Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Aurek Second Wind Node, from iBorg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/a
Intent: A modular node suitable for plugging into an Aurek Socket on certain iBorg neural implants, such as the Clarity.
Development Thread: No
Manufacturer: iBorg
Model: Aurek Second Wind Node
Affiliation: Select Customers
Modularity: It's a module
Production: Limited
Material: Electronics, desh-terenthium, insulated with high-grade nullification resin (optional)
Description: Triam Akovin was present in the Invasion of Geonosis, and suffered a great deal in her latest duel with Vulpesen, and although she survived, it was not without great difficulty. The duel had been grand, but ultimately, being the force insensitive mortal that she was, was entirely susceptible to the effects of Force Drain and basic fatigue. After the invasion, Triam eventually stumbled upon a promising looking cybernetic company on the holonet that seemed to fit her latest desires to improve not only her fallible equipment, but her equally fallible body and mind. She established a contract with the company to become exclusively part of its Research and Development Team, among other details of the arrangement (yet to be established formally in character outside of the Marketplace).

Using her own battlefield experiences as she always does, Triam began to realize that she might have been able to claim victory over Vulpesen if only she could have recovered from the drain with a second wind. She began to make research into the more illegal activities of rigging animal racing games by implanting a favored creature with Micro-motivators, that seemed to increase the performance of these creatures by artificially boosting their drive to continue despite fatigue. Of course, motivation had never been her true battle in that particular instance, but more on the simple fact that she felt less alive than usual.

So research began into bacta products that allowed for a quick boost in overall health, and the only things that made much sense to her was an old device known as the E-Bacta Shot, an experimental prototype for a fast acting healing unit that had the unfortunate side effects of dulled senses. Unfortunately because of this fact the thing did not seem to be approved for sale. However, there was another equally rare bacta related device during the Clone Wars that helped clone commandos process bacta far faster than usual, healing wounds and revitalizing flesh in a few moments rather than days or weeks. Obviously without the designs or schematics, it would be difficult to utilize this information.

E-Bacta Shots however, had been used in other devices in today's age, so that particular device could be more accurately emulated, although Triam was no bacta scientist, and did not inherently understand the precise information related to the chemical and its healing properties, she was sure that iBorg could probably find someone who did, at least enough for what she was hoping for.

However, due to the risk of dulled senses, Traim went on a look out for technology, whether it be mechanical, or drug related, that could help to combat this risk. Eventually, Triam stumbled upon an account of the planet Florn, a planet with an all too hostile ecosystem, that required preternatural senses to comfortably survive... so much so that a specialized implant was required of anyone visiting the world that didn't already have the benefit of the force to conform to this requirement. The principle of the device seemed simple, that used artificial cybernetic means to accelerate the basic nerve impulses to and from the brain in order to accept and translate the most amount of information in an instance as possible.

With her research complete, she proposed a simple idea to iBorg for manufacturing: a specialized implant that has the sole purpose of near instantly revitalizing a patient both psychologically and physically in the heat of battle. She presented them her various research points that she dug up from her personal resources and the massive stores of data on cybernetic and medical advancement through the form of iBorg and the holonet, where she demonstrated that one's will to perform can be augmented through the use of an already animal tested and proven device that can be easily removed, that one's health can be quickly replenished through historically experimental or prototype technology (one of which being used in a popular and famous galactic war), and that the draw backs to these technologies can be combated by an increase in mental acuity through any number of implants similar to the one found on Florn.

What she suggested, was to take the idea of Micro-motivator, and expand its operating system to include the advanced sensory package similar to the Hyperaccelerated Nerve Implant, while utilizing a connected device intended to break down and transmit an advanced form of bacta directly into the blood stream, and utilizes a bacta pump method to recycle bacta in the blood stream to reduce the need for refilling. This would give it the ability to be relatively easy to remove if required, and being less invasive than some implants, while giving the benefit of taking an injured unmotivated user upon activation renewed stamina and motivation to continue their tasks at normalized levels, with only the side effect of dreariness and soreness upon deactivation.

In effect, a second wind which delays the inevitable utter exhaustion of the user.

Strengths:
  • Artificially Motivates User
  • Revitalizes injuries and promotes a healthier output (increase in stamina as a result)
  • Returns users mental faculties closer to "normalized" levels if mentally hampered, demoralized, or distracted in combat​
  • (Optional) Nullification insulation protects user from possible tampering from force users.
Weaknesses:
  • Can only be used to revitalize user once, after neural/voice activation. Once normalized after a twelve hour sleep, it may be used again.
  • Immediately after implant is deactivated after 30 minutes is exceeded, exhaustion both physical and psychological will temporarily cripple the user. They will need around twelve hours sleep to recover.
  • Provides no "extra health" if activated in a normalized state, and will have the above side effects after use.
  • Only works on Near-human species
  • (Optional) For force users, nullification insulation has been known to interfere with a Force-sensitive wearer's extrasensory perception
Primary Source:[SIZE=12.222222328186px] [/SIZE]Wookiepedia Articles Browsed (Note: Wookiepedia's Cybernetic Category is literally awful. I'm glad [member="Selka Ventus"] made this company :p):

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Hmmm... *makes note to notify higher ups that something isn't working properly*

[member="Triam Akovin"]

Anyways, here's what I'm looking at.

You basically took the E-Bacta shot, Bacta Processing Implant, Bacta Pump, Micro-Motivator, and Hyperaccelerated Nerve Implant and glued them all together. After reading the wookiee pages on the things, I agree with you in that the pages are rather... lackluster in explaining nearly anything. From a medical professional's point of view, the lack of explaining just how they work on a living biology is... rather disturbing.

But I digress. The description looks sound and the pros and cons look okay. My concerns are as follows, however:

• Not all creatures and sentients are the same. Is this implant limited to one or two species or is it available to be placed into multiple species of sentients?
  • I may have missed it in the description, but how is this implant activated and how does one shut it off?
  • How does the implant protect users from possible tampering?
  • How long do the effects of this implant last for the user? Does the implant have a timer to tell it when to shut off? Does it run until manually turned off?
Tag me when you're done and we can move right along :)

Triam Akovin said:
Strengths:
  • Artificially Motivates User
  • Revitalizes injuries and promotes a healthier output (increase in stamina as a result)
  • Returns users mental faculties closer to "normalized" levels if mentally hampered, demoralized, or distracted in combat​
  • Could theoretically be scaled up to larger creatures requiring larger doses of bacta, though such an action is not endorsed by iBorg as of this time.
  • (Optional) Nullification insulation protects user from possible tampering from force users.
Weaknesses:
  • Can only be used to revitalize user once, after neural/voice activation. Once normalized after a twelve hour sleep, it may be used again.
  • Immediately after implant is deactivated after 30 minutes is exceeded, exhaustion both physical and psychological will temporarily cripple the user. They will need around twelve hours sleep to recover.
  • Provides no "extra health" if activated in a normalized state, and will have the above side effects after use.
  • Only works on humanoid creatures with a compatible neural biology, and works best physically only for creatures of a comparable mass to the species it is intended for, that being humans.
  • (Optional) For force users, nullification insulation has been known to interfere with a Force-sensitive wearer's extrasensory perception
[member="Popo"] I believe that should cover it :)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Triam Akovin"]
Mkay, looks good so far. Two last bits.

First, you never did say how it was activated.

Second, if it's for humans and those similar to humans, I'm assuming it's Human/Near Humans only?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Triam Akovin"]
Lol okay, I'll admit I missed that one and if it's designed to be used for humans and near humans, go ahead and state as such. If not, then state which species it effects at least in a broad spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom