Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Basics [Solo]

Setting: Sith Academy and Dorms.
SOLO Thread.

The Basics.
The Beginning of A Sith Acolyte's Journey.
futuristic-bedroom-1.jpg

"The Force binds the entire galaxy together, every living thing. Learn to connect to the Force. You must..."

The ticking and clatter of machinery drones as she continued to work on the object in her hand. As she continued to work on the ship's broken part, she paid close attention to the audio from the holographic lesson on the basics of Force use.

She absentmindedly screwed bolts into place as the image of the meditative stance popped up on the holodisk.

Looks like you're doing nothing but sitting there.

"Remember the Sith Code. "

The meditation was replaced with the words of the ancient code. As she finished fixing the ship part, she repeated it aloud.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

The engineer had been rolling the code over in her mind for weeks. She had recently joined the Sith Empire, and was reading up on everything she could. The law of the Empire, the history of the Sith... The concept honestly scared her. It seemed like mindless violence to her, yet she could see the main point as well.

Struggle and Pain Builds Endurance and Strength.

Why, Gwyn would not be the person she was today if it were not for her family struggles and academic pursuits. Studying could be difficult, and her parents had been loathsome. Even then, she survived.

She would continue to survive.

The individual lines in the verse were obvious to her. She now felt that she had a grasp at the Force. Question was, could she use it?

She placed the machine piece on the desk her feet had rested on. She reached and took the holodisk. In the palm of her hand, she rewinded it to the meditative position again.

If there was no peace, how could one just sit like that? Gwyn's passions yearned for activity and learning, not taking a nap sitting up! Still, if meditation could help build connection with the Force...

She stretched before standing up. She pulled a sheet from her bed and placed it on the floor. The sheet was too simple in her head eyes. Tapestry was an art, a craft, yet it was a bland grey.

She sighed, taking the position on her sheet. She closed her eyes, mentally reminding herself all the manuscripts taught her. She - she felt something! She was positive she felt something outside herself, an energy that told of two fellow acolytes chatting outside her door. She could feel strong emotion from down the hall, although unreadable by her. Then...

... "She is an abomination!"

Her eyes shot open. She gasped as she was pulled out of it. Her... her father...

She gave herself a violent shake. No! Focus!

She readjusted herself and closed her eyes again. She felt herself slip into the Force again, steadily...

"That brat is not my daughter!"

"No!" Her eyes flashed open again. Overwhelmed by the sudden emotions, she looked up, feeling defiance. The ceiling was cold and grey, as it had been since she first came here. It was steady, firm. She wanted to be that.

"Not not, Not now!"

She closed her eyes again. Hoping to get into the meditative stance and connect to the Force.

"I am a pure Arkanian."

No....

"She is nothing."

No!

Her eyes shot open once again. Why was her mind plagued with memories from her past. Intensity rose as tears streamed down the girl's face. She bolted up from her place in the center of the room, a sob erupting.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

One of her holodevices, resting on her counter, was hastily slapped off the counter. As it fell to the ground, she stomped her foot.

"I am significant!" She raised her fist, "I wll show you, father!"

She was met with silence. Of course, she almost forgot he was not standing right there.

It only made her worse, She instinctively extended her hand to the device on the floor. Her feelings of rejection and bitterness were rising like fire in her veins, pulsing through her heart. The small piece of technology started to vibrate as her deep desire to prove him wrong was poured into it. Then, it snapped.

A spark of electricity sparked as the holopiece cracked from the inside. The girl gasped, taking a step back as she saw what she had done.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

She now knew what it meant.

Meditation was not peaceful, it was focused on her innermost being. It was focused on the passions that drove her.

It felt... it felt so good...

Destroying that thing like it was nothing.

As an engineer, she knew how holodevices worked. She knew the complexities and bits of data used t run them. And here, she had crushed one. Just like that.

It felt so good.

It was... freeing...

She suddenly opened one of her drawers, pulling out a small box. Opening it, a deep red gem was inside. It was dull, yet had an air to it unlike anything else. It was a synthetic lightsaber crystal. They were handed out like candy to initiates, who were expected to build a lightsaber. Gwyn had not gotten to it yet, but knowing that the Force was needed to use it... it would help her connect beyond just crushing a holodisk.

She had salvaged the components and parts she needed. Whether it be from spare parts the engineer had lying around on her ship, or trash others had thrown out back. She sat in a meditative position once again, with a new purpose of making the various bits and pieces into a lightsaber.

She closed her eyes.

"You are a promising student, but are you sure you are up to joining an Arkanian academy?"

"Of course! Why not?"

"Other pure bloods might not see what I see in you..."

She bit her lip, fresh frustration causing her to push forward instead of breaking out. Her skills as an engineer, the manuals she read on lightsaber building.... she pulled it all together in her rash desire to prove her worth.

"Half breed!"

"You'll never be as good as us!"

"Abomination!"

"Spawn of the Rankor!"

She growled, channeling it all into the desire to create something so impressive, no one could deny her talent!

"You have excellent grades, but-"

"-Then why did you set me back! I more than proved my worth!"

"... Because... you're a..."

"Half breed." She finished aloud. "I know..."

She felt something fall into her opened hands. Her eyes fluttered open.

The newly constructed lightsaber was in her hands.

AmdzOe6.jpg

Holding the weapon in her hand, she felt a sense of accomplishment. It was simple, yet spectacular. The artist still felt that something was missing though, but what?

She shook her head, simply standing up and walking to the closet. As it opened, the light shone into the closet. A humanoid looking droid sat deactivated in the corner. Gwyn reached and turned it on.

The droid immediately sat up, exiting the closet. it gave Gwyn a bow and asked, "How may I assist you today, acolyte?"

Gwyn smiled. Since her mother had died in her planet's siege from the Galactic Alliance, she was left with quite a few pretty pennies. This droid, fluent in lightsaber and unnarmed combat, was one of the goodies she had bought from her newly lined pockets.

"Hey, Misini." Gwyn lifted her lightsaber towards the droid, "I built this. Teach me how to use it."

The droid's face glittered as information rushed through its robotic brain, "There are Seven Forms of Lightsaber Combat, but before focusing on those, there are the basics. Let us start with Body Zones..."

Two weeks into her stay at the academy, and she soaked up all information she could. Her daily routine consisted of morning meditations before working out for what was originally a hour, but recently was bumped up to a hour and a half. Gwyn had lived through her planet being war torn enough to be physically well, but she needed to push herself further to develop enough to properly use forms such as Ataru.

She trained regularly with Misini, steadily plowing through the basics of lightsaber combat. She spent hours perfecting the basic maneuvers and memorizing the rings of defense. It consumed so much of her time, it steadily took over her attempts at keeping up her Force powers, yet...

When she was blind folded, blocking stun bolts flying towards her, she felt the Force guide her towards deflecting every one. In fact, she still felt stronger with it. Doing little things like using telepathy to pull an object to her from across the room preached progress.

Yet she knew it was far from enough.

At least, her lightsaber worked fine despite it being her first one.

After a long training session with Misini, she finally had enough for a day. Training with the velocities, she grew at ease as sweat dripped from her forehead. "That's enough, Misini. Rest up."

The droid deactivated its training sabers and stalked towards the closet, "Finally..."

Gwyn rolled her eyes at the droid's snark and grabbed a bottled water. Siting down at her desk, she put her chin in her fist, elbow on the table, as she started up her next recorded Sith lesson.

"Lesson Thirty-Seven: Crystal Bleeding."

She took long gulps of water, her irisless eyes glued to the hologram.

"When a Sith gets ahold of a Jedi's lightsaber, they can take the crystal and Bleed it. It is when..."

Her posture shot up, despite her physical exhaustion.

"... the crystal will be bent to their dominating will, twisted into the Dark Side's alluring grasp. When the crystal has been churned red, this is bleeding. It is an alternative, a more difficult path, to getting a crystal than using synthetics."

Why did no one tell me about this?! She stared blankly at the screen, then towards the lightsaber on her desk.

Did... did she not earn it after all?

She had to!

She had to earn it! She needed to craft, to prove herself! How could she do that with a measly won synthetic crystal? No! She needed to get her hands on a Jedi's crystal and bleed it. Make it her own.

She got up and stalked into her shower. As she refreshed herself from training, her thoughts whirled. How could she do that? She barely knew how to use a lightsaber! Was she not learning fast enough?? As she got dried off and got dressed, she felt her bitter disappointments rising. She was disappointed in herself. She needed to do better.

Wearing a simple, black tunic, she grabbed a cloak off a hook by the door. She needed to race to the academy! Pulling the cloak over herself, she stalked out of her room, through the dorms. She needed to be good enough! She yearned to be good enough! Craved for it!

She would be good enough.

She would bleed a kyber crystal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom