Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Heart of Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
Gonti%E2%80%99s-Aether-Heart-Aether-Revolt-MtG-Art-1024x751.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: An artificial heart to empower Antherion and justify his continued existence and ability to face his rivals head-on; to find an interesting and active manner of using a Unique Canon Item.
  • Image Source: Gonti's Aether Heart
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: We Come For Booty (Capture of the Seed of Rage).
  • Primary Source: The Seed of Rage
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: The Heart of Rage
  • Manufacturer: Antherion
  • Affiliation: Antherion
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Self-Replicating Tissue Culture; Fabrication Matrix; The Seed of Rage(Destroyed during creation); Human Heart; Kyber Crystal Mesh-Web, Purified Spirit Fragment
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Synthetic Organ
  • Size: Core can be held in one hand; Lattice is lightweight yet spreads itself rapidly throughout the host proper.
SPECIAL FEATURES

The Heart of Rage is a multipurpose organ that acts as an interface between the flesh and the spirit of an individual. Upon being implanted within the subject, the Heart will begin to intertwine itself with the subject over the course of several days, creating an intricate, vein-like web of semicrystalline connections that cannot be fully extracted without shredding the host's innards. After it is completely interlaced with the being's biological structures (or what remains of them), it will begin to 'beat'. This steady, grotesque combination of throbbing and the sparking of twitching machinery conveys energy throughout the body in a 'safe' fashion -- venting excesses, sparking life, and filling a being with the Dark Side of the Force.

The heart is implanted within the chest cavity - the core is protected by the bearer's ribcage but the workings spill out and are visible above the skin of the bearer. The most vital part is as protected as any organ, but certain systems for distribution and regulation of the flow of power and vitality are visible and more easily vulnerable to attack without having to dig through skin.

Strengths:

"It's Alive! It's Alive!": The Heart of Rage, first and foremost, is designed to give animus to something that may not otherwise be able to exist. Larger than a heart by far, it fills the entire chest cavity with an elaborate, pulsating device that supplements the functioning of organs with machinery. The metabolism slows so that one can survive in the vacuum of space for up to an hour before pressure pries into the bloodstream. Food and water are only needed in one-tenth the quantity that might otherwise be required. Sleep can be replaced with four to six hours of uninterrupted meditation and refocusing. Drugs and diseases progress more slowly through the body.

"I live as energy. I am the Dark Side!": The body becomes an extension of the Heart with this device. Flesh and metal generated by the device accelerate the natural healing process. This function is a form of healing trance that may be entered when severe trauma is suffered, wherein the user falls insensate and the flesh is slowly restored. This process takes a few hours for blunt trauma, extremities, and shallow lacerations, up to a week for the rupturing of organs, and multiple weeks for wounds that might otherwise be mortal and regenerating severed limbs.

"Power overwhelming.": The host's power in the Dark Side increases as it courses. Comparable to a fragment of a nexus, this sliver of trapped energy was excised from the depths of Antherions' own consciousness and, after being scoured of evidence of possession, implanted within the thrumming engine of destruction to send it into overdrive. Powers can be used with mere gesture, and stores of stamina increase to allow for the unleashing of greater sums of energy. Even the physical rot of the Dark Side is offloaded to the web of indifferent circuitry and gemstone.

Weaknesses:

Nullification Vulnerability: The machinery is subject to disruption by Force Light, Voidstone, and Ysalimir, which all cause a cessation of normal function. Someone implanted with the Heart will not die, but also will be unable to access the Force and suffer secondary symptoms of cardiac arrest - chest pain, unconsciousness, and lightheadedness as their biological processes begin to shut down. Extended time exposed to Force-blocking effects can kill the host as the Heart is forced into dormancy.

Ion/EMP Vulnerability: Currents of electricity and certain wave distortions and cosmic storms can interrupt the heart's function, causing physical weakness, pain, paralysis, and interrupted concentration as the delicate machinery begins to malfunction.

Fragility: The Heart of Rage is difficult to fully repair, requiring personal attention from its creator and the expenditure of expensive materials. Similarly, in combat, it is acutely vulnerable, causing pain to reverberate throughout the body as nerves fire all over, and less durable to blunt force than most organs - a single, brass-knuckled fist to the core could shatter it to the point where one has no choice but to flee. Two strikes could see the host at the attacker's mercy.

Eternal Covenant: Once activate for three months in a single being, the Heart of Rage cannot be removed without destroying the host.

Malice Beyond Shadow: The intense Force energies constantly being used as a furnace to fuel the powers of the Heart of Rage render the user unable to mask their Force presence -- even an Apprentice could detect the incredible malice as a distinct presence from miles away. A dogged Master could easily track the foe through space and time, albeit the incredible Dark energies of a Nexus can be used to conceal the presence of the being.

Light-Scorned: While implanted with this vile machinery, any attempt to use a Force Power attuned with the light causes injury and pain. The redemption of a monstrosity that would pervert their body in such a fashion, or even one who had the artefact forced upon them, would cost them their life.

Madness: A malicious pseudo-consciousness pulsates within the Heart. Anger saturates a being until other sensations begin to grow numb, and negative emotion dominates them. Hallucinations of voices, visions, and inability to distinguish friend from foe and thought from reality all threaten constantly to seize upon one whose focus breaks.

Torpor: The Heart beats steady, but it also beats slow. Beneficial drugs such as bacta, kolto, painkillers, and stimulants have less effect and require time to take effect. Due to the stasis in flow of blood and oxygen, physical performance is reduced - the body can no longer adapt to high effort by raising the heartbeat, forcing a perpetual state of languid activity.

DESCRIPTION
It was when Antherion lost his little finger trying to type on a datapad that he realized his burst of life was just that - a temporary burst. Nothing was protecting the corpse he was existing in from simply decaying into lifeless dust under the stress of the evil sorcery that the Sith constantly indulged in. As he grew closer to mastery, Antherion also grew closer to annihilating himself with his own power. He was not a true physical presence, but rather an inanimate object being moved by the power of the Force, with no anchor but hate and desire to prevent himself from being pulled away.

This needed to change.

The Seed of Rage, the masterwork of the genius Lord Fulminiss, projects anger and hatred into matter, causing insanity to drench the very ground. Writhing spires of flesh and hulking beasts lope and lumber where it is laid. Normally, Antherion wouldn't have the know-how to warp the weft of the device to his own ends, but he had the fortune of having embarked on the project of the dreaded Chinvat Monolith with a certain slave, sharing its designs and studying them.

[TBD, Restricted Mission]

Netherworld

<p>Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.</p>

Netherworld

[member="Antherion"]

Antherion said:
device that replaces the function of most organs - even the brain. Breathing, eating, and drinking are no longer concerns, nor is the vacuum of space. Sleep can be replaced with several hours of meditation and refocusing. Poison and disease can be forgotten.

Antherion said:
"I live as energy. I am the Dark Side!": The body becomes an extension of the Heart with this device. If destroyed, the consciousness can retreat inside the specially prepared crystal matrix within the Heart until it is destroyed or implanted within another host vessel.

Antherion said:
"Power overwhelming.": The host's power in the Dark Side increases, as though occupying a vergence in miniature.

Antherion said:
Powers can be used with mere gesture, and stores of stamina increase to allow for the unleashing of greater sums of energy. Even the physical rot of the Dark Side is offloaded to the web of indifferent circuitry and gemstone.
  • Alchemized Artifacts/Items [including methods of ForceImbument, Alkahest, Jal Shey, etc] that provide lightsaber resistance and/or Major Force benefits (( Embark on a quest to research, locate and recover or create the alchemized, Force Imbued, Force artifact/item in question. There is no set post limit, though you should tell a complete story.))
  • Force Nexus [Locations, Planets, Items] (( Embark on a quest to locate / create and research the Nexus in question. The larger and more powerful the Nexus, the more unique writers should be involved in the process. There is no set post limit, though you should tell a complete story. ))
  • Though you provide a thread, that was already used here for claiming the Canon item. Therefore, at the current standing of this submission, you're essentially looking at two Restricted missions.
Your current strengths:
  1. Replacement for the brain (houses the consciousness and performs all computing / memory tasks, presumably)
  2. User doesn't have to breathe, eat, drink or sleep
  3. User can survive in vacuum (meaning they are also resistant to the extreme cold of absolute zero)
  4. User is immune to poisons, toxins, and disease
  5. Even if the user's body is destroyed, their consciousness retreats into the Heart. (Contrast with Strength #1 – isn't the Heart already where the consciousness resides?)
  6. Dark side enhancement equal to a small Force Nexus (increase in power level and Force reserves)
  7. Negates the focus and/or time required to be put into certain powers
  8. User doesn't suffer the detrimental physical effects of Dark side abuse
Your current weaknesses:
  1. Any significant introduction of electricity to the system can ruin the matrix (What happens if the matrix is ruined? What stops it from spreading through the host again, given that it's self-replicating?)
  2. User can be overcome within the Force, ruining the matrix (Highly unlikely, given that they're carrying a miniature Nexus in their chest. Included only for the sake of overview.)
  3. Blunt force trauma can ruin the matrix (How deeply is the Heart implanted into the body? Is it exposed to attack? Is it even visible?)
  4. Force Light, Ysalamiri, Voidstone, etc. knock out the user. Extended exposure destroys the body and suppresses the artifact's effects (Conflict with Strength #5 – the destruction of the body still means the consciousness survives inside the Heart)
  5. Once activate for three months in a single being, the Heart of Rage cannot be removed without destroying the host. (Same conflict with Strength #5)
  6. User is a beacon in the Dark side, stealth is impossible
  7. Light-sided force usage causes pain (Completely irrelevant. This is a Dark side artifact, crafted from another Dark side artifact, by two Darksiders, for a Darksider. Included only for the sake of overview.)
  8. As power builds within the being, it begins to tax their physical body, the veins of metal and earth heating up until they threaten to burn their way out of the practitioner. (This one's problematic. It implies the power of the Heart increases over time – please clarify this. For the latter part, how long approx. does it take before this "power build-up" starts to burn the body?)

Compared to your list of strengths, the weaknesses list is lacking. Please address the concerns raised above, as well as the following:

Antherion said:
Force-Induced Metastatic Disease
  • This needs some serious elaboration. What does it do?
  • Furthermore, this conflicts with Strength #4. Please clarify this point.

Antherion said:
The Seed of Rage
  • Please annotate clearly that the Seed of Rage was destroyed in the creation of this artifact, as per the the original submission.

Antherion said:
Any significant introduction of electricity to the system can ruin this matrix, as can overcoming the entrapped spirit with the Force, or simple blunt physical Force.
  • This should be listed under Weaknesses.

Complete the requests and we'll see where we can go from there.

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
[member="Netherworld"]

I removed mention of the "Metastatic Disease," it was intended to simply be a nonsensical, evocative description of an alchemical material to justify the fact that flesh is produced by the entity - similar to cancer, if less damaging, causing replication of cells, alluding to a vague regenerative power. I've since elaborated on the power and removed the weird terminology,

I've removed the numerous immunities, replacing them with slower progress from certain malicious things - diseases and drugs aren't ignored, they just progress more slowly.

I've elaborated that the spirit-hiding thing is a synergy between the Heart and another rare Force Power that must be learned and mastered independently.

I also added more weaknesses.

What happens when I need to do a restricted mission. Would this be moved to the Pre-Codex until I complete it? I only see one material as necessary to the character of the submission, I don't intend this to be a Nexus, merely an amplifier that might be compared to a Nexus: similar in function but not magnitude. I've removed allusions to Nexi in the thing -- but I'm willing to do the mission if you feel it's appropriate.

Netherworld

[member="Antherion"]

The submission is identical to what I judged in the morning. I'll assume your edits didn't go through – please complete and address everything I listed out in the initial judgment.

As for the Restricted mission; yes, this artifact falls under the 'Major Force benefits' portion of the Alchemy RM.
  • Alchemized Artifacts/Items [including methods of Force Imbument, Alkahest, Jal Shey, etc] that provide lightsaber resistance and/or Major Force benefits (( Embark on a quest to research, locate and recover or create the alchemized, Force Imbued, Force artifact/item in question. There is no set post limit, though you should tell a complete story.))
The mission is as open as it gets, so go to town. :)

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
[member="Netherworld"]

Welp, looks like my edits went through now, I hope. I'm going to start on the restricted mission, but I'll need time to get a thread through. Should this be moved to the Pre-Factory while I work on this?

Netherworld

[member="Antherion"]

Looks better now. Couple of points I brought up that I don't see addressed anywhere – if I missed it, apologies.

Netherworld said:
Blunt force trauma can ruin the matrix (How deeply is the Heart implanted into the body? Is it exposed to attack? Is it even visible?)

Netherworld said:
Please annotate clearly that the Seed of Rage was destroyed in the creation of this artifact, as per the the original submission.
  • Please complete the above requests.

Antherion said:
Flesh and metal generated by the device accelerate the natural healing process. This function is a form of healing trance that may be entered when severe trauma is suffered, wherein the user falls insensate and the flesh is slowly restored
  • How fast is this, approximately? A few hours? A few days?

After you've answered the above, I'll archive your submission. When you complete your RM mission, PM Cira, Raziel, or Jamie Pyne, and it will be brought out to finalize the judgment. :)

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
Specifications have been added regarding Heart visibility in "special features," things you've asked have been clarified. Archive away, I'm ready to get crackin' on the restricted mission!

[member="Netherworld"]

Netherworld

[member="Antherion"]

Right, with the regen clarification come a few troubles.
  1. You're going to have to tone it down. "A week" for a severed limb is extremely rapid regen, which might work if it was the only perk this artifact offered. it is not.
  2. The regeneration also conflicts with your last Weakness, "Torpor":

Antherion said:
    Torpor: The Heart beats steady, but it also beats slow. Beneficial drugs such as bacta, kolto, painkillers, and stimulants have less effect and require time to take effect. Similarly, food, water, and rest may be needed in smaller quantities, but also yield fewer benefits - the body is frozen in its current state, unable to develop significant physical growth of any sort, endlessly stagnating until it atrophies.
    Please rework the above weakness to be feasible in conjunction with the regeneration you're aiming for. If you feel such is impossible, replace it with another, solid weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom