Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Home [LOOM/DataTech] [Invite Only]

| [member="Ultimatum"] |

LOOM was a corporation that caught the eye of Alicia Drey, mostly due to it's location. Mustafar was a world that was most useful, and so she had reached out to Ultimatum, a living, talking droid (to her understanding) who happened to be it's owner. She had sold him an Acavus-class bulk cruiser during their last meeting and so that had opened connections between the two of them.

The MZX32905 system was to be there meeting place, on board another Acavus-class that Alicia had taken from Emeritus Industries, who she was the part owner of. With the acquirement of Chandrila DataTech done, she had plans to begin a new project and that project happened to be LOOM. Having access to a shipyard, found in a remote system, was worth the venture and so Alicia invited Ultimatum to meet with her to discuss business.

Her plan was simple. LOOM would provide the work force Alicia needed to begin her operations on the Home, and in return, she would develop the shipyard at Mustafar to match the kind found at Sluis Van or Rothana. Ultimatum had the materials and work force to do the job and Alicia had the technology and skills to plan it. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement between two CEOs of their respective companies. It was good business.

Ultimatum had come to the designated location, according to the message sent to him by an acquaintance. He had actually been somewhat surprised to have a polite summons by an organic that he had hardly known. One business transaction and a following conversation did not constitute much more than a passing knowledge of a person to the droid. Ideally an acquaintance would be one that you could speak to about such things day to day work and other such, knowing that the person would probably know most of it before hand. However, under the current circumstances relating himself to the galaxy acquaintances were somewhat difficult to come by.

He looked forward to this meeting. The ship used before had turned out as expected, a very astute investment. The vessel had already paid itself off with the moving of materials required for three or so facilities in different areas of the galaxy. He had not, as of yet actually used it to move goods or foodstuffs, but it was only a matter of time. He had thought of making some changes to it, but had decided to first actually study the ship a bit to completely understand the inner workings of the computer and the vessel as a whole. The last thing that needed to happen was an alteration that changed the dynamic of the ship.

Ultimatum had only heard about this system of space on a few occasions, he had found an amusing interest in it due to the complex and very inorganic name. He arrived and sent out a message stating as much, "This is Ultimatum, here about business discussions. Do you read me?"

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Ultimatum"] |

Accepting the transmission, Alicia looked down at the hologram of Ultimatum. "Hello again, Ultimatum. How is the Acavus?"

Bypassing her question, Alicia moved straight into business. "I am getting in touch for a business proposition I think you will be interested in. I understand that LOOM has it's own labor force at Mustafar, which I would like to use here in this star system for a construction project, that I would like to remain off the books."

"I will pay you the use of your droids. In addition, I will offer to commence a project on the LOOM shipyard, updating it's technology and improving it's systems with Chandrila DataTech. If you allow me, Mustafar could become the next Sluis Van. With the raw materials that LOOM has access too on Mustafar, your company can expand it's services, bringing in more clients. Your thoughts?"

Ultimatum looked over the return transmission. He did admit that the shipyard could use an upgrade, but then again what didn't? While he wondered what it was that [member="Alicia Drey"] wanted to keep relatively hidden. He assumed that this was simply some corporate project of personal value that for whatever reason she did not want the wider galaxy to see at this time. His was not truly the place to be concerned about this, if she was willing to ask him for help with it then that more than likely meant that it was no threat to him. And a bigger shipyard was needed, the ships he would hopefully build from it would be easier and quicker to manufacture. It was quite a tempting offer.

He replied quickly, "This sounds like a mutually beneficial proposal. I believe that it is in both of our best interests to continue. Before I can agree, I would like to know what sort of project you have in mind. I will not spread word of it, you needn't fear."

| [member="Ultimatum"] |

"I will explain the project to you, after you sign a non disclosure agreement. The project that I want to initiate in this system will be a massive undertaking for my company, and if word goes out to my competitors as to what I am up too, that would be bad for my company. I have the agreement already drawn up. All it requires is your signature."

Bringing up the agreement via the transmission feed, Alicia transmitted it to Ultimatum. All he would need to do is add his digital print, becoming a signatory, subsequently legally binding to the document and it's agreements.

NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
This Agreement is made on the 844 ABY.
BETWEEN
Alicia Drey
&
Ultimatum
Reference: Information related, but not limited to, development projects and assignments to be performed by the Recipient, Ultimatum, and his Company, Legacy of Organics Manufacturer (LOOM), for the Client, Alicia Drey and the Company, Chandrila DataTech.

The Company (Chandrila DataTech) possess competitively valuable Confidential Information (as hereinafter defined) regarding its current products, future products, research and development, and general business operations. Recipient (Ultimatum) may enter or has entered into a business relationship with the Company and in connection therewith may need to review or use the Company's Confidential Information and Materials or to create new Confidential Information and Materials for the Company. In consideration of the promises and covenants contained in this agreement and the disclosure of Confidential Information and Materials from the Company to the Recipient, the parties herto agree as follows:

1. Confidential Information and Materials

[a] The term "Confidential Information" shall be recognized as encompassing all hereby agreements, conversations, projects and the disclosure of materials released by disclosing party, Chandrila DataTech/Alicia Drey, to the recipient Legacy of Organics Manufacturer (LOOM)/Ultimatum, as hereinafter defined.

The disclosure of "Confidential Information" between both the disclosing party and the recipient is to be recognized as a violation of the agreement made by both sides. Disclosure of all recognized agreements seen in section one, paragraph a, is to be seen as the violation of the agreements made between both sides.

[c] It is strictly prohibited by the recipient to disclose any and all "Confidential Information" learned from the disclosing party.

[d] All materials, including assets belonging to the disclosing party, is to be treated as "Confidential Information". This includes all patents, technology, land, structures, vehicles, ships, weaponry and resources divulged by the disclosing party and the recipient.

[e] All assets, as recognized in section one, paragraph d, are to be treated as "Confidential Information" by both the disclosing party and the recipient. This is to be treated as clarified in section one, paragraph a, by both sides.

[f] The Project is to be agreed as "Confidential Information", as clarified in section one, paragraph a, b, c, d and e, by both the disclosing party and the recipient.

~

Signatory [The Disclosing Party]: Alicia Drey, 844 ABY
Signatory [The Recipient]: Ultimatum 844 ABY

Ultimatum smiled, this was a very, very professional organic. It was refreshing. There was a decorum, a language, and even levels of politeness. It was almost like working with droids, similar wordage was used throughout the whole endeavor, it was very safe and understandable. Once on learned everything it was easy to work with those who also understood, then it was relatively simple to accomplish business. It also allowed those who did not understand to be kept away from the important decisions.

The droid signed quickly, his electronic signature was entirely unique within the HoloNet, from a being whose very existence was more than likely unique. It would be difficult to replicate, at least that was Ultimatum's hope. He sent the now completed non-disclosure contract back. "Very good. That should take care of that."

[member="Alicia Drey"]

| [member="Ultimatum"] |

"Thank you." Receiving the signed non-disclosure agreement, Alicia made a copy for herself and Ultimatum to have for their records. With the signing done and the agreement made, Alicia could proceed to her explanation.

"The MZX32905 system has a large series of asteroids, and in particular, one has a large pool of energy deep beneath it's crust. The asteroid that has this energy is known as the Home and on it's surface, there is a derelict building. I want to use the building as a platform for a construction project, where we will build a facility. A shaft will then be constructed, leading down to the energy source. I also want the facility to be connected to a skyhook, for loading and transportation. The project will involve the development of new scanning and jamming equipment, which will be installed into the facility."

"In return, I will install the same scanning and jamming equipment I will be designing for my facility, into your shipyard at Mustafar. I will improve your communications and refine your energy output, which will save you on costs. When I expand the services of Chandrila DataTech, I will return to complete my promises and increase the size of the shipyard. I do not have the ability to do this currently, but the the Home facility that I am asking LOOM build alongside DataTech will be the first step towards the expansion of your facilities."

Ultimatum took the copy of the agreement and saved it to various parts of his program within the HoloNet. It would be safe there, both hidden and secure. He then turned his attention to the information spoken to him by [member="Alicia Drey"]. It was an interesting thing, he wondered what sort of energy was hidden down within the planet. He doubted it was the usual power well or something akin to that, not with the fact that this system had been mined over before.

"This sounds simple enough while still being very effective. I believe that this is a good deal. The droids are at your disposal. They will be ready when you need them. If I may ask, what sort of energy is it that you wish to find? If you would prefer not to speak about it that is fine. I know what I need to, just curiosity." Not necessarily something to be concerned about. After all there was not much danger this far out in space unless someone attacked, or the energy source she spoke of was dangerous.

| [member="Ultimatum"] |

"I would like the energy source to remain classified as confidential information, in the non-disclosure agreement you just signed. I will be contacting Emeritus Industries, so that I can buy the materials I need for the construction project. In the mean time, you can make your way to this system with the LOOM force and by the time you arrive, I'll have our contract ready to sign."

Alicia knew her inability to answer Ultimatum's question about the energy source beneath the Home would draw some suspicion. But she thought that she had done enough to make him think twice into investigating the source. There was a vibe that Alicia always gave off to her clients, which screamed 'do not mess with this woman' and with any luck, he would have gotten that message in their interactions with each other.

Contacting Emeritus Industries, Alicia used her contacts in the corporation to make Chandrila DataTech priority in their agenda. She ordered Adamithium, Durasteel, Transparisteel, Duranium, Permacrete and one Portable Dampening Field for the project, paid out of her personal fortune as an anonymous client. This was to avoid it being on the Emeritus Industries or Chandrila DataTech books. All that would be seen is one, large payment.

With the resources en route, all that was left was for Ultimatum to arrive with the work force Alicia needed for construction.

Ultimatum took the response without much disappointment. While there was a professionalism among these corporate overlords that led them to working together and sharing information there was also the fact that it was a competitive industry and thus they had secrets. He did not have a reason to push the issue, not in any way that would actually be important. Whatever source of energy it was, it was not a concern of his. If it affected him at some point he would find out before long and would take the necessary steps, but until then he was fine.

The feeling that [member="Alicia Drey"] gave off was lost on Ultimatum, at least most of it. Her words and actions spoke compared to attitude and mental disposition. He decided that it was better to leave it be. He gave his thanks before turning his attention to assembling the necessary droids for the project. Again the Acavus would come in handy. Ultimatum had only one other ship that had the potential for moving the quantity of droids required, and it was still in the shipyard. The Acavus had the largest holds and could contain the most droids, making it the ideal transport at this time.

The droid returned with the necessary forces. He made a few last checks to the system before the Acavus arrived. He spoke over the holocom, "This is Ultimatum, the droids are here and ready for the work. If you would be so kind as to give me the location I can send the droids your way." Ultimatum thought for a moment before continuing, "Or I can hand over the slave controls to you if you would prefer and you can take the ship and droids." If she wanted to keep the exact location of the base hidden from him it would be polite to give her the option, even if it was more an illusion than reality.

| [member="Ultimatum"] |

A standard week had passed since their holo conference. The materials had arrived from Emeritus Industries; the payments had been made; and all that was left was for LOOM to play their part in the joint venture with Chandrila DataTech.

Alicia's technicians had been on board her Acavus during the week, coming up with the designs for the facility. She had already decided that it would be known as the Home, paying homage to a long dead brother, as it were.

When Ultimatum arrived, Alicia accepted his hail to respond. "Hello, Ultimatum. Thank you for your kind offer. If you'll pass the slave codes to me, I will return the Acavus and the droids back to you when the project has been completed, alongside your payment. I'm transmitting the contract, which only needs your signature."

CHANDRILA DATATECH
This Agreement was made as of 844 ABY.
BETWEEN
ALICIA DREY
&
ULTIMATUM
Reference: Agreements made, by the disclosing party, Alicia Drey, to the recipient, Ultimatum, on behalf of the company, Chandrila DataTech, to be treated hereinafter to the sale of shares between both sides.

The disclosing party, agrees to the to the following terms:

1. The Project

[a] The recipient agrees to use of their labor work force at Mustafar for the construction of the Home for Chandrila DataTech, for a fee of 200,000cr

The disclosing party agrees to the development of the LOOM shipyards at Mustafar as agreed by the recipient, for their use during the Home project

~
Signatory [The Disclosing Party]: Alicia Drey, 844 ABY
Signatory [The Recipient]: Ultimatum, 844 ABY

Ultimatum sent the necessary codes along with the completed contract. He took a copy of the contract and pinned it within his systems to the agreement and [member="Alicia Drey"]. It would allow him to quickly look over the past transactions with this organic in the future. He could pull it all together for files that would later be made to contain information on each person and to perhaps create a psych assessment. Maybe twenty to fifty years from now when the secrecy of the facility was blown and it was a public object, he would release the build details onto the HoloNet.

"And there you are. I hope that the droids serve well. It has been a pleasure. Is there anything more you would wish to speak of?"

| [member="Ultimatum"] |

"No, thank you. I will contact you when I have finished with your droids."

When Ultimatum left the MZX32905 system, construction begun. It began from the ground up. Beginning with the foundation to the shaft, Ayra tasked the LOOM force with creating the Diathium/Adamithium supports, that would hold the shaft- when fully constructed- to the asteroid. This process took several weeks, with the Adamithium difficult to shape and mold for the required supporting beams.

When it was done, the start of the shaft began. Durasteel panels were connected to the supports, molding the shape of the shaft. Big enough for up to twenty people to fit inside, the shaft took three weeks. Cylinder in shape, Diathium/Adamithium supports were added in sections to maintain the shaft and add support against the stress made, as the asteroid (the Home) spun and moved about the MZX32905 system.

Measured at 10 kilometers in length, the hub was added to the top of the shaft. It was made out of Durasteel, with Diathium/Adamithium supports keeping it connected to the shaft. A pair of blast doors were added to the entrance and exit to the shaft- also made out of Durasteel- to keep the hub pressurized, allowing inhabitants to live inside. The space dock- the first entrance to the hub- was designed only for the Initium, and ships of the same classification, to dock with. It was possible for a ship to land on the asteroid surface and enter via the shaft, but with controls to the shaft located in the hub, this was considered the more dangerous and less likely of the two to be used.

With the base of the Home constructed within three months, Alicia had Chandrila DataTech installed Core I computers and Lenoi I datapads into the hub, alongside a hub that connected each computer to each other and a computer core, which controlled the central systems to the hub and the shaft. Each system was computer coded, from the blast doors, to the docking port and to the computers themselves.

Satisfied with the work, Alicia had Ultimatum's Acavus and his work force returned to Mustafar, after the Home was finished. What she was left with was a miniature Skyhook, connected to a mineral rich asteroid out in the middle of no where, that happened to be imbued with dark side Force energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom