Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kvothe Space Complex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakieh Atur

The Watchman's Apprentice
KVOTHE SPACE COMPLEX
6746dff2065b72c79dfcbe4040d21f4d.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Space Station Name: Kvothe Space Complex
  • Station Model: Empress-class Space Station
  • Classification: Civillian, Industrial
  • Affiliation: Official under the jurisdiction of the Corporate Oligarchy of Ord Trasi, however it is maintained and unofficially owned by Kvothe Fabrications and shared to some extent by Kvothe beneficiaries
  • Population: Heavily Populated
  • Demographics: Though the population has a split majority between Humans and Near-Humans, and despite the fact that the concentration of the other races are few and far between in comparison to the collective majority the aforementioned two, demographics across the board the generally the same, particularly in regards to education level, income level, occupation, birth rate, death rate, and average size of family, though there are exceptions to the rule, for example, in average wealth, typically represented by an graph which would detail 90% of wealth aboard the station being in the hands of about 10% of the total population
    [ 30% Human, 30% Near-Human, 13% Muun, 12% Mon Calamari, 3% Twi'lek, 2% Devorian, 10% Other ]

[*]Accessibility: The station itself can be seen in plain sight orbiting the planet of Ord Trasi. In an effort to promote business, The Kvothe Space Complex is open to the public and has frequent inbound and outbound transport ships, though inhabitants of the station are strongly discouraged from leaving the station.
[*]Description: The Kvothe Space Complex is a large repurposed and refurbished Empress-class Space Station, officially under the jurisdiction of Ord Trasi, but truly under the control and maintenance of Kvothe Fabrications. The purpose of the station is two fold: it serves, of course, first and foremost as the major base of operations for the fabrications, imports, and exports of Kvothe Fabrications, as the corporation was not able to secure a "decent" cut of the land on Ord Trasi to be able to maintain optimal operations on the planet but instead was able to cut a deal with the Oligarchy and secure the rights to operations in Ord Trasi space; it serves second as a civilian structure, housing nearly 80% of the labour force of the corporation, the other 20% being undocumented workers or citizens who live on the surface that were not able to occupations on the surface. As a result, the internal structuring of the station allowed for the executives of the corporation to organise the ability to perform most all in-person trade deals, labour, and other miscellaneous tasks aboard the station itself. In an attempt to promote business and business relations, Kvothe Fabrications pays a 2% tithe in order to free its customers and citizens from surface taxes, hence making it an opportunity for Trasians to "better" their lives and promote "cleaner" business
DEFENSES

Like the traditional Empress-class Space Station it was refurbished from, it sports similar defenses, though not nearly as many as the original station might have had. In exchange for the lack of firepower, The Kvothe Space Complex has a high power shield generator and a much larger dedicated fighter bay, though it is currently empty due to recent financial burdens

POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Fighter Bays
    Directly below the Lower Civilian Sector and the most notable location nearest to the bottom of the spire that is the space station, the Fighter Bays were arguable one of the most important sections of the station, being capable of holding the most reliable defense on the station, being able to hold somewhere around 20 squadrons of small fighters

[*]Lower Civillian Sector
  • Directly above the Fighter Bays and seen as the circular portion near the bottom of the spire, the Lower Civillian Sector houses the majority of the population of the Kvothe Space Complex, housing around 70% of the population, all being workers with little means, hardly enough to afford day to day living expenses. Housing is particularly cramped in this sector, and continues to grow more so as more and more people come in looking for work. Though the work that the majority of the citizens of the space station partake in is fairly well payed, the majority of these monies go towards import taxes, which in turn affords them free housing and rations. This sector is the only sector that provides the aforementioned benefits as compensation for also being the only sector that is taxed as heavily as it is. Despite this, there is always extra money to go around, and the money is either used to provide entrepreneurial services or pay for such services, as both have a tendency to be expensive and hard to maintain. The entirety of the Twi'lek and Devorian populations can be found here.

[*]The Docks
  • Found directly above the Lower Civillian Sector and seen as the large ring protruding from the spire, The Docks serve multiple purposes. First and foremost, The Docks serve as the primary means of import and export, constantly seeing ships come and go with supplies that run typically across the Braxant Run. Secondly, they serve as a Civillian port, accepting and sending off transports ships at a less frequent rate than that of the trade ships. Originally, The Docks were designed to be a shipyard in which large scale ships could undergo construction, and while the feature still remains, the function has yet to be utilised in a long time. This is also where 90% of all fabrication operations are located.

[*]Upper Civillian Sector
  • Directly above The Docks and its ends distinguishable only by the slight protrusion of the Executive Sector above it, the Upper Civillian Sector houses 20% of the population, most of which are of more means than that of the previous 70 housed in the Lower Civillian Sector. Because of this, the Upper Civillian Sector boasts an increase in amenities and the qualities of such, such as, but not limited to, entertainment. This is where the majority of the Muun population is located.

[*]The Special Fabrications Sector
  • Found directly behind the Upper Civillian Sector and continuing to climb up the spire until reaching the Kvothe Headquarters, The Special Fabrications Sector (or SFS) is dedicated to fabrications specifically concerning commissions or specific fabrications that are not common to Kvothe Fabrications' fabrications. This particular sector has seen little use since a recent decline in business.

[*]The Executive Sector and Kvothe Headquarters
  • The uppermost part of the spire, the spherical area in the back being the headquarters, The Executive Sector and Kvothe Headquarters house the remainder of the population, executives, and beneficiaries of Kvothe Fabrications. These particular sectors contain the most and most extravagant amenities, and serve as both the head of the corporation and the head of the effective government of the station, as the Oligarchy of Ord Trasi does little dabbling the politics of the station, considering it doesn't concern that of the other corporations on Ord Trasi, as most of them don't have any share in the station, Kvothe Fabrications, or interest in either of the two.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Before the events of the Gulag Plague, during the time of the Rebellion and before the Battle of Yavin, the original Empress-class space station was commissioned by rebel forces and designed as a forward scouting outpost to keep an eye on Imperial activity on the planet of Ord Trasi. The station was then attacked and commandeered by Imperial forces, turning it into a lookout station for Rebel activity around the planet. The station was decommissioned soon after the Battle of Yavin and wasn't touched after the Rebel victory. The station steadily decayed after that, and during the events of the Gulag Plague and the 400 years of darkness the station was forgotten, slowly being drawn closer and closer to Ord Trasi. During the events of Netherworld a commission was set after a deal struck between Kvothe Fabrications and The Ord Trasi Oligarchy to refurbish the station into a space complex under the jurisdiction of Kvothe Fabrications. During this time period, the previous owner of Kvothe Fabrications, Kiara Lavellan, passed away, and thus the corporation underwent a regency of sorts until Kiara's daughter, [member="Kezia Lavellan"], was old enough to take command of the company. This particular time period struck a decline in business, which continued to fall after the events of the Netherworld. [member="Kezia Lavellan"] is now the effective owner of the station, unless The Ord Trasi Oligarchy decides to intervene in some fashion.

Rakieh Atur

I would like to note that this is my first time having submitted a location for creation, and as such, I'm sure there will be plenty of mistakes or issues to be found. That also being said, I may have done everything backwards. If that is the case, let me know. I may have some questions as to the direction I should take in order to finish this submission and any other submission that might include/involve this particular one. In short, I am terribly sorry if this particular post is a pain to manage.

Thank you for you patience, and I really appreciate all the hard work you judges do!

[member="Rakieh Atur"]

Rakieh Atur said:
Kvothe Fabrications
Considering how closely tied this station is to Kvothe Fabrications, please place a hyperlink to the company in the affiliation section.

Rakieh Atur said:
being able to hold somewhere around 20 squadrons of small fighters
The original Empress-Class Space Station could only hold three squadrons. If it was really refurbished to such a degree as to add seventeen more squadrons, this will require an approved factory sub before I can stamp this.

Rakieh Atur

[member="Feeto Chivaro"]

Sounds good. Ill have those up and linked by as late as Monday night. Definitely did this backwards…

I have two questions in regards to the factory sub for the space station. If i post it with the specifications and the factory judge judging it finds that I need a restricted mission thread for whatever reason, what should I expect to see in regards to that? Im not quite sure what Restricted Missions entail or how they are written. Second question is in regards to the fighter bays. If i were to cut down the amount of bays to hold, say, 4 or 5, would that still be an unacceptable amount and require a factory sub, or would those parameters be more acceptable with the base station model provided?

[member="Rakieh Atur"]

Rakieh Atur said:
If i post it with the specifications and the factory judge judging it finds that I need a restricted mission thread for whatever reason, what should I expect to see in regards to that?
The only way a factory judge would be able to compel you to complete a restricted mission thread is if this includes a restricted material. The list of restricted materials can be found here. I didn't notice any mention of a material that would be considered restricted on my first read-through of this submission. If your submission does include a restricted material, you will have to complete an objective corresponding to that material. For instance, if this station were made out of Impervium, you would need to either successfully win a tournament or win two duels in a rebellion/invasion thread.

If you have further questions regarding this, here is the Factory Q&A Thread.

Rakieh Atur said:
If i were to cut down the amount of bays to hold, say, 4 or 5, would that still be an unacceptable amount and require a factory sub
Since this is not only a refurbishment of comparatively ancient technology, but the station itself is well over eight centuries old, the maximum number of squadrons I can allow is what's listed in the Wookiepedia entry: Three.

Rakieh Atur

[member="Feeto Chivaro"]

Have updated the post to include a link to Kvothe Fabrications as requested. This is the thread detailing the class of the station that the complex is modeled off of, just waiting on approval http://starwarsrp.net/topic/108089-maer-class-orbital-complex/

I apologise for the amount of time that this particular submission is taking to complete... once the submission for the station model is complete, I would work diligently on updating all related sections of this post accordingly, then I will inform you of the updates accordingly

[member="Rakieh Atur"]

No worries, it happens. I'm going to move this to the pre-codex.

Please tag me when this is ready to be removed and we'll bring it back out here.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Rakieh Atur"]

This sub has reached the two week limit allowed in the Pre-Codex and will be archived. To have it removed from the archives, please PM either the Codex Admin or a Codex RPJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom