Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Dragons Flame

Status
Not open for further replies.
IXSHe8x.png

Image Source: Guildwars 2 and Argos Soft.net
Intent: Create an a flame saber
Development Thread:

1st Salvage Bone Crusher for Phrik
2nd Pending... http://starwarsrp.net/topic/69149-fire-and-brimstone/#entry1029805(Lava Crystals)

Manufacturer: Kezeroth the Beholder
Model: The Dragons Flame
Affiliation: Kezeroth the Beholder
Modularity: No
Production: Production: The scale is Unique

Material: Lightsaber components, lava crystal, Dallorian Alloy and Phrik Hilt.
Classification: Unstable Lightsaber
Size: One-handed
Length: Blade: 91.44cm (36in) Hilt: 31.43cm (12in pretty much)
Weight: 1.5kg

Special Features:
Due to the lava crystal the lightsaber blade more powerful. Energy surges up and down the blade. The lightsaber causes more damage than normal due this element. Wounds inflicted retain the clean cut that lightsabers are known for but also will be very likely to burn a victim even more so than normal. The blade handling is heavier and more dense & compressed making flourish movements harder to execute precisely. Dragons flame is a lightsaber but handles more closely to a actual sword.

The Hilt is shaped in the shape of a dragons mouth guarding the hand from the unstable blade, This is so no burns inflict the user. Made of Dallorian Alloy and Phrik Alloy this negates the overheating normally caused from using unstable crystals.

Description:
(+) Powerful blade, inflicts a devastating wound.
(+) Lightsaber & heat resistant hilt, Over heating is cancelled out. Hilt also protects the hands.
(-) Compressed & Dense Blade handles like a solid sword.
(-) Quick flourishes require more energy to preform.

Sources:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Synthetic_lightsaber_crystal( Unstable Crystal)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lava_crystal ( Im aware the lava crystal hasa Nerf on SWRP)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dallorian_alloy
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phrik

Kezeroth the Beholder said:
very likely to electrocute
Lightsabers do not produce electricity to electrocute people with, electromagnetic field aside (which wouldn't electrocute someone). The addition of "electrical surges" that run along the surface of the blade, as noted in the Synthetic Crystal Wookiee that you linked (emphasis on synthetic), isn't going to make being struck by a lightsaber a surefire electrocution, especially what with a lightsaber basically cutting right through everything it touches.

The blade is heavier and more dense
The blade of a lightsaber is entirely weightless, as it carries almost no discernible mass. If it were any denser, it wouldn't be noticeable.

unstable lava crystal
An unstable crystal is a synthetic lightsaber crystal where the creator failed to correctly replicate the process of natural crystal growth, which means (implies, I suppose, but it is only noted to be present in Synthetic lightsaber crystals) that this is not a trait expressed within naturally formed lightsaber crystals. A lava crystal, not being synthetic, would not be able to be unstable as a result. However, Lava Crystals state they are less focused and less compressed than normal lightsaber blades so this could be the basis of your unstable appearance.

For the use of the Lava crystal in this submission I would like a 10 post development thread obtaining it.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Braith Achlys said:
For the use of the Lava crystal in this submission I would like a 10 post development thread obtaining it.
Question! Why? I think you see something i dont and i wanna barrow your eyeballs for a sec. You said you would liked me to do a dev thread getting the Lava crystal for THIS submission. I know in the past ive used lava crystals no questions asked but i wanna know why this submission is different. :)

+ I reworded the things you pointed out.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Question! Why? I think you see something i dont and i wanna barrow your eyeballs for a sec. You said you would liked me to do a dev thread getting the Lava crystal for THIS submission. I know in the past ive used lava crystals no questions asked but i wanna know why this submission is different. :)

+ I reworded the things you pointed out.
You are asking for an enhanced lightsaber blade with a noticeable strength over another. In the past you have submitted one such lightsaber, but there were no added benefits to it. In the factory's history, there have only been three submissions where lava crystals have been used and approved, of them two have had development threads. Your previous submission happened to be a very vanilla lightsaber with no benefits or changes besides color and appearance with the addition of a lava crystal.

[member="Kezeroth the Beholder"]
I will be archiving this in the meantime until the development thread is completed. Please Pm an Admin or RPJ once you are ready for this to be looked over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom