Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Commenor Systems Alliance

[member="Lady Kay"]
Commenor
853 ABY
c1RjBsw.png
Everything hurt.

The Nightshadow drifted in orbit, Commenor bright below the crew who manned it. The small shuttle glided slowly away from the larger ship, manned by only three men. Two specially trained pilots, both trained in field surgery and the Captain of The Nightshadow were the only three men aboard the shuttle. The rest of the crew were busy keeping The Nightshadow space worthy.

Kei Raxis grunted in the back of the shuttle.

He didn't want the first aid pilots to acompany him. He had argued that he was fine, but even he had to agree with the doctors. He had been defeated with ease by The Sith Lady who went by [member="Darth Ophilida"] and she had tortured him, torn into him. Every movement hurt, every single movement caused pain that Kei had never felt before.

It was becoming more manageable. That was the only reason he had accepted the meeting with Lady Kay, the pain was more manageable. He knew the first aid trained pilots were needed though, just to be safe. Kei wasn't one hundred percent no matter how much he argued that he was. He wasn't one hundred percent no matter how much he wanted to be.

Kay had called. He wasn't going to leave the Queen of Commenor waiting. He could do with a break, catching up with old friends. Veiere would be around somewhere, probably babysitting his children, the twins. Bradshaw would also be around, probably pretending to know what he was doing. Kei had only met the prince once but he could tell they'd hit it off and become close friends then and there.

The shuttle requested the landing codes required and set off towards the home of The Queen.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay had indeed called [member="Kei Raxis"] for a meeting. But it was moreso for a social call. Sort of. There were plenty of changes happening in and around her government and it was really tough for her to figure out how to deal with it all.

Kei was one of her friends. A man with a different perspective on things. They've argued on many ocassions, but never parted in anger. There was a respect there, despite their differences. She had that type of friendship with a handful of individuals. They helped her to maintain her neutral stance and to protect her people through a variety of different strategies.

She knew little of what was going on in Kei's life these days. Where he'd been, where he was going to, nor what government or Order he served. But that would change after today.

Kay waited in the foyer, with her usual cup of tea in hand. The weather wasn't as great as it could be. But hopefully it wasn't a precursor to how the meeting would go.

[member="Lady Kay"]
Commenor
853 ABY
c1RjBsw.png
Kei swore when the shuttle touched down.

The slight bounce as the shuttle hit the landing pad seriously hurt. Kei instinctivly grabbed his ribs and grunted, the two pilots grabbing their first aid kits. Kei waved them off, he was stronger than that. He didn't need them, he was sure he didn't. He was going to prove that he was strong enough, prove that he could do it himself. He wasn't going to show weakness in front of the Queen of Commenor.

He pulled himself to his feet, leaning on the cane that he had been supplied with. He was bruised and broken, a shell of what he once was. He would return in time, it hurt but he would get better in time. He had bruises plastering his ribs underneath his jacket and tunic. He had bruises plastering his face from the torture that he had recieved, the torture that had only lasted a few days but had felt like sixteen years.

Kei slowly walked from the shuttle, ordering the two pilots to stay back. They weren't happy, but they followed the order given. Kay had access to amazing facilities, if anything went wrong Commenor had amazing medical facilties. It was unlikely that Kay would leave him to die or writhe in pain. Kay would get medical staff to see to him as soon as she could. She was nice like that, could hardly harm a fly.

He walked into the foyer, grinning to Kay as he leant against the cane.

"M'lady. I hope you excuse me if I don't bow"

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow as she saw [member="Kei Raxis"] approach with a cane. It wasn't just a fashion item. No, it seemed as though he was using it. She looked to his eyes, able to now see the physical pain within them.

"What happened to you?" Did he need immediate help? She wasn't sure. Men and their egos; some just prefered to toughen things out. But there was a story here. Kay just needed to find out what that was.

[member="Lady Kay"]
Commenor
853 ABY
c1RjBsw.png
What had happened to him.

He tried hard to come up with a story that left out the torture, the kidnap and the pain but he couldn't come up with one. There was no polilte, no nice way to recite his story. There was no nice way to say it. He'd been kidnapped by a Sith, he was tortured by the same Sith and he was beaten and broken, bruised and battered by that Sith. He had been hurt, broken mentally and physically by that same Sith.

He leant on the cane, watching Lady Kay. She looked panicked, she looked worried about him. In reality he was fine, it hurt but he wasn't likely to die. He knew that there was a very a little chance of his death but the injuries that the Sith, that Darth Ophildia had caused him, wouldn't kill him. The doctors had done amazing work on him, in so many ways they'd saved his life and he didn't know how to thank them.

"Long story. Turns out Sith Lords are quite good at torture and kidnapping"

Kay-Larr

Such news that [member="Kei Raxis"] had given her made her heart sink. It was visible in the way that her shoulders slumped and she seemed to shut down a little. Torture and kidnapping. She knew that well enough. The echoes of her own screams and cries from months of unending torture still haunted her at night. There were some nights that she hardly slept at all, especially now that she was alone and back to living at the Royal Palace instead of her hidden Estate.

"Come on, Kei, let's get you to the medical wing." If anything, she could help him to recover better and faster, just in case the Sith that took him tried to go for another round. The sooner that he was healed from his physical injuries, the better.

Kay made no move to ask for the details of what had happened. She didn't really want to know. It was too hurtful. "You'll be safe here. At least while you recover. Were you on a mission when you were captured? I don't really know who you're working for these days."

[member="Lady Kay"]
Commenor
853 ABY
c1RjBsw.png
He'd spent weeks in a medical wing.

The cane was just a reminder of the torture. He was healing slowly, the medical team on Kashyyyk had done so much to help him. The cane was just a precaution, the cane was just to help keep him on his feet while he had a lack of strength. He would get there in time, he would rebuild his strength in time. He was healing by the day, strength returning by the day. He had other things to worry about, he wanted to know why Kay had asked for his presence.

"I'm sick of Medical Wings, won't lie. Spent weeks in one after this. The cane is just a reminder. I'll be alright however, I'll be fine"

He grinned, taking a seat in the foyer. He looked towards the Queen. He wanted to know why she had asked him to visit. He assumed it was a social call, but when Kay and Kei sat down it was never a social call. There was always a social element, but they had never been all that good at social elements. Normally they had business to attend to. The last time, Kei was rescuing his lightsaber. Before that, learning the truth about Kay's fall to the darkside.

"You call, I answer. How can I help you, m'lady?"

Kay-Larr

Kay knew well enough of what it was like to be stuck in a medical wing. She had gone through it a few times. She'd even been stuck in a mental ward for a time by [member="Thraxis"] . It was that that had given her a phobia of doctors in white coats and white rooms. Phobias were often developed in scary places. Her abduction by Prazutis had left her scared of doors opening for a time. But that was over with now.

She wasn't do sure that [member="Kei Raxis"] was fine though. She could see that he wasn't. It was in his eyes.

After Kei had sat down, she didn't have the heart to get him to walk over to her office with her. So instead she signalled to her guards to let them be alone. "It's for nothing dire, Kei. At least I hope that it isn't. You said that you've been to Kashyyyk...what's the climate like there? Is everyone still at war?" She wasn't sure of how long she could keep Commenor safe. Especially with [member="Veiere Arenais"] falling down a slippery slope. If only she had gotten to him sooner....

[member="Lady Kay"]
Commenor
853 ABY
c1RjBsw.png
The galaxy was a broken mess.

Everyone was at war, everyone was fighting everyone. The Silver Jedi Order and The Sith Empire, The Galactic Alliance and The First Order. They were head to head, locked in a battle that didn't seem to have an end in site. The only way the fighting would end was if one side gave in, if one side admitted defeat. Neiter side would do that though, they would lose so much territory and no-one in the galaxy wanted to loose territory.

"Everyone is head to head. People are developing newer ships, taking the battle to space. The ground troops clean up the mess"

Space was where he operated. He understood how control fleets, how to make ships and how to make crews do things. He understood how to prevent ships from taking manage, he understood how to keep ship crews alive. It was the one thing he could do, the one thing he understood how to do. He wasn't one of those who tried to fight on the ground, he hated ground combat, he wasn't the best with a lightsaber.

"You seem to have done well staying out of the fight"

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded a little. With everything being tsken to space, that left less civilian populations getting hurt or destroyed. Or so she had hoped. Yet it didn't surprise her that the super powers were still fighting amongst themselves. Perhaps that's the way it always will be, until one side finally defeats the other and then everyone would ve under their thumb. Kay had hoped that such a thing would never happen. She valued CSA's freedom.

She folded her hands on her lap, nodding as [member="Kei Raxis"] acknowledged her good efforts at keeping her people safe. "Thank you. People have said that it wouldn't last, each side warning me that the other side would attack us. But neither have. Our trade routes remain open and secure, and we steer clear of their conflicts. I don't need to choose one side or another. The third option is our own. Will that backfire on me? Maybe some day. But they all use our trade routes, so they all have a stake in keeping this area stable and safe."

[member="Lady Kay"]
Commenor
853 ABY
c1RjBsw.png
Would it backfire?

Maybe. It was entirely possible that someday Commenor and it's allies in The Systems Alliance would be dragged into the war forcefully. However, in the meantime it made sense for Kay to keep her people away from the war. She had good relations with everyone, non aggression pacts with everyone. She was happy keeping her own people safe, keeping her own people content while using his dipolmatic skills as a former Republic Senator to bring new worlds under her protection.

Kei was still interested on why she required his person though. He was all for a friendly catchup but there was always something else. With Kei and Kay, there was always a pressing matter that stopped them catching up like old friends. There was always something that meant that the two of them couldn't just have a friendly catchup. There was always something that meant Kei and Kay couldn't just chill.

Plus, Kei had a meeting about investing in property on Commenor.

"I understand that. The fact that you have kept Commenor so peaceful is what has lead me to invest in property. I have some funds saved up over my life, enough to afford a decent penthouse down in Chasin City. Figure it'd be nice to settle down someday, have a place to just call home. Plus, It'd be nice to have a second home on Commenor, I found that I always seem to end up here and it's expensive to keep paying for hotels"

[member="Arekk"] was also providing Kei a house. He was investing himself, Ar'ekk was investing in a massive space platform, a large resort on Bespin. Kei had managed to pull some friendship strings to get his own place there. He figured having a second house on Commenor wouldn't go amiss though, plus he still owned his run down apartment on Kesh. He had always meant to go back and fix that up, he had never gotten round to it however.

"Anywho. I assume there's more on your mind than just a friendly catchup. How can be of assistance?"

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded a little, remembering what it was like when she was younger and trying to find a place. In the end, she had spent most of her time travelling. She lived in her office when she worked in the Republic Senate, having saved her money for her slave rescue missions and then to bribe the Mandalorians into ending their war with the Republic. That failed though.

And now to get down to business, so to speak. She gave [member="Kei Raxis"] a small smile. "Well I didn't ask you here to babysit, so you can rest easy in that regard. But would you like a job? My fleets are getting larger as I'm acquiring more ships. I could use some help if you're interested."

[member="Lady Kay"]
Commenor
853 ABY
c1RjBsw.png
He was almost glad he didn't have to babysit.

He wasn't great with children. They were loud and always wanted to eat. They were only quiet and sleeping when you didn't want them to be, when you needed to go out and do things and you needed to be productive. Children were full of energy, always hyperactive and running around. They were everywhere, always in front of you. Kei was like that as well, maybe not as much but he could still be like that when he wanted to be.

Then she asked him if he wanted to assist in commanding The Commenor Navy. It was his speciciality, had been for a few years. He understood how fleet commanding worked, he understood the best formations to set ships up in. He understood the best way to line up ships in the midst of battle. Plus, Commenor had a beautiful fleet. Kei had seen the Commenor Fleet only once and he was content that it was a good fleet.

"Well, of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked as [member="Kei Raxis"] gave her the answer that she had wanted, but in a way that wasn't how she had expected it. "Well, you could be busy. You could already have command of other fleets. Or you could have wanted to retire. Either way, I'm grateful that you're willing."

She smiled now. Everything was coming together nicely for the expansion. The Commenor Systems Alliance was growing at a pace that was manageable. "We aren't at war with anyone, nor do I plan to be. Yet it doesn't hurt to be prepared to defend ourselves." And with what had happened to Veiere, it was only a matter of time before his future actions sent reactions her way. She was his weakness that some might try to exploit. But hopefully not for a very long time.

[member="Lady Kay"]
Commenor
853 ABY
c1RjBsw.png
Retirement?

Unlikely. Retirement would mean that the galaxy had stopped trying to kill itself. That looked like but a single spot in the distance, unlikely to occur anytime soon. Kei would always be needed until then, either fighting the Sith Empire or going toe to toe with the might of The First Order fleet. He wasn't lucky enough to retire, he will still needed. Once people stopped needing him, he would settle down on Corellia.

Until then, he had to work.

He had to stand his ground. If that meant leading a fleet of ships into battle, he would. If that meant standing at blades length from a darkside Sith userm he would. If that meant drinking tea while negotiating, he would welcome it with arms outstreched, a chance to rest and breath as the galaxy continued to wage a war around him. If his duty was to stand there and guard the tea, then he would happily carry that out.

What an easy job that would be.

"I understand. I'm always willing, you know me. I enjoy a good ship, I enjoy a good crew. Hey, I even know the best ship to act as a flagship"

He laughed

Kay-Larr

Kay blinked. [member="Kei Raxis"] knew the best ship to work as a flagship? Hmmm. "What kind of ship would that be? We don't have one yet our biggest ship is our battle cruiser, the Queensguard. It's not massive in size, but it's done it's job for us so far."

Perhaps this was a good idea afterall, and one that would benefit them both. Hopefully they wouldn't be at war for some time, yet it was nice to know that there were people in charge that knew what they were doing. That gave her a sense of relief. Afterall, she couldn't be expected to handle -everything-. That would just be far too much for her to handle.

Delegation was key.

[member="Lady Kay"]
Commenor
853 ABY
c1RjBsw.png
He grinned.

He had recently agreed to work with a ship designer, Locke and Key to design his new home, his home in the sky. That would be the perfect flagship, Kei's fortified little weapon of destruction in the sky. It wasn't going to be a weapon in the traditional sense, enough guns to defend but not to attack. It was a command ship at heart, that's all Kei wanted. A command ship to remain out of the fighting and out of the danger.

He nodded to Lady Kay as he explained the ship to her. The basic specification had the ship lined with the best technology in the galaxy and more to come. He hoped to impress her, a little command ship that could use the latest technology to keep track of the battlefield. That was the main point of it, technology that they could use to track the battlefield while the enemy threw themselves towards the bigger, badder ships.

And with that, Kei bid Kay his leave. He needed rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom