Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Bloodhaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aellin Tedronai

A
H9zrwOw.jpg

Image Source: Wookieepedia
Affiliation: Aellin Tedronai
Manufacturer: Taerab Starship Manufacturing
Model: Harrowing-Class Stealth Dreadnought
Modularity: Minor
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel
Classification: Dreadnought

Length: 400m
Width: 280m
Height: 170m

Armament:
  • 12 Light Turbo-Laser Batteries
  • 24 Quad Laser Cannons
  • 5 Proton Torpedo Tubes
  • 10 Concussion Missile Tubes
Hangar:
  • 2 Squadrons
Special Features:
  • Redundant Shield Generators
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Advanced Targeting & Sensor Systems
  • [x10] Emergency Escape Pods
  • Standard Communications
  • Standard Navigation System
  • Anti-Sensor Coating
  • Advanced Cloaking Device
  • Gravitic Modulator
  • Darkside Nexus
Maneuverability Rating: 11
Speed Rating: 11
Hyperdrive Class: 2

[+]Derelict: The Bloodhaven as it is now known is a ship that for all intense and purposes should not function. There are massive holes within it's hull, huge gaps within it's armor, and flickers within it's shields. Patches of the vessel are entirely missing, viewports are smashed and broken, the inside halls of the ship are smashed and often cracked. The ship from the outside in appears as nothing more than a broken mass of wreckage, a lump of junk that has somehow found the ability to fly once more. The Bloodhaven appears as neither home nor heart, instead simply lumbering through the galaxy and somehow surviving. The ship, despite its appearance, is capable of taking and absorbing quite a bit of damage, somehow limping along despite hundreds of turbo-laser strikes, dozens of missile impacts, and perhaps hundreds of boarding parties that have passed through its halls.

[+]Cloaking Device: At it's core design The Bloodhaven was designed as a stealth ship. It's originally purpose was as a strike vessel against the Old Republic in the ancient Galactic War. To aid in this The Bloodhaven, then The Reaver was equipped with a special one of a kind cloaking device designed off of the system created for the X-70B Phantom-Class. This claoking device spreads over the entirety of the vessel, cutting it's sensor emissions, it's reactor traces, and everything that would give away the ships position*. This cloaking device is extremely efficient, activating within only seconds of being brought online and functioning to hide The Bloodhaven to near perfection, equaling that of a modern day stygium cloaking device.. Aellin later added a Gravitic Modulator to even further enhance the ships Stealth Capability.

[+/-]Darkside Nexus: Due to it's unfortunate fate, The Bloodhaven became a graveyard for hundreds, eventually thousands of people**. This darkside nexus permeates throughout the entirety of The Bloodhaven clinging to every wall, every floor, every ceiling, every single inch of space within the ship. There is a sense of dread and foreboding within the vessel itself, holding to the same tenants as any other Darkside Nexus. Those powerful within the darkside will feel stronger and more empowered within the halls of the ship, those who call to the light will feel ill at ease and perhaps even slightly sick. Ordinary folk who wander the halls of The Bloodhaven will be quicker to anger, more easily corrupted, and find themselves often forgetting those whom they care for the most. The Darkside Nexus that is contained within The Bloodhaven is the one thing that it's cloaking device is unable to hide. Though it is not enough to give away the ships exact position, the Nexus is enough to give force users a sense of foreboding darkness as The Bloodhaven draws near, allowing someone to "sense" if the ship is coming or not. Though again, this is just a general feeling.

[-]Cracked Reactor: Though Normally hidden by it's cloaking device, when not active The Bloodhaven does have the unfortunate happening of a cracked reactor core. For multiple reasons this is extremely dangerous, the least among them being the constant surge of radiation pouring from the ship. What does this mean? It means that those who reside for too long aboard The Bloodhaven will likely eventually fall ill to Radiation poisoning, sickness, and eventually death(unless they are somehow shielded or otherwise kept healthy). It also means that when it's cloaking device is not active The Bloodhaven appears on every sensor system this side of the galaxy, easily traceable and even more easily targeted by most starships.

[-]Broken Hull: Perhaps not it's greatest weakness due to it's ability to somehow survive most impacts, The Bloodhaven however does suffer from massive gaps within it's hull. These gaps provide excellent opportunity to slip into the ship, allowing boarding parties, missiles, droids, pretty much anything to enter the vessel once it's shields have been brought down. Creatively, Jedi, or perhaps even Sith, who seek to confront those aboard could be more than capable of using these massive gaps of hull to come after those inside.

Description:
The Bloodhaven began it's life as a concept millenia before Aellin Tedronai was even a thought, before his parents were even an idea, and before the current state of the galaxy was even thought of as possible. The ship that would become The Bloodhaven was an experimental idea crafted by Darth Malgus of the Sith Empire.

At the time, The Sith Empire was greatly expanding it's reach within the galaxy. There was a ceasfire with the Republic, the war had stalled out, and many Sith Lords sought to consolidate their power and hold their own strength together. These strengths were often put into the physical plane as great war machines, massive projects and technological races in order to create more powerful technologies that would break the balance of the ceasefire and bring victory to the Empire. Many of these projects such as The Silencer were stopped before they could ever truly be used, either by the Republic or by the interference of another Sith Lord that sought to stop the development of one of his peers.

These occurrences were not infrequent within the Empire, and more often than not these grand projects that cost so much money and such great amount of time were never actually brought to fruition. The ship that would become known as The Bloodhaven was one of these very same projects, initiated by Darth Malgus and doomed to fail due to the own greed and lust for power that was held within the Sith Empire's own councils.

The Bloodhaven began it's life in the driveyards of Taerib Starship Manufacturers The very same people that built the Empire's massive fleet of Harrower-Class Dreadnoughts. The Ship was designed as somewhat of a miniature version of the Harrower, a class of vessels that would lead the invasion of a planet not through brute force, but utter surprise. The concept was a simple one, create a cloaking device so utterly foolproof the Republic could not detect it. TSM worked for months under the guidance of Malgus' chosen representative, a woman known as Darth Malexia. Malexia oversaw the project every step of the way, working with those who designed the ship and eventually bringing the project to fruition.

The first and only Harrowing-Class Stealth Dreadnought was born.

Not the most heavily armed vessel, and certainly not the most well equipped, the Harrowing was instead designed to fulfill it's main purpose, as a stealth initiator to a later larger invasion force. This first ship was entitled The Reaver and was brought out of the driveyards by Malexia. Of course, being a Sith, Darth Malexia had no design to actually allow the Harrowing-Class to be used for it's true purpose, at least not the one designated by Malgus himself. Instead Malexia intended to use the vessel for her own purposes.

As is so often the case however, and as the story is told, Darth Malexia failed within her venture. Thought the how of it is not known, and the why is murky at best, The Reaver was eventually brought to the Junkyard world of Raxus Prime, here ti faced opposition of a fleet loyal to Darth Malgus during his attempted coup of the Sith Emperor. The vessel fought with surprising diligence, utilizing it's stealth system to fall in and out of combat, striking at the rear of the enemy and going on hit and run attacks. Eventually Malexia realized that the meager strength of her fleet was not enough, and as Sith were want to do, called upon the powers of the darkside.

In a ritual that was a stark and mortal reminder of what the Sith Emperor did over Dromund Kaas, Malexia used the darkside of the force to pull the collective strength of her fleets crew to herself. Using a twist of the force the Ancient Sith Lord consumed those who had come to trust her, absorbing them and relinquishing their strength unto herself.

She tried to use this power to lash out, to strike at the loyalists of Malgus, but was found lacking. Her own power collapsed in on itself, unable to control the strength that she had taken Malexia failed in her attempt. With a rush of energy and a surge of strength the ancient Sith Lord simply...popped. The power that she had taken was released, explosions carrying through The Reaver and sending it tumbling to the surface of Raxus Prime.

With the enemy defeated and the weapon destroyed, Malgus' loyalist fleet simply left, taking anything from Malexia's remaining fleet that they could and simply abandoning the rest to it's fate upon the junkyard world. It was here that The Reaver was left, for millenia upon millenia it simply sat, a hulking rusted mass upon the surface of Raxus Prime. Over the eons it became buried, more and more junk falling atop it, one of the great acid lakes growing upon it until eventually what had once been meant as a weapon to break the spine of The Republic became little more than a forgotten relic told as a story to those Sith Lords that knew of it.

Eventually, perhaps as a rule of fate, one of Malexia's descendants was told the story of The Reaver and the fate of his long lost ancestor.

This descendant was none other than Aellin Tedronai.

Taking the story to heart, and finding some truth within it, Aellin began to search for the vessel that had once been his ancestors ticket to power. He scoured the galaxy for any hint of the ship, looking through ancient archives, digging through the holdings of Dromund Kaas, and eventually finding what he needed. After months of looking, years of longing, Aellin stumbled upon The Reaver. Though it took him months to dig to it, years to even properly find, Aellin eventually managed to unearth the broken husk of The Reaver.

Along with his Servant, Asha Hex, as well as a cadre of droids, Aellin slowly set to work in repairing The Reaver. Over the course of two years they managed to put the ship back into working order. Repairing it's engines somewhat, replicating it's ancient systems, recrafting it's important systems until eventually the ship, either through a torrent of luck, or the influence of the darkside itself was once again space worthy. Through a monumental undertaking Aellin and Asha began to raise the ship from the surface of Raxus, utilizing it's own powerful engines, repulsor generators, and a touch of the darkside nexus contained within the walls of the ship itself.

Rechristened as The Bloodhaven, the ship tore itself from the underside of Raxus Prime, breaching the planets atmosphere and joining many thousands of starships within the ethos of space, this time as a home for Aellin Tedronai.

Development Thread:
Intent: To Give Aellin a Personal Ship
Who Can Use This: Aellin Tedronai
Primary Source:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Harrower-class_dreadnought
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ravager
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-70B_Phantom-class_prototype

*See Yellow
**See Description

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Aellin Tedronai"]

OK, so. The big question is clearly the cloaking device. You've got 60 posts of dev, and that's great, but a couple of things need answering, so I can get a sense of what you're trying to accomplish here.
  • Do you see this device as overcoming every canon method of beating a cloaking device, including gravitic and magnetic sensors?
  • Do you see this device as overcoming any sensor which might be developed on Chaos?

Aellin Tedronai

A
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Yes on the first. I believe(I might be wrong on this) the cloak on the X-70B(Which is what this is based on) was able to overcome pretty much any sensor technology, granted, this was a millenia before the The Galactic Empire and such but I'm just going to go ahead and say...yes. It would overcome gravitic and magnetic sensors, unless argument is shown that proves otherwise.

As for the second, most definitely not. I won't ever venture to guess what people will eventually come up with here on SWRP, and If someone links me a device they subbed and I think it's cool/would work then I would absolutely be fair and say they found me. I can't guess at what people will develop nor do I know what has already been developed so honestly it would be a case by case basis.

• Serious gravitic sensors were rare, cumbersome, and expensive three and a half millennia later, in Thrawn's era. I'd need to see some explicit precedents to allow four-thousand-year-old stealth tech to beat a CGT. That said, gravitic modulators came a long way afterward, so I have no real problem with you installing a modern gravitic modulator in the wreck.

• Magnetic sensors beating cloaks, that's a much newer bit of canon. There's not enough information to know if those were current in 3000+BBY. Since there are ways to beat magnetic sensors with a couple lines of text, I'm not hugely fussed over this device working against magnetic sensors. That's on the understanding that you're not going to use this device as precedent to roll out the VT-Best Cloaking Device There Can Ever Be. I may still need to consult a higher authority on this cloaking device.

• Thanks for the clarification.

• Average speed for a ship this size would be about 11. Since it's unique and has 60 posts of dev behind it, I'm fine with bumping that down to 9, if you add a little rationale as to why a ship this old and broken is so fast.

• You will probably need more escape pods.

Aellin Tedronai

A
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Added Gravitic Modulator to description and Special Features.

Roger, if I end up making The "VT-Best Cloaking Device There Can Ever Be" I won't use precedent just 200 posts of dev.

Np

Changed speed to 11, I don't want to be fast I just thought 8 was average for a Frigate

Escape pods are for chumps.

Alas, 'hopefully' was not to be. And thus the time did pass away like unto a dream, though not the sort that calms or quells. No, this dream was of a kind that instilled fear in the heart of both submitter and assessor. For most true duties are unpleasant.

Behold! The verdict of my quavering heart. I called upon the powers that be, with oracular arts most foul and portentous. And in their eventual whispers I found grim recognizance: our eyes saw as one. We found it passing strange that millennia of decay should preserve a device so superior to all the grandeur and glory of the day. That nothing new could match the arts of old, we could not admit -- a tangled web of negation, to be sure. Lest clarity be lost: for all thy o'erweening dev, 'tis much to ask that such a hulk be so equipped as to outperform any and all such cloaking pow'rs. In faith, I cannot place my mark upon such a thing, were it not trimm'd to the stature of stygium.

To thine frustrations I can empathize: thou knowest the plethora of ways and means that many have crafted, for purposes of neutering the once-proud cloak. Thou and I alike have attempted such exquisite and ambitious sensory developments, and canon hath added far more. And thus is lost the unique terror of the thing, chipped away by degrees, eroded like a riverbank without anchoring roots. Shouldst thou seek to forge a cloak which bringeth fear, I'd bless thine endeavour, having laid comparable plans in my day. But such feats and functions belong to the achievements of modernity, not the refuse of forty-five centuries.

I offer, then, as olive branch and fellowshipful hand, this middle ground: reduce thy concealing power to stygium's lot; accept the constraints of bitter plausibility; and be contented therewith, as would I and mine.

Aellin Tedronai

A
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Done. Added into the Cloak Strength that its equal to a modern day Stygium cloak.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Aellin Tedronai"] OK so a couple things just to clear it up not really to make changes.

this is a smaller version of the canon Harrower? It was an 800 meter ship.

OK now for the bad part
you claim to have a cloaking device based on the X-70B. this vessel did not have a cloaking device. It had stealth plating.

"The ships were coated with a sensor-resistant exterior and equipped with the most sophisticated equipment and weapons" from wiki

If you want cloaking on the vessel that's fine but you can not base it on something that was not cloaking.
As you have changed it to basically stygium cloaking we can just call it stygium cloaking.

the rest is great and good to go and since you have already had to edit and work things out This is approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom