Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Faction Forum News Post to tag all Members as an @mention.

So I was discussing methods of keeping all faction members aware of what is going on in the faction, and the subject of mass messages came up.

That brought to mind the "News" section on the front page of every Faction forum. In there, a Faction Admin can post a "news" section to highlight things going on in the faction.

My suggestion is this: when a Faction Admin posts in the "News" section, it automatically sends an alert to all members in the Faction. Not as a Pm, but perhaps in the similiar manner as an @ mention.

tumblr_nkriq9vPmG1rf6n06o1_540.png

Cira said:
So I was discussing methods of keeping all faction members aware of what is going on in the faction, and the subject of mass messages came up.

That brought to mind the "News" section on the front page of every Faction forum. In there, a Faction Admin can post a "news" section to highlight things going on in the faction.

My suggestion is this: when a Faction Admin posts in the "News" section, it automatically sends an alert to all members in the Faction. Not as a Pm, but perhaps in the similiar manner as an @ mention.
Tell them to click the "Follow this faction" button located in your highlighted example. I used to get updates from the Republic all the time this way - the follow button does exactly what you're asking for.

If it automatically generated these alerts, it would create a huge server load. There's lots of inactives in your factions that do not benefit from this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom