Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Day

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵

-
-
Time: #### AM
-
Objective: Run.
-
Tags: Ever Dawnracer , Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr

┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Black on mustard yellow. Maybe even the other way too? Have they changed the outfits already?"

The burning hot winds flowing through the city streets had indeed changed from when Jala stepped in to the world hiding behind the colossal walls. The atmosphere of the relatively sprawling spaceport town was indeed the most hostile and unwelcoming to the girl that it had ever been before. She knew quite well that escaping was her only option at the time... or at least definitely the only one which wasn't going to lead her to an even more regrettable path. Jala had merely enraged the wrong people at the wrong time, yet such folk as the ones she was dealing with didn't take lightly such problems like what she had inadvertently caused.

The roaring noise which echoed in the town's walls of yet another leaving ship starting up and soaring the skies over the rooftops was quite enough to wake Jala up from her thoughts. She got up, sitting on the flat roof of a tall building overlooking a rather busy street market filled with tired souls either making a living or merely trying to survive.

For yet another passing second the girl was about to forget her 'grand plan', which she had finally decided to try and put in motion, in the favor of snatching herself a better breakfast, but for once Jala refused to succumb to such thoughts. With a long stretch and a small yawn, she stood up and swiftly made her way down via a ladder, leading her to the backstreets behind the bunch of sleeping apartments. The girl knew the immediate area of the lively spaceport looming ahead quite well and was aware she'd have more than enough time in her hands to appreciate the town's atmosphere before making her way over there and hopefully leaving.

She might've had her back against the wall in her current situation with the gang of cutthroats after her, but Jala was fairly positive of her plan of simply and nicely asking for a ride away from town working out. And even if it didn't the girl was sure enough she could either try sneaking in to a cargo ship without the owner's knowledge or believe she wouldn't be found for a good... few days more.

p9ZSnUm.jpg

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵

Didn't take me quite the 12 hours that I assumed it would lol. I hope this is fine enough though.

Ever Dawnracer

E

Hot.

So hot.

And the sand! It got everywhere. She lost track of how many times she'd spit a wad of sand out of her mouth in an effort to escape the gritty feeling on her tongue and cheek. It was remarkably good at cleaning teeth, however. The abrasive nature ground just about anything off. Not that she had dirty teeth, they were next to immaculate, but she didn't mind the extra cleaning. All she cared about was the fact that sand was working its way into some pretty uncomfortable places and she didn't really like that feeling.

She pushed the feeling aside, though. There was no room for discomfort in her mind. The purity of the body and mind was the way to a connection to the Force that was strong and true. It guided her and she welcomed it, even when it sent her to the dustball that was Tatooine. It was her first time, and hopefully the last. Between the sand and the stench of sweat, she didn't much care for it. Worst of all, though, was the overabundance of criminals and scallywags. The soldier in her wanted to go to town and turn the place into something respectable. Even though she knew that even the Republic had its seedy side she'd never get over the desire to enforce law and order in a morally just manner.

"Well, I hope you know what you're doing," she said, her words directed at the Force as she tugged the green bit of cloak back around her shoulder so it didn't blow away.

Her extendable staff, with both of the blades of the Ahktar attached to it, was carried in her other hand as she walked down the street. The intimidating appearance caused people to scurry out of her way as she walked, but nobody made any attempt to approach her. Somewhere out there was the reason she was there, and she was letting the Force guide her to it, wherever it might be. The city was large, however, and it could take time to find someone, or something, that didn't want to be found. Especially something dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tatooine was not really the place I would have liked. Maybe if I hadn't been such a dunce and prepared myself by wearing more protective clothing, I wouldn't have to deal with sand in my boots, or chafing my hip and groin. It was extremely uncomfortable. Only made worse by wearing a vest with my long sleeved sweatshirt. I had thought it would be okay to wear it so then I wouldn't be baked by the sun, but on the other side, I was nearly sweating through the clothing. Having taken off my red beanie, and stuffed it into my back pocket, and resorting to carrying my vest over my shoulder.

Criminals and vagabonds galore were here. It was easy as hell to blend in with them for the most part. However, to some, it would be clear I came from somewhere else that was not so nice. Working on Nar Shaddaa, as well as Hutt Space in general, I had a couple people tell me about how lucrative Tatooine was. More so in the Deathsticks, spice, and weapons trade. Rather than the Gang trade. Which I was all for. Start somewhere fresh with a new market and see what the competition was. If there was any to begin with.

However, I was starting to see why there were so few of people who did so. The place wasn't the greatest to visit, let alone live. With last night being colder than ever due to the star cycle, and the day being sweltering hot. Twas not my cup-o-tea as it were. I could feel something strange about this place. Like a gut feeling that I needed to be here for something. Churning my stomach ever so little. However, I pushed that aside as a woman walked out from a little alley. Not that far from the Markets actually.

"Yo lass, you have any idea where I can find a market for some guns? Kind of new here."

Kind of strange to be asking that in the middle of this place with a new area. It might attract the wrong attention. But maybe if I played dumb to the whole situation, then I could get away with some stuff in the beginning.

"Sorry, coming here, was looking for something that wouldn't jam up with sand being all around yah know?"

Jala Jala Ever Dawnracer

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵

-
-
-
Objective: ...
-

┈┈┈┈┈┈

Despite her best efforts, Jala failed to try and ignore, simply shrug off the bizarrely wistful feeling she might'vel felt when picturing herself leaving the familiar burning sands of Tatooine behind her and merely forgetting her past. She'd be all alone in a completely unfamiliar world once again... if the girl ever got off the planet that was. In all honesty, Jala had and always would have a soft spot for the dusty hellhole her real home was and doubtlessly evermore would be as well.

She took a deep breath once more to solely fill her mind with memories the hot and undoubtedly sand-tasting air never failed to remind her of.

"...Yo, lass..."

Never before had such an ordinary and casual pair of words kicked off the girl's "fight-or-flight" instincts Jala could feel her feet stop dead in their tracks, and her heart practically miss a beat as she struggled to choose the best back-alley to flee through. She had lost the game. The predator found its prey, and they both knew it. Jala was caught... Yet as the echo of the words the fortunately unfamiliar voice spoke died down the girl realized whoever it belonged to couldn't be any of her past 'brothers'.

'Kind of new here'... Such unintentionally reassuring words finally woke the girl up from her frantic state by dropping a cold bucketful on her. Jala's heart was racing as she glanced nervously at the outsider over her shoulder, finally confirming a yellow-to-black wearing punk didn't have her in the opposite side of their blaster's barrel before turning to face the stranger.

"I get ya', yeah... totally"

It didn't take much longer than a few seconds for the girl to realize she'd possibly found her much-needed ticket to escape.

"Sorry to say though, you're out of luck. You practically have to dig up the stuff you buy from the sand."

The girl replied with a lie. Jala knew the yellow-black bastards admittedly had the whole black weapon market of the spaceport's half of the gritty town in their back pocket. Truthfully spoken they did provide aspiring criminals with appropriate tools to kill someone with. However, her reason to mislead the seemingly naive man wasn't entirely to help herself, but to save him from the fate Jala had gotten herself in to. She could see a tiny fragment of her naive past self in the man and knew exactly what would end up happening if he too ended up manipulated by the local thugs.

"I'd honestly check out the next town over."

p9ZSnUm.jpg

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵

-
-
-
Objective: ...
-

┈┈┈┈┈┈

Despite her best efforts Jala failed to to try and ignore, simply shrug off the bizarrely wistful feeling she might'vel felt when picturing herself leaving the familiar burning sands of Tatooine behind her and merely forgetting her past. She'd be all alone in a completely unfamiliar world once again... if the girl ever got off the planet that was. In all honesty, Jala had and always would have a soft spot for the dusty hellhole her real home was and doubtlessly evermore would be as well.

She took a deep breath once more to solely fill her mind with memories the hot and undoubtedly sand-tasting air never failed to remind her of.

"...Yo, lass..."

Never before had such an ordinary and casual pair of words kicked off the girl's "fight-or-flight" instincts Jala could feel her feet stop dead in their tracks, and her heart practically miss a beat as she struggled to choose the best back-alley to flee through. She had lost the game. The predator found its pray, and they both knew it. Jala was caught... Yet as the echo of the words the fortunately unfamiliar voice spoke died down the girl realized whoever it belonged to couldn't be any of her past 'brothers'.

'Kind of new here'... Such unintentionally reassuring words finally woke the girl up from her frantic state by dropping a cold bucketful on her. Jala's heart was racing as she glanced nervously at the outsider over her shoulder, finally confirming a yellow-to-black wearing punk didn't have her in the opposite side of their blaster's barrel before turning to face the stranger.

"I get ya', yeah... totally"

It didn't take much longer than a few seconds for the girl to realize she'd possibly found her much-needed ticket to escape.

"Sorry to say though, you're out of luck. You practically have to dig up the stuff you buy from the sand."

The girl replied with a lie. Jala knew the yellow-black bastards admittedly had the whole black weapon market of the spaceport's half of the gritty town in their back pocket. Truthfully spoken they did actually provide aspiring criminals with appropriate tools to kill someone with. However, her reason to mislead the seemingly naive man wasn't entirely to help herself, but to save him from the fate Jala had gotten herself in to. She could see a tiny fragment of her naive past self in the man and knew exactly what would end up happening if he too ended up manipulated by the local thugs.

"I'd honestly check out the next town over."

p9ZSnUm.jpg

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵
No idea what happened here lol. Enjoy your 2x reply

Last edited:

Ever Dawnracer

E

At some point she found herself walking along behind a group of thugs. They wore a garb she didn't recognize, but given their location in the galaxy, it wasn't as if she could expect to recognize every group of criminals she came across. In fact, she was more likely to face off against new groups. Her little corner of the galaxy had mostly been plagued by the Hutt's and their factions of criminals. Many of those had been weeded out when the Republic Remnant had swept through a large part of Hutt space, cleansing it of crime. Or, at least, attempting to remove the crime. As she'd come to understand, it was impossible to get rid of all of it when some members of your own government were working against you.

These particular thugs seemed to be on a mission, and she felt drawn to follow them. They didn't seem inclined to look behind them, which made it easier for her to follow. She had the feeling they had ill intent, given the way they made her feel and how they were joking about doing some unsavory things to the woman they were looking for. Clearly someone had crossed them and they weren't inclined to let it go. That was the nature of working with criminals. At least when it came to working for a government, crossing them usually just meant a stint in prison and an apology unless you did something really grievous. Cross a criminal gang, though, and you were apt to incur much worse.

In the far distance, Jala Jala and Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr were conversing with their backs towards the approaching trouble. The thugs seemed to have spotted them, however, as a couple split off to disappear down an alley while the others continued to march onward. She paused, debating which group to follow, but settled on the ones that had gone down the alley. The ones approaching the obvious way gave their targets equal footing, even if they weren't spotted until it was a little too late. The ones going down the alley were aiming for a surprise attack, and allowing them to have it could be devastating to their targets. The hairs on the back of her neck were standing on end, so she was sure she made the right choice, but she wasn't going to move until the Force told her too.

Sometimes doing the right thing required patience.

She was startled. The rigidity in her shape and form showed she had not expected someone to propose such questions to her. However, moments later, after I continued to speak and ask for aid, she lessened. Easing into her own stature and voice. Reading the room is a skill you need when living on Nar Shaddaa, or shady places. Knowing that you have over stayed your welcome, or pushed too far. Knowing when the hell to get out of dodge. Her words though where not helpful. Pushing away as though I would not find any purchase here. I just smirked ever so lightly. Scared, protective, or outright lying I could not be sure. Maybe all three?

"Kind of difficult to check next town over when you know nothing about what the current placement is."

I lazily looked around.

"Don't know left from right with how this place is."

However, in my little look around, something caught my eye. A group of men, all walking together in the same direction headed down the street, well glorified dirt path, that we were on. I did a double take to see who they were. Clearly not looking for a good time. And considering those around them moved out of the way, I looked back to the lady with a smirk.

"Those must be your boys you were talking about."

I looked back at them and waved almost as though I was egging them on.

"You got a nice place to hunker down for a day or two so I can go and visit this proposed town of yours? Cus uh...."

Looking over to them one final time, they drew closer and closer. Sizing them up. Seeing how many of them there were and if I could maybe get away from all of them if I could. Or take down a couple then make a run for it. Talking it out was likely not going to happen. As much as I would like it to be that easy.

"I have a bad feeling."

Ever Dawnracer Jala Jala

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵

-
-
-
Objective: Survive
-
Tags: Ever Dawnracer | Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr

┈┈┈┈┈┈

Frankly speaking, Jala had already — and quite naively — imagined her hastily formed lie saving her skin with surprisingly less effort and time spent than she ever thought… Only for the harsh reality of being the more inexperienced liar of the bunch hit her straight in the face. The stranger was most definitely of some sort of shady background themselves, made evident enough by the fact that he seemed to catch the girl’s deception with seemingly no efforts at all.

However, Jala’s mild annoyance toward her skills in lying to suspicious strangers soon turned into concern which slowly covered her completely like deep black oil. She knew all too well what had to be coming before even giving whatever the man was nervously glancing at a look herself. The last bits of relief the girl might’ve felt mere seconds ago were history. They slowly got replaced by a sweet coating of fear as the distant blurry yellow figures got clearer with each passing second.

The easygoing guy’s words, although coming with slight banter blended in them, were shaded by nervousness akin to her own. They most definitely did little to help Jala feel any slight bit better about the uncomfortable situation at hand, yet something else entirely seemingly changed in the air of the alleyway. The girl felt like this was meant to happen; she was meant to be caught here, but not in a way nor for a reason she could explain to herself…

"It's her alright" grunted a raspy voice which echoed bitterly, almost like a gunshot, between the walls of the alley.

Three armed men. Two humans and one more gargantuan brute... Perhaps a zabrak?

They weren't exactly the worst her old friends could've sent after the unfortunate girl, but for that reason alone she was anxious about what was yet to come. The bunch all wore clothing similar in colors to what the girl had on herself, but the strongest differences came in the form of armament; Jala had been stripped of her weapons while the local gangsters all held blaster pistols in their hands, likely quite readied to drop her to the ground at will.

"Hey, Jala! How about you come with us, and we talk this through, yeah?", the same voice exclaimed, this time directing his words directly to the girl. The taller human had clearly seen better days judging by the countless scars and overall almost ghastly structure of his long face. His voice possessed a tone that simply couldn't hide even the most genius lie beneath it. He was mocking her, his finger eagerly groping the trigger of the illegal weapon he held as the three men came to a stop.

"He ain't in this!", Jala answered, quickly eyeing the stranger next to her before continuing.

She knew perfectly well that getting the man in trouble would haunt her to the last breath, deciding to make sure he'd get out without anything worse than a scratch as her last effort.
The girl's stance made her eagerness to naturally try and flee clear as day, but Jala knew running wouldn't do her much good in a straight alleyway and three bloodthirsty blasters aiming toward her back.

"Okay? Just don't hurt him for bumping into me!"

p9ZSnUm.jpg

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵

Ever Dawnracer

E

The goons were pretty quiet as they made their way down the alley between buildings. In her experience, quiet meant focused and focused meant dangerous. Their jackets were likely concealing whatever weapons it was they were carrying, but she had little doubt that each at least had a blaster on them. In a place like this one, it was wise to assume that they had far more than just a blaster. Probably they also carried vibroblades of some kind. Knives, likely. They may even be carrying worse. She didn't know who their target was and why they were targeting them so she couldn't possibly figure out what the proper loadout for the situation was.

They weren't that smart, though. Not one of them ever looked behind them to see if they were being followed. She wasn't even trying to be inconspicuous about it. It would have been much easier if they'd spotted her and turned to deal with her. Alas, that wasn't the case. She rested the shaft of her polearm against her shoulder while she followed them. Every time they passed an alley they looked up it to see if it was the right one or not. They passed quite a few of them before the one closest to the alley slapped the other one on the shoulder and they disappeared from her sight. She took that as her cue and approached the alley.

This was the point where she could strike if she wanted to. Jala Jala and Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr seemed to be in a bit of a bind, after all. On the other hand, they were probably criminals themselves, which meant they might actually deserve whatever they were about to get. Still, the tactic of sneaking up on them through the alley, to catch them unaware, just didn't sit well with her. If this were a battlefield and they were at war it would be an acceptable tactic, flanking the enemy. But this wasn't the case. They were trying to get the drop on two unsuspecting people for purposes nefarious and she didn't like it. Thus, before they got too far, she stepped into the alley behind them.

"It's not polite to sneak up on people," she said, despite doing the same. "Didn't your mother ever teach you to face your problems head-on?"

She smirked and twirled her polearm downward to where her right hand rested just below the Ahktar blade on the one end, and the other blade hovered just above the ground. It was their move now.

They wanted her. Calling her out by name. Jala. Seemed typical and actually a kind of nice and easy name to remember. They drew closer. They had the drop on us. Holding weapons. Three of them were here first. Two near-humans and a Zabrak who was a little... larger. A brute fighter. Made sense. I was about to speak when Jala did. Saying to keep me out of it because I wasn't with her. I just smiled and shook my head. Was she even more naive than I thought? If she told me anything, they will find out. They would try to figure it out. Which meant, they would take me with her. Kicking and screaming is how I would go though.

Another voice rang out from our side. The very same alley in which Jala had come out from, there were a couple others who were kind of dressed the same way, but the voice came from further. A woman. Soldier and clearly able to handle herself. I could just... feel it. She had this presence that she knew how to use the weapon she put into the sand. I smiled and took this moment to get what I needed.

They were focused on the new girl in the alley. Taking their eyes off of me just for a moment. Their negligence to get close enough to me only allowed me to get the drop on them in kind.

A blinding speed found myself grabbing the illegal rifle from the closest man's hands. Then propping the barrel right at his head as I could hear the rifle charging ever so little. Ready to blow his head into nothing more than splatter that would cover his buddies.

"I am sorry Lass, but I fear their mothers didn't teach them how to share their toys either."

I knew I already had other weapons being held at me, but I was willing to bet they didn't want to be one man down before this fight even started. From this second onward, they had to weigh the options of having to fight with not only one person down, but a person who seemed to just snatch the weapon from his hand from ease and turn it on him. Then this lady who used a melee weapon. Clearly able to handle it. Plus whatever Jala could do. Though... I wasn't holding my breath on that one too hard.

"How about we call this a good day to live, and you folks can walk home."

Jala Jala Ever Dawnracer

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵

-
-
-
-
Tags: Ever Dawnracer Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr

┈┈┈┈┈┈

Jala could feel the buildings around her start to move as if they were squeezing her between their cold walls, forcing the three armed thugs and the stranger alongside the girl herself closer to each other. She instinctively let herself stand behind the man that mere seconds back was seemingly the one she was supposed to be running from in the first place. While perhaps not the sturdiest barrier one could possibly find, the girl knew the goons wouldn’t be trying to push through him by force… at least if he didn’t end up provoking them, which Jala sure as hell count on for the time being.

The gentle voice of an unknown woman was, in fact, the last thing the nervous girl ever expected to emanate from the other end of the alleyway. Turning around, Jala realized she had been devious to the two other goons planning to sneak up behind her back. However, she managed to put aside the sinking feeling of disappointment in herself, instead focusing on the odd, hooded figure looming behind the bewildered men who had just been alerted of its existence for the first time themselves.

A saving angel perhaps? Jala hadn’t ever been one to believe the stories of such creatures existing, but the figure, standing with a thick staff in their hands just behind the two men didn’t seem like a mere helpful passerby… she had to be here for a more valuable purpose, yet the girl couldn’t begin to explain what that could’ve possibly been...

...As if she even had time to do such things. As soon as Jala’s amber eyes had rested on the odd figure for no longer than a few seconds, the noises of a struggle and clearly surprised voices, exclamations, and hoarse grunts of the three men woke her up, forcing the girl to turn back around.

“Can’t you see how unnecessary this is?”, the taller human frantically began, swiftly drawing his own pistol from its holster and pointing it directly toward the forehead of the odd man seemingly protecting Jala. In a way or another, the man had managed to snatch the illegal weapon he himself was now holding from one of the goons. An achievement that alone managed to convince the girl of whose side he was on.

“I see you want to save the damsel in distress kid, but think about it. You don’t know her very well, do you? In fact, I doubt you’re from around the block at all, otherwise, you’d surely know the price on her head”, he continued, holding his aim on the young man.

“I assure you; she’s not exactly on the top of our hit list and in no way worth protecting. Such kind acts won’t pay you back here in any positive manner. However, if you drop her cold right there next to you I promise that you’ll get full credit for it”

Another lie, but one that presumably saw no chance of the stranger catching it. Jala wasn’t worth anything to these people. She wasn’t one to place a bounty on, but rather a mild annoyance, a pest the gang wanted to get rid of with minimal efforts.

"That goes for both of you!", the cutthroat added, directing his final statement toward the mysterious figure. Her presence, in fact, adding a slight bit of nervousness to his tone.

Jala couldn’t take chances; she had known the man defending her for at best a few minutes and people like him more often than not did everything in their ability to ensure their own profit. He was presumably a criminal after all, and the girl understood the inner workings of such people all too well.

“They don’t have a price on me”, the girl whispered into the stranger’s ear, franticly eyeing both the three men in front of her and the figure standing on the other end of the alley, hoping dearly the man wouldn’t step aside or in a worst-case scenario simply blast her face in and out as a response.

The scarface gave the pair a slight smirk, slowly starting to ready his finger to pull the trigger and turn the situation to his and his men's favor...

p9ZSnUm.jpg

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵

Last edited:

Ever Dawnracer

E

The goons were completely caught off guard by the appearance of the armed woman behind them, but what caught her attention was the speed in which Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr moved. She hadn't seen what it was he'd done, as the other goons were just out of sight of the alley, but she could guess either way with the agitation in the voice of the players on the field. The girl, for her part, seemed a bit timid and apprehensive about the whole thing, though she seemed well-intentioned despite whatever tie she had to the goon squad. Perhaps she had been involved with them against her wishes, she thought before she returned her attention to the two in the alley in front of them, both leveling blasters at her.

"Put the toys away," she said, shaking her head. "They won't help you."

"Shut it, lady. This ain't any of your business," one of them said.

"Yeah, scram and we'll let you live," the other said.

It was a typical scenario. One against two meant they felt were feeling confident. Add in that they were using blasters and she was holding a melee weapon that had two swords attached to the ends, swords that were telling her this was the right path, and they felt they had her dead to rights. The opposite was the reality but she preferred to let them think they were in control. It would make them sloppy. Undisciplined. She was counting on it, just as she knew this whole thing wasn't going to end without bloodshed. Clearly at least one of the two people facing off with the goons was what she'd come there to find. In fact, it could be both of them. She had a good feeling about Jala Jala too.

Instead of doing what they said, she started towards them, blade at the ready, but held as if it weren't.

"Stop, lady."

She didn't.

"I said stop!"

She still didn't, so one of them pulled the trigger on his blaster. Faster than visually perceptible the staff moved and the blaster bolt hit it, dissipating across the metal and down into the ground beneath it. Path of least resistance and she was wearing gloves that offered resistance to energy thanks to her Matukai robes. The two men stared, dumbfounded by what they'd just seen. It took them too long to respond, and when they did she, still approaching them, lifted the lowered end of the staff in a smooth motion that removed the arm just above the elbow of the man who'd fired at her. He screamed and before the other man could react, she kicked him hard enough in the chest that he flew down the alley, out of it, and across the way to slam into a building across the street.

As she passed by the disarmed man, she flicked her polearm up and around and cleanly amputated his head without even looking at him. Energy from both attacks, Force energy, siphoned into her, keeping her feeling primed and ready as if she'd done nothing but take a leisurely stroke. The Ahktar were wondrous blades.

It was time.

I knew it. With whatever the lady was doing, they started to yell at her to stop. Even after the other guys were trying to give me an idea to back away. Wouldn't really work. There have been many times I was in a tough spot, and would have loved for someone else to step in and give me a hand. Or even just cause a distraction so then I could book it. Which is why I have a couple scars. Fighting back got me nothing more than hurtful memories. However, now, I had a feeling it would just be better. With whomever this lady was, she knew what she was doing. As soon as the blaster fire started, I moved into action.

Reaching out with my off hand, I yanked onto the jacket of the first guy. Pulling him close to me as a body shield. He tried to fight back a little bit, but with my arm wrapped around his neck and squeezing tighter every time he moved, the blaster was leveled out at the others. And I took some shots. Aiming quickly to the nearest one not to myself, but closest to the girl.

Even if he tried to go for her, a shot to the side of his head stopped him in his tracks. Dropping to the ground like a sack of rocks. Closest guy to me started to come try to rescue his buddy. Not a smart move. It left him completely open to two shots in the chest. Groaning and moaning as he hit the ground in pain. The smug bastard in my arms was using both hands to try and remove my arm. He did so successfully. He turned around and threw a nice wide swing to my head. Ringing my gong a little too hard.

I fell to the ground for a moment, he came over to try and put the hurt on me for leaving his neck all red and choking him. I could see the fury in his eyes. However, I used a hand to kick up some sand into his face. Getting it in his mouth and eyes. Standing up and quickly using the blaster as a bludgeon tool, smacked him as hard as I could against the side of his head. He dropped down hard. Clutching his head and eyes and crying from the pain... which surprised me.

Turning to the last guy standing, he held a blaster out at me, and I had flipped my weapon to be pointed at him.

"So Jala, do you mind removing the man of his weapon for me? Don't like it when someone is aiming to shoot me."

I took a quick glance into the alley, watching as the woman stood there with a bloodied weapon, and a mans head rolling out from where she stood. I just smiled and looked back at this head guy. Thinking he was so mighty and tough. Now clearly having a 3 on 1 Fight with what seemed to be some kind of Force Nut, a wize-crack nerf herder, and a girl who was lucky in all ranges.

"Lass, you good on your end?"

Jala Jala Ever Dawnracer

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵

-
-
-
-
Tags: Ever Dawnracer Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr

┈┈┈┈┈┈
The sheer speed and violent force at which the situation finally detonated was something akin to a bomb going off. The pressure in the alleyway vanished in a second, replaced by a breeze of hot air with a sweet coating of bewilderedness on top of the usual dust as the goons started to drop one by one around the girl.

Jala couldn't recognize what was taking place at either end of the alleyway, but she couldn't help but feel strangely relieved standing in the middle of the raging flames. She heard groans of pain, of general struggle and surprise, others from her side and the rest echoing from more afar paired by blaster shots ripping through the thick atmosphere around her. It was as if the girl was standing in the middle of a literal warzone, but yet... she felt unnaturally safe. Perhaps a side effect of her own slightly panicked state fading away, but Jala decided to embrace it for the time being.

And just as quickly as it had come, the breeze disappeared. The alley was left dead quiet as a weak blow of the wind gently threw burning sand on the bodies of the men lying on the ground, lifeless.

As the dust settled, Jala finally woke up to the reality around her. Looking over at the older human, who by now was slightly trembling and seemingly sweating in fear, still pointing his trusted weapon at the young man who had in a way or another slain the men around him. The scarface was anxious, his face had changed into an expression filled with both pure rage and fear.

"She moves a muscle and you're both d-", the thug managed to growl out as a frantic response to the young punk's words, his gaze wildly jumping from him to the girl before-

THUD

As if in a blink of an eye, the girl had forced herself between the muzzle of the human's blaster and the young man it was pointing at. Quickly, by pushing the weapon down toward the floor and away from herself, Jala forced herself uncomfortably close to the man. Her other hand, now squeezed into a tight fist, took its chance and landed on his cheek while the second snatched the blaster, all in an almost dance-like manner.

If anything, her time spent with barbarous people like the thug standing in front of her had managed to develop the girl's skills in predicting their actions.

However, although dazed and taken by surprise, the armed man didn't do much but slightly tremble on his feet before instinctively striking back at the girl. The impact ripped a small shriek out of her as an equally, if not even more powerful jab hit her in the face.

Jala's initial intention of merely scaring the man as a message to the people after she was practically thrown out of the window as she felt warm blood running down her upper lips. Promptly after regaining her balance, the girl let out a groan as she violently swung the blaster in her hand toward the confused older man, its hard grip causing enough pain when hitting his jaw to make him fall to the dust like his brothers.

SMACK

Rather intimidated by her violent outburst, Jala stepped back as the man lied in front of her, groaning. She didn't have a power strong enough inside her to ruthlessly kill the man, no, the girl knew perfectly well she couldn't live with that. Hence, she instead merely turned around, finally having a chance to more carefully eye the two strangers that she now practically owed both one to.

"Hey, uh. T-thanks"

p9ZSnUm.jpg

☵☴☵ ┈┈┈┈┈┈☵☴☵┈┈┈┈┈┈ ☵☴☵

Ever Dawnracer

E

The end of the alley brought a wider view of the situation at hand. The three goons that remained were facing off with the guy and the girl, but the guy had a clear drop on them thanks to his display of incredible speed moments before. It wouldn't have been hard for her to intervene in the situation, heading it off and saving the goons from getting whacked, but she decided against it because it wasn't really her fight to begin with. This was about these two dealing with their problem, and they had to be allowed to handle it in the way that they saw fit. It was obvious it had been some sort of personal matter that she'd wandered into. The full nature of it was yet to be seen.

In another quick bout of combat, two of the goons wound up dead, and the girl smashed the other one to the ground after a quick exchange of blows. Both of them had exhibited unnatural speed, and as she stood watching she leaned her polearm against her shoulder and crossed her arms over her chest. Eyebrows scrunched up in thought as she contemplated their situation. It had become obvious to her that these two were precisely the reason she'd been drawn to the world. Even though her thigh still ached from having a large piece of shrapnel in it a few weeks before she hadn't had a problem with assisting them in freeing themselves of their predicament. Now came the interesting part.

"How's your face?" she asked Jala Jala . "You're still bleeding, for the record."

She knew the power of adrenaline. For most people, it was an unusual feeling and they didn't know how to see through the haze it placed over the mind in order to assess their physical situation. It wasn't the end of the world, her wound was largely superficial, but all the same, she probably wanted to stop the bleeding. Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr didn't really seem any worse for wear, and it seemed he'd handle a blaster in a fight more than once. That precise shot to the one goons head had surely not been luck. Either he'd been guided by the Force or he had an extremely disciplined background in blaster shooting.

"Both of you exhibited a level of combat awareness I hadn't expected. Also a level of speed that wasn't natural."

It was a hint that she knew there was more to them than met the eye. It was just a matter of whether they would own up to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom