Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Codex

I've been spending sometime looking through the Codex. I mentioned to [member="Darth Venefica"] that I was interested in creating a species. She told me she had never attempted that before and that I should seek out advice and suggestions from others.

What I have in mind is something like what Lord of the Rings have. The Wargs. I don't mind undertaking a development thread to do this but I rather avoid it if I can. If anyone has anything to help put me on the right path I would appreciate it.

Warg_2.jpg

That guy.

[member="Darth Zarrah"]

Giant wolfish mount? I want one. I mean.... Kendrix wants one. >.>

I've only done one creature: the weethrak and that was already started and I just got permission to finish it so that Kendrix's homeworld could be approved and canon.

I think the dev thread is just if you give it something to make it stronger or quicker or invincible. They will say "If you want this on your critter do a dev thread or dumb it down." If it's something you really want then dev.

For the Weethrak (the turtle I linked) inspration came from actual animals as well: salmon, frogs, turtles, and crocodiles. Odd yes but it came together.

I'm not sure what you are thinking so far but Wolf and Bear stand out the most when looking at the Warg. Also I would look up direwolves for inspiration. If you want to make it domestic and a companion creature, I would also look at Akk dogs(not really a dog but they have a unique force connection) And also Mabari war hounds from Dragon Age.

If you want someone to help you write it or bounce ideas off of I'm around. :)

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
I can tell you off the bat greater Sithspawn require a dev thread. Triple or more hybridized species require a dev thread. Anything with lightsaber resistance or immunity requires a dev thread. Of course, lastly anything generally very large or powerful should have a dev thread as it is likely one will be asked for. Those are the only things set in stone.

If you're looking for advice on what kinds of details or traits this species of yours should have, I can only recommend looking at similar species made by others, such as Ashlan Wolves, Atrisian Tigers, and things of that nature.

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

I was sneaking around the Codex approved species list to get an idea of what I was wanting to do. I like the idea of a sithspawn species but from what I've seen that seems to be more common than rare. I might afterall do a dev thread for my species creation. Sometime today I'm going to work on it and see what I have and what I want then go from there. Thank you for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom