Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The chronicles of a haunted planet

[member="Armaud Eden"]

"Ugh, don't remind me," palm spread out and clutched her stomach, a scowl tossed in his direction. Head shook adamantly at his offer. "Don't think I could chew anything right now, especially if you keep bringing up biting." Accusatory-blue gaze remained steadily on Armaud. There was a refresher door back by the small galley. She eased down into the seat across from him, catching a glimpse of the swirling mists outside the elongated u-wing door windows.

Shoulders slumped as if sitting down finally released the fatigue that had been held back by precarious floodgates.

Med-box popped open. "Got stuff in here if you need it, too. Anti-bacterial stuff. Two bacta patches. A binding if you need it for your hand." Hand reached up and pushed some mud-slopped hair away from her brow. There were so many questions swirling through her head.

Where to start?

"How did you? How did you know about me?" She was referring to his comment about her hidden force signature.

"Hmm." Talking about that. He nodded and smiled, setting the bark down on his lap as he cross his leg. Pulling out the remaining pine sprout, assuming it was actually a pine and not a cypress, he set it down on the metal floor. With it's roots splayed out, there was clearly no fear of it growing, and he patted it gently. "Rather obvious, isn't it?" He said as he sat back up, slipping a pine nut between his lips.

He might take her up on the medicinals but he had always found that the spirit and mind were the most capable healers. His mother had strengthened that assumption of his.

"Your presence is all over this ship. Not physicality, but an imprint. Like scar buds on a tree, where growth had occurred." He looked around. "The dash, the metal, the kitchenette." He waggled the fingers of his right hand, chewing on the pine nut.

"A small percentage of my race can pick that sort of thing up." He leaned forward. "What's more curious to me is why you bother hiding it. Most people wouldn't be able to sense and even those who are sensitive, they'd have to be looking for you specifically."

[member="Kinsey Starchaser"]

[member="Armaud Eden"]

She couldn't help but eyeing that sprout very guardedly. Taking out an antiseptic wipe, she began running it gently along along the cuts and bruises of her exposed arm. The mud required a bit more pressure to get off.

And GREAT. Of ALL the folks in the 'verse, she had to pick up a kind that sensed those kinds of things.

Kiffar?

As he leaned forward, she found herself leaning back - away from him. Wasn't sure if it was by habit or a deeper cautiousness or fear. Not that she was scared of Armaud. Maybe more so that he'd guessed so quickly what she'd tried to keep hidden for so long. She felt bare and exposed - worse than if she'd been standing naked in front of the man.

"There are lots of people trying to find me," she chose her words carefully. Gaze was focused on getting that mud off and her wounds clean. Clean as she could get them. Troubled-blues finally lifted to meet his mossy-orbs. "Can you promise not to tell anyone about this - about me? Trust me when I say it's as much for my safety as for your own."

He wondered what made her worry so much, what made her think that he would go about his journey - speaking to strangers about a force sensitive adventure guide who had taken him to Jandoon. He sat back as she recoiled, every so slightly, as he scratched the dreadlocks on the back of his head.

He would never speak of such a thing.

"Oh, I don't know...what's that sort of secret worth to you?" He smiled, playfully. "You're secret is safe with me. Though..." He stopped scratching the back of his head, lifting the bark to his mouth.

"Does that secret earn a last name?" He narrowed his eyes, looking towards the hull, as if he was thinking out loud instead talking to her. "Or do you imagine I might tell others about that, as well?" He gaze shifted back to her as he tried, with all his might, to make light of this situation. He was beginning to regret telling her that he knew.

But he didn't know enough people to be a threat to her identity. And those he did know were either trusted family members or casual strangers, met in a single moment of time, only to never see them again. And in those latter circumstances, he was more interested in learning than divulging.

[member="Armaud Eden"]

She was supposed to be the one that was able to joke around. Use that as a shield - a diversion. She had to give him credit, though. He was winning in that field. His smile made her relax. Just a little.

Somehow. Deep down. She knew he'd be good for her secret. She didn't have to worry. Since they met, he never seemed to be the self-serving type, which was very rare.

"Well now," head shook once, a small smile breaking free, a crack to her otherwise somber expression. "I don't suppose you would. And since we're about up on the contract," the mists suddenly cleared as they broke to upper atmosphere to the blackness of space. "I suppose I owe you an answer in exchange for some honey."

Must be really good honey.

"Starchaser. Kinsey Starchaser," she began meticulously wiping down her other arm. Ugh. She'd need to change clothes.

"I was starting to think you didn't have one..." He chuckled softly as he nodded. He knew the Starchaser name so her story was starting to make sense. His uncle spoke of a commander for the Galactic Alliance, though his words were often neutral at best and somewhat heated when the mead ran heavy. But based on the way Kinsey seemed to avoid personal information, Maud quietly wondered whether it was her family from which she was running.

"So..." She was right, if this was the end of the journey, then he would need to pay up quite soon. If. And if it was time for that, it might serve her better than these common medical supplies. There was something special about the honey, a derivative of an old and magical tree.

"Does that mean you're giving up on the Eye?" He asked her, truly curious about her search. Or why she was even looking for it. Baby steps. "Jandoon is a big planet. And an even bigger system." They had gotten a good look at it through the view port.

"If you go looking for it again, you might need some help..." He straightened his back. "I'll have you know, I can be quite handy in a pinch."

[member="Armaud Eden"]

She tried to watch him from the corner of her eyes, the kind she thought she could get away with when he wasn't looking. She wanted to catch his reaction about her last name. But nothing on his face set off alarm bells. Good.

A small burst of laughter escaped her throat.

"Some last names are more dangerous to share than others." There was a quick shrug of her shoulders a she stood, tossing the wet cloth in the trash unit. Her smile only grew as he straightened. "Yes. I think you've proved that."

Handy and all that.

"Do I look like a girl who gives up easily?" There was a loft at her brows with that signature lopsided grin along her mud-strewn face. "Maybe after the both of us get in a little better shape, we can come back and look again." She eyed that hand of his. "If you're sure it's worth the cost? But that'll be later. Speaking of now. Am I dropping you back at Port Canverous?"

No, she didn't seem the sort to give up easily. But he let that assumption hang in the air.

He was rudderless. With his sails wide open, if she leaves him somewhere, she might find him gone by the time she returned. Maybe that was for the best, the sort of life he lived didn't leave room for long term attachments. Or at the very least, it wasn't at all supportive of it.

"Hmm." He uttered as he took an offered wrap. Straightening out his hand, he wrapped it taut and tried his best to us the rigidity as a splint until he got something more permanent. "Yeah...Assuming my ship is still there after our escape."

It seemed a good while ago since they made their impressive exit.

He wasn't sure where he was off to next. He was sure, however, that things would sort themselves out. "That is...if its not too far out of the way for you." With the sort of gems he carried, he was just as likely to buy a used hunk of metal as he was to use his old ship. Leap frogging from civilization to civilization, it sat well with him. Which meant that she could have also drop him off at the closest, semi-populated planet, if that worked better for her schedule.

[member="Armaud Eden"]

"It's no problem," she assured him and tossed another mud-soaked cloth into the trash bin. Besides, it was in the contract. But the main thing was? It wasn't like she had a backlog of jobs at the moment. Sure, she had her own list of places she wanted to explore. Legends she wanted to check out but that was a more flexible timeline.

"I suppose I could even wait around to make sure you have a ride off the rock 'cause there is a HIGH chance your ship was lifted. Specially if you didn't bribe the dock master." There was a smirk on her face. Hard to tell how much she was joking. Digging out a well-used business card from her pocket, she offered it to Armaud.

"Contact info, in case you find yourself in a scrap or need to hire the most interesting explorer you'll ever meet."

There was that brief, cocky fire of hers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom