Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lady is a Trap

Daxton knew the risks of being spotted by the Jedi by coming to Coruscant. It wasn't as if he was on their most favored allies list, but there were somethings one needed to do personally. The call to war against the Mandalorians went far and wide, yet few Masters heeded the call, much less bothered to show. Daxton was sent out to discover the reason for their failure to come.

That mission lead him to Coruscant, home of the hated Republic and their lapdogs the Jedi Knights. In a way, he could almost admire his target's audacity. Sith Mistress Kiara Decoix had to have some pair of stones to hide in the very shadow of her enemies. Part of him wished he wouldn't have to call her to task for her failure, but the master wishes had to be obeyed.

His only clue was name Alayna Dupree. A rather unremarkable name, he assumed she was either a pawn or a servant. Either way he would obtain from Ms. Dupree what information she had since she was his only link to the trail.

Adopting a disguise as a successful merchant, he decided the best approach was a direct one. Arriving her home in the upper city, he pressed the button which would announce his presence to the owner of the house.

'Mi'lady there is a man at the door requesting an audience with you." Said Ria, Alayna's most faithful servant.

Alayna's eyes were piqued with interested as she stared at the camera screen revealing the business man. How unusual for him to show at her door presumably to do business. She never really was the type to do house calls, there was too much risk in things like that. Alayna smiled for a second before pinging the button to allow him in.

Alayna allowed the force dominion over her sight, as she didn't trust this not one bit. She could literally see the dark side teeming off of him, and could feel the force grow heavier. Her place held traces of the dark side but not anything that this man's own strength wouldn't overshadow. Her current aura was withdrawn made so small she would appear to be a normal non-force sensitive.

Daxton's eyes quickly scanned the room in a glance as he was lead inside, his trained eyes looked for traps and hidden surveillance devices as well as possible guards and defenses. He did not expect much trouble from a mere cats pawn, but it never hurt to be sure.

When he entered the room, he gave her a polite formal bow, and lied with honey coated words, "Greetings. My name is Touk Dominator, and I represent certain individuals who wish to conduct business with you."

This man wanted to play coy, a smile rose from seemingly no where but really from that thought. She crossed her legs and suddenly allowed an air of boring to be placed in the air. Alayna stood slowly walking elegantly to her caf machine, completely turning her back to the man. It wasn't a ploy or anything she just knew she would feel him before he struck if he was brash enough to strike at the first sign of an advantage. As she mixed her drink she decided to speak to this man, if he was going to beat around the bush; she would certainly play along for now.

"What could you individuals have to offer me that I don't already have access too?" It was a rather pointed question and the same question she would ask if she felt like this was a real business meeting.

Ria refused to leave the room as it seemed, she was the only one of her servants that she allowed to learn of the force. She could tell something was definitely off about what was going on and what she knew about her Mistress. Alayna shot her a look that spoke that she understood how she was feeling but to remain calm. The dark side was wrapping it's grip around Ria, she could see it playing on her fears and worry it would send Ria in a frenzy if left unchecked for too long.

"So tell me, what is it your truly here for Sith." Alayna asked and as she asked she pondered dropping the Alayna illusion she had active and revealing herself but she thought she'd wait and play defenseless for a little while longer. As she finished speaking she finally had arrived back to her seat and crossed her legs while leaning her head slightly to the left ask if she was really interested.

"Ah so you saw through my disguise. My congratulations, it is rare that one can see me for who I truly am. Well enough of the games then. I come for information. I seek the Lady Kiara Alanna Decoix. It has come to my attention that you would know how to find her. Tell me where she can be found and no harm will come to you and your household." Although his words were sweet, it was clear from his tone that he dismissed the capability of the servant as being beneath his notice.

"And what makes you think that I would betray the Lady? You think I value any of my servants lives, and do you think if I for a moment thought that you could harm me that I would have allowed you in here?" She laughed as the thought was laughable and because she knew that it would piss the Sith off. An enraged Sith was more dangerous but usually stupider at the same time.

With this she casually took a sip of her caf, not even bothering too look at Daxton. Depending on how sensitive his force senses were he may have felt a force protection bubble forming over Ria. Alayna may have been sure she was safe but weirdly she wasn't willing to test who could get to Ria first. Alayna knew even as a Sith that attachments could be troublesome but Alayna knew that either way it would strengthen her through whatever trial she would have to face by having them.

"Now maybe if you ask nicely I can relay a message to my mistress." She said this with the warmest smile on her face but with a tone so cold it might as well be poisonous.

Sighing softly and shaking his head ruefully, "Is that really necessary, my dear? The bluster, the bravado. I'm sure that works most of the time. But it will not work on me. I come with a message for your mistress. Now we could do it the easy way and no one gets hurt or we can do it the hard way. Although I would suspect you would enjoy the later. I don't know about you, but you seem to have a rather nice home, it would be a pity if we torn the place down just for the information I seek. Take me to your mistress and we can avoid all that unnecessary unpleasantness."

A smart observer could see that although he gave the appearance of outward calm, Daxton was already planning his route of attack should they prove to be reluctant to being reasonable.

When he threatened her and her place, Kiara decided that it was time for Alayna to go away. She finally allowed her aura to be felt within the force, it's sheer presence when combined with the darkness Daxton held within made the room very oppressive. However, she only allow her full presence to be felt for a second, she knew that with living in the upper city that it was much easier for someone of her strength to be felt. She usually could feel another of miralukan descent feeling out for her in the few moments her focus had slipped but she usually danced just outside of his perceptions which were in fact remarkably strong for a jedi.

However, she pulled her head back to the present and let him watch as the contacts that changed her eye color burn clean off. Revealing her dark sided eyes of red, and he would see her hair turn from light brown to jet black. And finally as she stood up and leaned her head to the side, her face seemingly cracked like glass but really it was the effect of her illusion on her looks falling away. What he now saw was her Fiona Meliodi face but she knew he didn't know what she was supposed to look like. No one every knows what her true face is except for her and those lucky enough to still be alive from her childhood.

"My my all that aggression just to bring me out? This better be good Knight." Now her words were full of the laced venom that most Sith were known for. When around other Sith she becomes more aggression than normally because she knows that they will never respect a quiet leader. "A woman can't even enjoy caf without having to get all worked up." She muttered to herself before looking over at Ria saying "Ria why don't gone and leave for the day, practice your force shield cause now you see why it's so useful."

Truthfully, she really didn't want Ria to see how evil Kiara could truly be.

Well this was an unexpected development. The woman who he dismissed as a servant was really the dark mistress he was seeking. A flicker of concern crossed his mind for a brief second, as it would seem he was outplayed. Damn it to the Seven Hells, why didn't his Intelligence warn him of this possibility.

Careful to keep the mask of calm on his face, Daxton said calmly, "Ah so that was were you were. My congratulations Dark Lady. Well played indeed. What I have is for your ears and your ears alone." Waiting for the one called Ria to leave the room and close the door behind her, Daxton continued, "The Pillar of Strength Lord Moridin sends his greetings and wishes to know why you did not answer the call to battle against the Mandalorians on Junction. A united front against our common enemies was required."

Although he said it calmly, Daxton was slowly building up his reserves of Dark Force, should it come down to a fight, he was more than ready to deal with any renegade Sith Masters.

Kiara laughed as the man questioned her on behalf of Lord Moridin, she slowly stood up as she could feel the force churning. She cocked her head to the left for a moment, her hands finding themselves on two of her four saber hilts. She simply smiled as she slowly made her way down the steps to face Daxton.

"Well if they sent you he sent you, he must have imagined that you could actually kill me." When she said this her voice grew malice as the dark side began corrupting her voice. She was slowly pulling the force, naturally as a master she naturally held reserves but it was always smarter to channel more.

"Moridin knows I answer to none other but my own will. I am the Sith Mistress after all."

"But come, it seems like you wanna test my strength."

Kiara quickly drew her twin sabers, igniting them in a flourish of spins. As she opened her body up to the dark side, she shifted into a Djem So stance. It was her first known lightsaber form besides shi-cho; she had only stopped using it primarily while she was too weak to meet it's demands. But now that she was strong, she was deadly with the form.

A dark reddish glow began to encloak her figure, which was her force shield. Without warning she unleashed a force wave to provide space and because this was a rather small room.

Daxton acted as if the escalating tension were the least of his concerns, brushing off imaginary dirt from his sleeve with a gesture as he rose from his chair. "I was hoping to keep this civilized but since you desire a test of strength. Then I will be more than pleased to oblige." Igniting a pair of orange tinged sabers in a cross draw which kept the blades hissing where they met, while dropping into the Juyo opening stance, forming the pincer motions. One that he modified to suit his own fighting style as a third lightsaber ignited electric blue to form his stinger.

"He must have thought I could handle you since I nearly killed him." Dodging the force wave, Daxton began a series of lightning strikes and feints, testing his opponent's defenses and probing her weaknesses.

Noticing that her force wave had been dodge, she quickly leaped into the air arcing into a tight backflip that gained her much needed space. She smiled maliciously as she began to let the dark side take her now that she could feel Ria's presence leaving. As he stepped forward dropping into his stance, Kiara switched to her Ataru stance. This stance was her favorite when combined with her magic.

Dark tendrils began to come from the ground, their touch oozing with it's withering embrace. Her tendrils were ones of the old sith, hers were deadly upon touch normally as they ate whatever they touched.

Two leaped for his blades, the other two diverged off one attempting to wrap it'self around Daxton's torso and the other attempting to grab his left leg. All with that Kiara sped toward him throwing her saber out, to fly past Daxton still ignited only to call it back with Daxton in it's way. She would use her running toward him as a mere trick to fool the sith.

(Im sorry for taking so long to post but I'm confused? You know her tendrils can 'eat' you right? Like I just want everything to be fair and you let them wrap around you so I don't understand why? )

(Before they can get to me they will eat first through my merchant's disguise to reveal the armor I am wearing underneath which is when I attempt to shoot you with my needles, hopefully breaking your concentration before lasting damage is done. If I got the tendril part wrong, tell me so I can edit the post. Thank you.)

(No, nothings wrong it's just that from I read in the Bane series about the sorcery tendrils is that they literally eat through everything. And the fact that you let it wrap around you would mean a lot of damage considering I already got his left leg too. I just wanted to make sure you understood that to avoid any negative feelings because I don't intend to step on any toes.)

(Can you give me an idea how fast? I haven't had a chance to read the series in question so I would need to know how fast are we talking about here. If its too fast, then I will alter my actions in the post.)

As the tendrils reached out to wrapped themselves around him, Daxton paused as if moving in a Niman defensive cross stance, but nimbly dodge out of the tentacles way at the last second. As soon as she was in range triggered his wrist needlers to fire dozens of poisoned tipped projectiles her way, in an unexpected and devastating attack. Each needle was coated with his special concoction made from Affide Crystal and Bundar Root. One needle held enough toxin to slow down respiration, induced muscle spasms, and short term memory loss resulting in difficulty concentrating and using the Force. He had taken into account that she was a Master of the Force, but even a few glancing hits would be enough to slow her down.

Landing on his feet, he immediately parried the returning blade, seizing it with the force and then hurling it back towards its owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom