Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech THE B.F.G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Image Source:
grenade_gatling_gun_v_2_by_c_force-d5zi6pw.jpg

http://c-force.deviantart.com/art/Grenade-Gatling-Gun-V-2-361965956

Intent: To maximize your point, by blowing anyone who disagrees with you with a large amount of explosives.

Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: Rusty's Custom Firearms and Cutlery
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/65922-rustys-custom-firearms-and-cutlery/

Model: B.F.G. Grenade launcher

Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: Yes, it is fairly easy once the ammunition has been removed.

Production: Mass produced

Material: Durasteel, Stainless steel, aluminum explosive components

Classification: Grenade Launcher

Size: Hand held and Stationary

Length: 1 meter

Weight: 54 kg

Ammunition Type: Aluminum 40mm grenades

Ammunition Capacity: 100 round repulsor Backpack

Effective Range: 150 meters

Rate of Fire: Fully automatic

Special Features: High explosive rounds, Extreme rate of fire, sensitive trigger

Strengths:

Can level a block in seconds

Takes out charging infantry easily

Good against light armor

Weaknesses:

This khark is HEAVY

The splash effect is dangerous (DANGER CLOSE)

POWDER KEG (No smoking please)

Description: The B.F.G. was designed for maximum enemy butt clenching. It fires 100 hundred rounds a minute and with a sensitive trigger it usually spends its load prematurely. Lugging this weapon around can be cumbersome because of its girth and length. The sack that holds the ammunition is extremely volatile, one stroke of your lightsaber could blow this baby. (Armor the tank before you enter the flank) One would almost need super human strength to take this bad boy as the recoil is immense. It utilizes a blow back loading system. When a round is spent the force from said round sends the bolt backwards and another round is forced upwards into the chamber as the previous shell flies out. A belt of grenades leads from the backpack into the gun itself. Your basic hammer is used to ignite the primer on the rounds causing a chemical reaction to occur within the explosive powder. Propelling them forward. The ammunition bag is supported by light repulsors. Due to the nature of explosives it is recommended you stand at least seventy meters away from the target. A man would sight an enemy building or enemy personnel a football field away. He'd mount his turret and unleash a hundred grenade rounds on them in a minute or less. A Causstik (Enhanced being) would grab The B.F.G. and hip fire it at enemies thirty to fifty meters away. Both results are the same. Total annihilation of enemy forces and structures. (Causstik acknowledges not all results will be the same. Total annihilation is not truly guarenteed)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Causstik Rahn said:
Intent: To maximize your point
Can you explain the intent a little bit more to me? I'm not really sure what it is.

Causstik Rahn said:
Classification: Explosives
I'd probably change this to grenade launcher.

Causstik Rahn said:
Ammunition Capacity: 300 round Backpack
This would probably be prohibitively heavy, especially if the gun itself weighs 54 kg. For comparison's sake, one variety of a real life 40mm grenade weighs 0.23 kg, which doesn't sound like much. But three hundred of these is 69 kilograms, or roughly 150 pounds, and that's not including the gun itself. I'd recommend lowering the ammunition count.

Causstik Rahn said:
Both results are the same. Total annihilation of enemy forces and structures.
I'm a little bit hesitant about these sentences because I feel that they imply that this is a guaranteed result. While it's certainly true that this could happen, it is not a guaranteed result. Please rephrase it as such.

I changed the wording a bit and lowered the ammunition count. I made the mm 40 out of aluminum. Since aluminum is so light it should lower the weight amount. At least that's my justification. [member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Causstik Rahn"], while I would agree that aluminum certainly does cut down on weight, I did try to account for that. The specific grenades and their weights that I was using for the comparison can be found here. These grenades are known for using the M118 cartridge case, which are made out of aluminum.

If we look at real life equivalents, the most common one that I know of, the Mk 19, usually comes with 32-48 grenade belts, but there are examples of automatic grenade launchers with anywhere from 12-50 rounds. From a star wars canon standpoint, the MM-s3 does have a 100 grenade motorized feeding system. Now this is vehicle mounted, but I can see something like this count being applied to this weapon, but this is going to be really, really heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom