Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Gargaru Slugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]​
s695398235828805430_p3_i4_w470.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• [SIZE=9pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] To create “killer” armor piercing slugs for The Armoury[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Image Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]X & Y , Z (Youtube Link)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Canon Link: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Primary Source: Explosive Slug[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] , Mag Pellet [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] The Armoury [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Closed-Market, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]The Armoury[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Gargaru Slugs[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Caliber size [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Production[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Limited[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Material: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Durasteel, Quickflash Burning Gel[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt], Magnetic Attractor[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] , Sensor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Magnetic attractor in bullet case to increase magnetic acceleration potentials. (Helps when used with a weapon which uses some form of magnetic acceleration/railgun/verpine shatter technology. Otherwise is not a necessary part when using normal slugthrowers.)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Manufactured in various calibers, with the bigger calibers carrying more quickflash burning gel. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Sprays ignited quickflash burning gel in a cone from the front of the bullet right before impact due to integrated sensors, enabling the Quickflash burning gel to burn through organic and inorganic material before the rest of the slug hits, then the main body of the bullet acts like a normal bullet, and upon impact the spiked head launches the spikes to maximize internal damage. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Piranha. This bullet can chew through anything, primarily due to the inclusion of quickflash burning gel being ignited and dispersed in a cone in front of the bullet once the sensor activates it. Quickflash Burning Gel has the potential to burn through almost every known material. And if it can’t chew through on the first try, don’t sweat it, there’s always more than one bullet left in the mag. *(The Armoury does not take any responsibility for miscounting of ammunition on the user’s side due to this saying)* There is also the fact that upon impact the spiked head launches the spikes to maximize internal damage.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Variable. Being manufactured in various calibers has the added benefit of increasing both the range of weaponry which can utilize the bullet but also customer satisfaction.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Indiscriminate. This is one bullet with which you definitely do not want to be playing around with. Shooting someone, especially someone not wearing some type of armor, has a higher chance of being life threatening due to the many factors with which this bullet has. (Quickflash burning gel can burn through organic material with ease, the bullet itself is a bullet, and upon impact the spiked head launches the spikes to maximize internal damage.)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Don’t stand too close. Please listen to us on this one and do not use these for Close Quarters Combat. If you are close enough to throw a punch, then you are also close enough for the Quickflash Burning Gel to splash onto you. And you know what that can do to you… (If you did not know what it does to you, pour some acid on your arm and then multiply its effectiveness and speed by maybe 10 or 20 depending on the strength of the acid.)[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Its a bullet. In the age of blasters, using a bullet helps its user to signify that they are the ones shooting at you, because, put simply enough, it's a very different thing flying at you. This increases the chances of its user being noticed, and recognized later. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]The Gargaru Slug is the latest in bullet advancements. It is true that blaster weapons are the go to, but sometimes a bullet is just better. That is the case with the Gargaru Slug. Gargaru meaning Doomsday in Mando’a, it was made to replicate a common feature found in the old but highly prized armor piercing rounds. This feature was the simple action of increasing the bullet’s lethality by one small addition to the internals of the bullet. This addition is quickflash burning gel, which gets launched/sprayed out of the front of the bullet in a small cone in order to better penetrate armor. This is done via a sensor activating the spray function once the bullet is about to impact a target. Next to be launched are the small spikes which make up the spiky crown of each bullet. These upon impact explode forwards like a shrapnel grenade would in an attempt to maximize internal damage and the overall “hole” created. Now, the quickflash burning gel will most definitely help with that. And if you thought that we were done, then you were most definitely wrong. The spikes and the gel are all part of a bullet/slug, and the main body normally stays intact upon impact, and should continue flying forwards like the actually normal bullet which it is. Overall, the Gargaru Slug is just a bullet with some pretty incredible armor piercing capabilities. Now only if they would make explosive bullets with this technology… {The plan is to continue the line with an explosive slug}[/SIZE]

Hello! I'll be handling this sub for you, so let's get to it.

With a load like that, you're probably going to have issues if the weapon jams or the bullet misfires. You could add that in as a weakness, too, if you wanted.

My biggest question here is how the gel would happen. Because the round penetrates, the impact could trigger a release of the gel, but it would coincide with the actual penetration of the bullet, rather than precede it. So, you're probably looking at an amalgamation of deadly spikes and quickflash burning gel all at once as the round has penetrated, which would be... ugly for the recipient.

It's not quite what you're describing, but it's still nasty.

How do you feel about that?

[member="Taru Cadera"]

[member="Alkor Centaris"]

Sorry went on LOA, just ended today. I will get onto it asap.

Also, your idea is great, but i was going for the effect of the spikes shooting off after the gel ignites, therefore increasing the armor piercing ability of the slugs and spikes. If i need to reword my description/post i will...

[member="Taru Cadera"]

All good! Just didn't want to archive it if you were still working.

If you can find a way to make the slug work the way you envision it, by all means. It's just that unless the bullet has a sensor and can fire off the gel prior to impact, everything would probably happen simultaneously.

[member="Alkor Centaris"]

Edited to include the sensor which enables the gel to be ejected before impact and added a nice spoiler which holds a link to the testing of these bullets in real life, I recommend checking it out its pretty cool.

Also thank you for keeping this unarchived for me while I dealt with RL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom