Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Gray Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
DbUvYpI.png
dKooE9f.png
L1.jpg

Liberator.jpg
Image Source:
http://i.imgur.com/dKooE9f.png
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/19/18461/L1.jpg
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/19/18461/Liberator.jpg
Development Thread: N/A
Affiliation: [member="Gray Raxis"] Ξ [member="Stardust"]
Manufacturer: Inquisition Industries™
Model: The Gray Star
Modularity: weapons (they can be swapped to something similar in size.)
Production: unique
Material: quadranium, duranium, glassteel,
Classification: Transport

Length: 250 meters
Width: 400 Meters
Height: 120m

Armament: 16
X60 heavy Turbo lasers
• 15 fore
• 15 aft
• 15 port
• 15 starboard

X50 ion cannons
• 15 fore
• 15 aft
• 10 port
• 10 starboard

Defenses: 10
Standard ray and partical shield system
X4 16 flair tubes

Hangar: (L150m x W250m x H80m)
The wolf fang
10 starfighters (single not squadron)
1 shuttle or freighter

Special Features:

Misc -
Large living quaters
recreational quaters
Master bedroom
X10 medium bedrooms
X5 small bedrooms
Wash room
Kitchen
Bar
Armory
speeder Garage (X2 large or x1 large and x2 small)
Holonet
Work benches
Medical bay
Cargo bay (10,000 tonnes)
Training room

X2 Docking clamps
standard radar
Standard ray and particle shield system
Standard life support
X8 Escape pods
X4 16 flair tubes
X25 Z7 - Droid Brains
X50 Z6 - Droid Brains
Tractor beam
Catapult pressor

Maneuverability Rating: 9.5
Speed Rating: 9
Hyperdrive Class: 2 - backup 8

Strengths:

Hanging around - the main feature of this vessel is it's large under belly hanger that houses [member="Gray Raxis"] personal ship and room for a few star fighters.

Storage - while the ship is primarily a mobile home many features was able to be cut out of this ship compared to others of it's size. Instead the room has been able to be taken up with cargo space meaning the owners can collect and bulck sell anything or simply move goods from one place to the next.

Speed - while the ship is small it is slightly faster for it's size.

Weakness:

Low defence - while it can hold it's own in a small fray this ship was not designed for large combat. It can play a supporting role well from the far back but this ship would be more likely to get in the way anywhere else and suffer damage.

Description:
Designed after the classic liberator class cruiser the gray star has been rescaled and the removal of 330 guns. Although the 110 guns it dose have it to protect their home from small attacks from similar sized ships or smaller. Normally the guns would be operated by people but to cut out the middle man the ion cannons all use a Z6 Droid brain each while there is 1 Z7 Droid brain per 3 heavy Turbo lasers. the reloading of the weapons has also been set up to be done automatically. The only thing gray and star need to do is keep munitions stocked.

Although the ship was never intended to be focused around it's weapons but rather the interior. The hanger was the main focus that take up just over half of the ships main structure. The design was to make sure that the owners could fit a moderate amount of ships inside and to fit Grays own personal ship the wolf fang. While moving up The ship. The inside has been designed to be more homely than militaristic. While the ship dose offer a training room, armory and work spaces these are just accessories for them to use if wanted.

Intent: to create a mobile home for Gray and Star to live in and store their ships during travel.
Who Can Use This: [member="Gray Raxis"] Ξ [member="Stardust"]
Primary source:

Z6 - Droid Brain
Z7 - Droid Brain

[SIZE=14.8103px]http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Warhead_countermeasure[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.8103px]http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Deflector_shield/Legends[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.8103px]http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Docking_clamp[/SIZE]

([member="Gray Raxis"] and [member="Stardust"] has permission to submit modification without this accounts consent)

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

Hey, So this looks pretty close but I have some issues I would like to discuss.

First I will ask you to make some changes then explain why.
Make Armament 16
Make Defense 10
Make Speed 9
Make Maneuvering 9
Remove the weakness
Sanya Val Swift said:
Not suited for direct combat
Add "Speed and Maneuvering as a strength
Add No Defensive weapons as a weakness

no for the explanation :)
Firstly the Armament rating. A 400 meter ship with 110 turbolaser equivalant weapons would be alot more than armament 7. This puts it into a heavy frigate class and while it can have this many cannons it would be closer to armament 16.

the Liberator is one of those instances where wiki fails by letting anyone edit it. The current stats on it are from the old rebellion or supremacy game, which ever side of the pond you were on. These represented a power rating not a number of weapons. I played the game every day for years. Still love the engine it uses better than Empire at war but its old and turn based, anyway I digress.

The ship was 470 meter long originally the table top stats had it at 30 turbolaser batteries (150 guns since tabletop batteries were 5 mounts). I always used 30 heavy turbolaser batteries and 20 ion cannons when I used it on other forums. I admit those are not canon numbers just numbers settled upon on other sites over many discussions of the ship. The liberator class is one of my favorites and has always been a hot topic issue because it is so small and carries so many fighters and still guns like a small destroyer.

You can keep the 110 weapons on it but make the armament 16. :) a heavy frigate generally has 100 turbolasers, 20 warhead launchers, and 10 quad lasers. this is not a hard number but a general starting point. With it having a hanger for 1 squadron it would need that balance out a bit which you have done :)
The speed and maneuvering is a bit fast but with it being unique and having standard defenses The normal speed and maneuvering for a heavy frigate is 11 per the reference chart found here. Again these are not mandatory numbers but a starting place for use to help people with ship submissions.

I would say a ship with standard shielding and armor would fall into the average defense area and so that's why I ask for it to be made 10.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Reshmar"]

Edits done.

As my explanation I'm yet to submit a ship under the new template. so the new rating system I'm not used to and personally don't agree with but I can't really do anything but sit in a rocking chair and stare out the window shouting "damn space hippie at raz." Either way I still want make ships still so this is my first attempt getting used to it. Also I'm not used to making stuff bigger than a starship so again getting some experience.

As for the weapons am I still okay to leave them at just heavy Turbo lasers work would you prefer me to make them into a split of heavy and standard?

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

Sanya Val Swift said:
As for the weapons am I still okay to leave them at just heavy Turbo lasers work would you prefer me to make them into a split of heavy and standard?
with this being a "Heavy Frigate" It can carry a considerable amount of weapons. The instance we provide is 100 turbolasers, 20 warhead launchers, and 10 quadlasers. While this is not a set guide its a good place to start in considering this class of ship.

Per the "Capital Weapons Exchange Chart" Turbolasers = 2 while Heavy turbolasers = 4
so you have 60 heavy turbolasers which would be 120 normal turbolasrs. The add in 50 IOn Cannons for a total of 170 turbolaser equivalent weapons.

You are also allowed 20 warhead launchers (=4) so that helps. And since his is unique I see no reason why you would have to change them to normal turbolasers. Your right on par with what the ship is allowed if you break the different weapon type's down per the exchange chart. :)

We new to this too and still working out kinks for sure But I hope this helps you understand how the weapons work better now. The importance is balancing the rating over counting the guns. If you chose to add a few turbolasers in place for the warheads thats cool :) In the future there may be some changes who knows but for now this works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom