Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Colt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon Aegis

T
unknown.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Unknown
  • Affiliation: Talon Richwood
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No

• Production: Unique
  • Material:
Gun:
Durasteel

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthrower
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Slugs
  • Ammunition Capacity: 6 (remaining shots)

• Reload Speed: None (Only 6 shots exist, no reloads in any case)
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Bullets (Own thing, and they don't project lightsaber blades, the crystal is the cartridge, and what is fired)

Strengths:

• The bullets don't just kill a target, they erase them (more in description)
  • The revolver cannot break nor jam.
  • Can go through Lightsabers
Weaknesses:
  • 6 shots, no redos
  • Range of 25 m (exactly)
  • It can only kill one person/creature, it goes into the living creature and the ruins lodge it in
  • Nothing about the gun can be replaced, nor can it be loaded with any other bullet
DESCRIPTION
History:
The Colt is a revolver that was made by an ancient civilization. It was worshiped by the race who made it, if deciphered the race called it a god killer. The revolver doesn't just kill its marks, it erases them from that point forwards, no afterlife, no coming back to life. It fires a bullet with encryptions on it, these cannot be replicated for they are burnt in by a prophet of that tribe. The bullets fire Kyber Crystal cartridges (so now lightsaber emissions).

History of Race (Because they're extinct, not making a new race):
The race was highly religious, its name lost to history. The rulers would listen to prophets who would hear the word of their god. The prophets are known as 100% pure beings, free from error and never second guess. While it may seem bogus to the outside viewer, this race was never incorrect, except one thing. They worshipped a god, but what they thought was a god was more like a demon, who made them construct weaponry. Eventually they figured this out after a prophet had his eyes burnt out for questioning. Deciding to kill it, they made this revolver, and summoned they're god. They shot it, but due to the killing of this demon, the cave collapsed. The demon was actually the chaos of the planet. Eventually with imbalance the destroyed the planet. While killing it, 8 shots were made for it, one used to kill it, two extra shots were made just incase it didn't die.

Talon's history with it:
During a raid of a cave, he found this gun. People were on his heels and one shot stopped them. For it sucked out the man's life, his eyes gone. While there were 6 bullets in the gun, the other one was with it during the collapse of the world. (It was in a small pocket after the cave's collapse, and that small pocket floated and entered an atmosphere, the rock protecting it from the atmosphere.

[member="Talon Richwood"],

Hey man! Really nice gun you got here. Even using my second favorite revolver type from Red Dead II! *Le Mat for the Win*

However, there is some stuff we have to talk about with this weapon. There are a couple paths that I see with this. Either this is a really powerful Force Imbued gun, or this is essentially, A Lightsaber Rifle. Just this being the size of a Schofield .45. So here is what we can do.

I am going to require some heavy edits of this gun. Some of which will be required to fit the general rules of Chaos. An example I have for you is as follows.

Talon Richwood said:
The bullets don't just kill a target, they erase them (more in description)
This is language that points directly towards this weapon being an -Auto-hit/Auto-kill weapon. If you are hit by the gun, then you die. End of story. No chance for you to come back. You even said it yourself. The person is erased. This does not conform to the Rules of Roleplay. Specifically Rule #5. "You may not kill another character without that character's permission." This wording is breaking this rule, and will have to be removed.

Now. Back to my suggestion for you.

If you wish to perform edits on this pistol, it will likely not resemble any kind of form that it currently it is in. This weapon is more powerful than a Banned Lightsaber Rifle, and uses the Crystals that Lightsabers use as a form of bullets/Slugs. While you do have notable weaknesses. Such as only 6 rounds in existence. That is still against the rules of the site.

So, here are your two choices. We can perform some edits together. Get a nice handgun out of this. Or, I can deny this submission on grounds that it breaks a number of the site rules that have been set in place. I really hate to have to do this, and I would like to see something come out of it. However, I fear that any edits we perform, would drastically change any kind of semblance of what you envisioned this to be.

As always, you are more than willing to ask questions or voice concerns with my ruling, and can even ask for a Second Chance if you feel that my judgement is wrong. Let me know what you plan to do.

Talon Aegis

T
[member="Vigil Rostu"] please note that I did specify that it wasn’t a lightsaber gun, it fires the kyber crystals as the bullets, meaning it doesn’t actually fire lightsabers. The bullet is what is shot out of the gun, also please consider that there are only 6 bullets and I cannot call shots for other people. If this is still too powerful, I will change it.

It is noted that you do not use the physical lightsabers themselves. It is noted that there are only 6 rounds ever, with no way to recreate them. This weapon toes the line. Using Force related crystals as the bullet. The Lightsaber rifle used the energy crystal of a Lightsaber as a power source to fire the rifle.

Semantics of what the weapon is to begin with, All of this is indicated to be an Auto-hit, Auto-kill weapon. Those kinds of weapons are not allowed to exist on the board. It goes against the rule of "Consent For Character Kills" by existing.

We can work on edits to make this a handgun that is pretty powerful. But the edits required will change pretty much how weapon works. If you do not want to perform these edits, then I will have to deny this on concept that it breaks the rules.

Talon Aegis

T
[member="Vigil Rostu"] actually, it fires as a revolver, sliding the hammer back and igniting the gunpowder, either way I went ahead and changed it

Hahaha. :D Yes Talon. I understand that. It fires a .45 S&W style round. Using a rotating cylinder with six rounds with a single action firing system with a top break design. I know the gun very well, and I understand how the firearm works.

What doesn't is the usage of Kyber crystal as the actual bullet portion of the cartridge. The effect of "Erasing" someone from existence, with a slug that can cannot be blocked by lightsabers, and instant kill the victim. Is something that is against the rules. I am saying, you cannot have this effect at all.

Talon Aegis

T
[member="Vigil Rostu"] my bad, I would like it near what it is now, what would I have to change

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Talon Richwood"]

As [member="Vigil Rostu"] is otherwise engaged, please be aware that I'll be taking this judgement over.

Talon Richwood said:
Material: Gun: Durasteel
Please include Kyber Crystals (and hyperlink) in this section.

Talon Richwood said:
The bullets don't just kill a target, they erase them (more in description)
This will need to be changed for starters. Due to the nature of roleplay on this site, a weapon of 'absolute death' cannot exist. As VIgil stated above:

Vigil Rostu said:
This is language that points directly towards this weapon being an -Auto-hit/Auto-kill weapon. If you are hit by the gun, then you die. End of story. No chance for you to come back. You even said it yourself. The person is erased. This does not conform to the Rules of Roleplay. Specifically Rule #5. "You may not kill another character without that character's permission." This wording is breaking this rule, and will have to be removed.

Please scale back or remove entirely. The description will also need to be amended to reflect.

Talon Richwood said:
Can go through Lightsabers
This also has no real canonical basis that I'm aware of. Cortosis, perhaps, but even that isn't a given. It is also quite different to the kyber crystals you intend to fire. Another change unless you can elaborate further.

Talon Aegis

T
[member="Runi Verin"] Please move to prefactory, currently I’m on vacation and cannot edit it easily

Talon Aegis

T
[member="Alden Akaran"] I've scrapped it, may reuse the image but Ill wait until after december

Moved to Factory Archives - If you want to remove from the archives, please feel free to tag [member="Runi Verin"], [member="John Locke"], [Member="Alden Akaran"], [Member="Veiere Arenais"] or [Member="Zef Halo"].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom