Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore The Bounty Hunter's Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malagith

Clan Sharratt Chronicler
KI3WSvg.png
NOTE: None of this Lore entry draws on any information put out in The Mandalorian
HzxVHzY.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Also, the book “Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter Code” (not available in electronic format)
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Organization Name: The Bounty Hunters’ Guild
  • Classification: Bounty Hunter Organization
  • Affiliation: The Bounty Hunter's Guild has loyalty, only to itself. It does not claim allegiance to any faction or organization.
  • Organization Symbol: See Above
  • Description: The Bounty Hunter’s Guild services bounties across the galaxy. There are both bounty terminals and bounty brokers across the galaxy. The brokers are ones who will meet with and discuss bounties with the Bounty Hunters, including offering them hunts exclusive to hunters based on reputation.
GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
  • Headquarters: Bothmara, Hollastin
  • Domain: The Bounty Hunter Guild have small offices across the galaxy where bounty hunters are able to login to the Intergalactic Bounty Hunters’ Network (IBHN) in order to receive their bounties.
  • Notable Assets: The Bounty Hunters’ Guild Headquarters are located on Bothmara, Hollastin, but it is misleading. The Guild Council is hardly ever there.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Hierarchy: The leadership for The Bounty Hunters’ Guild is made up of four Guild Council Members. These council members are there for the administration of the organization and there to settle disputes and when rules are broken. The members of this council are NPCs and will be detailed in future submissions. The names of the Council members are Rossk Larskor (NPC), Shiela Blackheart (NPC), ADI-6 (NPC), and Firgotta the Hutt (NPC).
  • Membership: There are 1,000s of bounty hunters across the galaxy, all with varying states of skills and reputations. Here are the requirements to become a licensed bounty hunter with The Bounty Hunters’ Guild:
    Each candidate must be sponsored by at least one existing member of the Bounty Hunters’ Guild.
    [*]Each candidate must pay an evaluation fee of 1,000 credits
    [*]Each candidate must have a minimum of five (5) confirmed captures, with bounty payouts totaling at least 25,000 credits.
    [*]Each candidate must survive an initiation test.
    [*]Renewal in The Bounty Hunter's Guild is 2,000 credits per standard year
*This was taken directly from The Bounty Hunter Code

OOC NOTE: PC bounty hunters do not have to undergo these requirements through RP in order to join the Bounty Hunters’ Guild. However, this is a fantastic opportunity for flavor and story if you choose to do so.
  • Climate: The Bounty Hunters’ Guild is not really a social organization, however, guild members have been known to gather and participate together in recreation and in between hunts. Yet, there is a great deal of mistrust and competition between bounty hunters, but they will follow the creed in the end. In addition, they do look after their own—even if they don’t like it.
  • Reputation: It depends on the system where bounty hunters show up. In most every system, they are universally feared, and in some systems, reviled. In most of the Core Worlds, they are seen as true scum and villainy. Each bounty completed and the difficulty of each bounty garners the bounty hunter their reputation.
  • Curios: Bounty Hunters come in all different sizes and shapes. The only curios that connects them would be the type of ships they fly and the trappings they carry. Even then, it can be hard to spot them. What they all have in common is they are licensed hunters and can show proof of that license. In addition, they can all login to the Intergalactic Bounty Hunters’ Network (IBHN). Bounty Hunter FOBs are used to take a bounty and track the bounty.
  • Rules: The Bounty Hunters’ Guild follows a creed that is a non-negotiable in their membership. Violating the Bounty Hunters’ Guild Creed can carry lethal consequences. Here is the creed:

THE BOUNTY HUNTERS' CREED
The First Tenet: People Don’t Have Bounties, Only Acquisitions Have Bounties.
The Second Tenet: Capture By Design, Kill By Necessity
The Third Tenet: No Hunter Shall Slay Another Hunter
The Fourth Tenet: No Hunter Shall Interfere with Another’s Hunt
The Fifth Tenet: In the Hunt, One Captures or Kills, Never Both
The Sixth Tenet: No Hunter Shall Refuse Aid to Another Hunter
*This was taken directly from The Bounty Hunter Code.​

GOALS
In the end, The Bounty Hunters’ Guild is a business. Its goal is to control and preserve the bounty hunting profession. The Bounty Hunters’ Guild has been in existence for millennia and it intends to stay.

MEMBERS
Guild Council Members x 4 (NPCs)
Bounty Hunters (must fulfill the requirements of the membership section)

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Centuries ago, the Galactic Senate authorized the formation of the Bounty Hunter’s Guild so that they could police their own. The four founders headquartered the organization on Trandosha. The Council members have changed over and over, but the organization itself has remained intact and continues to flourish—there seems to be no shortage of bounties.

[member="Malagith"]

This is a great compilation resource on the Bounty Hunter's Guild. I have just a few suggestions.
bhA8Eqk.png
1. Missing Image. There appears to be a broken image at the top. I want to give you the opportunity to either correct the image path or change the image credit to N/A before we lock this and move it.

2. Links. I believe that you're referencing The Bounty Hunter's Code: From the Files of Boba Fett and would ask that you please cite such in the links section by including the appropriate hyperlinks.

3. Affilitation. You listed N/A here. So it has no loyalties whatsoever to any character, faction, government, company or establishment? Not even it's own members? If that's the case, I think it's worth detailing a sentence or two explaining that.

4. Hierarchy. You mention that the 5 members who make up the Bounty Hunter's Guild Council are all NPCs. Is there any information about who these individuals are? What their background is? Do you have any NPC subs that you could link detailing them more?

5. Curios. In the Reputation section, you mentioned Bounty Hunter Coins (BHCs). I'd appreciate if you could detail what a Bounty Hunter Coin is, exactly, in this section as that would seem to be a curio that denotes prestige in the organization.

6. Rules. You seem to be quoting the Creed from The Bounty Hunter's Code: From the Files of Boba Fett and other resources, such as the Bounty Hunter's Creed listing on Wookieepedia. Small quotations are fine, but I need to ask you to please cite that you're quoting material there, or re-phrase the Creed in your own words.

Malagith said:
Those who work for the guild gain a percentage from every bounty collected.
7. Goals. You mention, above, that every bounty hunter gains a percentage from every bounty collected. Do you mean that every member of the organization receives a payout each time that a member collects a bounty? Or that a member bounty hunter pays a percentage to the guild with each capture? Or both?

Malagith said:
MEMBERS
Guild Council Members x 4 (NPCs)
8. Consistency. In the Hierachy section, you described 5 members of the council. Is it 4 or 5?

I appreciate your patience and look forward to your thoughts regarding the above. Please tag me once you've had a chance to complete your edits.

Malagith

Clan Sharratt Chronicler
Hi [member="Zardu Hasselfrau"] ! Love the sig!

As requested, here are the changes I made:

- Added the site Bounty Board as a link
- Fixed the image
- Placed the link to the book
- Elaborated on the affiliation
- I will submit these NPCs separately, but I provided names of the members
- I removed reference to Bounty Hunter Coins - I will submit this in a separate entry
- I quoted the sections that came directly from The Bounty Hunter Code
- I removed the section about percentages
- Fixed the Council to 4 members

[member="Malagith"]

Thank you for those edits. Just one last suggestion from my end.

Malagith said:
  • Affiliation: The Bounty Hunter's Guild has loyalty, only to itself. It does not claim allegiance to any faction or organization.
Contrast the above with:

Malagith said:
  • Description: The Bounty Hunter’s Guild services bounties across the galaxy. There are both bounty terminals and bounty brokers across the galaxy. The brokers are ones who will meet with and discuss bounties with the Bounty Hunters, including offering them hunts exclusive to hunters based on reputation. Black Sun advertises bounties put out by The Bounty Hunter's Guild on its contract board as well.
Being that this organization has only loyalties to itself, what's the connection between the Black Sun and the Bounty Hunter's Guild that the Black Sun would also advertise on its behalf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom