Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The House on the Hill

Viktor Alexander made his way to Bin Prime. For years it had been the Capital of Balmorra not to mention very difficult to attack and even harder to invade. He was sitting in a speeder flanked by two more speeders. One carried two extra security personnel and the other one of his assistants. While Viktor maintained an office in the Imperial city of Sobrik he had decided to return Bin Prime to it's former glory. He would build a Palace there to hold all of the governments offices with a grand ball room to host events.

The speeder pilot turned to Viktor.

"Sir we are ten minutes out from Bin Prime."

Viktor nodded but spoke.

"Make it 5." "There is a lot of work to be done before this place is ready to receive guests."

Viktor looked over some notes. Balmorra was a planet of greater importance than his predecessor could even fathom. Much like Bin Prime he would turn Balmorra into an impenetrable fortress. A world to rival all others in every way. Some people looked at Balmorra and saw a half blown to bits dust ball. Not Viktor when he looked at Balmorra he saw the future and not even the Republic knocking on his doorstep would get in his way.

The trio of speeders pulled up to the gates of Bin Prime. Viktor smiled showing the guards his identification before being permitted to proceed forward. They actually took a stop just inside the gates as the group disembarked.

Viktor took a look around the fortifications taking notes before speaking to the Sgt in charge at the gate.

"So everything looks to be in order but I can't help but think things are a little under defended here and in various stages of disrepair." "What are your thoughts Sgt."

Viktor watched as the man hesitated shaking his head.

"Speak freely Sgt I can't fix what's wrong if I don't know what that is."

When the man finally spoke Viktor took notes. When he finished Viktor looked at his notes confirming what the man had said.

"So basically updated fortifications, some armor, and some more troops." "That pretty sum things up?"

When the man nodded Viktor smiled softly.

"Ok carry on Sgt I will see what I can get you guys." "I can't make any promises and it may take some time to make it happen but I'll get into it."

Viktor and his entourage got back into the speeders headed deeper into the city.

They would travel deeper into the city. At some points they would stop and get out. There next stop was a market place. Viktor would talk to various shop owners getting an idea of what was wrong and what was right about the city and how it operated. He would ask them about safety and about business. Two common things would creep up with each person he talked to.

The first was always safety. The shop owners talked about the level of crime in the city. While they were not afraid of invasion due to the natural defenses and what troops were there. No thieves and criminals were holding them up, making them pay protection money. Viktor frowned at hearing it. It seems they still have some work to do.

The second was dwindling supplies. Only having the same old things to buy and sell was making the market horribly boring. Viktor nodded taking down more notes. Getting back to the speeders Viktor turned to his assistant.

"Ok so this place is a disaster area." "We are looking at least a years worth of construction." "We may also have to move up the plans to secure the city." "Well let's go see what the capital building looks like." "If it is anything like the rest of the city we are in for a lot of work." "And this is only one city."

Viktor and the group headed towards the Capitol building with the group. Along the trip he picked up an extra speeder with three soldiers inside. They had been added to the group to be subject matter experts on defenses and security. Their final destination being the most important in this particular city. A planet was only as strong as the image the Capital projected.

As they got to the building Viktor sighed. He had seen slums in better shape than what he was currently looking at.

"Ok fan out let's make sure it is safe before venturing inside."

Viktor started out on a perimeter sweep working his way to the left one of the soldiers taking point. So far everythign looked to be in order but even Viktor knew looks could be deceiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom