Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Great Salvage Op

Void Station
Outer Stars Cantina

Another day another cred. Cept cred were running low for Danni and Drake, whom had been on the outs after screwing up their last job with a local crime-boss. Who it was wasn't the issue. His biggest concern was 500 meters of Jast Reclaimer 1, and just about no one to crew her. Crew tended to jump ship when the rations get tight, and the pay goes away.

They were seated at the back, with an add out over the holonet and local drop boxes. There was a battle on near Skor II and Drake intended to capitalize on that space trash.

He took another sip from his dull dirty glass, admiring the stickers and posters of other crews plastered over the wall. Just about every banner flew here, from every government and smaller unit that had come to fight them. The ceiling was littered with replicas of famous ships like the Millenium Falcon and others, dangling from little twine strings.

"This place is space Bohemia." Danni said, brushing back her dark hair and pouring another drink.

Drake nodded, keeping his eyes about, hand on his .44 Revolver.

"Space Bohemia indeed! And after we haul some serious loot we can get a real meal I reckon'"

Danni smirked.

"Better than prison."

Drake raised his glass.

"Aye an' I can drink to that."

Hopefully some desperado types needed creds too. For those that were chasing the almighty credit, any job was a good job. They'd be able to recognize the Captain and his Co-Officer by their patches sewn onto their jackets, sporting S.S. Rozilyn.

So far no dice.

Which was fine by Drake. Danni ordered another round of shots, which they slammed and then switched to beer. Nearby a few Rodians played Sabaac and Drake kept a wary eye on 'em figuring he could make a cred.

"Bet on the next hand, that guy wins." He stated flat from two tables down.

"What we betting Human?"

"Hmmmmm.....how bout a shot at a legendary salvage. Ever heard of FIV Concordia?"

It was a dumb thing to say, and Danni shot him a look, but he got the Rodians hooked.

"My tip against half your winnings."

The Rodian considered it. He just took another sip,

Well looked like it was back to square one, another rotation meaning leaving the crew she was tagging along with for another, standard protocol to avoid capture but also due to just lack of work. She was always willing to jump on to Gatz Duolingo crew and do some freighter run but until the man decided to get off his but and actually take a job she needed somewhere else to go.

Fortunately Void Station was a good hot spot for captains looking to fill out a crew, large and small alike, perhaps this time she would sign on with a larger crew. Larger crew meant more work to pay, more work mean more trading and traveling, just what she needed. She had spent the last few hours observing the different ships in dock seeing which ship may be looking for crew members.

Out of all the ship one seemed to stick out rather well, not some merc squad, freighter crew or explores, no what caught her interest (if she could all that) was a seemingly large salvage ship. Apparently it was owned by a [member="Drake Jast"]... perhaps related to Hala Jast? She was unsure but regardless perhaps a possible work opportunity, hopefully her skill set was of importance.

Grasping her duffel bag the emotionless looking girl made way to the local cantina, eyes pealed for the man in question, her cold almost dead like expression soon falling upon said man and his mate. "Question, would you be Drake Jast by any chance". It seemed she had stumbled upon them in the middle of a game, not that she cared.

There was some information that was missing, a contact that was arrested or killed, and his collection of knowledge held a significant gap. So far that was his reason to leave his Jedi Training... again, to get to this dark pit of criminal activity. Void Station was known for a lot of thing, being a highly reliable tourist location for law abiding beings, was not one of them. Good thing he was here in search of something specific. Willing participants in Transportstion of a passenger, as well as Smuggling very illegal supplies without question.

While visiting one of the local bars, well the first one that did not have an active bar fight in progress. He was sitting and attempting to form a relationship with a Gimordian, and his Pig Speak sounded more like Pig Feet. In the middle of the conversation he heard some loud mouth individual mention the Concordia. He turned his head in curiosity, it was less the name and more the vessel ID, FIV. He may be wrong but that could stand for First Imperial Vessel, and those had Data Encryption Keys. Fetched a pretty penny to ones willing to buy it, i.e. Giddean.

The young man walked up to [member="Drake Jast"] from the opposite direction of [member="Ay Ge"], "I couldn't help but overhear, did you say the FIV Concordia, I think I heard about it?"

[member="Ay Ge"] [member="Giddean Kuat"]

OOC: Posting might be broken by a day or two with this char. Bear with me plse.

Drake glanced over and simply slid the woman a beer. Then he rose and nodded, slipping a finger into his belt. She looked friendly, but just in case he had an exit strategy already. With a warm smile he extended his other.

"Aye the very one. What may I call ya Miss?"

Then another.

This was getting to be a homerun at this point and he felt some electric excitement fill his veins.

The second man mentioned the Concordia which put him a bit on edge.

Where the hell this guy come from.

"Aye might've mate. Tell me though, what's it mean to you?" He asked. The tone was inquisitive, non hostile. The last thing he wanted was a standoff with a potential crew-mate, but he was also looking for a show of good faith, to determine that he wasn't an Imperial spy.

Because......

Warrants....Lots of them.

Ay did not show any outward reaction or a hint of acknowledging the newcomers presence to the table, though that did not mean she was not assessing the individual. 'POS 1, Human male in appearance, early 20's most likly, poise and physical description suggest military back ground, expect to be skilled in some form of combat, force sensitivity not yet recognized'. 'Threat level average, further observation required'.

Standing to the side she waited until the new revealed [member="Drake Jast"] finished talking with the new arrival before speaking up herself on the matter of who she was. "Joke, as you said at the start, Aye, that is me..... perhaps that was not a good joke, but yes as stated my name is Ay, I am seeking employment". "Question, what sort of crew members you may attain to seek"?

[member="Giddean Kuat"]

Giddean was a little hard on time in means of building up more information. His master was looking for him to return in a months time and his new training meant that it was better to have a better start then the other student. He was stuck in private school for that last 12 years, but that did not dull his skills. When the captain, [member="Drake Jast"] asked him about the meaning of the ship meant to him, he already knew the name. "Modified Resurgent-Class Star Destroyer, upgraded in all ways and the prize figurehead of the First Order, last deployed with the Grand Moff Fleet as the Flagship and Diplomatic Vessel of the Head of State," Giddean paused to thing for a second, "Seems like a big Space Slug for a small crew?"

He looked over at [member="Ay Ge"] where he realized he did not introduce himself. "First off good joke, second, the name is Giddean, Info Broker and Mercenary, a new client is looking to get their hands of Order Decryption Codes and Scrambler, so I am looking to get said goods if that's the direction your going."

Ay continued her emotionless stare at [member="Drake Jast"] before replying, "answer, I have undergone close quarters combat training and are skilled in stealth and silent ranged weapons". "Past employment involved assassination and body guarding". For the time being she'd keep the whole genetically created super solider made to kill force users and counteract many of their skills.

Finishing her explanation her eyes turned to [member="Giddean Kuat"], nodding slightly to recognize his presence and past profession. "Joke, noun, something said to cause amusement or laughter.... thank you". "It is plesent to makes a acquaintance with you Mr Giddean, I hope your mission is successful".

[member="Drake Jast"]

[member="Giddean Kuat"]

He raised an eyebrow at Giddean.

"Shessh, must be very well connected. Aye I'll help ya get that, but conditions are I get a copy of those contents before we hand off the original to you. Any skills or extra associates you could bring in?"

He turned his eyes to Ge

"That's great, we're definitely gonna need some good hired hands on this one. You in?"

Giddean did not know this guy very well, and he was in a place where many would consider a heaven for criminal activities. Thought that was the reason he was here, he wanted to keep as much information as he could outside the view of this man.

"I am an Info Broker, its my job to know that kind of information." He pulled out an Advanced Slicing tool, "As for skills, beside being an expert marksman and skilled CQB operative, I am pretty well known for being a better slicer then some astromechs, I also speak Binary along with a large array of other languages, and should the need arise, I excel at getting people to talk."

Giddean was considered one of the more darker means of the New Jedi Order. He never used torture to get the information, but breaking his prisoners to get the information was often why he was always the last person to be called on for. His master considered it a darker means to gain victory, but others did not see it that way.

[member="Ay Ge"] [member="Drake Jast"]

[member="Giddean Kuat"] [member="Ay Ge"]

Drake nodded.

"Good enough for me. You seem solid so I won't grill ya too much more. Details of the job are this. We get to the vessel, pick it clean of any goodies and then haul it away. I get to keep the vessel, and a copy of any logs or info left behind. You guys can keep whatever you find inside of it. As far as pay I'll give you each ten percent on top of your claims on the final sale of the retrofit."

He grinned.

"How funny would it be to see the FO's prized vessel flying under the Alliance Banner, or whomever else. Here's my comm line, I'll contact you when ready."

"Answer, yes I will accept employment by your hands mister [member="Drake Jast"]", she did not know if there was one official document to sign though a verbal agreement worked just as well. Also meant less of a paper trail to follow if someone tried to find her. "As for the terms of employment, I have no issue at this current time"

Looking to the other arrivals his list of stills was something to look into, the slicing skill was certainly something one had to train a long time to get that good at. "Statement, you speak the binary language, perhaps we could converse some time", it was always good to keep up practice, there were not a lot of people that spoke fluent binary.

[member="Drake Jast"] [member="Giddean Kuat"]

[member="Drake Jast"] [member="Giddean Kuat"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom