Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Grizbain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaveh Garshasp

K
The_Orion_by_MeckanicalMind_zpsa9f8eb36.jpg
Intent: This is being created in order to not only add to the lore via a "New" mass produced, cheap, heavy cruiser that is open for anyone to use as well as give my character, Captain Gobar Nass his own personal cruiser as he is the leader of his small flotilla of ships. Note: The Orion Class Heavy Cruiser is open for any faction to own and use, however The Grizbain is Captain Nass' personal cruiser.
Development Thread: N/A
Hero Unit: Yes
Manufacturer: Fondor Shipyards
Model: Heavy Cruiser
Affiliation: Any
Modularity: Yes: Extra plating, stronger shields or turbolaser batteries, enhanced sensors, modified missile and torpedo pods, various engine modifications.
Production: Yes
Material: Durasteel
Description: The Orion Class Heavy Cruiser is a reliable and cheap Heavy Cruiser from the final days of the Dark Years. One of the few models that has continued to be produced and circulated by private militaries and militias all over the galaxy it boasts a large amount of fire power and defense, sacrificing speed and making itself a vulnerable target in the heat of battle. However it is also equiped with a hangar which was made in the hope that the people buying this heavy cruiser would use the space to store fighters in order to defend the slow moving space tank. In order to move this hulk along it is equipped with four small ion engines(two on either side) and one main, large ion engine in the center.
The Grizbain has undergone a large amount of modification however, stripping some of the heavier plating and exchanging the main stock engine for a more powerful one creating a more nimble cruiser as well as strengthening the ship's sensors and long range communication used to send confirmations on targets as well as receive orders and jobs no matter where they are in the galaxy, well, almost.

Classification: Heavy Cruiser
Role: Flagship
Height: 90 Meters
Width: 200 Meters
Length: 400 Meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermatter Annihilator Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1
Minimum Crew: 130
Optimal Crew: 470
Armaments:
  • Medium Ion Cannons (10)
  • Concussion Missile Tubes (10)
  • Heavy Turbolaser Cannons (15)
  • Medium Turbolaser Cannons (10)

Hangar:
  • Z-120 Headhunter(10) OR 7 Standard Starfighters
  • Borvo Starfighter or some other small starfighter(10)
  • Freighter(1)
Non-Combative Attachments:

• Standard Navigational Systems
  • Heavy Shielding Systems
  • Advanced Sensory Array
  • Long range Communications Array
  • Standard Life Support

Passenger Capacity: 300
Cargo Capacity: 3000 Tons
Consumables: 2 Years
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 7( Standard) 6 (The Grizbain)

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Offhand the weapons compliment seems, well honestly it can be high or low depending on what you use as a basis. I'm not wild about the amount of warheads it carries. Generaly they take up more space and thus count as more when dealing with weapon slots. That being said the VSD carries ton so if you were using that as your base. Before I go any further though I have to ask if your character is part of a major faction, and for some more details. As it stands fleet this size by polizy could only be done by a major faction and there is no affiliation listed.

Kaveh Garshasp

K
He is part of the Hutt Cartel and Republic, though it was intended to be part of an independent flotilla since he is a pirate/privateer. What can I do to scale it down (if needed) I wasn't clear about the classifications and what they could hold and do(Cruiser Frigate etc)
EDIT: Lowered the warehead count

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Okay for your intended use this ship is way too big. This ship is VERY large. Most pirate fleets and mercenary fleets if you read the books only consist of a handful of smaller vessels normally only up to 300-400 meters in length, and most commonly corvette ships only up 200 meters in length. So if you want you can rework it to that scale and I'll continue reviewing it when you've done so. Just post here telling me what you want to do.

Sort of as a nit-picky observation, do you really mean the height to be 100 meters? I mention this because the image appears to show a height of approximately a third of the width of the vessel. In this case, that would mean approximately 60-70 meters.

Of course, I can’t see the bottom of the ship, so perhaps the structure extends below quite a bit. If that’s the case, ignore this comment. :)

It’s really a very minor point, but just something I thought I’d bring up. It shouldn’t affect functionality or your entry’s approval chances.

Kaveh Garshasp

K
Is this not being approved because of the height? Or is there still something wrong?

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
I haven't looked at it yet. I'm helping my parents pack. As I was the original judge it is to me to approve it unless I ask someone else to intervene. I will get to it tonight I promise.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Okay so right now this ship is sort of like a Strike-class cruiser. The Strike-class cruiser carries:
Turbolaser cannons 20
Turbolaser batteries 10
Ion cannons 10

It is 30 guns essentially to your 50. And your 50 tend to be heavy, plus you carry about the same amount of fighters but double the passengers/troops. Missiles, torpedo’s take up more room. If you drop the 5 torpedo tubes and reduce the troop count I think this would be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom