Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Empty Vault

A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she leaned back in the large chair, her back to the window for a moment. Slowly spinning, her golden hues fell upon the cityscape that spread out before her. Slowly pulling herself up, she stepped forward, her arms slipping behind her back as she clasped her hands together. The woman kept her focus upon the city for a moment before she looked over her shoulder.

"Come."

She said before turning around, her hand coming to rest upon the back of her chair to set it back into its proper place. Stepping around from the table, her golden hues fell upon the creature before her. A soft smirk crossing her lips, revealing her fangs as she stood there and offered a simple bow of her head.

"Greetings Cousin."

Amelia addressed the being, knowing of its ties to her mother's line. They were cousins, though very much removed from one another by quite a few relatives. None the less she still greeted the individual as family. Motioning with her hand, she offered him the seat before her desk as she moved towards the cabinets.

Lightly pressing upon the bottom edge, the shelf slowly slipped out to reveal the various bottles of liquor that resided upon the racks. Gracefully pulling a crystal decanter from where it lay, she plucked two glasses from where they hung before returning to the large desk. Setting the glasses down, she pulled the stopper free, pouring the sanguine liquid before setting the decanter to the side.

"We've much to speak of and only a few hours before dawn."

[member="Orloch Moretti"]

The tall, gaunt hybrid moved about the room. His dark robes seemed to give impression of him gliding rather than a simple stride. He took a seat at the woman's desk as, politely returning the bow. It would have been hard to imagine that he was actually the younger kinsman of the two, his kind Pau'an ancestry made him rather ancient and gargoyled. He gave a small smile to her as she addressed him.

"Indeed we have much to discuss. My last recollection of you, or at least the Moretti clan's knowledge of you, was dashed off the face of galaxy sometime during the reign of Palpatine." He sighed, seeming to have tinge of reminiscing, "Yet here you are. The great Amelia Sorenn. In the flesh."

He paused a moment. His own, black eyes stared out into the nightline of the cityscape. Nearly centuries later, and much had seemed the same. Still were Jedi, still were Sith. Fledgling empires clashing head to head with republican bastions of democracy. The galaxy's nature was that of cyclical entropy, the very nature of the Force trying to balance itself out. He returned his gaze back to his kinsman and hostess.

"I must thank you for granting me an audience. I have been looking for a person to offer my skills as a majordomo to. I would return to my own clan, but...the taste of betrayal still lingers like nightshade on my tongue, despite it being eight centuries later. And certainly, a Countess is much better company to keep than a self-indulgent criminal."

At that last sentence, he gave the Countess a smirk of flattery. He set his cane off to the side, allowing it to lean against his chair lightly.

[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

"Sorenn-Syrush."
Amelia said simply as she took her seat, slipping down into the high backed chair before taking a sip from the glass before her. With a motion of her other hand, she offered the glass to her guest. The mention of the information of her having disappeared during Palpatine's reign brought a small smirk upon her lips before she let out a soft sigh.
"I had my own reasons to disappear. And if anyone's knowledge of myself or movements were removed during those times then the process of my disappearance can be considered successful."
Taking another sip from her glass, she listened to the individual, giving him the time to speak of his own hardships and length of travel before finding himself in her presence. A simple nod shown her understanding of his own situation as her hand gracefully brought the glass back to her lips. The sanguine liquid slipped across her lips as she savored the taste. Setting the glass down, her golden hues fell upon him again.
"That is a problem in some sense, though the severity of the problem is in direct contrast to the time spent with said individual. I trust you left on better terms than you arrived? I'd rather not have to destroy a criminal cartel for bringing trouble to my door."
[member="Orloch Moretti"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom