Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species The Dark Star Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technical details begin: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/27562-when-you-wish-upon-a-dark-star-siobhan/page-2#entry385179
Technical details end: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/27562-when-you-wish-upon-a-dark-star-siobhan/page-3#entry389699
Rest of dev thread goes into personality, strengths, weaknesses and history.
  • Intent: To create a believable and balanced way of introducing Eyrecae into a Star Wars setting. Originally a superhero with obviously out of line powers for this reality, I have strived to make her as balanced as possible, especially in light of the weaknesses involved. Even though it is normally not necessary, I have done a dev thread to lay out all her strengths, weaknesses etc and her discovery too.
A further point about this is that although Eyrecae has exceptional, powerful abilities, she does not have the Force. Though she can punch a hole in a door or survive multiple shots or slashes with a lightsabre there are things she cannot do such as move mountains with her mind, summon lightning from her hands, Battle Meditate an entire fleet. She is what she was designed to me; a weapon, and a fairly blunt instrument at that.
This is sort of a hybrid species/character submission since she is the only member of the ‘species’.
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Homeworld: Kaeshana
  • Language: Archaic Eldarai
  • Average height of adults: 1.80m
  • Skin color: Pale
  • Hair color: White
  • Breathes: Type I – Kaeshana’s atmosphere is thinner than traditional human worlds, but still breatheable.

• Strengths:
    Juggernaut. Eyrecae’s powers of regeneration are exceptional and rate with those of a Gen’Dai for effectiveness. Wounds taken will heal very quickly, though not instantly, with greater severity injuries taking longer to recover.

Further details: The pace of regeneration varies according to the injury. A cut to the skin will completely heal without marks in a matter of seconds. Wounds which contain jutting fragments will not heal until it has been removed. Small pieces of metal, cloth, bone etc are dissolved by the nanites as a foreign body, usually taking less than a minute. Injuries to organs are more complex, and can take up to five minutes for serious injuries to lungs, stomach etc. An injury to the heart cannot heal (see below) whilst any protruding or foreign bodies exist in there. The brain is able to regenerate, but serious injuries inside the skull could conceivably cause memory loss.
  • Iron Bones. Eyrecae’s skeleton has been augmented with artificial polymers plating to make them extremely difficult to break or cut. These are not made of metal, so would not show up on a metal detector. A lightsabre could do so, but an ordinary blade could not. This also gives her a lethal punch, when combined with the below.
Further details: The bone’s resistance is roughly comparable to reinforced durasteel. An alchemical blade could fracture the bone with a direct hit, depending on the bone even severing it, a lightsabre would cut through, as would a plasma torch. Regular blades or vibro-weapons would likely deflect or chip the bone rather than cutting.
  • Strong as an Ox. Eyrecae’s powers grant her exceptional strength, rated at ten times what an adult Eldorai could lift, or about seven times a human adult. This strength is augmented by great stamina due to her regeneration.
Further details: In combat, without gauntlets or a weapon, her punch will not damage any personal armour about quality 6. Strong padding or ablative armour would also dissipate most of her strength.
  • Attractive. When Eyrecae was created physical appearance was one of the last things considered. However, a side effect of her augmentation was that she is extremely well formed, and presumably attractive to the 55% of the galaxy interested in females.
  • Weaknesses:
  • Pain. Although Eyrecae can regenerate virtually any injury she still feels pain. Being shot or stabbed still hurts, and is not only distracting, but also can impair her judgement. Whilst wounds are regenerating she is also unable to use the affected areas – a lost eye will be useless until it regenerates.
  • Heart of Weakness. Eyrecae has one big physical weakness; her heart. A penetrating injury to her heart which lodges in place will put her into a coma-like torpor until the object is removed. During this time the rest of her regeneration halts and she cannot do anything.
  • Punching Durasteel. Without a weapon or some sort of powered gauntlet, her punch has little effect on metal at all.
  • Distinctive. Whilst attractive, Eyrecae is extremely distinctive. Standing two metres tall, with white hair and muscles like a fitness star, she cannot be mistaken for anyone else. Her regeneration also means that she cannot actually change her appearance either, such as cutting or colouring her hair, meaning she cannot blend in.
  • Out of the Loop. Having been in a stasis field for tens of thousands of years means that Eyrecae has emerged into a galaxy totally different from the one she begun with. She does not know the language, the culture, anything, and it will take her a long time to properly adapt and learn.
  • Battering Ram. Like a certain death charging TK Master, Eyrecae is not a subtle warrior. She charges things and tries to hit them until they stop moving. A cunning adversary can use this…if not distracted by the screaming white haired banshee charging at them….
  • Sterile. Her creators did not want Eyrecae being able to pass her genes on. Eyrecae is completely unable to have children. In theory she could be cloned, but without the lost technology of her creators, it is impossible to replicate.
  • Hunger Games. Eldorai need a lot of food to survive, but Eyrecae is positively insatiable. It takes almost 5000 calories to feed her each day, and that’s a minimum! The nanites feed off her inner reserves to heal her, so the more they have to do, the more she has to eat. Assuming a regular day, she would need to eat a large meal every 8 hours to keep up. Assuming a brutal battle however, she would need to eat every hour to keep herself going. Failure to do so would make her more and more fatigued and eventually have her collapse. If starved for several days the nanites will consume her from the inside and kill her.
  • Overconfident. Eyrecae is frequently overconfident when dealing her opposition, trusting her strength and regeneration to get her through the fight, and making her rather rash.
  • Force Blind. Eyrecae does not have the ability to use the Force. At all. Not even a little. So whilst she can punch people through walls, she can’t then tear down that wall with her mind. Naturally she is not a Vong and can be sensed through the Force and be affected by it normally.
  • Not Immortal. It might not seem like it, but Eyrecae is not immortal. If she takes enough damage, especially in a coma she will die. Similarly, being vaporised, crushed or otherwise completely destroyed will slay her permanently. Beheading is also a way she could be killed permanently.

• Distinctions: Long white hair, muscular body, incredible strength and agility, regeneration and exceptional resilience.
  • Average Lifespan: Unknown, but due to regenerative ability, likely to be multiple centuries. Eldorai normally live for 250 years, but due to her nanites being self perpetuating, she could likely live for 500 or 1000 years, and possibly more.
  • Races: N/A
  • Diet: Omnivorous but with an even high amount of protein and calories required than even a normal Eldorai
  • Communication: Spoken, written, sign.

• Culture: In most ways Eyrecae conforms to traditional Eldorai culture. However, since she was created relatively early on in that culture, her views are different to the modern.
It is a little known fact, but the inherent sexism in the Eldorai system was not there originally, it developed over time after the Rakata abandoned them. This, Eyrecae actually does not hold with the rampant sexism of her Eldorai kin. However, to balance this she has very much a warrior ethos and does not respect anyone who does not fight for their own advancement or who backs down from a confrontation.
One other key area where she departs from the norm is that she holds no religious views. Coming from a time before the cult of Ashira became important, and then thrust into a new world, she has something of an empty place when it comes to belief.
Similar to her kin is her disdain of non-Eldorai, but with Eyrecae that disdain can be expunged by acts of bravery or helping her.

• Technology level: Completely out of touch with modern technology. Remembers some things about her creator’s tech, but since that is incompatible she needs to relearn from the start again. She is however, a smart person, who had knowledge of the Rakata. It will take her a year to get up to speed, but after that she would be at least proficient in regular technology.

• General behaviour: Mostly this is the same as culture. As an individual though Eyrecae has an honourable disposition, and is not given to either random acts of cruelty or malice. In alignment terms she would be best described as ‘Neutral Good’. She has a firm code of honour and generally follows it, but is not bound to it.
Otherwise, considering her long isolation, Eyrecae has a tolerant attitude, and has an unexpectedly cheerful and confident outlook on life.

• History: Long ago, some 25,000 years before the present day, the Rakata Infinite Empire held sway over the galaxy. It was an Empire greater in duration, power and strength than any before or since, any they did many great and terrible things.
One of these things was the terraforming of Kaeshana and the creation of a hybrid slave species named Eldorai. These creatures, strong in the Force and intelligence, but weak physically. This made them easy to control, and useful slaves to use for controlling other species, and to use as expendable Force sensitive warriors.
However, one Rakata named Raik’aro decided to push this agenda further. He wanted to compliment the Force using pawns with an elite of physically strong warriors to act as leaders and strong servants. However, it was not a good time, as civil war and strife began to bring down the Infinite Empire. The ‘Dark Star’ project thus became especially important for Raik’aro to secure his position as warlord, and so he developed the project to create a test unit. This woman had been chosen from amongst the Eldorai as being strong and imposing, but also having no access to the Force. Raik’aro could not risk giving both great physical power and Force abilities to a slave, lest it rise up.

Thus, the project was born. To enhance the skeleton, Raik’aro increased the strength of the bones by plating them with incredibly hard calcium compounds to give them greater strength and resilience than durasteel. Combined with the below regeneration, it gave her exceptional strength.
Next, by means of nanites programmed with her DNA, Raik’aro gave Eyrecae a self-perpetuating regenerative process. These nanites could reproduce and sustain themselves from her cells, strengthening and rejuvenating them whilst also taking strength from them to survive. The upshot of this was a vast amount of calories to feed the little machines inside her.
The combination of strong bones and regenerative tissue meant that Eyrecae was thus made exceptionally strong. In all of this the heart was the key, as it pumped the nanites and kept the process going. Thus, so long as the heart was undamaged, Eyrecae could press on almost indefinitely.
As Raik’aro beheld his creation though, on an island far to the south west in the seas of Kaeshana, his time had already run out. The creation had taken too long, and the process too hard to duplicate. War came to Kaeshana, the legendary ‘War in Heaven’ told in the Eldorai myths. In that battle Raik’aro and all his people were killed, and the Eldorai abandoned to their fate.
Eyrecae, the only creation of the Dark Star Project, lay in stasis. Her facility was powered by fusion reactors and by conserving power at the expense of everything else they enabled Eyrecae to sleep through the rise of the Republic, the Jedi, the Sith, even her own people, until it became time to be awakened….

• Notable Player-Characters: Eyrecae Alzari

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Eyrecae Alzari"]
Greetings, I will be your judge for this evening!

Now to start with, I'm assuming you have Tegaea's permission to submit a species on her planet :3

First of all, in your Strengths section, please elaborate on her regenerative properties, for example, tell me how long it would take for her to regenerate a whole organ, and whether or not it is possible for her to regenerate whole limbs, like fingers, an arm, foot, etc. Also, please specify what type of injuries can kill her, beheading, vaporization, being cut in two?

Now, for her Iron Bones section, tell me how do her bones react with alchemical blades, or amphistaves. Alchemic blades can often be sharper and more durable than their normal parts, but they still deal physical damage, as opposed to energy damage of a lightsaber, so that is why I'm asking for you to specify. Also, tell me whether or not her metal implants would be something detectable by sensors at range, or medical droids and metal detectors up close.

For Strong as an Ox, if Eyrecae would punch an armor made from durasteel, up to which rating would she be able to dent it? That's just something I would ask for as reference in case she would enter PvP, and it would give me, as well as anyone else reading this submission, a better idea of just how strong she exactly is.

So, that should be a good start, tag me in once you're done editing.

[member="HK-36"]

Metal demon, this was my planet 25,000 years before the human was born! I do not need her permission!
(Since they're both my characters, for posterity let it be recorded that permission is granted! :p)

Edits made as requested. :)

HK-36

Well I guess that's acceptable :p

Going back to your submission,
In the Regeneration section I want you to tell me what type of an injury would kill her. Like dead-dead kill her, not coming back from it. While regeneration is a powerful ability, it does not equal immortality as you said in the weaknesses, and I've seen plenty of characters coming back from the dead, I wouldn't want to add to it :p So please, tell me how she can die. And if you want, get creative :3 I know you have put that bit about her heart being her weakness, but that is still just a coma-induced state, and what would happen if her brain got penetrated? And I did read the Not-Immortal Weakness, but I would like to see that repeated in the Regeneration section just for redundancy and ease of access sake.

Other than that, looking good in the Strengths section, and in the Weaknesses section it all looks mostly nice and straight-forward.
I would want you to elaborate on her Hunger Games weakness, however, tell me exactly how long it would be before she went into the coma, what happens between that and her being just a little peckish (I.e. does she become slower or sleepier and if so how long after she consumed her last meal? Also, tell me if anything happens after she goes to coma, like dies of starvation or if her regeneration abilities keep from that happening :p I don't want to assume those things, or make other readers assume them, I would like them written down)

In the Force blind section, I'm assuming she can still be sensed through the Force? If that is so just put that in, like a sentence clarifying it that's all :p

Other than that, I don't really have any questions about Strengths and Weaknesses, tag me in once edits are done and we'll move on to other sections

HK-36

Ok, you're good to go on Strengths and Weaknesses.

To continue, there is something in your Average Lifespan section that perks up my eyebrow. The fact that you did put up a lifespan :p Multiple centuries, to be specific. Usually, I would just accept something alone the lines of "indefinite" as she does have that regeneration, but the multiple centuries part does bring a question to my mind. Does she age? And if she does, does this mean that her regenerative properties can degrade over long periods of time? I would like you to tell me more about it.

After that, it's all looking good but I do have a question about the Technology section.
How long would it take for her to learn new technology or get used to it? And, until then, is it something that frightens her? Like seeing the new models of droids or watching a rotary blaster cannon fire in combat, etc.

And good news is, I don't have any other questions.
So once we get through those two concerns I put up above, it should be all good for approval.

[member="HK-36"]
To be honest I'm not sure. The original was ageless and functionally immortal. Here on SWRP, the Eldorai have a lifespan of about 250 years. She would easily surpass that, but by how much? I will put a figure of 500, but note that since the nanites are self perpetuating, she could in theory live longer. Everything about her remains the same, even the hair and nails, so she wouldn't age conventionally.
Regarding tech: She's a smart cookie and the Rakata had tech similar enough to the modern. She's not scared by it, and within a year ICly she should be up to standard galactic knowledge.

Added that to the submission, metal demon.

HK-36

Alright, it all looks good to me,

The Metal Demon is pleased and hereby I give this submission my blessings.
Pending Secondary Approval.

Don't forget to tip your waitresses Anna and Kyra <3

I may be biased about this, considering this character is very similar to Fabula (only racially instead of with Force powers). However, I've been playing a juggernaut for a while now, and I haven't seen any objectionable aspects with it as long as the player doesn't attempt to play resilience as invincibility.

I will urge caution and moderation in approaching superior durability. Durable skin and rapid healing do nothing to affect the transfer of kinetic force. Get punched through a wall. When that happens - and if it doesn't, you're not doin' it right - make sure it hinders her. It goes a long way to making sure people don't get the wrong idea and confuse durability for invincibility.

Anyway. I'm approving this. Please be careful with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom