Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Darkfoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenobi_vs_Vizsla.jpg
Image Source: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o18/Jungho06/Reference/Kenobi_vs_Vizsla.jpg
Intent: A personal weapon for Naast to use against lightsabers
Development Thread: If Necessary
Manufacturer: Naast Vizsla
Model: Darkfoil
Affiliation: Naast Vizsla
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Focusing crystal, lightfoil elements
Classification: Lightfoil
Size: One handed or two handed
Length: 40 centimeters
Weight: .5 kg
Special Features: Flat, curved blade that is black with a white outline
Description: This weapon is a lightfoil created by Naast Vizsla in order to look like the legendary darksaber and also to be used in combat against lightsabers. The design mimics the darksaber, but it has distinct differences. The darkfoil has a much poorer quality focusing crystal than a traditional lightsaber, and therefore cannot be used to cut through very thick walls or objects. This weapon can, however, be used to cut through some medium level armor and can take direct blows from a lightsaber. It features a longer hilt, reminiscent of a katana, which favors two handed combat.
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Naast Vizsla"]

My confusion is here:

It can cut through medium grade armor but cannot cut through walls.

Can you explain this a bit more? I'm thinking it would be able to do one or the other.

What I was saying is it cannot be used to cut through extremely thick walls because it wouldn't be able to stay focused for the amount of time it would take to cut a hole in said wall. This is due to the poor focusing crystal. It would, however, be able to cut through armors with a single hit, but wouldn't be able to do so against something above the quality level of durasteel.
[member="Pixel"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom