Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Black Dust of M'Hanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary: The intent of this submission is to expand on the lore of the phenomenon of the black dust of planet of M'Hanna in Hutt Space. According to existing lore, the desolate planet's surface used to contain black dust that was scoured away by supersonic winds. The dust "was the subject of various rumors and legends," but that is where the lore ends.

Faction: Red Ravens (the dust will be utilized as a theme for an upcoming dominion)

Type: History

Description: Long ago, the Black Dust of M'Hanna used to coat the entire surface of M’Hanna, a Hutt space planet located along the hyperlane called The Dead Road. Over thousands of years, the Black Dust was scoured away by supersonic winds, and its existence eventually became one of rumors and legends. As anyone who ever came in contact with the dust is now dead, legend has it that the Black Dust changed the cells of anyone it touched. For some the results were physical, for some mental, but for all, the nature of the transformation was random. Those who came in contact with the Black Dust were said to have developed monstrous physical mutations, or alternatively, amazing gifts, like powers and special abilities. The changes were said to be temporary or permanent, depending on the being's molecular structure, and how long he or she was exposed to the dust. Not only were organics effected, but droids as well.

In the current timeline, the Black Dust has inexplicably returned to the planet's surface in the form of miles wide Black Dust Sandstorms that whirl across the landscape and plague the planet’s few brave travelers. Galactic scientists theorized that a combination of changes in climate and seismic activity unearthed the black dust onto the planet’s barren surface, however it is clear that more studies of the geographic phenomenon must be made.

Scientific research has found that once the dust leaves the atmosphere of M'hanna, the transformative effects of the dust disappear and it simply becomes ordinary black dirt.

Links: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/M%27Hanna

Anja Aj'Rou said:
I assume the dust doesn't actually have these effects and is just for the lore?

[member="Cryax Bane"]
It is supposed to have random effects. The idea is that if the dust touches you, it changes you.

My intention to submit it was to be able to use it in roleplay stories beyond our Dominion thread.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

I don't see anything wrong with this as long as the effects remain on the planet alone and the dust isn't taken off world. Well, I suppose with that first provision even if it were taken off world it'd have no effect.

Anja Aj'Rou said:
[member="Cryax Bane"]

I don't see anything wrong with this as long as the effects remain on the planet alone and the dust isn't taken off world. Well, I suppose with that first provision even if it were taken off world it'd have no effect.
I'm happy to edit my submission to add that stipulation.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

I just realized.

Currently the Lore Creation Forum is only accepting submissions of internal Faction related material and background fluff for player created species and planets.
The reasoning behind this is that the lore sub-forum is experimental, currently. Unfortunately I will have to deny this submission on those grounds; otherwise this was a well-thought idea.

[member="Lorelei Darke"] (Tagged for probationary reasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom