he uses it for the first time. Do a few posts as he rides down through atmo, how he guides his ship in to pic him up after the work is done. The stealing of the ECM unit. Lots of things. Dev threads don't have to be boring pencil pushing. Part of the fun is finding interesting ways to do them, though that does risk going too out there and having the thread be irrelevant if you don't keep it focused on the acquiring or usage of the tech.

^ w ^

[member="Cambry Owens"] Please provide me with the original if you still have it I'd like to review it. With the dev threads, don't worry about them. Also [member="Camellia Swift"] I'm taking over this submission. Thank you.

Cambry Owens

I don't have the original, thanks to editing. I can point out the differences though.

Cambry Owens said:
Armament: Originally it had 4 Triple Blaster Cannons, 4 Ion Cannons, 1 Concussion, and 2 Turbolasers. Obviously, some of that was removed.
  • 3 Triple Blaster Cannons (With Stun Functionality)
  • 2 Ion Cannons
  • 1 Concussion Missile Launcher

Hangar: Unable to carry Fighters

Special Features: All blue text was added in the edit. Several things were removed, and several others had their quality toned down.
  • Target Marking and Identification program
    A system accessible by it's Droid Pilot. It's viewscreen utilizes a HUD that links to the one in Cambry's helmet. Simple, modern face and item recognition technology is used. No different from the tech used by most security services. In fact, it was...kind of stolen from one. Corellian Sec found one of their cruisers a bit busted up, and their camera footage of the incident missing.
  • Communications Relay
    A typical, slightly advanced Ship Comm Relay. Built into the Lassie ​after it's acquisition by Sprey.
  • Communications Scrambler
    Stolen from a repair shop he worked at, and fitted into the Lassie. It's a bit testy, and when activated, usually gives his own communications a heck of a fizz.
  • Jury-Rigged Communications Interceptor
    This thing only started working recently. He had received it for work when the Snivvian he was running parts for didn't want to pay him in Credits. Sold him the idea that this was more valuable. Either way, the cobbled-together technology is capable of doing simple breakthroughs onto comm channels, and grabbing nearby text-based messages. Capable, but not reliable.
  • Short-Range Audio Amplifier
    When directed at a source of sound, this device records it and funnels it back to the cock-pit. It's like any other Audio recorder, only directed.
  • Access to the Holonet and Cryptnet.
    Typical computer systems for any ship operating in a less than legal way. This was on it when Cambry got the ship.
  • Sensor Package
    Factory standard for any ship, this includes flight sensors, atmospheric data, and general technical readouts, including radar.
  • Advanced Engines + Supplemental Maneuvering Jets
    One of the first things Sprey fitted onto his ship was better engines; the things a heck of a clunker. Over the years, he eventually bought supplemental jets and had them installed on Corellia, just to further increase the ship's mobility. It wasn't cheap, but it makes getting through traffic easier.
  • Advanced Shields
    Factory standard for the YV-929, these things can take a beating, but sap power something fierce.
  • ECM Systems
    These can jam the targeting systems of missiles, making the ship less likely to get blown up. These were installed by Sprey during his time as a Mandalorian operative.
  • Sensor Scrambler
    A last ditch tool when facing trouble, this thing more or less shuts down the Lassie as well as any attempts to get a bead on it. Since it's so hit and miss, it wasn't hard for Cambry to get a hold of and install during his time working at the repair shop on Corellia.
  • Drop Pod
    Acquired by Cambry while working for Darth Morgoth and the Nexus Corportation, this was one of the first things he requested as part of his contract.

Not designed for ship combat, more for avoiding it.
Fairly old, requires consistent repairs.
Clunky shape, lowering in-atmosphere speed compared to sleeker vessels.
Has a lot of power-balancing issues. That has to be done manually. <-Added in Edit
Sorry that's not as good as having the original. Thanks a ton though, and let me know what else I need to do.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Cambry Owens

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

I'm really grateful for how just crazy generous that offer is, but honestly, I'll leave it how it is. Some of his equipment being kind of crappy sort of fits better with the character, and will make for more interesting situations later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom