Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Derelict [Vagrant Fleet]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
PAGE 1

#1 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,885 posts

Excellent

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

There were tales spoken through shady cantinas of shadoports through the Galaxy. Tales of a ghost ship drifting through the sea of stars, sailing in the everlasting darkness. The Flying Muun, an old Seperatist frigate, if the tales are to be believed, an abandoned relic of the Clone Wars, maintained and controlled by a ghostly crew. The droid HK-36 was one of those who heard such tales and immediately got his interest perked. The supposed ghost ship was last spotted near Raxus Prime, seen in an asteroid cluster some distance away from the planet.

Droid was interested, he was looking for a ship like that to claim as his own. During a meeting with the Vagrant Fleet he became a member of, he spoke of the ship, seeking aid from one of his companions, such came in the form of a young Dark Jedi @Qae Shena who agreed to give the droid a lift there in his ship.

Unknown Asteroid Cluster Near Raxus Prime- Suppose Site of The Flying Muun
The dynamic duo were on Qae's ship as they neared the supposed coordinates, the droid entered the cockpit of the ship, looking out the main screen.
"Anything yet, Captain Qae?"
And indeed, in the distance they could spot a ghostly visage of an old Munificent-class Star Frigate, surrounded by asteroids, with holes in its armor hull and scorch marks, clearly marks of battle and time, however, underneath the armor, the ship looked rather functional.

KRbYgJs.jpg6g9b3o.jpg9jqCvba.jpgtumblr_mrhw4cwu161sxkosfo1_250.png​
hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
^Signature made by Tirdarius​
"Oh, and I am not an HK droid."
"Growl."

#2 Qae Shena

Qae Shena
Woof! <3

• 2,129 posts

Excellent

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Aboard the Sky Dancer, where he was surrounded by droids... well, only two, but his ship could only fit one real passenger anyway and the other droid was barely over a foot tall so whatever, Qae was enjoying his life as pilot of his tiny little ship. Derp was sitting on the control console, like he normally did, watching random space junk fly past. The Nautolan was focusing on not crashing.

"Well, there's a bunch of debris, plenty of rocks and a broken ship. Looks like your target's out here," Qae said, keenly guiding his vessel towards the broken hulk of the Flying Muun. What Qae saw didn't impress him - an old, broken cruiser, more than ready for the scrap heap, which was xactly where it was. This was Raxus damn Prime, and they were deep in Sith space. This could get hairy, fast.

"So let's get some facts straight before I jump out my airlock here - there's lots of holes in the hull and no oxygen. This ship doesn't even have power and I'm obviously reading no lifeforms. What if there's nothing aboard that can let us bring this ship back to Rishi? And do you have a plan for dealing with the Sith?"

Posted Image
[Qae's Profile]​
Posted Image​
Posted Image​

#3 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,885 posts

Excellent

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

@Qae Shena @Rosa Mazhar
The droid watched the ship in the distance for a minute, looking to Qae then.
"The outer armor plates do seem damage, however, the hull under them seems to be more intact than it appears. If the stories from shadowports are true, there is still a malfunctioning droid crew on board, their command module is probably long degraded. The ship might have been used by pirates or deserters after the Clone Wars, many of his kind were. That would explain why it has not fallen apart fully, there was an organic crew to maintain it after Seperatists surrendered."
HK looked back to the door to the cockpit.
"I do wonder where our other companion is, that miss."
He returned his attention to the ghost ship.
"Either way, if it does not work, we will just leave, I do not suppose Sith would pay much attention to a wreck of a ship, especially when they are focusing on Mandos. Besides, I have fought Sith Knights before and I am still here to tell the tale."

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#4 Qae Shena

Qae Shena
Woof! <3

• 2,129 posts

Excellent

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

@HK-36 @Rosa Mazhar

There was one more person around, right. Right. Droids didn't exactly consume space.

"Alright, so... problem is that any hull damage is gonna evacuate oxygen. We'll have to put on suits if we're going to go out there and board it and see what we can do. And just remember if the systems have any damage whatsoever, we're never gonna move the ship. By now, anything could be wrong with this."

He honestly had his doubts. There was nothing that Qae could do to fix this ship and Derp wasn't going to be able to do much. They'd need spare parts and a full team of techs in order to fix any major damage. If this ship didn't move, then the Master-at-Arms would not be surprised in the slightest. These things weren't always successful on little expeditions, on little more than a hope and a prayer.

"Anyway. I'll get ready to dock. Make your preparations and find that lady."

There wasn't very far she could go on a small ship like this...

Posted Image
[Qae's Profile]​
Posted Image​
Posted Image​

#5 Rosa Mazhar

Rosa Mazhar
Character

• 315 posts

Excellent

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Rosa was watched the ship come into view from a different viewport in the small ship they had been cramped on. Extending her sense She could feel no life forms, but she could feel the whispers of memories. Memories she would look into in greater detail once on board. Moving through the ship she leant on the door frame of the cockpit and folded her arms as Qae referreed to her as 'that lady'.
"That lady has a name, and she would prefer it if you use it." the wounds in the ships side looked worse from this angle and she pursed her lips, uncertain about the success of what lay before them. Still, despite being ancient, Sammo seemed to be working well enough to make a good judgement call. "Do you have any spacesuits Qae?"

NadiaSig1.png​
Signature Courtesy of Seroth Ur-Rahn​

#6 Braxis Reynolds

Braxis Reynolds
Stick Around, I'm Full of Bad Ideas

• 226 posts

Excellent

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

A few hundred meters vaguely to the north-east of the Sky Dancer, a flash of light signaled another craft's exit from lightspeed. Zooming out of the 'bang' was the Ironclad, Calvin's very own YT-1000 light freighter. It did a few fancy spins, decelerated and hung about beside a single asteroid near the Sky Dancer.

The Corellian smuggler flicked a few switches and turned a dial, hailing the Sky Dancer with a message. "This is already awkward so I'll just say this; here to help." He then sat back in his pilot's chair, a relaxed sigh escaping his lips. He peered over the floating wreck, and winced.

It had definitely seen better days. He wasn't sure if anyone would be able to get it to fly. Well, except himself. He was amazing, after all.

2sai90g.jpg​
nf4g9i.pngTimeTraveler1copy_zps20a1d4c5.png9jb6.png30j5nd5.jpg​

#7 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,885 posts

Excellent

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

@ @Rosa Mazhar @Qae Shena
The droid watched between the exchange of Rosa and Qae, suiting up himself, just his heavy Omega armor and a jetpack attached to it so that he could move in the vacuum, along with a heavy blaster pistol and his lightsaber.
"She is fiesty, I like her, you do not see that many ladies with girl testicles anymore."
HK motioned to Rose as he made sure he had all his gear.
"You know, Rosa, in fact if I had genitals-"
It was then that they got hailed by Calvin, perhaps good, not sure how many would want HK to finish that sentence
"Well, looks like we have got company."
Droid looked to the consoles in the cockpit.

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#8 Qae Shena

Qae Shena
Woof! <3

• 2,129 posts

Excellent

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

"You are one creepy droid," said Qae to @HK-36, an eyebrow raised. He'd never heard a droid hit on an organic before and that was a strange turn of events. A little too strange for Qae, honestly.

Anyways. "Three suits in the lockers in the cargo hold. I keep spares. Grab one; I hope it fits." He had one that suited his unique biology, of course. @Rosa Mazhar wouldn't be able to wear that; she didn't have head-tentacles. "Hey, Derp!"

The foot-tall maintenance droid of super-adorable beeped as he walked into the cockpit. "Take some time to do some checks on the ship, right?"

Another beep. The droid wandered off, leaving the Captain of the ship to grab his suit and start gearing up, making damn sure his saber was still at his hip.Before he hit the airlock, however, he looked to the two people aboard.

"Anything else before we go?"

Posted Image
[Qae's Profile]​
Posted Image​
Posted Image​

#9 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,885 posts

Excellent

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

@Qae Shena @Rosa Mazhar
"Anything else before we go?"
HK shook his head
"I think we have got it all."
He looked out of the ship's viewport, they were entering the hangar of the old Derelict ship. It did not looked that bad on the inside, because of the pirate crew that maintained it until not so long ago.
As the ramp opened they would enter a ghostly sight, the hangar had no air and no gravity as suspected, but the hull looked stable and rather undamaged, seems the gravity and life support were just turned off.
There were droids around them, B1's mostly, a droideka or two floating here or there, few B2's, some of the droids were still moving, jittering, their power supplies still going but they had no minds, no directions in which to go.

"Skeleton crew. Go figure for a ghost ship."
The droid said looking at the other machines.
"Everyone ready?"
He looked at his teammates for confirmation

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#10 Qae Shena

Qae Shena
Woof! <3

• 2,129 posts

Excellent

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

@HK-36 @Rosa Mazhar

"Could be worse," Qae said, activating his lightsaber purely to provide a light source. It did make a very efficient glow-rod for a reason. The green light would have to be enough to see by for now.

So many broken droids, he thought to himself. This place was obviously a museum piece, with barely anything functioning enough to make this a workable vessel. He had his doubts that there was enough money to repair this thing. He really didn't know where the funds would come from - most people couldn't afford that kind of major overhaul. Whatever. Handwavium would probably be a thing. Wondrous material, that.

"So, what, straight to the bridge and take our chances?"

Posted Image
[Qae's Profile]​
Posted Image​
Posted Image​

#11 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,885 posts

Excellent

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

@Qae Shena @Rosa Mazhar
"Could be much worse."
The droid commented.
"All things considered, this vessel is lucky."
"So, what, straight to the bridge and take our chances?"
"Unless you want to split up and check the engine room and reactor."
The droid looked around, scanning the droids and the surroundings.
"Qae."
The droid muttered out as his sensors picked out something.
"There are blood traces on the walls. They are recently. Blood was splattered on this vessel only few months ago."

While they were talking, one of the droidekas, floating somewhere to the side was moving against the wall in place, rotating slowly. Suddenly one of its legs moved slightly to stop its motion, making the antique droid face the new arrivals.

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#12 Qae Shena

Qae Shena
Woof! <3

• 2,129 posts

Excellent

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

@HK-36 @Rosa Mazhar

Blood. The droid was right. Qae didn't touch it, but he took a look at it; he'd been around enough death to know what a dry bloodstain looked like and how well it dulled over time. Yeah. This was certainly a 'new' stain. Newer than the thousands of years this ship had been alive.

"Probably some poor junker who met the wrong end of a piece of debris," Qae commented in passing. "We should be careful. If we're not lucky, we could get a durasteel spike through the chest."

When he saw the droideka twitch, however, Qae was in motion, a perfectly graceful whirl to the side. "That thing just moved," he said loud enough to hear. "We aren't alone here."

Posted Image
[Qae's Profile]​
Posted Image​
Posted Image​

#13 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,885 posts

Excellent

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

@Qae Shena @Rosa Mazhar
HK turned to the mentioned droideka, activating his lightsaber, just as they noticed it, the droid began firing at them, it was not as accurate or fast as a normal droideka would fire, but still, a droid firing at them on a ship like that, it was something they did not expect. The fire was directed at Qae, but HK still reacted, raising his pistol he sent one good shot at the droideka, blasting the sensory module on its head, the impact from the blaster bolt caused it to tilt back, directing its fire at the ceiling then, and with the sensory module blasted, the fire was scattered in a wide, random arc.
"Finish it if you want."
The droid muttered, looking to other droids that were floating around, those still active began to twitch as well, here and there a mechanical head turned towards them, one by one, with each second another one.
"Or on the second thought, let us get out of here before they all pinpoint where we are."
Droid motioned towards the corridor they were going to go through originally
"The Bridge?"

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#14 Rosa Mazhar

Rosa Mazhar
Character

• 315 posts

Excellent

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

Blood on the walls. A old droideka shooting at them. Already this was turning out to be an interesting trip. Rosa sighed.

"Bridge is our best bet." Rosa replied before raising a hand to send a small shockwave through the force, knocking the twitching droids aside.

"My only concern would be what's waiting for us there."

NadiaSig1.png​

#15 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,885 posts

Excellent

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

@Qae Shena @Rosa Mazhar
When Rosa pushed the droids aside many of them started shooting, those that still had functional weapons that is. Good thing is the shockwave sent most of them rotating and flying back, they were shooting alright, but in every direction than the correct one. Many of the droids in the hangar destroyed each other just by shooting at each other. The sounds of combat from the droids started to die out as they entered the corridor, HK looked back to Rosa to answer her question what could await them.
"Adventure, I suppose."

The corridor was rather dark, only their lightsabers illuminated them their way, from time to time they passed a broken droid, some scrap here and there, a long blaster rifle, not much else. However, as they started to get deeper they started to see more blastmarks on the walls, blood splatters, signs of combat. They came upon an elevator then, there were bodies flying around, only three, but they were wearing scavenged battlearmor, they looked like pirates of mercenaries of sorts.
"You do not suppose the elevator is functional?"
HK asked, pointing to the elevator buttons

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#16 Qae Shena

Qae Shena
Woof! <3

• 2,129 posts

Excellent

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

@HK-36 @Rosa Mazhar

Qae laughed. Man, these two were a riot, despite the rocky start that they'd had to this misadventure. The Nautolan had made the right choice coming along for this run and now he was going to have to hold up his end.

So he raised a comlink to his lips. "Derp. Pick a hangar and bring the Sky Dancer in. I need you to find an access terminal and see what you can do with this ship."

"Dwoo?"

"As soon as possible, little buddy. We're gonna need you."

"Dwee!"

Somewhere in the distance, the little A-36 Sleuth was on the move. Meanwhile, Qae examined the elevator. "Well, if it's not working, the 'cut a hole in it and see where we can walk' option still exists." Magic glowsticks, man. They're useful for something.

Posted Image
[Qae's Profile]​
Posted Image​
Posted Image​

#17 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,885 posts

Excellent

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

@Qae Shena @Rosa Mazhar
The droid nodded at Qae's words, looking at the door to elevator and knocking on them to check how thick they were
"Looks like blastdoor of sorts to me, it will take short moment to cut through them, you two will have to do it, your lightsabers burn hotter than mine does."
The droid said, turning back from the elevator, walking over to one of the pirate bodies floating nearby
"But hey, at least the climb will be easy, there is no gravity for us to fight with."
Just as the droid said that a humm generated through the ship, the lights flickered on and most of them came on, there were still plenty dim or not functioning at all. What's worse, the bodies of the pirates nearby fell to the floor, clanking sounds echoed through the ship, signalling all those droids fell as well when the restored power brought articial gravity back up as well. Droid did a scan of the air around them. Go figure, life support didn't activated with the gravity, it was shot probably, or in this case, sabotaged.
"Well feth me for saying anything."
The droid commented, looking back to his companions
"Gravity is working, but the life support is not, you two might be stuck in those suits for a while more."
Scraping sounds came from the end of the hallway they just came through, HK turned towards it.
"And could you please get to the hole-cutting part faster, please?"

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#18 Rosa Mazhar

Rosa Mazhar
Character

• 315 posts

Excellent

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

"Right." said Rosa, eyeing the droids before igniting her lightsaber and plunging it into the elevator door, starting to cut the left side of the opening, leaving Qae to do the right. The idea of being stuck in the suit for a while longer did not amuse Rosa. Nor did the fact that the droids were slowly working their way towards them.

"Just to clarify, we're about to climb up and elevator of a ship that just activated gravity all by itself, yes?" she said her voice strained slightly with the effort of cutting. A flash of warning in the force made her pull her lightsabe out of the door to cath a blaster bolt and send it back towards the droids. Without pausing she carried on cutting.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid idea." she muttered, though she had a small grin on her face. No on could deny the pleasure that came with the small rush of adrenaline when you put your life in danger.

NadiaSig1.png​

#19 Qae Shena

Qae Shena
Woof! <3

• 2,129 posts

Excellent

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Gravity. Stars damn it. He was hoping to avoid that particular little thing with his plan. Why did the droid have to go and wreck that idea? Oh well. Whatever. Things were going to happen and that was that. Qae's saber plunged itself into the other side of the blast door to meet Rosa's saber.

"Derp, little buddy, are you on board yet?" Qae said into seemingly thin air.

"Dwoooooo." You bet. The little ship was now parked inside a hangar nearby, while the tiny maintenance droid was off the ship and waiting.

"Good boy. Now get your foot-tall shiny butt to a terminal. See if you can redirect some power systems for me."

"Dwee!"

Which left Qae to murder the door faster. As fast as you could go with a few feet of solid metal blocking your way, anyway.

"If we could get the elevator to work, then that'd make life easier. I think I can get Derp to reroute a little power to the elevator here. If we can, you two go on ahead and I'll hold these droids!" They were more tech-savvy than he was, so it was the best option to have them on the bridge and Qae buy them the time they needed to get up to the command deck safely. Unfortunately, that required opening the door, which...

There. Sabers through, met in the middle, door burning its way open as it was forced apart.

"Go! Derp, power to elevators, now!"

The Nautolan Knight whirled around, ready to fight the Horde for their sake.

Posted Image
[Qae's Profile]​
Posted Image​
Posted Image​

#20 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,885 posts

Excellent

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

@Qae Shena @Rosa Mazhar
HK nodded, stepping aboard the elevator with Rose, leaning down to fit into the hole, he turned around, leaning down to watch Qae as he spoke back to him
"If you would need help, let us know, Qae, do not be a hero for no reason. Also, have your droid friend check if there are any other connections active in the network, maybe we will get an idea who is messing with us."
With that, and few words from Rosa, if she wanted to squeeze something in, they started to ascend, the elevator moved slowly upwards, however, after the couple minutes of its climbing, it would have been a clean straight corridor to the bridge where they could get a hold of the situation.
The elevator had one of those smooth muzak musics inside, slightly garbled and twisted by the old systems, however, still working through the bleak structure of the elevator cabin.
"I like that song."
Droid muttered, the elevator made a DING and the door opened on the Bridge floor, they would come to a sight of a gathering of droidekas, zapping and arcing from time to time, some deactivated, others slowly started to turn towards them. On the end of the corridor there was a doorway where they could barely see the consoles of the Bridge, above the doorways descended down two automated defense turrets, aiming down.
"I wish this was a wrong floor."

As for Qae, the droids began making his way towards him, B1's were not as much of a problem, their hands extended towards him as they stumbled, some of them had their blaster rifles, aiming them vaguely in his direction and firing off. B2's were more of a problem, thankfully there wasn't as many of them. Thick armor, hulking figure, slowly moving with a clank, firing off series from repeater rifles. The droideka's were somewhere near the end of the column, apparently none of them could figure out to roll in their ball form, protocols must have been shot. Perhaps to Qae's surprise he could see two Magnaguards stumbling somewhere among the droids, he still had plenty to deal with before they would get to him, and it was unknown how active they were, but they could be a potential problem.

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
PAGE 2

#21 Rosa Mazhar

Rosa Mazhar
Character

• 296 posts

Excellent

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Rosa frowned at Qae's decision to stay behind and watch the door. While she was pretty sure he could handle a few droids, it didn't seem right to leave him behind. As HK disappeared inot the elevator, Rosa placed a kiss on Qae's cheek and gave his arm a squeeze. There wasn't much more that she could add to HK's talk of playing the hero. She was used to men believing it was their right to do so and had long learnt that there was nothing you could say or do to stop it.

As the elevator ascended Rosa closed her eyes and centred herself in the force, her eyes snapping open when the doors opened to reveal the droideka's, looking past the she looked at the turrest and sighed. "Seriously?" she rolled her eyes, her purple lightsaber coming to life in her hand as she stepped out of the elevator. "Ok, they're sluggish i'm not too worried about them, I am worried about those turrets coming online though. I suggest you make a run for the console, and I'll cover your back...unless you have another idea?" she looked at HK.

Posted Image​

#22 HK-36

HK-36
The Iron Knight

• 1,215 posts

Excellent

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

@Rosa Mazhar
HK shook his head, lightsaber in one hand, pistol in other
"Do not be a hero."
He repeated as he rushed forward, jumping over a droideka with a salto, making his way through the room as fast as he could. The droids tried to aim at him but to no avail, Rosa would have kept them distracted for sure, they would not be able to even react in time as HK jumped over them. HK's biggest problem were those pesky turrets, they aimed down at him and fired while he was halfway there. His wrist rotated at high speed, turning the lightsaber into a buzzsaw he used as a shield against the blaster bolts as he aimed his pistol and fired with deadly accuracy. By the time he got to the end of the corridor, he was able to disable one of the turrets, the other one was mostly unscathed, but through the whole ordeal, HK's armor was peppered with blaster bolts, thankfully, it was thick enough to withstand the fire.

While HK made his way to the control center, the droideka's began aiming down at Rosa, the first waves of blaster fire came from the repeaters, unless she started destroying them en-masse, the situation would only get worse as more and more droidekas pinpointed her location and began firing with their twin repeaters.

hk36_zpsb07e7366.jpg​
"Growl."

#23 Qae Shena

Qae Shena
Qae Shena: Spencer's good little puppy

• 1,781 posts

Excellent

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

There were a few more droids than he'd been hoping for. And by 'a few' Qae meant 'a few hundred', probably, which was a very serious problem. On one hand, the vast majority of these droids sucked and were barely firing straight. On the other, those who weren't B1 battle droids were better and were far more accurate. So, problem. How to deal with a wave of onrushing droids?

Qae grinned and held a hand out - and used a wave of Force Push to let the choked hallways be its own demise, B1s, B2s and Magnaguards knocking into each other like the ripples in the ocean. All he needed was a momentary distraction and he got it. While the droids were scrambling to their feet, Qae was off, already down the hallway with a burst of Force Speed, running away. Yes, he ran. He needed to regroup and recover before tackling the problem.

"Derp, get me a map of this thing. I've got an idea..."

r29ir7.jpg
[Qae's Profile]​
142ec5f.jpg​
34pl286.jpg​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom