Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future

[SIZE=12pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] A droid body for Ultimatum's work with the Metal Lords[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Image Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]N/A[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Canon Link: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Proof [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]of [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Tech[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Restricted Missions:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] N/A[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Primary Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]LOOM[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] N/A[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Production: Unique[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Ultimatum[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] No[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Material: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Aurodium, Alzoc Pearl, Bondite, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Vonium[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt], Desh, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Diatium[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Projector can create a body anywhere within a two meter radius and maintain projection up to three meters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Long batterylife[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Projector is intended to appear like a trinket or ornament[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Projector is vulnerable to most weapons[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Ionic weapons pass directly through projected body[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Ionic weapons cause the body to be non-physical for several seconds[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Projected body is highly visible[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Projection must be in line of sight of Projector to start[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Sudden change in distance between Projection and Projector cause immediate shut down[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Projection must maintain line of sight with the projector or risk being turned off[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]The Future was created to be a proof of further technological advancements made in holo technology. The concept of physical holograms was quiet ancient, along with the idea of a small projector allowing a hologram to move about freely. The combination of the two forms of technology is intended to act as a new body for Ultimatum's AI.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The projector is constructed with an aurodium and Alzoc pearl covering in order to conceal its purpose on the battlefield. This does not provide any significant protection against weapons or damage. It would take little more than a weak blaster bolt or something of that ilk to melt the entire device and end the projection. With advanced processors and components, the device has been reduced to a size comparable to a standard lightsaber hilt. The projector itself is powered by an overly large Diatium battery, the unit is capable of going for a long time without replacement or recharging.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The projection is the slightly darker blue variant of the standard hologram appearance. Rather than being an incorporeal image, the projection is a physical hologram that can interact with the rest of the physical world. Stronger than a human, but nowhere near as strong as his droid bodies. The body is most unfazed by conventional weapons, a strike from a blaster bolt will cause loss of physicality for a moment. However, ionic weapons can pass directly through the body and interfere with the hologram for several seconds. When the hologram is disrupted it will often become a simple image that can be passed through and cannot interact with the environment for some time. As the projected technology is still rather limited in range, the body projected must start within a two meter range and can then proceed to walk (or in some way physically traverse the distance) to a three meter maximum range from the projector, initial maintain line of sight with the projector, should something come between the projector and the projection, the projection is pulled towards the projector. If no space along the line from the initial projection point then the projector turns off and must be turned back on manually. The projected body can hold the projector to allow free movement, however it obviously cannot start the projection. It must be turned on by someone else.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The projector has been preprogrammed to project a single physical image, that of Ultimatum. The projector is incapable of creating new images beyond the single one, thus requiring Ultimatum to utilize weapons and tools from the environment to aid in combat. The projector, upon initial startup, creates the image of Ultimatum within a random point within the two meter line of sight. This projection must then walk in order to move through the environment, if the projection attempts to leave the radius of projection the physicality will fade and the image will be pulled back into range. If the projector moves slowly away from the projection then the image is pulled along and suffers the same loss of physicality. If the projector or projection is rapidly removed from the other then the projector turns off automatically, ending the projection.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]-----[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]OOC: Made adjustments based on what was suggested for this sub before being denied. I was not given a chance before to deal with the concerns of the judge, most of which I had not thought of myself and was unaware of the problem until after it was already denied. The concerns were understandable, but without having an opportunity to even respond, much less adjust accordingly, and I have tried to make amends in this by covering most of the areas that were brought up in the previous submission.[/SIZE]

[member="Ultimatum"]

There are several serious concerns I have with this piece of tech.
  1. A projection unit the size of a small trinket will not have the capacity/space for an energy cell sufficient to cast such a demanding projection. It simply is not feasible for this to be carried around in that way for the purposes of balance on SWRP or realistic interpretation of the vague canon tech referenced.
  2. Any power cell used, save for something as large and abundant as an actual power generator will not have a long battery life.
  3. The wording of this submission gives off the impression that this will effectively render the AI character utilizing it invulnerable to all forms of damage. Something in the way of an ion grenade, or heavy ion blaster, or anything larger than a small blaster should have the ability to effectively end the projection.
  4. I'm also not comfortable with the projection being able to break the line of sight with the projector, as the point of the projector is to project the hologram.
I would advise that you consider the strengths and weaknesses of this submission, perhaps readjust its intended use, and/or clarify the wording used throughout. If you are able to satisfy my concerns above I will stamp this.

Alright so let's get this started.

1-2. The unit is the same size as a lightsaber hilt, with a larger than average diatium energy cell. According to the pedia, the power cell is capable of containing massive amounts of energy, and lightsabers would require more power than this in order to maintain the blade.
3. I tried to word it such that a shot at the projector would be a simple way of killing the projection. The trick is to aim for the projector, obviously if the projection is wearing the projector and an ion grenade hits both then the projection would disappear entirely. The projection is merely am image of light, and therefore cannot be destroyed by conventional weapons, the projector however is vulnerable to just about everything.
4. I guess I will change this, my only reason for putting it in was the fact that there is no documented projector for the other two.

My personal thought is that should it come to a fight, which I will attempt to avoid putting this into, a writer may just decide that their character notices the projector and immediately shoots it or something akin to that. It's an incredibly difficult to protect weakness that basically allows a person to immediately destroy it.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom