Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Defensive Form

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Being calm, no matter what you face, is the most important part of being a Jedi. It's where our power comes from. A Sith, anyone who knows how to fight us, they will always seek to disrupt that calm. Find your center, and keep it, no matter what you face, and you'll always find the path forward." Kahlil nodded in his agreement with Shan's assessment of the lesson before he tossed over the controller for the drones.

"There's a program in there to keep the drones in as random as state as possible, though it will eventually repeat. Use it when you want to train, but until you can hold off against the highest level on there, I've nothing more to teach you about Soresu. Instead I have a different question. Have you heard of Entropite?"

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Shan reached his hand out to grab the remote, trying not to fumble it as he took a hard look at it. Nothing more to teach him about Soresu unless he can deal with the highest level...As much as there was a part of him that was eager to start learning more straight away, he knew he wasn't anywhere near the level of calm he'd need to hold off against the drones at the highest level. Starting from the beginning was the best plan of attack in his eyes. There was no need for him to throw himself down into the deep end.

Though then it came to the question Kahlil had, and Shan shook his head. "I haven't heard of it...but from the "ite" aspect towards the end, I assume it's some kind of gem, mineral or crystal?" It was more of an educated guess. Sure, it was also technically cheating since he had named three different choices...but he wasn't too sure what it could be himself.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil chuckled as he nodded. "Yes. A crystal. An.. Evolution of Kyber, I suppose is the best way to explain it. You noticed my saber was silent, yes? That is the Entropite that's housed within. The blade is harmless. It can't cut, can't burn. Instead, it acts as a stun round would to outright knock people out and numb them where it touches. Also pretty good against droids and shields and other electronics."

He thumbed the ignition as he spoke to activate the silent blade, then hit a different switch. The blade swapped, burning back into existence with the typical hum of a lightsaber. "Mine can swap between them as needed."

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

A small grin spread across Shan's at the idea of his guess being right. However the fact it was an evolution to Kyber was...curious to him. Or at least, connected to a Kyber crystal. "So...It's a bit like an ion crystal for lack of a better term? It can deal with electronics and droids easily enough, but doesn't cause serious long term damage to a person...Or well, organic person, since some people may see a droid as a person." He rubbed his chin in thought at that. Droids were a...grey area for Shan when it came to his beliefs. Considering he liked to believe that the Force connected all living things together, yet was content enough to spar with Droids as opposed to people...Though he shook his head at that thought, glancing over towards Kahlil.

"It certainly seems useful...You can switch between the cutting aspect of a regular Kyber crystal and then switch to the stunning properties of Entropite." As much as Shan disliked the natural lethality of a lightsaber, he couldn't deny that the cutting ability had its own uses. It was part of the main reason he was alright with holding al ightsaber.

Shan frowned at the mentioning of Bleeding Kyber, but gave a hesitant nod, not entirely sure if he was thinking of the right kind of bleeding. Running a hand through his hair as he tried to figure out how to word it

"Isn't that when...you turn a crystal to your will? Or more...when someone who uses the dark side turns a crystal to their will?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Exactly that, yes. It's a horrible process, and one the Sith prioritize in their training. Entropite is made in a similar way. Similar, but opposite." He nodded down towards Shan's hip, offering a faint smile. He knew how it sounded.

"To bleed a crystal is to force your will on the Kyber. To make an Etropite is to meditate with it and ask for it's help. To preserve life. You imbue it with your desire to keep people alive, and the crystal will respond and change. It's irreversible, but that's just the nature of Kyber. It responds to us."

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Shan frowned in thought at that. Bleeding in a similar way to the Sith but opposite? It was a strange thing to Shan. The more he was learning about the Sith, and to be fair the Jedi as well, the more similarities he was seeing. Almost like two sides of the same coin...Though he shook his head at that thought. It wasn't one he was willing to entertain

"The idea of forcing my will on...anything sounds wrong. Asking for help sounds more suitable to me. Everything in the galaxy should be given a choice whether it wants to do something." Sure, this was technically different to the topic about crystals, but Shan felt like it was connected. The crystals had their own will, at least in Shan's eyes and he wouldn't want to remove it.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Exactly right."

There was nothing more important than permission, especially for the once Sith that Kahlil was. All his childhood he'd felt he never had a choice, and it was still a scar even to this day. But these new Jedi, he'd make sure they knew their choices.

"It's not an easy process. I suggest you find yourself a second crystal to bond with on this before you do anything else with it."

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Wait. A second crystal? It only just hit Shan for what Kahlil was implying and the young Padawan's face just seemed to immediately light up with an eager grin as he gave a rapid series of nods.

"Yes. That makes sense, having a back up in case it goes wrong. I don't want to be stuck with not having any crystal whatsoever." It was almost amusing to Shan. Previously, he wouldn't have cared if his lightsaber couldn't work but the more he was learning, the more willing he was getting towards using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom