Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fast Hunt (pm to join)

[member="Atiniir Starrider"] [member="Satele Carrick"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"]

A creature that had become known as a Velocoraptor, had been damaging progress on the island colony of Siricuse. They moved to fast for her militia to just shoot, and they blended into the background to well for her scouts to hunt down with ease. She decide the best way to get rid of them, was to put a bounty on there hides. This way the hunters where not her responsibility, and if they failed to get results she did not have to pay them.

She had dossier to give to every hunter, who came to try there luck with this raptor.
Name: Velocoraptor
Designation: semi-sentient
Homeworld: Elysian
Language: Can communicate, through roars click with there tong on top palate, but basic
Average height of adults: 2 meters
Skin color: Colour is similar to it's surrounding for each pack, though does not change if you drop one from a forest into a desert
Hair color: None
Breathes: Type 2
Strengths: Force Speed is normal ability to this creature
Young apprentice level
Normal Adult Knight level
Dominate male/female master level
Can bite through medium armour
Weaknesses: can not penetrate level 9 armour at all
can not be easily tamed
Distinctions: Force using dinosaur
Average Lifespan: 10 years
Races: no real sub species just skin colour for the terrain
Estimated Population: Only found on a single world
Diet: Any meat
Communication: infra sound clicks
Culture: Pack base with females and one dominate male, each pack has roughly between 6-12 females with a dominant female. The female is who decides, which females are allowed to mate, and in the lean times is known to kill the weaker pack members. She also leads the hunt, and as well as where the pack goes. As well as defends their territory, or run if they do feel they can not.
The dominate males being stronger than the females, have first call over any kills. They only fight each other, if another male trys to userp his place. unless desperate for food then they will join in the hunt.
The young males tend to be forced out the pack while still young, where they forced to look after themselves. They have to hunt for them selves, fight off or run away from other dominate males. This way only the strongest males, become the doimante male of a pack, and the weaker maes perish.
Technology level: none
General behavior: Hunting, Sleeping, fighting for dominance, and reproducing
History: Naturally highly evolved predator.
Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: To added character to a world I am making

She then waited for the hunters to come, and made sure they had a chance against them, as she had lost some men to them.

Atiniir's first clue as to how this hunt was going to go was when the smuggler that had dropped him off zoomed away as soon as Atiniir was off the ramp. Atiniir was amazed that the hatch didn't smack him in the head as it retracted. Atiniir scowled at the black speck in the sky, hoping that the payment promised would be enough to bring the smuggler back, then brought up the dossier on his datapad. From the looks of things, this was going to be either really fun, or very suicidal. These things appeared to be capable of Force speed, which was bad enough, but it also seemed like they would be able to bite straight through the blaster-resistant vest Atiniir wore as his only armor. The thing could barely take a glancing blaster hit, much less a mouth full of fangs, which brought up another issue. These things would move too fast even for Atiniir, a very capable sharpshooter, to take down with a blaster. He would have to rely on his vibrosword, and that meant getting into and staying in the range of those teeth.

Checking the coordinates, Atiniir found the location of his contractor, [member="Elaine Thul"]. When he reached her, he gave a two-fingered salute of welcome and stood straight and tall.

"Su'cuy Miss Thul," he said, doing his best with the Mando'a, "I hear you have a wildlife problem."

A small four legged droid walked towards them. It had a small plattform, and once it was close, it displayed an hologram "Name is Acaleus" said the image of the assassin standing, with his hand on the sides. In reality, he was on top of a tall tree, over a large branch. He had to do that once Venus, his pilot, drop him on the planet, near a forest. The sound of the engines close to the floor maybe scare out the animals but once the ship went flying away.

The had all his weapons and a simple body armor "Im already on the forest. I mistake the rendezvous point for a few miles and well im not going to spend the fuel of my ship just for that" said as he heard some kind of noise from below, and looked down. He thought that a shadow passed around a tree "I will send you my location. Please tell me in which direction i should go"

[member="Elaine Thul"]

[member="Atiniir Starrider"] "Su'cuy Miss Thul," he said, doing his best with the Mando'a, "I hear you have a wildlife problem."

Yes I do, I need people help locate them, and kil them. She look at him and wonder if he was going to die out there, then again it wa his choice. You are young, have you got experiance of hunting wild animals. She was not going to stop him if he wanted to go, as she need more guns for the job. As well it was pay as you kill job, and if he got killed she would owe him nothing at all. She then saw one her recon parties coming back, they had man on stretcher injured but still alive. They dragging in a young male Velocoraptor in, she made sure the would be hunter looked at small version of what he was after.

[member="Acaleus Thorn"] This space traffic control, relaying coordinates for landing zone. Please be ready for a security inspection upon arrival, and state your business. The colony had already started to grow, and jobs where been done by people. The space port however was little more, than a naturally flat section of rock. Though from here he would be met by a few local secuirty, just to make sure he was not here cause trouble. As they where unsure of his origins, so it was better to be safe than sorry.

[member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Elaine Thul"]
Atiniir chuckled at the woman's questioning of his abilities.

"I've never faced anything like this," he said honestly, "But I've fought some tough enemies before. Adapt and overcome, as they say." The arrival of the fellow hunter got Atiniir's blood pumping. Was this a challenger, or a potential ally? No matter, Atiniir had work to do. He examined the small animal the recon party had brought in and found that it was much as he had expected: lithe, strong, and a packing a mouthful of razor sharp teeth.

"Hope you don't mind," Atiniir said. He drew his vibrosword out of its sheath, turned it on, and with an overhand cleave smacked the blade into the creature. The razor-sharp blade, assisted by the vibration, cut through the hide like a knife through butter, cutting straight to the ribcage. Atiniir grinned, he totally had this.

"All right, that's all I needed," Atiniir said, wiping the blood from his blade and sliding it back into the sheath, "I'll be going." With that Atiniir jogged away, heading into the forest.

"Well...does a fight against a zombie Rancor count as a hunt? Im young, not stupid. Gonna go now" said turning off the camera. The problem of jumping and landing on the ground was fighting against what was outthere alone. That animal was fast and Acaleus wouldnt be able to react in time. Maybe a decoy, or something for distraction. If that Velocoraptor was a real hunter, that mean it wasnt stupid enough to fall for a trap. Acaleus would have time to think while runnin and jumping from branch to branch.

He would be careful about the other guy who was hunting, in a moment like this, friend or foe didnt matter. The prey was fast and he had to find and advantage, no matter how small it was, to defeat it

[member="Elaine Thul"] [member="Atiniir Starrider"]

[member="Atiniir Starrider"]

She watched him jog off, as he did she wonder why, he use a blade against dead one and think it would be effective against a living one. After a moving opponent was hard to hit, and one that fought back was even harder. None the less that was his problem and not hers, hers was organizing where they were and not. She had to keep her settlement safe, everything else was secondary even this kids life. She wonder what other hunters would join on this bounty, and how many would make it back.

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

She then heard there was another hunter on the loose, he was how ever appentry he was studying his prey from the air. This seemed hopeful to her, as he had the sense to see them for what they were first.

[member="Elaine Thul"][member="Acaleus Thorn"]
Atiniir entered the forest, and slowed his jog to a fast-paced walk, keeping every sense trained on the forest around him. He had to be careful, very careful. These things were probably capable of striking faster than he could react. He didn't know exactly how many were out here, but he had to come across one soon. Sure enough, a few paces into the wilderness he hit tracks. There were about four he could make out, though he was not the best animal tracker so there could be more or less. Atiniir drew his vibrosword and blaster and started moving quietly through the woods.

After a few minutes of searching, Atiniir had some luck. He found a small pool, and at that pool was one of the creatures he was looking for, drinking. Atiniir grinned and aimed. He was about to fire when suddenly something smashed into him from behind and sent him flying out of cover and into the pond. Atiniir leapt to his feet, thanking his lucky stars for body armor, and was face to face with a massive raptor. The raptor roared and lunged. Atiniir dove out of the way, thankfully landing on dry land, but now he was on his stomach. He rolled quickly to his back just in time to plunge his vibrosword into the throat of a roaring raptor that had gotten into biting position in an impossible amount of time. Blood spurted all over Atiniir's face, and the raptor fell dead on top of him.

Atiniir hefted the creature off of him and breathed a sigh of relief, but he wasn't out of the woods yet. Just when he thought he was safe, the jaws of the raptor that had been drinking clamped on the arm holding his blaster pistol. Atiniir screamed and plunged his sword through the creature's skull. The animal went limp, but now Atiniir was breathing profusely from his right arm and he heard roars that declared the presence of more creatures. Atiniir watched in horror as the last two of the pack charged out of the forest with Force-assisted speed. One was smaller and slower, obviously a juvenile, but the other was even larger than the first one to attack him and moved with incredible speed, getting on him in seconds.

Atiniir barely had time to react before the larger one hit him and knocked him into the ground. The creature started to clamp its jaws around his throat, but Atiniir struck with his sword, cleaving the creature's head clean off with the razor sharp blade. The animal's jaws reflexively clenched, barely missing Atiniir's jugular and leaving shallow but still bleeding holes. The young bounty hunter shoved the animal off and climbed to his feet. The last creature backed away, but when it started to turn and run Atiniir, gritting his teeth against the pain, raised his right arm and blasted it. The creature fell dead to the ground.

Atiniir, bleeding profusely and breathing heavily, raised his communicator to his mouth.

"This is Starrider," he said, "I need a med team to my location, ASAP." With that Atiniir sat heavily on the ground and began trying to stem the flow of blood from his arm.

After a few minutes of hard work, the assassin was sweating, resting on a big branch "Two hours of getting familiar with the forest, then creating a few traps..." he then stood up, hearing something moving "Could the animal be capable of smell me?" thought remembering the closest river from his position. In a moment he jumped from branch to branch, until reaching the location. Acaleus walked and stained his clothes, picking up mud and spreading it, hoping that it would disguise his scent from the beast.

Acaleus just returned to the forest, and leaned his back against a tree. It was getting dark, and so Acaleus wore a simple night vision glasses just as the sun was seen on the horizon. With hopes, the animal would get close. The assassin got the ground advantage with the traps all over the zone. If everything went south, then he would bring bigger weapons and blow everything up

[member="Elaine Thul"] [member="Atiniir Starrider"]

As he requested help asap, a group of infantry were dispatched to him. They rode in an air speeder, to avoid the ground. They quickly located and moved to his position, as they did they sent down a medic and few men first to assess his wounds, he would live. Though he need medical attention asap, if they were going to save his arm. The medic injected him with bacta, to help stabilize him. He then wonder why they let such young man go and hunt this creature in the first place, though he did manage to kill four. He then began stitching the young man up, and got him on to air speeder, to take him hospital. He would right as rain by tomorrow, and who knows, he might try again.

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]
The animals could smell him, and young lone male came looking for him. He was crouching low as he moved in, toward his prey he could not know he was moving in against an obsidian knight. It moved in slowly hoping to get the drop on him, but it was an inexperienced hunter........

[member="Elaine Thul"]
(OOC: um, in case you didn't notice, I killed four, not one)
Atiniir woke up in a medbay, bandages wrapped around his arm and a terrific headache. He sat up, groaned, and rubbed his head as the memories of the previous day came flooding back. He slid off the bed and wandered around the camp until he reached Elaine.

"All right lady, I just got myself seriously torn up curbing your pest problem," Atiniir said, "By my recollection, I shot or stabbed four raptors out there. That means four thousand credits. If you don't mind, I'll take it and be on my way."

He heard the noise of something falling. Acaleus approached to a hole on the floor, with the velocoraptor impaled in severals spikes attached to its surface and screaming in pain "That was easy..." said yawning and sitting again beneath a tree, on the middle of a dozens of traps that were hidden around him. In less than a few minutes, he heard three different screech with three different traps being activated. Now they were less. The assassin stood up once more and run towards a plain. Two velocoraptors showed out angry, very likely looking for revenge.

"Come on you...! oh whatever just hurry up!" screamed without turning or taking out any weapon. The first one that was getting close, moving fast and just as the animal was opening his mouth, the assassin throw a punch into the fangs, and created a force ball that expanded from his left hand in a moment. A *crack* was heard, that meant the animal had the jaw dislocated and so the velocoraptor felt towards the assassin. The other was just a few meter away, and Acaleus wouldnt be able to evade the incoming attack. But it wasnt necessary, as he just let the body of the first animal to push his body to the back. In a moment, he was rolling out, while the second velocoraptor crashed with the body of his fellow.

The assassin stood in a moment turning his wrist lightsabers on while the velocoraptor surrounded him in circles. In a moment, both of them run, both giving everything they could. The lightsaber went between the eyes, while the force of the animal pushed him back. The difference was that the first one was dead and the second felt a claw going through his shoulder. The pain was burning, and so the lightsaber on the wound for stopping the bleeding "Venus, going to need a extraction...now" said putting a bandage to hold his arm.

[member="Atiniir Starrider"] [member="Elaine Thul"]

The guard nodded to him and said Yes you killed four, and that would give you four thouasand. Though you have to include your medical bills and extraction, and while we do appreciate people coming to kill them. We do not wish to risk our lives doing it. Though we thought we be nice and only charge you five hundred, he then gave the hunter three thousand and five hundred credits. He smiled and said, If you want there are more out there for you to kill. He waited for the young hunter reply, and see how he reacted to having o pay some of his medical bills.

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]
As he waited, another group started to move towards his position. They were a little more cautious, as they saw what happened to other one. Though they did not like being subject of another beast hunt, and wanted to render him to a snack.....

As Acaleus put the bandage around the shoulder, he heard a few clicks "Is this a punishment for something? Oh god that i dont believe sorry for using the toothbrush, i was sleepy that day..." thought while ending a knot. The problem was that they were fast, heavy and unloading the magazine of every weapon wouldnt penetrate the skin, only a lightsaber but the weapon he was using was thought for dealing with close combat. In close combat against those beast would mean absolute dead.

He didnt had any clue how to kill them or stay alive until Venus arrive and hit him for getting injured, but he needed to think of something fast. With a quick sprint, he tried to outrun the velocoraptor and reach to a tree. In there, the height would separated him from the death, but the sound of the feets getting closer and closer was scary. Acaleus made a force jump, grabbing a tree branch with his good hand and climbing it. The others velocoraptors tried to catch him, but couldnt as the assassin was ten meters from the floor. Venus came down with the ship and throw a rope down for Acaleus to pick and enter.

Once he was on the hangar, he sat on a crate "Give me something for the pain and leave me again" "Shut up...alright" said Venus getting out the medic bag and work into Acaleus wounds. A few minutes later, it was all patched up "Take this grenades and...well good luck" said flying the AT-120 close to the ground. He could see the group from before surrounding the landing zone. Acaleus turned his wrist lightsaber while his other arm wouldnt be of any help "Now this is a challenge..." thought while he was left alone once more

[member="Elaine Thul"]

[member="Acaleus Thorn"]

The grenades exploded and they have never experienced the sudden sound before, it sent the pack running in all directions. It also took out couple of them, but like any startled predators they would be back. Though they would be some time they were the grenade had taken out a matriarch of that pack, and this will cause some infighting until knew dominant female is chosen to lead the group. Though the dominant male would not care, as long as no males try usurp his position. Though for now the hunter was safe, as they had gone fair distance in short space of time.

Nefertari arrived. She was no professional bounty hunter, not by a long shot. However, controlling the population of these force-using dinosaurs appealed both to her mission of helping others, and her noble roots.

Two lightsaber hilts hung on either side of her, totaling four. A scattergun was hanging on her shoulder by a strap.
The Jedi had researched her target, and came with armored robes.
Nef approached [member="Elaine Thul"]. The dark side was rather potent around her, but she was the one who had commissioned this hunt, so she was the one to ask

"A quick question; what other wildlife is out there?"

If she could use nature as an ally, she would want to be prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom