Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trapped.

Kass had awoken inside a dark, dank cell. She was in terrible pain. Though it was hard to see well enough to examine herself, it looked like an attempt had been made to tend to the badly wounded lower half of her body. But the medics likely didn’t know how to properly treat her physiology, so the effort was sloppy at best.

Something was dampening her connection to the Force, making it feel distant and weak. Without it or her weapons, she was nigh helpless, completely at the mercy of her captors.

No, don’t think that way. Try to remember exactly what happened, and then come up with a plan.

She had been transporting an unusual holocron created by Laertia Io Laertia Io . Where was the holocron now? Probably confiscated by her captors. She could recall the crash and the ensuing battle against House Io forces, though the details grew fuzzy right around the time she’d been injured and had slipped into unconsciousness. Yet, hadn’t a third party appeared with their own designs on the holocron? Were they the ones who ultimately claimed the crystal grimoire for themselves?

If so, why had they captured her? Why not just kill her, or leave her there to die?

She heard noises outside her cell. With bated breath, she strained to listen…

Last edited:
Time: Early Evening
Objective: Survive and Escape
Dialogue Legend: <<Technopathy Link>> │ “Verbal”
Tags: Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla

Nothing had worked.

Try as he might, Mecha Lieutenant Alpha-12 had been unable to crack open the brain of the Chaplain Nuetralizer that had fallen under his custody. None of their machinery or interfaces had been able to hook up to what by all indications was an organic droid brain to download its contents. That left only one seemingly viable option: torture. Unfortunately, it was an ordeal that the Chaplain had easily evaded by simply shutting down. It hadn’t helped that they had no trained interrogators in the area and even if they did, Alpha-12 doubted that he or she might be able to pry secrets out from the brain of an organic Nuetralizer. By all accounts, they didn’t feel pain in any traditional sense, so that left him with almost no viable options…

Save for the Jedi.

Making his way to the Jedi’s cell, accompanied by a single guard clad in a heavy powersuit, Alpha-12 had taken off his helmet to reveal rugged features marked with scars and cybernetics in equal measure. No longer the young, ambitious, and fanatical Scar Hound he had been during the Second Great Hyperspace War, he had yet preserved much of his strength by replacing ailing flesh with machinery. Naturally, he had found himself in the company of the Omnists and soon, he had declared his faith and made his sacrifice, which came in the form of the removal of his organic legs. Having replaced them with cybernetics, he could now run faster and jump higher than any unaugmented human could ever hope to.

And yet, for all of the strength he had wrought for himself since the end of the war, the Scar Hounds and the Omnists had grown feeble and weak. He could have left them long ago, perhaps to find work as a mercenary and later retire off to some peaceful farming world in the Outer Rim. Instead, he had stayed for but one reason.

Fear.

In spite of her weakened state, Kassogtha would be able to sense fear’s hold over Alpha-12’s ego. He entered the cell as if he feared nothing—a calm swagger in his gait that spoke of authority and confidence. And yet, his consternation was so thick in the currents of the Force that one might be able to taste it.

“Jedi.” Alpha-12 began, his voice a low, masculine rumble as he placed a seat on the floor and swung one of his legs over the back of the chair, before sitting down. “I hope you are healing well. I apologize in advance for the…unsuitable cell arrangements. My men weren’t quite sure if you would be more comfortable with a chair, a bed, or just the floor. While we can’t offer anything specifically suited to your physiology, please let me know if you wish for any of the accommodations to be corrected.” He continued. “That said, I am Mecha Lieutenant Alpha-12. You may call me Alpha, if you wish. I trust that you understand the reason I am visiting you, this evening, yes?”

Last edited:
A man entered her cell. He was a big, burly fellow with numerous cybernetics. Though he was the one with all the power in this situation, she couldn’t help but notice his fearful body language. What was he afraid of?

“Jedi. I hope you are healing well. I apologize in advance for the…unsuitable cell arrangements. My men weren’t quite sure if you would be more comfortable with a chair, a bed, or just the floor. While we can’t offer anything specifically suited to your physiology, please let me know if you wish for any of the accommodations to be corrected.”

Kass blinked. She assumed this was a ploy to get her to lower her guard. “The arrangements are fine, thank you,” she replied in an even tone. “But if you intend to keep me alive, I will need better medical treatment. Preferably by someone who knows how to treat a female Pylantian.

“That said, I am Mecha Lieutenant Alpha-12. You may call me Alpha, if you wish. I trust that you understand the reason I am visiting you, this evening, yes?”

You took the holocron,” she concluded. “Now you want to know what you have, and you believe that you can get that information from me.

You took the holocron,” she concluded. “Now you want to know what you have, and you believe that you can get that information from me.

“Something to that effect, yes. Regardless, it is good to know that your mind is intact.” Alpha-12 said, a gentle, relieved smile coming over his scarred features as he did. Indeed, the Jedi was one of his last options, before he might need to resort to more extreme measures.

Directing a subtle nod towards his guard, the man briefly left the room, before returning with a locked box in hand—made of gleaming, reflective ultrachrome. From there, the box was set on a table within the cell, close enough that had it not been for the containment field surrounding her, the Librarian might have been able to reach out and grab it with a pseudopod.

Immediately, she would be able to feel what was inside. The Holocron of Blades.

“See, we already know what we have.” Alpha-12 began as he unlocked the box and gently pulled out the holocron, as if he were cradling a sickly infant. “Inside this datacron are the manufacturing secrets behind arguably the most advanced droid army in the modern era, dare I say, all of galactic history. Nuetralizers. The unyielding perfection of the machine, made manifest. Even among my sect, they are respected and feared.” He continued. “Unfortunately, the secrets within are guarded by a…perverse personality, to say the least. Strange how genius can come from such a queer mind. Nevertheless, I have been led to believe that you have the expertise needed to crack this holocron and extract the secrets within.”

A pause.

“Do this for me and your freedom, your life, is yours.”

Of course he wanted the droid army. That was what they were all after, wasn’t it? Even the Jedi, in taking the holocron, had hoped to learn the secrets of the Neutralizers so as to better combat them.

In theory, Alpha was correct. At the very least, Kass was likely more qualified than anyone else present to unlock the secrets of the holocron. She was extremely reluctant to hand over that knowledge to these people, but at this point she had very little choice.

Besides, agreeing to do as he asked would place her in a much greater position of power than he could possibly imagine.

I can do it,” she replied. “But not as long as I am bound by this containment field. To access any holocron, one must have the Force. If I cannot touch the Force, I cannot unlock its secrets.

In other words, he would have to let her out of her cage and count on the fact that she was vastly outnumbered, injured, and alone to keep her from rebelling against her captors.

A moment’s pause.

Suddenly, five more guards filed into the room, each clad in a heavy powersuit and wielding a heavy blaster. Indeed, it seemed that a silent transmission had passed from Alpha-12 to the other guards in the facility, communicating a need for their presence. Not long after, the hunched over form of a scribe entered the room, a tangle of wires poking out from his crimson robes as he hefted a large transcription machine in his cybernetic arms. From there, he set the device down at the outside of the cell and soon, it came to life with a soft, mechanical hum.

“Mecha Sergeant Gamma-62, lower the containment field.” Alpha-12 directed, before standing up from his chair and taking a few steps back. Indeed, it was a risk to allow the Librarian to call on the Force, but Alpha-12 saw no other choice. At the very least, he was satisfied in the steps he had taken to mitigate it.

“Mecha Scribe Helix-10, unlock the box and bring the prisoner the holocron.” Alpha-12 commanded, at which point the scribe nodded and tapped at the display on the box. Before long, it came open with a soft hiss, steam billowing out as the holocron came into view.

“We will give you some time to work on the holocron, Jedi. If you do not succeed in cracking it, we will reactivate the containment field and make a second attempt in a few hours time.” Indeed, Alpha-12 did not intend to keep the guards on such high alert for hours at a time, if it wasn’t necessary. He needed them fresh and energetic, in the event of an escape attempt.

“You may begin.”

Alpha said nothing. Kass waited, unsure of what to expect. Since she couldn’t sense his emotions, she couldn’t gauge his reaction to her request.

Though she didn’t hear him issue any verbal orders, more guards and a scribe inexplicably filed into the cell. Finally, he commanded one of his men to deactivate the containment shield. Kass’ senses expanded as the Force came rushing back to her, lifting her spirits. The first thing she did was reach out toward Oukranos, brushing his consciousness to let him know she was alive. She felt his relief even across the vast distance of light years, though his aura remained tinged with gnawing concern. No doubt he was wondering where she was, what she was doing, and whether or not she needed his help…

Before she could communicate more, the thin connection was overloaded by the twisted aura of the Holocron of Blades. The scribe had opened the sealed box containing the crystal grimoire, and Alpha was now expecting her to begin.

Kass slithered toward the holocron, taking care not to disturb the bandages covering her lower body. She reached a pseudopod toward the pyramid, using the Force to activate it.

A hologram of Laertia Io sprang forth from a tiny projector, the holocron’s Guardian. Clad in her biker leathers, she studied Kass. “You are a Jedi,” she concluded. “Dyed in the nerf-wool. You’ve never once questioned their beliefs. You are not worthy of my teachings.”

I do question the Jedi,” Kass said quickly, exhaling sharply. She had to keep Alpha and his men preoccupied, at least let them think that there was a chance they would get what they wanted. Even if it meant lying. “When I was young, I was always questioning what the Jedi taught me. Now I am… middle-aged, and I find myself with even more questions, and no answers…

While she babbled, the Guardian’s gaze roamed over the guards, scribe, and Alpha, seeing the Omnist insignias on their armor. Kass could tell by the look on her face that she had already deduced what was really going on here.

Please,” Kass beseeched her. “I was assigned to transport you to the Jedi Temple archives. But you… caught my interest. I want to learn. Please… help me…

“I won’t give out my secrets to the enemy,” the Guardian replied flatly. “But I can do something else for you.”

The hologram suddenly generated a powerful wave of Light in a radius all around it. Kass braced herself, but felt no ill effects. In fact, she felt stronger than ever. Her connection to the Force had been renewed, her powers granted a temporary increase.

Any Dark Adepts within the Guardian’s reach would’ve been killed instantly by the wave of energy. Not that there were many within the ranks of the Omnists. They would have to deal with another threat, though—that of Jedi Master Kassogtha Cthylla, who immediately began to use mechu-deru to shut down their cybernetics.

“I won’t give out my secrets to the enemy,” the Guardian replied flatly. “But I can do something else for you.”

Something was wrong.

<<Weapons ready, weapons ready now!>> Alpha-12 transmitted to the guards, at which point he swiftly drew a blaster pistol from the holster on his belt. Unfortunately, by the time he had it ready a wave of Light had sent him flying into the wall, generating an explosion not dissimilar to one which might be produced by a typical flashbang grenade. Attempting to regain his balance, Alpha-12 managed to push his torso off of the ground with his hands, but his legs failed to respond to his commands.

<<Take the Jedi down, now! >> He transmitted frantically. Unfortunately, many of the guards inside the cell had even more cybernetics than he did, rendering them helpless. However, one guard managed to bring up his blaster rifle with his lone organic limb, before holding down the trigger and firing the weapon on full auto towards what he believed was the Jedi’s general direction. Nevertheless, as he had been blinded by the incandescent blast, his shots would likely be inaccurate.

<<Prison break in cell 4-F! All personnel to cell 4-F, now!>>
ILVNBpD.png
Snapping awake, Alessandra Io endured a sudden rush of sensation as her systems came back to life. However, it didn’t take longer than a split-second for the gynoid to recover her awareness. She had been placed in a containment field, which was also inside a cell. Her body was hooked up to various wires and tubes, some drawing blood, while others were for some inexplicable purpose.

She was not alone.

A pair of technicians—their forms sprouting all manner of cybernetic appendages, wires, implements, and limbs scrambled upon noticing that their charge was awake. Even though their features were concealed—or removed—Alessandra sensed their panic via the subtleties of their movements.

The gynoid didn’t waste a moment.

Her dovin basal heart accelerated its beat and with it, gravity shifted and twisted around the two technicians, before gently, yet threateningly squeezing their forms, causing the various cybernetic wires sprouting from their bodies to pop as steam hissed out from the ruptures.

<<Lower the field, now.>>

Kass absorbed the blaster fire, flinging the energy back at the guards. Seizing the holocron with one pseudopod, she tore the door to her cell off its hinges with the Force and slithered out into the hallway beyond.

More Omnists were coming, and blaster fire was soon raining down upon her. She threw up a Force barrier in a bubble around her to block their attacks as she kept moving, racing down the corridor.

Another group lay ahead, armed to the teeth, but she didn’t stop. In fact, she only picked up speed until the barrier slammed into the soldiers, knocking them aside and into each other. Their armor clattered together, creating a cacophony of banging metal and cybernetic parts.

The Force alone was her guide and protector, showing her the way as she plowed through them, determined to survive.

The bolts were absorbed and redirected as an explosion of energy which tore through the ranks of the guards with the strength of a plasma grenade, instantly incinerating four of them in the blast, while the rest were left charred and burned. Suddenly, the Librarian was loose and true freedom for her was only a starship away. The chasing Omnists seemed to have little ability to keep up, but in an attempt to slow her progress, many of the doors within the hallway began to slide shut in front of her, potentially forcing the Jedi to find alternate paths if she was unable to get through them, whether via brute force, slicing, or perhaps even slithering.

At the same time, Kass might register a familiar pulse within the currents of the Force, one that she was intimately attuned to and had accompanied her through much of her career as a Jedi Master.

Her lightsaber was in a workshop nearby.

As doors began to slam shut before her, Kass was forced to a halt. She had left a trail of corpses in her wake, and more Omnists were still in pursuit.

Behind one of the doors, she sensed her pair of lightsabers. Searching for weaknesses in the metal, she found a vulnerability and exploited its shatterpoint. The door exploded inwards, and she climbed inside.

Dozens of faces turned toward her, droids and engineers covered in cybernetics. Her weapons were laid out on a table, perhaps destined to be dismantled for their valuable parts. She seized them both with the Force just in time to deflect a few blaster bolts headed her way. The twin blades glowed with green light as she began cutting down everything in her path, determined to escape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom