Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cortosis dig (James Justice)

Arriving on Tatooine the robed man walks off the shuttle and glances around adjusting his sight to the desert heat putting his hands up blocking the two suns. Signing soft walking down off the ramp and out of the docking bay he started making his way through the city of Anchorhead and glancing around at the shops and the people there, he laughed a little as a kid fell but made sure that no one had heard him. Seeing a flashy sign he glanced at it, a Cantina, just the place he needed for the type of person he was looking for. The man was in need of Cortosis and he knew that he couldn't do it without someone who could get him there. Walking into the cantina he started glancing around for people taking his hood down and sitting at the bar ordering a drink he kept looking around the bar.

[member="James Justice"]

James hated this planet. Like few others, Tatoowine held a myriad of bad memories. Walk the streets was like a trot through hell. It was here that his father disappeared, he found Nyx and lost her again, the time he had fought and lost so much, the place he had made a deal with Kylo that went sour.... and the list went on. But Tatoowine was largely neutral and a good place for him to do business. The types he worked with loved it here. And that was what was important.

He stepped out off the Nestis Cora and found his way into the Cantina where his prey--er--customer--was waiting. The spacer owned a mining company, and that was what made sense for this guy to get in contact with him for Cortosis. He slid up to the bar next to the one person who looked out of place.

"Ye should consider a diff'ent look," the spacer said in his tale-tell and unique cant, "ain't many people be lovin' that style 'nmore." He smiled and offered his had, "James Justice. I believe ye called bout business?"

[member="Shepherd"]

[member="James Justice"]

He took a glance at the man then turned his body to meet him, giving a slight chuckle he let his hood down and looked at the man. Shepherd had seen his fair share of men like this in his days, actually happened to best a few of them by smuggling in their smuggle but other then that most of them are willing to throw their butts out for credits and what he needed was worth more then enough credits for him. He thought for a second before giving the man a answer.

"Well it's hard on a budget like mine to get some "normal clothes" but besides the point your the guy that I contacted I assume by the tone in your voice and the teasing of me, at my unusual clothing."

The man raised a eyebrow at the man inquiring him to answer his question giving a slight side smile. Heh no matter how many times he had to work with this kind of man it was fun, whether it was running from blaster fire or just the sly comments.

Unnoticed by the two, having skulked in behind the spacer, Ryn'Dhal cleared his throat behind the painfully obvious Jedi. Ryn'Dhal himself held more visual similarities with a Sith at a glance. When the Jedi turned to face Ryn, the helmeted Knight would bow his head in greeting, speaking quickly to cut off any potentially negative response.

"My brother here has a tendency to pick. If he doesn't mock you in any fashion, it's most likely because he dislikes you." The voice, was a stark contrast with the visual. Dark, and foreboding in appearance, the masked Knight's voice was soft, soothing, and melodic. "But, in seeking esoteric, you have elected the best you could have. James here what he wants gotten." There was a calming mirth in that voice, as he chuckled, before drumming his fingers on the bar top.

When the keep approached, the masked Knight gestured to James, himself and then the Knight in turn. "A Reactor Core, a glass of Blue Milk, and whatever our friend wants." As soon as drinks were in hand, Ryn'Dhal gestured to a table towards the corner. A more private setting to converse in. "Gentlemen?"

[member="James Justice"] | [member="Shepherd"]​

James wasn't surprised at Ryn's appearance. Fog may appear on the feet of a cat, but Ryn? ..... well James supposed he appeared on cat's feet too. He laughed and slapped his dark-clad brother on the shoulder, "He speak the truth. When I be serious--run. Run hard. And far."

James grabbed his drink and flicked a credit chip across the counter to pay for all three of their drinks. What was the point in being a billionaire if you couldn't cover the drinks of the party? He sauntered over to the other booth in the corner and took his seat with a sigh, nursing his drink. He sat where he could see the rest of the Cantina, not out of paranioa--he had guards intermingled outside--but so he could watch any females moving in and out and around the establishment.

"I understand ye need some cortosis?" he said as casually as if he did this every day--probably because he did.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]
[member="Shepherd"]

[member="James Justice"]

Grabbing his drink from the group he walked with them over to the table and sat down across from [member="Ryn'Dhal"] and near [member="James Justice"], he sighed a little leaning back in the booth as he cleared his thoughts and thought of his words carefully not to tell them anything they didn't need to know. Especially James, he might be hiring him but if it came down to it he would rather have a rancor to face of against.

"Yeah, I've been in the look for some but I learned that it's not cheap to get it from a seller and better to get it mined straight. So I talked to some people and got your name thrown in and I decided you were the best to do this with me."

He glanced at the Knight, raising his brow at the very unusual style of him, he seemed very strong and almost Sith like but with the voice of an experienced Jedi. Knowing better then to ponder over this small detail he put his gaze back onto James.

[member="James Justice"] | [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

The young Knight sat in such a way that the shadows obscured his face plate of the helmet he wore. He'd carefully remove the faceplate to enjoy his beverage, but kept his cowl of his cloak up to help keep his visage concealed.

He did, however, catch [member="Shepherd"]'s glance. A soft, almost musical laugh floated through the air, no longer impeded by the helmet. The only detail the other Jedi could see of Ryn was those vivid, bright eyes, almost like twin pools of molten gold. The pupils were elongated, slit pupils that were slightly dilated in the low light situation.

"My friend," the largely hidden Jedi began, "James and I are not kin by blood. We are kin by choice. My garb is for my comfort, and the convenience of all. I've suffered...." he paused momentarily seeking the right words, ".... more than my fair share of.... xenophobic encounters.... based on my natural appearance."

It was interesting, a creature who sounded so soothing, so calming, that could cause fear, or revulsion, at a glance? But, moving on past himself to the matter at hand... "Cortosis... I take it you're having some issues, or perhaps expect issues, with some Force users?" He inquired, before turning to James. "So, brother, where might we be able to procure some ore for our new friend?" He'd ask, before going to resume nursing his Blue Milk.

[member="James Justice"]​

James pulled out a datapad and began plinking away. A savvy business person would have assumed he was testing numbers, data, or moving something around. The reality was far from it. His choice in the Cantina had been very intentional; the place was low-key, dirty, grimy, and no one would really care to look the patrons in the eye. It was also a pokie stop.

He sucessfully nabbed the Charmander and tucked his datapad away. Life was made up of the small victories. He looked up back at the two men, "Aye, I do own a mining business. I can get ye in and out pretty much anywhere ye want. But I recommend Duro. Ain't no authorities there since the One Sith fell a few months ago, the corruption will be high enough to get in, out, and through with out much of a problem or too many bribes."

He took a gulp from his Reactor Core and set it back down, careful to not let his hands or clothes touch the grimey table. "Any objections?"

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]
[member="Shepherd"]

From what his research showed him and what he was telling him it did deem the most likely place to go mining for Duros at this time. Thinking about it more taking a sip of his drink he glances at the two men before him, he hated to have to work with anyone, let alone strangers but when it came to the mining for cortosis he knew he didn't have the equipment or the resources to do it alone. Sighing softly he glanced at [member="James Justice"]

"I see no other option then to go there, just tell me what you need from me and let's get this going."

He glanced at the two men waiting for any objections or additions.

[member="James Justice"]
[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Draining his glass, a soft, satisfied sigh escaping his lips. A solid *clink* of the glass meeting tabletop, before a clapping of gloved hands. "Then I'd wager that there be a world that needs gettin' to!" He'd state, playfully imitating, though poorly, his brother's manner of speech.

He'd grab the faceplate of his helmet, snapping it smoothly back into place. Rising up from his seat, he'd look between the two men. "Lead on, brother of mine." He'd intone, his typical jovial spirit evident in his voice.

[member="James Justice"] | [member="Shepherd"]​

What did he want? James smirked. He was a crime lord, and a pirate and a godfather if there ever was one. He didn't get this way with credits alone. Credits--they would only get you so far. No, there were things by far more important. Favors. Loyalty. Friends in the right places. He gave a friendly smile, "Consider it a favor, my friend."

He downed the glass and slammed it on the table with a victorious sigh. His hand slapped Ryn's shoulder playfully, "Aye, its time to move on, all comin' with, aboard the Nestis Cora."

The spacer hauled himself out of the chair, humming a jovial tune along the way. A man at the door ran into James, falling back on his bum. "Ay, watch where your goin' you drunk!"

James quirked an eyebrow at him, scowling, "Ye better try again, laddy."

"I'll show you laddy," the man growled, gripping his fire arm.

With a twist of his fingers, the spacer snapped the man's neck, severing his life in a moment. He stepped over the carcass to his gloriously lavish ship (in the sig). After they made the jump to hyper space, the spacer swaggered into the lounge/bar that composed most of the gunship's common area. He gripped a bottle of ale, unscrewing it and taking a heavy chug away at it, "Make ye selves at home, mates!"

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]
[member="Shepherd"]

Challenge given, challenge delivered, ryn, buddio :p

Nodding as he mentioned the word, "Favor" and "friend" he didn't feel to good about it but he shrugged it off, hoping that it wouldn't come a pain in his butt one day but he didn't have to much time to worry about it because the man was out of his seat and moving for the door as the man ran into the guy at the door, sighing as he got up to follow he watched the confrontation in front of him as James snapped the mans neck. Sighing soft, he saw what happened but he preferred to skip the violence part of it. Still following James, they walked to the ship and boarded it and before he could settle in where already off planet into hyperspace, finding a spot to sit he looked around the room, this was a very interesting ship that was meant for the crime life. Looking at James,

"So whats your master plan on what we're going to do?"

He asked looking at the other man and glancing over at Ryn a little as he put his arms on his knees while sitting in the chair.

[member="James Justice"]
[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom