Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The King's Guillotine

illyrian300.png

DISPATCH

Executioner. Decommissioner. Adjudicator
The King's Guillotine
Hand of Death

Lady Mercy

The Royal Hall had been cleared for the private affairs of the King. There were some who yet remained in his presence, but their attendance was nothing more than honors of their station. Those who did remain in the hall were nowhere near the King himself, instead they watched from a balcony on the second level of the throne room. The massive hall was crafted for the King to receive his audiences upon his throne. The hall itself was beautifully designed with a champagne interior with a secondary of black and amethyst. Gold to represent the crown and the Monarchy, purple and black to represent House Malvern who claimed said throne. Long banners of black and purple flowed down from the balconies, a display of power and presence that few would ever forget. The King himself stood before the throne, descending the shallow steps to the figure that knelt before him.

Brushing a stray hair from his face, he looked to Donne Toulemonde Donne Toulemonde with a cold, yet approving gaze. "As a Knight you are the defender of the Illyrian way. A guide to those who have lost their way, a watcher for those without sight." His hand came down to his waist, pulling the luxurious lightsaber that hung from his waist. He'd dubbed the weapon the Kingsaber, as it was a true reflection of the power of a King. "But you are more than a Knight." He continued, his lightsaber coming to life with a single fluid motion. The snap-hiss echoed out as the low hum of the weapon could be heard through out the hall. "You were my apprentice." He said confidently. He walked towards the woman, taking notice of the flawless platinum strands and pristine silver eyes that gazed up at him. "The galaxy is a harsh place and we will defend our home from all that dare threaten our way." His lightsaber came down to hover over the woman's shoulder. "In the days to come your steadfast loyalty and destructive power shall be one of my greatest weapons." He said, before bringing the lightsaber over to her other shoulder.

The King pulled the lightsaber from the woman's shoulder before deactivating the harsh amethyst blade. "Now, rise."

"Darth Arbiter."

Once the Sith Knight rose from where she stood, Adron turned from her though he did not immediately head for his throne. Instead the man made his way to a nearby bar cart that had been placed for his pleasure. The King approached it, speaking to Donne as he did. "The galaxy is shifting as I have foreseen. However, there is still much to be done if my plans are to be brought to fruition. Many of my plans will involve you." He said pointedly, pouring a glass of whiskey. "Illyria is the gem of the galaxy. It is time others know it. That is why I have arranged for you to take up a position outside of your homeworld." He said, his eyes dancing over the amber liquid before drinking a bit of it down happily. After the warm rush had filled his throat and the soft burn reached his chest, the King gestured to the bar cart in a silent offering to the woman. "I've arranged for you to join the Knight's Obsidian, a prominent Force Order in The Confederacy. With your skills you should quickly become a powerful factor in their ranks, soon enough you'll hold sway among them." He told her.

"It will be your time to prove to the Galaxy just how powerful an Illyrian can be." He said with certainty.

wrappingpaper.png

Donne didn't like the Royal Hall much. In fact, she didn't like any of Palace. She had found her years there had been...oppressive. The halls engendered a sense of finesse that was decidedly lacking in her approach to life. Her personal philosophy had been to hit something bigger than her repeatedly and with brute force. It had all been quite natural to her, considering her unnatural placement in the care of her master. She had come to loathe the swirling pomp that filled the air on Illyria but her loyalty to her master was without falter. As King, she regarded him with a polite courtesy; as master and Sith Lord he was all. He had cultivated her affinity with the pursuance of inner truth, the pursuance of personal growth. He had trained her to push her body beyond its limits, both corporal and spiritual. He had sustainably bested her skills with a sabre, though she knew she could certainly deliver a sustained and ferocious assault with the Force. She knew she had prowess there, a lifetime of quiet fury that was ready to eviscerate even the quietest of scenarios with a wince.

She was close to completing her trials. Whilst serving as a Knight-Bachelor, her pathway to her true and essential fulfilment was the one that her Master had walked before her. As the way of the Sith was, she would have to take her own path. She would enjoy serving as an enforcer of justice, something she felt she had been denied so long.

Another angsty rant she though to herself. It was the Palace that did it. She did not feel comfortable. I guess it reminded her of how far she come from her beginnings, and that meant how far she had to go to get back to what she wanted: answers.

She walked towards Adron Malvern Adron Malvern . He was there, his usual swag on display. He was impish and charming to most; not to her. He was a brutalist and unyielding. He had the ability to run the exercise again and again, without giving her time to recover. He had lectured something about the real world not giving you chances to take a breather.

In-between healthy glugs of wine she thought again.

He threw his apprentice off a cliff.

Oh look. The bar cart is in service today.

She knelt before him. She flinched as the sabre ignited. She was on edge and not focusing.

This damn Palace.

He spoke.

She listened.

Did he just say ‘were’?

She looked up, locking eyes with her master. The Kingsaber danced above her garbed shoulder, bobbing and then gliding above her head, repeating the gesture on the other side.

“Now, Rise. Darth Arbiter”

She blinked. She tried not to show too much recognition of the fact. He had just elevated her from apprentice to fledgling Sith Knight. She would not let him down She would not let herself down. He spoke of the future, of the Galaxy. She had barely thought outside of her training and Illyria, let alone the fate of the wider Galaxy. She knew he wasn’t stupid. He would be using her as a pawn in his game, the game that nobody else realised Malvern was always playing and by the time they did, he had arranged for all their pieces to be mysteriously taken away…and crushed.

He spoke of an order. The Knights Obsidian.

So she would be in service to a foreign power? To what end?

She spoke at last.

“My Lord. You have honoured my struggle today. I am grateful to you. I will serve at your behest, even if it is for these…Dark Knights.”

So this was the future. One of darkness.

illyrian300.png

DARTH ARBITER

The King took his crystal, turning from the bar cart while he listened to his apprentice's words. He found them rather amusing, how the woman presented herself before him. She was not like most Illyrian women. Though holding a good amount of etiquette and poise she did not carry herself as a beautiful flower or mystical treasure. She was a warrior, a Knight, a defender of their way whose only goal was to be a part of something greater than herself. She was Illyria. Much like Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer she served as the perfect example of why the Illyrian Knighthood existed.

"The Knight's Obsidian are the Judicial force of The Confederacy. It is their duty to uphold the laws of The Confederacy. You will join their ranks and repay my training with your ascension." He explained. It was a careful move. He could not trust that those within the Knight's Obsidian, such as Kyyrk Kyyrk and Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner would act in the best interests of House Malvern and Illyria. Certainly the two men were loyal and proficient, however Adron would rather see one of his own in a place of power rather than those two.

The King walked towards the center of the room, though it quickly became obvious that he was making his way into the main hall, gesturing for the Knight to follow. "You will leave my side and in the greater Confederacy you will flourish. In a way it is why I have crafted you. You will go on to serve not only as the Guillotine of Illyria, but the Guillotine of The Confederacy. You will enjoy laurels and victories as well as suffer embarrassment and defeat. I urge you to accept that the galaxy around you is in constant flux, but with proper attention you will master the flow." The two soon found themselves outside of the palace walls. Adron could sense how the formal setting was putting the woman on edge, better to step outside and enjoy a bit of fresh air. They stepped into a courtyard where Adron looked to the Knight and spoke evenly.

"Remember. Patience is the key to success Darth Arbiter. Know when to release your furiosity and when to keep it sheathed. Never allow others even a glimpse into your mind...or surely they will own you." He told her.

The King took another measured sip from his crystal before placing a single hand behind his back. "I will depart for Naboo soon. When I go, you will leave as well. I sense change comes. We must be ready if we are to grasp at opportunity, do you understand this?" He asked her.

wrappingpaper.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom