Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Hunt Begins.

Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla
Rorlin Kos Rorlin Kos
Sars Sarad Sars Sarad

It was morning time on the planet Cholganna, and deep within one of the many jungles lay the compound of the Underboss Murba. It was a lightly fortified circular complex with outlying watchtowers and central structures. There was a mist covering the canopies of the trees caressing them with it's presence, with the sun gently warming Murba's skin as he hovered around his compound on a personal hovercraft. Ahead of him was his favorite Nexu, Claw, an adult female with a brown coat with black streaks. Claw's tail flicked apprehensively behind her as she stalked forward infront of the Hutt, occasionally jerking forward playfully pouncing towards invisible prey. "Claw, must you be so energetic in the mornings? I've yet to even greet our guests who are meant to be arriving soon!" Claw tilted her head looking back at the Hutt before laying down.

Murba settled himself near the entrance to largest structure in the compound which also served as his private sanctuary. Murba licked his lips, giving a glancing look to Claw. "Hopefully these mercenaries won't keep us waiting any longer. I am growing restless! The longer we wait, Claw, the more chances that we'll miss out on a good hunt..but I suppose patience is the trait that separates good hunters, from great ones." Claw arched her back in response, and then stretched to lay down near him. Murba recalled the conversation he had with his new boss some time back shortly after he had joined the Crymorah Syndicate. He had asked him to spread the word that he was in need of skilled hunters and mercenaries to assist him in capturing a group of Nexu that had been evading him for some time, and now it was time to wait and see who answered the call.

Last edited:
The YT-2400 known as "Wandering Star" began her descent upon the planet of Cholganna. Her blunt design naturally formed a force shield against the atmosphere and the extreme heat it bares upon any object that dared to breach it. Reentry was always exciting, a pilot may have done it thousands of times but a single mistake could mean life or death. It certainly wasn't a time to let complacency take over. Rorlin was at the command, his hands gripping the W-shaped yoke and gently piloting the Wandering Star as atmospheric fire engulfed the ship. He was working in tandem with both the ship's computer and the Astromech droid named 'Top". All three work like a well-oiled machine, keeping the ship in the proper attitude of descent at forty degrees.

Top let off a few excited beeps of warning to Rorlin.

"Kriff off!" The kiffar snarled back, adjusting the ship's downward angle back to forty degrees.

Yes, a well-oiled machine they were. Well, enough to get through the planet's atmo safely and on a trajectory towards their contact's rendezvous coordinates. Rorlin keyed the ship's PA "Time to wake up and look alive!" He alerted his passengers who were back in the ship somewhere. The compound came up quickly and Rorlin was able to make a smooth landing on one of the open landing pads, barely visible through the jungle's canopy. The Wandering Star thudded as her landing gear touched the duracrete pad, making the descent complete. Rorlin powered the engines down and took a quick look over all the system monitors, looking for any alerts that needed handling.

Once satisfied the ship was all in one piece, The kiffar rose from the pilot's chair and left the cockpit, heading towards the loading ramp where the rest of the team would be debarking.

Murba Jiidak Anzani Murba Jiidak Anzani Sars Sarad Sars Sarad Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

Murba had been feeding Claw a large chunk of meat when he had seen the ship crest over the trees cutting a swathe through the misty canopy as it descended onto the landing platform. He admired the vessel as it finished the descent and docked, making mental notes of it's size and shape. He then lead Claw towards the docked ship as four handlers garbed in duraplast and leather armor goaded a pack of Nexu into a nearby enclosure, the beasts were getting into an excitable frenzy from the commotion, becoming a pack of lethal snapping jaws and mewling howls - Murba barked an order to have put away lest their guest became a meal.

Murba stopped his small hovercraft several feet from the loading ramp as the final hums of the engines began to die down, several guards and closer associates peered out along the complex in curiosity as it wasn't often that they would get visitors. Murba could almost feel their gaze, and turned around to eye his men. They were loyal, but they were still ruffians at times. He didn't want them to disturb his new guest..or guests.

Murba licked his lips and he clasped his hands together as the ramp began to open with a hiss. "Welcome! Welcome to Cholganna!" Claw looked at the newcomers with a mix of both curiosity, and tension - were they predator, or prey? Her tail swished anxiously as she heard her master welcome their new guests.

Rorlin Kos Rorlin Kos Sars Sarad Sars Sarad Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

Kriff. He was late. Zinayn's small shuttle swooped over the treetops, approaching the circular compound in the middle of the misty forest. He heard some twigs snapping under his vessel, but that was alright. This landing was tricky anyway.

The Chiss set his shuttle down next to another, and he saw that the Hutt was already out there, greeting those that arrived in the other ship. Maybe he wasn't too late. Zinayn checked under his robes, making sure his lightsaber was there, and hit the ramp release button. It folded down neatly, and fumes of jet exhaust fired out by the ramp, cloaking him in smoke. Rather dramatic. But so was this mission he'd decided to go on. Catching Nexu? Not usually something Zinayn did. But just for the sake of fun, he decided to accept the challenge.

Once he had cleared the smoke, he stepped off the landing pad and waved towards the Hutt.

"Hello there!"

Rorlin Kos Rorlin Kos Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla Sars Sarad Sars Sarad Murba Jiidak Anzani Murba Jiidak Anzani

Perhaps Murba had underestimated the reach of the Crymorah Syndicate, he hadn't expected another vessel to arrive shortly after the other. He chuckled to himself. This hunt shall be quite interesting indeed, he thought. Claw turned her head sharply, the dark Nexu bounding over to the man getting the measure of him, she skidded to a halt sending dust flying towards him, she circled him, stalking around him. Murba held his hands up asking for the newcomers he had been greeting to hold off for a moment, they had been exchanging pleasantries so no business had been conducted yet. "Welcome to Cholganna, friend! I assume you had caught wind of this venture from some of the Syndicates associates..-" Murba had paused for a moment, robed figure eh? Suspicious. "-Ahem- My friend, you're most welcome to my humble abode!" Murba stretched a hand over his estate. "Don't mind Claw, she enjoys toying with strangers at times.. felines, you must understand, are inquisitive creatures.. even if they're predators through and through." Claw had hunched down and crawled back towards Murba, she could sense her master's veiled tone and decided to not jump on the poor fellow, lest she feel the shock of her collar!

"Tell me, what do you think of my home?" Murba inquired as the handlers from earlier had finally finished settling the nexu pack they had corralled into an enclosure in the distance, then made their way into a barracks nearby.

It was about noon at this time now, the sun reached it's peak in the sky, and the mists began to dissipate as the warmth of Cholganna evaporated them.

Rorlin Kos Rorlin Kos Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla Sars Sarad Sars Sarad Zinayn Zinayn

"Your home is quite lovely and extravagant, Your Excellence. Perfect for someone of your stature and honor," Zinayn said, bowing with respect to the Hutt before him. He lied about the stature and honor part, of course. But he lied well. He had to resist the urge to say, What do you think when you see poor folks living on the streets?

He had to remind himself that most Hutts were quite greedy, and this one was probably no exception. But even if Zinayn didn't like working with those in criminal syndicates and such, this job was too interesting to miss out on. "When do we begin?"

Rorlin Kos Rorlin Kos Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla Sars Sarad Sars Sarad Murba Jiidak Anzani Murba Jiidak Anzani

Up to this point Sarad had remained seated somewhere in the hold of the 'Wandering Star' but now that it had made planet side he rose to disembark with the others.

Meeting Rorlin Kos Rorlin Kos at the ramp he shared a look with the man, an associate though not necessarily a friend and would have remarked…

"This feels like it could be a waste of time."

…Sarad was less a Mercenary than one might think, he traveled the Galaxy looking to test himself; primarily against other Force Users in a show of martial prowess. What they were doing now was outside of the norm for him but he accepted that the force lead him and therefore there was some purpose to him being here.

He'd move down the ramp, noting too that others were present such as a Mandalorian, Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla who he was not particularly acquainted with though he knew her culture and had crossed paths with many of those who claimed to follow the Mando'ade.

As he came to the bottom of the ramp his eyes set onto Murba Jiidak Anzani Murba Jiidak Anzani , the Hutt and another, Zinayn Zinayn who seemed to be Chiss in origin. The Force permeated from him though Sarad didn't seem compelled to challenge him at this point. Instead, after his lead foot came off the ramp descending the starship Sarad moved off to the side and listened….

Quite the interesting group Murba thought to himself as he began to lead the group into his home, the central structure of the compound. The building was made with functionality and efficiency of space in mind, and many of his Hutt brethren would likely scoff at such a "simple" dwelling. Murba spoke to them all at once, with Claw going up to each of them, taking in their scent.. "Thank you all for your consideration in joining this venture. As you know, you've all been directed here by associates both far and wide." Murba eyed them all over before continuing. "What you don't know is that this isn't just some wild Bantha chase. We're hunting Nexu, and not just one, several." Murba activated a holo-recording for the group to see, pulling up security footage that involved at least 3 separate Nexu of varying size. "These animals have been a serious thorn in my side. Gnawing through power cables, picking off night sentries, riling up my other Nexu!" Murba grumbled loudly.

"We've tracked them unsuccessfully in the surrounding jungles which is even more surprising to me. We've no idea where they're going, or how they're escaping us so quickly." Murba moved to retrieve a glass and pour himself some wine. "This will be exceedingly dangerous, Nexu are apex predators. What makes this more dangerous is that we're taking them alive." Murba sipped his wine, downing it in one upturn of the glass. "We begin tomorrow. If you have any other questions or inquiries feel free to ask. The compound is yours to explore, but don't travel outside of it. The wilds here are beyond dangerous, and with those 3 beasts on the loose you'd prefer not to give them the home field advantage." Murba went to each and shook their hands in turn, before making his way back outside with Claw to enjoy the afternoon sunshine.

Rorlin Kos Rorlin Kos Sars Sarad Sars Sarad Zinayn Zinayn

Of course, the Thrysian half-breed would think this was a waste of time. Anything other than clashing his sabers against a worthy opponent was a waste of time for Sars. Rorlin gave a slight grin of amusement towards his friend's disinterest in their current task. "If you started making credits off those duels we wouldn't need to be out in the middle of nowhere at the behest of an oversized Slug! Maintenance on the 'Star' is not cheap!" The kiffar reminded his accomplice as they walked down the ramp towards the Hutt and his entourage.

The Hutt greeted them in the common tongue, catching Rorlin off guard. His dealings with the Hutts were always in Huttese, for the Hutts were above the lower race's language. This was certainly a sign of how far the Hutts had fallen in the galaxy. Was a small amusement for the Kiffar for he generally disliked the creatures in principle, but he would rarely let personal feelings get in the way of business. Murba's briefing was short and straight to the point. They were to be hunting Nexu the next day.

The Hutt shook their hands, another gesture Rorlin was not used to coming from their species, and he left leaving the three behind. The kiffar looked over to the robed figure with curiosity. He could sense the force radiating from him making it obvious he was some sort of Adept or Acolyte. The blue skin and red eyes were a dead giveaway of the Chiss. Force Users were a dime a dozen now, this here being proof. Three space wizard errand boys! The thought made him laugh....... Wasn't just the Hutts that have fallen from grace, so have the prestigious religious orders of the Jedi and Sith.

"You any good at hunting?" He bluntly asked Zinayn skipping any sort of introduction. He honestly cared not for the Chiss' name, it was what he brought to the table that was more important to be inquired about.

Sars Sarad Sars Sarad Murba Jiidak Anzani Murba Jiidak Anzani Zinayn Zinayn

Zinayn nearly scoffed. Three Force-users to chase down three little animals. Ridiculous. But easy money. The Chiss was disappointed in himself that he'd fallen so far... what would he even use this money for? Perhaps he'd donate it. But then again, his shuttle's hyperdrive could use replacing. Or he could get a new shuttle entirely.

No. Greed is taking over. Donation is the way to go.

Surprising. Even being in the same room as a Hutt incited feelings of greed in Zinayn. Interesting creatures those overgrown slime lizards were. But he didn't dare say that.

Zinayn shifted his attention to Rorlin Kos Rorlin Kos as he addressed the white-robed Chiss.
"You any good at hunting?"
"I've never tried hunting animals before...though hunting humans is a specialty of mine," Zinayn said. As he talked, he observed the man. Physically, and with a gentle Force probe. It wasn't too major, so the man shouldn't be able to sense it, but then again, Zinayn would need to fully commit to the probe to learn something. But so far, from the man's presence, he couldn't sense much of the light side. So he was more of a Dark Jedi.

Zinayn could work with that.

Murba Jiidak Anzani Murba Jiidak Anzani Sars Sarad Sars Sarad

The evening air was beginning to get cold and the chirping of insect and bird filled the air, he had gathered the crew in the main hall filled with lounging cushions and chairs adorned with animal pelts of varying size and variety. Once everyone was comfortable, Murba began. "I know many of you likely think I am the scum of the galaxy. A despotic criminal of the worst kind I'd imagine. I've seen your eyes, and how you may view me. How you may see me is of no concern to me.. however, what matters to me is that you respect me, and I you. Our lives may well be in the other's hand in the coming days. I must rely on you, and you must rely on me. Going forward it is essential that we work together, and have full trust in one another as comrades on this venture." Murba seemed to nod to himself, eyeing everyone in the room.

"Tomorrow we are brothers in arms and once our business is finished we go our separate ways. Tonight we feast!" As he finished his speech, several large trays of steaming meats and fresh breads were brought out and set upon the few tables that accompanied the fur-clad cushions and chairs. The mouth-watering aromas caressed the senses and soothed the mind. "Drink, eat, let us dine together! You are my guests." Murba let out a booming laugh, he seemed to be quite cheerful and merry, likely excited for the upcoming adventure that awaited them.

Murba settled in and enjoyed a few morsels...

Zinayn Zinayn Rorlin Kos Rorlin Kos Sars Sarad Sars Sarad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom